PDA

View Full Version : Serena really is looking sensational!!

Jakeev
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:56 AM
Finally caught a glimpse of Serena at the Hopman Cup and wowwwww she is looking amazing:eek: Is this best shape she has been in since 03 or am I seeing things?

In The Zone
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:58 AM
She was in great shape in 2004. Check out her sexy 2004 USO pictures. I think this is the best she has looked since Melbourne 05. She has a little bit more work to do but she looks amazing. :D

NeeemZ
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:03 AM
She looks much healthier than in the last couple of years.

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:04 AM
yeah she lost half her ass from last year lol

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:05 AM
tonight i will see Serena play and god i cant wait-in the pics she looks fit, and thats enough for me

if she turns up for the AO healthy-goodbye Henin :wavey:

apparently the new court is faster and everyone knows when Serena is on-she is the best

this past year, everyones been banging on about Henin which has motivated Serena even more IMO

shes ready to take her place as world #1

-VSR-
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:05 AM
US Open 2004/Australian Open 2005 :drool:

She's getting there!

urock34
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:07 AM
maybe if she wore some more risque clothes shed look better

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:08 AM
tonight i will see Serena play and god i cant wait-in the pics she looks fit, and thats enough for me

apparently the new court is faster and everyone knows when Serena is on-she is the best

this past year, everyones been banging on about Henin which has motivated Serena even more IMO

actually its only slightly faster. the main difference is the truer bounce:)

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:11 AM
I would say she resembles her 05 AO self which contrary to what some I thought was very fit. Maybe not as lean still as the USO 04 but she'll get there soon if she keeps working hard

In The Zone
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:14 AM
Well based on Na Li's apparent resurgence, Justine Henin vs. Na Li in the first round sounds great! :drool:

I really like the new surface. It, at times, actually appeared to be very slow. I think it had a little to do with the camera angle but it does seem to be playing a little slow -- not fast as predicted. Serena is having no problems with it though.

G1Player2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:14 AM
US Open 2004/Australian Open 2005 :drool:

She's getting there!

She served better at the 2007 AO though.

LUIS9
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:15 AM
I would say she resembles her 05 AO self which contrary to what some I thought was very fit. Maybe not as lean still as the USO 04 but she'll get there soon if she keeps working hard

Hmm I am sure the rest of the tour does not mind Serena carrying an extra few pounds. ;) Cause a lean Serena spells trouble, even when she carries that hump in the trunk she still honks and thumps, so only imagine her back to being leaner and quicker. :o :p

Huntress555
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:30 AM
Yep, she certainly looks great this year, which isnt great news for the rest of the players!

-VSR-
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
She served better at the 2007 AO though.

For sure. I was just saying that she looked fierce in 2004/2005.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
...;12214037']actually its only slightly faster. the main difference is the truer bounce:)

sounds good to me

sounds good for both Sveta and Serena so I'm happy!!!

last year I was lucky enough to go to the AO, and I was shocked at how hot the surface was-I hope they've sorted that problem out

bugger the surface speed, seriously-I dont know how the players stood on it for more than a minute, if that!!!

I gained a hell of a lot of respect for the Chinese players-they were the only people out in the extreme-they had a big crowd but they didnt care, they were so into it, unbelievable :worship:

nelsondan
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
I am scared to start trouble---but I would like to see a thread which tells which players would play better tennis if they lost a few pounds, (better quickness and energy), and which ones might get better results if they gained a few pounds. (more power in the shots, greater endurance over the days of a tournament). I wonder if their best looking weight is also their best tennis playing weight. But you could get killed talking about stuff like that.

frenchie
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:27 AM
I can't wait to see her play live

xr6turbo
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:38 AM
I just got back from the USA vs. AUS session.. :D Was so awesome, had the best seats! Serena really is looking great, her body looks so fit up close and she hit some really great shots today. I got a few photos and videos which i'll try to put up later, i took them on my phone so they might be a bit dodgey haha.

The doubles was hilarious, Serena was skipping around and laughing hysterically all the time :lol: They look like they are having a really good time out there.. Hope they can win tomorrow night :D

P.S. As i was walking in at the start of the session, Jankovic walked right past me with a huge ice pack taped to her ass :haha: I tried to get a pic, but she went into the tournament office. Hope she is ok for her matches tonight.

Chrisi
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:50 AM
She looks so fit! :bounce:

Chance
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:54 AM
I love the mixed doubles, wish my VCR recorded it.
Thanks for the report xr6turbo.

jujufreak
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:01 AM

my my, so self-assured :) the confidence keeps growing :cool:

:singer: the world is mine :dance: :lol:

Jakeev
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
I am scared to start trouble---but I would like to see a thread which tells which players would play better tennis if they lost a few pounds, (better quickness and energy), and which ones might get better results if they gained a few pounds. (more power in the shots, greater endurance over the days of a tournament). I wonder if their best looking weight is also their best tennis playing weight. But you could get killed talking about stuff like that.
I only started the thread from what I saw of her in the mixed doubles event. It's obvious from her tough wins over Safarova and Molik that even though she has improved her fitness in two months, she still needs to get the ball rolling in her tennis performances.
If anything, this was the right venue for Serena to fine tune the areas that need work before Melbourne.

OsloErik
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20071231/capt.sge.oky86.311207074343.photo02.photo.default-512x401.jpg?x=400&y=313&sig=.hd1q.5wnSDo_Z2yA_h7_A--

I hope this works, images aren't my thing, but WOW she looks good, and if she's playing this well a little bit sick, she can be FIERCE the whole year.

I didn't think the weight caused a ton of problems with her game; she wasn't losing very close matches, in which every point mattered and being a step or two late is a problem. I think the weight was contributing to the injury problems. It was a really vicious cycle; the slight weight gain (and it wasn't as bad as some people make it out, just not what it could be for a world-class athlete) would put extra strain on her knee (and ankle in '05?), and the injury would make it hard to do cardio, the only way to really get the non-muscle weight off. I hope, hope, hope this season brings good health to Serena, because she's a joy to see playing at her best.

In a warped way, Henin's success last season may have been the best thing for Serena. She likes a challenge to her supremacy. She concentrated on Sharapova after '04 and hasn't lost to her since. Henin's tougher because her weakness isn't as straightforward to exploit, but if anyone can do it, Serena can. I don't think she'll necessarily be the FIRST to beat Henin this season, but she'll do it at least twice if they meet four times.

BOY I'm excited for the big events now.