PDA

View Full Version : HC: Jankovic/Djokovic d Dulko/Chela 6-1, 3-6, 7-6(10/4)

Slutiana
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:06 PM
Wtf?!!?

dybbuk
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Jankovic has retired in singles twice only to come back and win doubles. :confused:

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
There's something really fish about Jelena! :lol:

IanRadi
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
I really liked how Gisela played this match :)

FrenchY52
Well done :)
I hope Jankovic will play the whole match against Serena..

FrenchY52
I really liked how Gisela played this match :)

You mean like a crap ?

Mina Vagante
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
How does this leave the chances for the French? They have to win doubles in straight sets?

Huntress555
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:13 PM
Yay!

I just hope Jelena will be ok, I mean from what she said she is obviously going to play tomorrow, so I hope it all goes ok!

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:14 PM
There is something really strange in the Hopman Cup rules.

Jelena, wtf are you doing?! :rolleyes:
You're world #3. Slams should be your goal, not this stupid exhibition...

cfc_4_ever
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:15 PM
France Cant make it. Serbia havent lost at all.

Jelena after match "No actually it is worst, I think it is quite inflamed... I shouldnt be here I am really risking my injury and my career"

Interviewer- "And Why are you here?"

"Pleasure to play in front off all you guys, the best crowd i have every played in front off"

Mikey.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
She plays better in the doubles because she doesn't have to move much and Novak can cover most of the court for her. I think they probably should both withdraw because Jelena will make her injury worse and if Novak keeps running around like this for Jelena, he will injure himself. Oh well. Maybe Novak can will win the singles tomorrow and then they can win the doubles again to win the tournament.

Huntress555
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
Maybe she really wants one of the trophies, they are very pretty afterall :p

Lucemferre
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
France Cant make it. Serbia havent lost at all.

Jelena after match Why are you playing? "I am risking my career by playing, but I love playing in front of you guys, the best crowd i have played in front off"

And we believe her :rolleyes:

justine schnyder
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
Jankovic has retired in singles twice only to come back and win doubles. :confused:

I don't get that too...:confused:

Slutiana
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe she is after the money like some said she was. :tape:

but it just doesn't make sense... It really doesn't. And I doubt they'll win the doubles. Serena/Fish would blow them off the court. I know Golovin won FO mixed before but shes still pretty crap at doubles. Same with Dulko. Serena isn't.

rrfnpump
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Jelena after match Why are you playing? "I am risking my career by playing, but I love playing in front of you guys, the best crowd i have played in front off""

blablabla. :rolleyes:
Jankovic is not only risking her career, but her credibility as well. And I begin to think she has no brain at all.

Maybe she wants a bit of Nole. :o

Mikey.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
In the interview she kept saying how she really wanted to get the win for Serbia.
Maybe she just doesn't want to let her country and her fans down. :shrug:

.:sk:.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM

That's what I expect for tomorrow. JJ retires vs. Serena. Djoko wins over Fish and then they play the mixed to win the cup... :lol:

cfc_4_ever
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
And we believe her :rolleyes:

About the injury or crowd???

Crowd, Serbia gets massive support at the Hopman Cup. More than they would anywhere else except in Serbia. A very large Serbian Population in WA.

Injury. Risking career no. Australian Open and ranking Yes.

So no matter the reason for playing it is a big risk.

IanRadi
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
You mean like a crap ?

:scratch:

She served and volleyed very well which shows her ability of doubles player. She even played fantastic points with Nole :D

Mikey.
That's what I expect for tomorrow. JJ retires vs. Serena. Djoko wins over Fish and then they play the mixed to win the cup... :lol:

They should play the men's singles then the mixed doubles first to see what happens. They allowed the Czech's to move around their schedule.

cfc_4_ever

Substition Rule. Ana is in Sydney 3hr flight to perth. She plays singles Jelena dbls. If Serena or Mardy complain, one word Megahan.

Can the sub rule be used for 1 rubber or is it rubber to rubber. It has never been clarified.

If Paul went to Jelena, "Ana is on her way" Will Jelena go thank god and take a backward step

Slutiana
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
In the interview she kept saying how she really wanted to get the win for Serbia.
I think serbia would rather her go and do something substantial in the AO than win an exhibition tournie. WTF?

Huntress555
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
Substition Rule. Ana is in Sydney 3hr flight to perth. She plays singles Jelena dbls. If Serena or Mardy complain, one word Megahan

I think thats different.

You cant substitute during a tie, but I think between ties you can? Which made it ok for Megan then Serena to play.

Slutiana
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Substition Rule. Ana is in Sydney 3hr flight to perth. She plays singles Jelena dbls. If Serena or Mardy complain, one word Megahan
Ana is in HK.

RND
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
:rolls:

Jelena :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

cfc_4_ever
Ana is in HK.

Really?? Fox Sports Commentators said durning the match she was in Sydney, training. I think he said something along the lines off Running up and down sand.

But the Fox Sports host are tools anyway

Mateo Mathieu
About the injury or crowd???

Crowd, Serbia gets massive support at the Hopman Cup. More than they would anywhere else except in Serbia. A very large Serbian Population in WA.

Injury. Risking career no. Australian Open and ranking Yes.

So no matter the reason for playing it is a big risk.
You haven't seen Serbian supporters in Sydney especially the final last year :p

Elwin.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
WTF :tape:

JAMESYBABY!
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
comon serbia:rocker2:

Shanna
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
What the hell Jelana is doing, I think she will soon regret this...

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:37 PM
I watched it, actually Jelena was just serving and ... serving :shrug: Novak was amazing.

Take care Jelena, and get better for AO :hug:

Tenis Srbija
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Serbian force :yeah:

Bravo Novak and Jelena!

Tenis Srbija
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:42 PM
I watched it, actually Jelena was just serving and ... serving :shrug: Novak was amazing.

Take care Jelena, and get better for AO :hug:

Not true... She played some really good tennis from baseline, also reterned well, and her play on the net was, well nice... She just couldn't move fast. But she played good.

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Not true... She played some really good tennis from baseline, also reterned well, and her play on the net was, well nice... She just couldn't move fast. But she played good.

True, but still Novak saved us :angel:

daniela86
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:09 PM

I think that's it :p She probably doesn't want to let Djokovic down too :p But once again, she is too much optimistic imo as she probably thinks that she will still be able to play in Melbourne and win some matches just like she believed her body would be enough resistant to play 1414553 tournaments in a row last year.
I don't think she risks her whole career but she is likely to arrive in Melbourne in a worse shape than she would have had she stopped playing on Wednesday.
Congrats for winning though :hug: :hug: but I wish she was more careful :awww: :(

©@®eLess
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
Jelena is really dedicated to Serbia, she has proven that tons of times. She almost died vs Cibulkova at Fed Cup. She is really proud of where she comes from, and she said millions of times that the greatest honour si to win for your country. Tennis has become all about the money,contracts and modelling. She's been showing immense appreciation for the sport with her dedication, and thus she became a role model for many kids here. She doesnt represent just herslef...no matter how tennis is individual sport. she stands beside her flag and is damn proud about it! She is risking to much though...

njnetswill
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Jelena :smash:

Freakan
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Jelena is really determined to make Serbian people love her more than Ana :lol:

©@®eLess
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:07 PM
Jelena is really determined to make Serbian people love her more than Ana :lol:

well its actually Ana who should work on that :lol:

Cp6uja
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
By: Reuters

PERTH, Australia, Jan 3 - Jelena Jankovic said she could be risking her career by playing with a leg injury at the Hopman Cup.

Jankovic, who hurt her right thigh on Wednesday, was unable to complete her singles match on Thursday but returned for the mixed doubles later as Serbia beat Argentina 2-1 to set up a final meeting with United States on Friday.
The world number three sported heavy strapping on her thigh and although her movement appeared better than it was on Wednesday, she was still restricted.
"I shouldn't be here, I am really risking my career," Jankovic told the crowd after helping Novak Djokovic beat Gisela Dulko and Juan Ignacio Chela 6-1 3-6 7-6 in the doubles.
"It's a bit worse today and I shouldn't be playing but I love playing for my country and I will just try the best I can."
Jankovic won the first set of her singles contest with Dulko before quitting at 0-2 in the second.
"I'm having a hard time on the court," said Jankovic, who will take on former world number one Serena Williams in the singles on Friday.
"I don't know why I am still here, I really don't, but I want Serbia to win."

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

DaMamaJama87
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
Jelena is really dedicated to Serbia, she has proven that tons of times. She almost died vs Cibulkova at Fed Cup. She is really proud of where she comes from, and she said millions of times that the greatest honour si to win for your country. Tennis has become all about the money,contracts and modelling. She's been showing immense appreciation for the sport with her dedication, and thus she became a role model for many kids here. She doesnt represent just herslef...no matter how tennis is individual sport. she stands beside her flag and is damn proud about it! She is risking to much though...

I hope Serbians appreciate her when she has to pull out of the Olympics later this year with a broken leg.

Slumpsova
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:23 PM
Maybe she is after the money like some said she was. :tape:

but it just doesn't make sense... It really doesn't. And I doubt they'll win the doubles. Serena/Fish would blow them off the court. I know Golovin won FO mixed before but shes still pretty crap at doubles. Same with Dulko. Serena isn't.
or it can go either way, Serena might withdraw from mixed doubles instead :tape:
you know things like that can happen anytime :lol:

Dexter
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
I hope Serbians appreciate her when she has to pull out of the Olympics later this year with a broken leg.:haha: Brilliance!