PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong QF: Elena Dementieva def. [1] Ana Ivanovic 64 16 63

Demska
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Elena :banana: :woohoo: :bowdown:

Sean.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Solid from Elena too many UE from Ana.

Semis finals:

Venus vs Elena
Anna vs Maria

Viktymise
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
:woohoo: From a break down in the 3rd aswell.

Demska
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
Lena :D

schorsch
Well done Elena :)

TheBoiledEgg
Lena ;) :yeah:

Lena played without visor :D
lots of smiles in the match ;) :D

Lucyxx
Elena you cute mamachka! :kiss:

E.Dementieva_FAN
Lena :woohoo: :banana:

LudwigDvorak
She was down 1-2 in the third, won four games in a row (most difficultly) and then had two MPs to win five games in a row then played like shit. :o But she served it out.

3-0 against Ana. 26 64 62, 76 64, and now 64 16 63.

And Jordan said he'd be amazed if she won seven games. :ras:

Russianboy
LENAAAAAAA ROCKZZZZZZZ WOHOOOO :worship::worship:
some really nice rallies in this match :drool:

patch.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Great start Elena :woohoo:

Too many errors in Second set but good fight in the third :bounce:

A nice confidence booster :yeah:

Ana :hug::hug:

Michael!
Great win Elena!:worship:
I saw some amazing points in the third set ;)
Now against Venus...what a match :hearts:

Pureracket
Sounds like a good match.

schorsch
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
Lenas smiles are so cute :) Nice serve and volleying ! O_O :)

Dexter
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
Have fun shopping and get back to Australia asap, Ana. :hug:

Good luck Lena in the rest of the tournament. :yeah:

©@®eLess
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
did she tank this to fly to Perth? anyone knows?

Langers
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Pffft. Ana clearly failed to take this game seriously, how else do you a explain a loss to Elena? She was probably freezing in the conditions too after being in Australia for a few weeks. And why isn't she playing in an Australian tournament after training there? Seems like a strange thing to do.

Anyway I'm rambling, bad luck Ana, but the Aus Open is yours.

Viktymise
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Lena always plays well here, so im not that surprised.

justine schnyder
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Lena!! :D :worship:

LudwigDvorak
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:30 PM

:rolleyes: She still has to play a second match at worst, if she loses to Peng.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Lena continuing her strong form from the last half of 2007.

Pureracket
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
I doubt if she gives up this cash to fly to another exhibition.

Russianboy
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
Pffft. Ana clearly failed to take this game seriously, how else do you a explain a loss to Elena? She was probably freezing in the conditions too after being in Australia for a few weeks. And why isn't she playing in an Australian tournament after training there? Seems like a strange thing to do.

i saw this match and i had the feeling ana took the match more serious than lena :p

Jovana.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Elena :yeah:
Ana :hug: :awww: best of luck in AO!

Russianboy
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:32 PM

idiot.retard.

Slutiana
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:33 PM
:banana:

kaktusino
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Tommorow Venus. :)

Shoulderpova
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Lena :yeah: Keep on beating Ivanovic :devil:

LCS
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Come on!! This is Elena's year! Any video highlights?

Dexter
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
did she tank this to fly to Perth? anyone knows?If she has some braincells, of course she won't. :tape:

*W*
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
wow congrtas lena;)

RONALDO'S GUY
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
What outfit did elena wear?

Pureracket
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
I was wondering about Demen's serve. How was it?

©@®eLess
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
well its better to play Serena anyway...And if its for the money...well shell get a nice piece when they split the hopman cup money in 3 parts....if its for the money...

Viktymise
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
I was wondering about Demen's serve. How was it?

Best part of her game today IMO.

RenaSlam.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Poor Ana :sad:

Congrats, Lena D. :)

Topspin2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Great win Elena! :woohoo:

kinglear
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Pffft. Ana clearly failed to take this game seriously, how else do you a explain a loss to Elena?

I like Ana too, but never county Elena out. The only weapon has over Elena is a serve.

miffedmax
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Lucyxx you B*TCH!!!! I found that photo of Lena and was going to use it as MY avatar, but you beat me to it.

Lena . . . Bangs . . . :drool: :hearts: :drool: :hearts: :drool:

saint2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
Pffft. Ana clearly failed to take this game seriously, how else do you a explain a loss to Elena?

Maybe Elena was just better ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

serenus_2k8
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Wow Venus v Elena is a nice match so early in the season, but I think Vee v Ana would have been more interesting personally!

Cant wait for it though! My money is on a Vee and Masha final!

Effy
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
:drool: nice!

Effy
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:22 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/0e/fullj.e8730c0cd5d616b6c23d2a758f9fbfe5/e8730c0cd5d616b6c23d2a758f9fbfe5-getty-tennis-hkg.jpg
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/fa/fullj.19711947ec76e7cdccf66f97d4752bfc/19711947ec76e7cdccf66f97d4752bfc-getty-tennis-hkg.jpg

:hearts:

kinglear
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Lucyxx you B*TCH!!!! I found that photo of Lena and was going to use it as MY avatar, but you beat me to it.

Lena . . . Bangs . . . :drool: :hearts: :drool: :hearts: :drool:

Yeah, I like that pic too. Now I want to change my avatar.

Helaena
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
two threads for this? :confused:

Helaena
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
lena!!!! good win!!! congrats!!! :bounce:

keep up the good form!!! :kiss:

Lucyxx
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:31 PM
True. Elena deserves more! :bounce:

Blu€
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Great Elena :bigclap::bigclap:, good luck next round!

Chunchun
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
DAMN :drool:

I saw a bit of the third set. Ana just sucked there, making lots of UE. :(Better luck next time, which I hope you don't when you play LenaD.

ewbangkok
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Congrats Lena D

Pureracket
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
lena!!!! good win!!! congrats!!! :bounce:

keep up the good form!!! :kiss:
Should be a nice match between her and Venus.

plantman
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Good win for Dementieva.....:)

"Best part of her game today IMO".... That's great to hear Lenavee!!

If Elena can just keep up a decent service percentage, it would make her matches so much easier on her!

Ana..Good try!!!

Happy Guy
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:53 PM
Elena served 2 or 3 DFs only in the whole match. The first set was quite even. In the second set, Elena was more tentative and Ana went for her shots, especially using her backhand DTL to wrong-foot Elena. In the final set Ana broke to lead 2-1, only to drop her serve immediately and to lose 4 games in a row. Ana hit more errors in the final set and was more tentative.

LCS
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Wow Venus v Elena is a nice match so early in the season, but I think Vee v Ana would have been more interesting personally!

Ana hasn't done much against Venus with the exception of that first encounter in Zurich in 05. I expect a more heated battle with Elena.

UDACHi
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
elena! :hearts: looking hott and serving up an awesome win. :yeah:
i wish she wouldn't tease us at this stupid exhibition each year, though.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080103/capt.3ead3d8bf15743f280179db5098f5840.hong_kong_te nnis_xvy121.jpg
Elena Dementieva of Russia serves during her match against Ana Ivanovic of Serbia on the second day of the JB Group Classsic 2008 tennis event in Hong Kong Thursday, Jan. 3, 2008.

Direwolf
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM

I think that Ana vs Venus looks good on paper..
but Venus has a little bit more trouble with Dementieva...
because Dementieva can both hit a forehand and a backhand..
and a better mover than Ivanonic...

Vee vs Dem sounds better
cause both can play great..

dali
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
:hearts: looking great as always :D

Derek.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Elena. :D

treufreund
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
So glad Elena took her down!

Fergie
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
Ana :(

dorotek23
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Elena :woohoo:
Ana :hug:

DarkchildSwiss
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
congrats elena d

cardio
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:24 PM
little video is here
http://ee.meie.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=45bfd04fd0f1c7c27796

IMPOSSIBLE
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Elena :)

danieln1
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
No one can understand this Ivanovic...

s_j
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Was Ana using a Yonex racket?

Andy.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
Looked like a nice match with so awesome power hitting.

cardio
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Funny dropshot attempt by Ana.
http://ee.meie.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=5cc2b7e1333a313d76b2

Elwin.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Elena :bounce: :)

Filippo-Nastya
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:04 PM
Even though it's only an exhibition, this is a good win for Lena. :)

BoucharDRules
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
They need to make this a real tournament. :D

Go Elena! Destroy your next opponent (whoever that is)!

Corswandt
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Not the two brightest tacticians out there, that's for sure. :tape:

Only saw the 3rd set due to a cable box glitch. I don't think Ivanovic played that bad. Sure, she made a lot of needless errors, but that's to be expected from such a big hitter. And she often defended herself very well, making Lena hit an extra shot. Interesting that Lena began to turn the set around when she started playing with a bigger margin for error in terms of shot placement, cutting down on her own UEs. There was always the risk that Ivanovic would take advantage of some more conservatively placed shot to hit a big FH, which she sometimes did, but it ultimately paid off. From them on, it was mostly a matter of staying longer on the rallies - which is her single biggest edge over Ivanovic, who isn't a great rally-er. Some surprisingly big serves from Lena - we all know her 1st serve, when it does go in, can be more than decent, but some of those were actually very good.

Ben.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Well done Elena :yeah: nice way to start the season off with a win.

Ana :hug: hopefully your next match will be better :)

ce
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Pheobo
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:49 PM
Keep it up Lena! :bounce:

No Name Face
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:55 PM
VERY happy to see this

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:18 AM
:eek: :eek:

Well done Elena D :hearts: :worship:

Ana :sad: :hug: GL @ Sydney & Melbourne. :hearts:

Helaena
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:46 AM
little video is here
http://ee.meie.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=45bfd04fd0f1c7c27796

thanks for this :yeah:

LCS
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:11 PM

Bitch! There you go she defeated Ivanovic again just to prove you haters wrong!

Cp6uja
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Bitch! There you go she defeated Ivanovic again just to prove you haters wrong!Ana lose all her preparation games in preseasson (Szavay, Dementieva and Peng) but when Season started in january her record is 8-2 (she lose only against Henin and Sharapova in january, reach slam final, and beat for example Venus Williams which easy won that Hong Kong EXO beating all opponents in straight sets including Dementieva). On other hand in january opponents which beat Ana before official begin of season have this start:
Dementieva 3-2
Szavay 0-2
Peng 0-2
--------------
All three 3-7 vs. Ana 8-2
BTW Only 2 of 10 january Lena/Agi/Shaui matches is against TOP30 players but theys still won only 3 of this 10 matches. On other hand 4 of Ana's january matches is vs TOP10 players... What you want more like proof about how Ana seriously played in that 0-3 losing strike before start of new season?

cypher_88
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Ana lose all her preparation games in preseasson (Szavay, Dementieva and Peng) but when Season started in january her record is 8-2 (she lose only against Henin and Sharapova in january, reach slam final, and beat for example Venus Williams which easy won that Hong Kong EXO beating all opponents in straight sets including Dementieva). On other hand in january opponents which beat Ana before official begin of season have this start:
Dementieva 3-2
Szavay 0-2
Peng 0-2
--------------
BTW Only 2 of 10 january Lena/Agi/Shaui matches is against TOP30 players but theys still won only 3 of this 10 matches. On other hand 4 of Ana's january matches is vs TOP10 players... What you want more like proof about how Ana seriously played in that 0-3 losing strike before start of new season?

i sincerely tried to understand. i did not succeed. :kiss:

LudwigDvorak
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:44 PM
He's saying Queen Ana did not put her full effort/any effort into winning a match prior to the actual season, therefore that is why Dementieva beat her, otherwise Queen Ana would have crushed that bitch into the ground.

He's just. So ignorant and biased about anything Ivanovic. I usually like his posts since they're informative, but he's always making excuses for her. Dementieva's outplayed Ivanovic 4/4 times they've played. Is that not enough?

Willam
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Great Match Elena :banana: :woohoo: :bounce: :p :kiss: :hearts: :hug: :banana: :woohoo: Keep it up lena :) :) :D :D ;) ;) :hearts:

Slutati
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Ana lose all her preparation games in preseasson (Szavay, Dementieva and Peng) but when Season started in january her record is 8-2 (she lose only against Henin and Sharapova in january, reach slam final, and beat for example Venus Williams which easy won that Hong Kong EXO beating all opponents in straight sets including Dementieva). On other hand in january opponents which beat Ana before official begin of season have this start:
Dementieva 3-2
Szavay 0-2
Peng 0-2
--------------
so?:rolleyes:
Well done Elena :hatoff:

slamchamp
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:55 PM
:) :)

spiritedenergy
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
i sincerely tried to understand. i did not succeed. :kiss:

me neither:weirdo:

and that delusional troll who resurrected this thread????:tape::haha: Dementieva fans can only joy for few wins of their heroine, so when she actually wins something they keep dragging it for years:weirdo:

Cp6uja
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
He's saying Queen Ana did not put her full effort/any effort into winning a match prior to the actual season, therefore that is why Dementieva beat her, otherwise Queen Ana would have crushed that bitch into the ground.

He's just. So ignorant and biased about anything Ivanovic. I usually like his posts since they're informative, but he's always making excuses for her. Dementieva's outplayed Ivanovic 4/4 times they've played. Is that not enough?When Elena beat Ana last week on real tournament i congrats her and i say that she deserve to win that day. But this wins of Szavay, Peng and Dementieva before start of this season worth nothing and "officialy" results of this 3 players and Ana at real matches in january speak for self... end of story... BTW when i talking about queen Ana:angel: achivments and potentials i never use like argument that she beat in one EXO match in Belgrade Novak Djokovic or played one set vs Agassi and lose only after TB - b/c i know values of results at EXO, training or preparation matches. End of story.

mure
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Lena seems to be in great form..i think she will do better than ana at the AO :p

saint2
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:01 PM
me neither:weirdo:

and that delusional troll who resurrected this thread????:tape::haha: Dementieva fans can only joy for few wins of their heroine, so when she actually wins something they keep dragging it for years:weirdo:

4 of those few wins were over Your "heroine", who still achieved less than Elena, so please, shut up.

I also do not understand idea of ressurection this theard, but Your attacks on Elena are simply idiotic...

slamchamp
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:01 PM
When Elena beat Ana last week on real tournament i congrats her and i say that she deserve to win that day. But this wins of Szavay, Peng and Dementieva before start of this season worth nothing and "officialy" results of this 3 players and Ana at real matches in january speak for self... end of story... BTW when i talking about queen Ana:angel: achivments and potentials i never use like argument that she beat in one EXO match in Belgrade Novak Djokovic or played one set vs Agassi and lose only after TB - b/c i know values of results at EXO, training or preparation matches. End of story. :worship: QUEEN ANA :worship:

LudwigDvorak
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:07 PM
When Elena beat Ana last week on real tournament i congrats her and i say that she deserve to win that day. But this wins of Szavay, Peng and Dementieva before start of this season worth nothing and "officialy" results of this 3 players and Ana at real matches in january speak for self... end of story... BTW when i talking about queen Ana:angel: achivments and potentials i never use like argument that she beat in one EXO match in Belgrade Novak Djokovic or played one set vs Agassi and lose only after TB - b/c i know values of results at EXO, training or preparation matches. End of story.

Don't get me wrong, I know the value of exhibitions, but you didn't need to make a big stat thing about why Ana didn't give her all in that match. Even in exhos, especially in Hong Kong as I've noticed, these women still want to win, even if it's a little more relaxed than the tour. I look at their HK match as any of their other hardcourt matches they've played thus far. Nothing different, really. Did you see the match? Ana clearly WANTED to win, I remember an article before that match saying how she wants to beat Elena since she hadn't before already.

Anyway. Ana should beat Elena on clay, so if that match happens in the clay season, Ana fans can rejoice.

LudwigDvorak
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Oh, and Dementieva has forty top ten wins with many more quality wins of players outside the top ten. Our "few" wins are quite many, actually.

The Daviator
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Looking at the way their matches go, I think Elena's supreme fitness is really the difference when they play.

Willam
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:26 PM
:) :)

Love your siggy! ;)

Cp6uja
Mar 5th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Anyway. Ana should beat Elena on clay, so if that match happens in the clay season, Ana fans can rejoice.Also, Ana will have much better chances than Lena in theys next match at Hardcourts (and Grass of course).

I remember coments here when Ana lose they 4th match (all 4 in straight sets) in the row against Schnyder... and in next three is happen just what i predict.

Also i'm sure that Henin will beat Schiavone in theys next match.

LudwigDvorak
Mar 5th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I don't think Ana will ever have a big advantage over Elena on hardcourts. Elena's been one of the best performers on the surface for several years now. Ana is better on clay, although very good on HCs too. That's why the H2H is 4-0, 3-0 are on HCs...dunno how Elena beat Ana on grass though.

I think Ana and Elena will have a good rivalry for the next couple of years. I just wish they could have been closer to each other in age so their rivalry could have flourished more, though. Ana is quickly approaching her best, and Elena IS still edging to the end, even if she's got a few years left. Their matches aren't high quality, but every one I've seen are very dramatic and exciting.

Just seeing their Dubai match, if Ana would get fitter and use her big shots better instead of trying to blow Elena off the court, she would be able to beat her. She'll figure that out though.

But as it stands, 3-0 looks good to me. :)

goldenlox
Mar 5th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Also...

Also i'm sure that Henin will beat Schiavone in theys next match.
Henin has 7 majors.
Lena and Ana both have 2 slam finals. Lena has an Olympic silver, more titles and a 3-0 h2h with Ana.

Willam
Mar 5th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I think Ana and Elena will have a good rivalry for the next couple of years. I just wish they could have been closer to each other in age so their rivalry could have flourished more, though. Ana is quickly approaching her best, and Elena IS still edging to the end, even if she's got a few years left. Their matches aren't high quality, but every one I've seen are very dramatic and exciting.

Just seeing their Dubai match, if Ana would get fitter and use her big shots better instead of trying to blow Elena off the court, she would be able to beat her. She'll figure that out though.

But as it stands, 3-0 looks good to me. :)

ELena dementieva has 5 years left if not more :shrug:

LudwigDvorak
Mar 5th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Henin has 7 majors.
Lena and Ana both have 2 slam finals. Lena has an Olympic silver, more titles and a 3-0 h2h with Ana.

Ana is twenty now, right? Twenty years and three months, roughly. Elena was twenty and three months in January 2002. Compare their relative careers at that age. Sure, Elena's been a late bloomer, but Ana's nearly rivaled Elena's career in the span of one year, and she's twenty. Elena's twenty-six.

That said, I still don't like comparing players with more than a couple years difference in age.