PDA

View Full Version : Hopman Cup: Serena Williams [USA] def. Alicia Molik [AUS] 6-2 7-6(7)

-VSR-
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
Looks like a good test, I'll leave my comments for when I see the match. :)

tae04
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:09 AM
Go Serena. She looks great for the beginning of the year. Her serving was on fire, nowhere close to being broken any game.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Congrats Serena :aparty: Now I know that Sky Sports Extra will show it 2mrw night I'll be able to see how well she played :)

BuTtErFrEnA
:woohoo:

PatrickRyan
Great win Serena! :)

The Daviator
Two wins over good opponents, now win the title :yeah:

cartmancop
Good job Serena! Hopefully Mardy can put them into the final.

RenaSlam.
Her serve is on fire :eek: :worship:

Lucyxx
It's on TTC now. Gonna go TiVo the last few games now.

Aneras. :woohoo:

RJWCapriati
Very nice!

supergrunt
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
Serena :yeah: !

Craigy
Well done Serena. :yeah:

IceSkaTennisFan
When (time and time zone) does it come on Star Sports?

vettipooh
:bounce: :banana: Wtg Rena!!!!

.Andrew.
Congrats, Serena! :woohoo:
Good win. :)

Alicia :hug:

serenus_2k8
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:12 AM
Congratz Ree!

MrSerenaWilliams
:bounce::woohoo:

Go Ree! You made me nervous w/ those last few return games, but you pulled it out :bounce:

Venus+Serena#1fan
Pretty good match, Serve was terrific and the winners to errors were good. For sure she looks fitter than in any of 2007.....can still take it up a notch tennis wise, be more explosive, move faster but def good enough to win and looking good for Melbourne!

-VSR-
When (time and time zone) does it come on Star Sports?

If I read it correctly, Star Sports, livestream, it will come on at 23:00 (EST) which is in about 50 minutes. I'm pretty sure I've got it correct.

So Disrespectful
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:13 AM
When Alicia plays badly, she looks like a club player. Sometimes it's almost laughable the type of shots she comes up with. She got it together in the second set and saved 7 break points, but never made any inroads on Serena's serve. When Alicia plays too passively, she starts producing errors, and her backhand :lol:

Serena served very well, but once again I don't think she was as aggressive as she would like to be. She squandered some break points and match points with stupid errors, but overall she did well against the home crowd.

BuTtErFrEnA
aww you beat me to it!! lol

great going serena!!! she held serve so easily all the time!!! that's how we do it baby girl :)

Huntress555
Serena did well.

If only Alicia had of played the first set like she did the second. Some positives to take out of the match for her though, but still alot to work on.

scorpio64
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:14 AM
Serena looks to be be in really great shape, not the biggest fan , but I really hope she stays healthy . Makes things much more interesting

Mrs. Peel
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:14 AM
Serena looked and played GREAT. Alicia pulled her game together a little too late. Serena has alot to say to Alicia at the end of the match. I wonder what was said? It looked really nice. :D
I think Serena is all covered up cause she wants to unveil her fit body at the AO :lol:
Good victory for Serena. That serve:eek:

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:15 AM
she was too good for molik in that first set, just over powered her completely!
second set, molik was very lucky to make it a tiebreak but serena was lucky to win the tiebreak with a very balls that just caught the line... in the end it was a very good match and serena was extremely nice to alicia at the end and complemented her in the interview:)

although i must say i am so annoyed at how much luck the USA has had this week:
- shaughnessy plays mirza when mirza plays like crap - if mirza played like she did against alicia she would have crushed meghann
- serena only just own against lucie... lucie had so many chances to beat her.
- thomas sooo would have beaten marty but of course couldnt play (he won against australia though)
- mirza played great against alicia
- aussies had MP's to beat india in the mixed.

so its been really hard on the aussies i think, theyve been very unlucky so far...

but well done serena today, she played soo well and was such a great sport during the interview:):):)

Aaron.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:15 AM
If I read it correctly, Star Sports, livestream, it will come on at 23:00 (EST) which is in about 50 minutes. I'm pretty sure I've got it correct. Where can i find star sports stream?

Huntress555
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:16 AM
Haha, didnt see this thread!

I wish Alicia's serve would pick up a bit more, she use to have one of the most dominant serves on tour and now its not as effective, but hopefully that picks up!

Everything about the first set from Alicia sucked, but it was nice to see her play aggressive and not give up in the second. I think perhaps that shows mentally she does have it in her to dig herself out of a tough situation, its just a pity her execution wasnt really on and Serena just played too well.

Andy.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:16 AM
Great second set from both women. Im very proud of Alicia for hanging in there and really taking it to Serena she showed top 20 form in that match.

doni1212
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:17 AM
Good job Ree!!!

doni1212
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:19 AM
Where can i find star sports stream?

On the TVU networks website under sports.

brabbit
Where is the Star Sports link?

-VSR-
Where can i find star sports stream?

http://pages.tvunetworks.com/channels/index.jsp?g=3#

I'm pretty sure you'll need to download the TVU player on that website though. It will have the channel on there too.

brabbit
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:20 AM
Thanks!!!!

starin
...;12212752']she was too good for molik in that first set, just over powered her completely!
second set, molik was very lucky to make it a tiebreak but serena was lucky to win the tiebreak with a very balls that just caught the line... in the end it was a very good match and serena was extremely nice to alicia at the end and complemented her in the interview:)

- shaughnessy plays mirza when mirza plays like crap - if mirza played like she did against alicia she would have crushed meghann
- thomas sooo would have beaten marty but of course couldnt play (he won against australia though)

so its been really hard on the aussies i think, theyve been very unlucky so far...

but well done serena today, she played soo well and was such a great sport during the interview:):):)

it ain't over yet. If Luczak beats Fish Australia has a chance to make the finals. I think.

vettipooh
Nice job Rena. I was nervous it would go to 3. Serena held it together when Molik got tough. Wtg BG!! :banana:

So Disrespectful
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:22 AM
it ain't over yet. If Luczak beats Fish Australia has a chance to make the finals. I think.

No, no chance anymore.

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:24 AM

nope were out.... had we won another macth (ie. doubles against india) or USA lost another match (ie. if berdych played) that would be the case

:(

Huntress555
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:26 AM
...;12212752']she was too good for molik in that first set, just over powered her completely!

Yeah the Thomas thing annoyed me the most, it sucks USA got an easy victory there with him not being able to play. But thats just how Tennis goes.

Oh well Australia out of the Cup yet again, at least this year we didn't have any injuries (yet, *touch wood, fingers crossed etc* :lol:)

And what I never thought would happen, the more I watch Serena and see her interviews the more shes starting to grow on me :p

Douce
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:27 AM
Serena just seemed like she was coasting for majority of the match...just trying to get match tough with these games. Also her groundstrokes look much more effective then of late...Good job Ree!!

switz
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:30 AM
When Molik makes first serves and flattens her ground strokes out she looks like a top 10 player. very different story when she isn't serving well and tries to brush up so much against the ball. had her chances in the tiebreak. i think overall she will be happy to fought so well and pushed Serena.

Both girls look a lot fitter. Alicia body is a lot tighter :drool:

starin
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:32 AM
http://pages.tvunetworks.com/channels/index.jsp?g=3#

I'm pretty sure you'll need to download the TVU player on that website though. It will have the channel on there too.

don't they usually play a replay of yesterday's results?

Lulu.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:33 AM
Well done Serena. :yeah:

Keep it up!

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:35 AM
Yeah the Thomas thing annoyed me the most, it sucks USA got an easy victory there with him not being able to play. But thats just how Tennis goes.

Oh well Australia out of the Cup yet again, at least this year we didn't have any injuries (yet, *touch wood, fingers crossed etc* :lol:)

And what I never thought would happen, the more I watch Serena and see her interviews the more shes starting to grow on me :p

agree agree agree:)

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:36 AM
Well done Serena :woohoo:

Damn, I'm so mad. I just missed it on TTC. They don't have Hopman Cup listed on the guide, so I didn't know. :mad:

Lucyxx
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:36 AM
Supreme serving in that tiebreak. I think Alicia can knock off some unsuspecting people at AO.

OZTENNIS
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:37 AM
Serena served great...Alicia was no match for her in the first set
But in the second set, Alicia really toughed it out, served her way out of trouble and picked her game up...Serena lost her concentration a little, but was still the better player
Average first set, but great second set for those who are going to watch it

Bijoux0021
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:37 AM
Her serve is on fire :eek: :worship:
Yes indeed! It's great to see her serving so well. Keep it up, Serena.

In The Zone
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:38 AM
:D Serena's serve is perfection, like usually.

But she isn't hitting through the ball. Still spinning a lot. But she fought well. She is scrappy. I want her to have tight matches like this. She is definitely ready for Melbourne. A tough early round there and she's golden. :hearts: :inlove:

serenus_2k8
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:41 AM
:D Serena's serve is perfection, like usually.

But she isn't hitting through the ball. Still spinning a lot. But she fought well. She is scrappy. I want her to have tight matches like this. She is definitely ready for Melbourne. A tough early round there and she's golden. :hearts: :inlove:

Dont jinx her..I dont want her drawing Davenport in the 1st round! :eek: :p

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:42 AM
From the comments in this thread, it seems that Serena played very well, and her serve was excellent. This is surely good news to Serena fans and indication she might be going back to her best form.

Just two questions - how was her fitness, especially in the 2nd set (it seemed quite close)? And did she comment anything about the new surface?

Lefty.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:52 AM
Looks like a good match. :D Congrats Serena! :yeah: Any pics out yet?

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:54 AM
she is like 100% times fitter than last year. lost half her ass actually

she looks great!!!

so she clearly was unfit last year (granted that didnt stop her from killing the competition lol)

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:54 AM
ill have to watch the highlights tomorrow :)

sounds like Serena is in good shape :)
same with Molik-hope she gets back to the top this year

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:56 AM
molik will be a big threat to most of girls at the AO:)

Bijoux0021
Well done Serena :woohoo:

Damn, I'm so mad. I just missed it on TTC. They don't have Hopman Cup listed on the guide, so I didn't know. :mad:
It is not listed on the guide, but I'm sure they'll replay it again tomorrow morning and possibly afternoon.

RenaSlam.
From the comments in this thread, it seems that Serena played very well, and her serve was excellent. This is surely good news to Serena fans and indication she might be going back to her best form.

Just two questions - how was her fitness, especially in the 2nd set (it seemed quite close)? And did she comment anything about the new surface?

She is trim, trim, trim. Especially her lower abs and her ass isn't nearly as erm...pronounced as it was.

She seems to be kind of half-assing with her movement, I suspect that will change once she gets to Melbourne. :drool:

serenus_2k8
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:57 AM

Im also interested to know - seems weird she aint commented !! Maybe shes keeping her cards close to her chest.

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:59 AM
It is not listed on the guide, but I'm sure they'll replay it again tomorrow morning and possibly afternoon.

Thanks but that doesn't do me any good. I can't record everything on TTC tomorrow. :lol:

G1Player2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:59 AM
I didn't see the match. :sad: How did Serena play and move? Please give me an update someone. :angel:

G1Player2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:00 AM
She is trim, trim, trim. Especially her lower abs and her ass isn't nearly as erm...pronounced as it was.

She seems to be kind of half-assing with her movement, I suspect that will change once she gets to Melbourne. :drool:

IS she still muscular though?!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:03 AM
any pics out?

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:05 AM
IS she still muscular though?!

all she is is muscle... lol...

(yes is the answer lol)

Bijoux0021
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:06 AM
...;12212977']molik will be a big threat to most of girls at the AO:)
True. Molik played a lot better in the second set. Her only problem was she didn't come close to breaking Serena's serve, which was too good tonight.

Ben.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:08 AM
...;12212977']molik will be a big threat to most of girls at the AO:)

agree, if she can just make a few little improvements like her court positioning she will prevent mishitting the ball more often and she needs to be agressive when hits a good first serve, which at times she didn't fdo.

but she won one match at the Hopman cup and she pushed mirza & serena very closely so i'm happy.

congrats to serena though, she stepped it up when she needed to & her serve was on fire.

ilovethewilliams
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:08 AM
Serena looks so much thinner

Aaron.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:09 AM
They are showing Golovin Jankovic on starsports

cancelled1
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:10 AM
Go Rena!:D

Harvs
True. Molik played a lot better in the second set. Her only problem was she didn't come close to breaking Serena's serve, which was too good tonight.

yeah was far too good.. serena didnt let alicia have a look on her serve

Harvs
They are showing Golovin Jankovic on starsports

yeah that was a really long match lol:)

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:15 AM
^could go on the whole night?

Bijoux0021
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
I didn't see the match. :sad: How did Serena play and move? Please give me an update someone. :angel:
Serena played great in the first set. She could have won it 6-0 or 6-1 if she didn't make a couple of unforced errors on some key points. Molik put up a good fight in the second set and almost sent it to a third set. Serena's serve was the difference; it was very impressive throughout the match.

As for her movement, it needs improvement.

LindsayRulz
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:28 AM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/7d3a046fa887680754c44473fb6848d6-getty-78622749pk003_hopman_cup_da.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/450cb721a9e186dbcae63f379733241c-getty-78622749pk001_hopman_cup_da.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/3327158c9f9c48897ef1ba944fc75d0d-getty-78622749pk004_hopman_cup_da.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/capt_4ac07e0e5d4243e3a637520a8f5869cb_australia_ho pman_cup_tennis_per105.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/capt_a05024a0e33f41b89c9fb78d3dd951b2_australia_ho pman_cup_tennis_per102.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/capt_87dd3e373ff84ea682bff69b275bd4f3_australia_ho pman_cup_tennis_per104.jpg

Lefty.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:28 AM
any pics out?

Yep. :D

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080103/capt.afec269779c14b3b9987ee68c67e48b1.australia_ho pman_cup_tennis_per101.jpg

Edit: Oops, LindsayRulz already posted some. :lol:

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:29 AM
After the Fish match, they are going to show the mixed dubs with Mardy/Serena playing Australia on TTC.

Fan_of_Venus
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:30 AM
Great Job Rena!

Bijoux0021
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:33 AM
After the Fish match, they are going to show the mixed dubs with Mardy/Serena playing Australia on TTC.
Yep. I'm looking forward to the mixed doubles. It should be exciting.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:39 AM
ty both for the pics

serenafann
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:41 AM
A few thoughts from the Hopman Cup match:First of all,great match Serena you definitely look fitter your serve was amazing.Congrats.
Great fight back in the second Molik,that was impressive.

Martina Navratilova,you have obviously been taking lessons at the Carrillo school of biased commentary,the what to do to beat Serena,show disappointment and upset when her opponent's loses a point-school.Plus add in your over analytical negativity and it all makes me find you truly truly horrible to listen to.At least the rotten Carrillo takes a breath and shuts up sometime. You rarely do.

Thank You,Fred Stolle for Constantly giving Serena her due as a great champion complimenting her and giving her Hall Of Fame game and ability it's warranted respect,even though her opponent was a fellow Aussie.You are a class act,other commentators should take notes.

And last of all DAMN, Mardy Fish Has a beautiful Sistah as a Fiancee[who knew,lol,well I didn't],good for you man.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:44 AM
A strong start then a hard fought ending for Serena :bounce:.

Better luck at the Open Alicia :kiss:.

Nico_E
She's still fat

and the top is awful, it looks like sweat

G1Player2
A few thoughts from the Hopman Cup match:First of all,great match Serena you definitely look fitter your serve was amazing.Congrats.
Great fight back in the second Molik,that was impressive.

Martina Navratilova,you have obviously been taking lessons at the Carrillo school of biased commentary,the what to do to beat Serena,show disappointment and upset when her opponent's loses a point-school.Plus add in your over analytical negativity and it all makes me find you truly truly horrible to listen to.At least the rotten Carrillo takes a breath and shuts up sometime. You rarely do.

Thank You,Fred Stolle for Constantly giving Serena her due as a great champion complimenting her and giving her Hall Of Fame game and ability it's warranted respect,even though her opponent was a fellow Aussie.You are a class act,other commentators should take notes.

And last of all DAMN, Mardy Fish Has a beautiful Sistah as Fiancee[who knew,lol,well I didn't],good for you man.

Really? :eek:

G1Player2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:46 AM
It's so fun surf the threads at night when Serena is playing well and looking fit and hungry. :yeah:

doni1212
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:47 AM
I didn't know that either. I just assumed his fiancee was white. I heard she was a deal or no deal model.

Bijoux0021
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:48 AM
Serena looks so much thinner
She does look thinner. It's great to see the changes she has made so far. There were lots of fat jokes regarding her weight in 2006 and 2007. I don't think we're going to hear them in 2008.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:50 AM
She does look thinner. It's great to see the changes she has made so far. There were lots of fat jokes regarding her weight in 2006 and 2007. I don't think we're going to hear them in 2008.

don't kid yourself...until rena looks like dani she will always be fat

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:51 AM

I've been meaning to mention that the Australian commentators are the best tennis commentators I've ever had the pleasure of listening to during a tennis match. I wish we could have them here in the states all of the time. I was listening to them on TTC during a replay of Vee and Serena's '03 AO final and it was so refreshing. It was like night and day between them and Carillo and Pam. I swear if I hadn't seen the match, I would have sworn they were two different matches. No catty remarks, no negative commentary (only constructive and instructive criticism) and no redundant player histories ad nauseum, just tennis and the match at hand. You guys in Australia are very lucky.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:54 AM
i know....when i listened to the AO semi for 05 the aussie commentator with martina was so great....made great comments about both players...btw great quote in your siggy denise LOL wonder where it came from

G1Player2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
I've been meaning to mention that the Australian commentators are the best tennis commentators I've ever had the pleasure of listening to during a tennis match. I wish we could have them here in the states all of the time. I was listening to them on TTC during a replay of Vee and Serena's '03 AO final and it was so refreshing. It was like night and day between them and Carillo and Pam. I swear if I hadn't seen the match, I would have sworn they were two different matches. No catty remarks, no negative commentary (only constructive and instructive criticism) and no redundant player histories ad nauseum, just tennis and the match at hand. You guys in Australia are very lucky.

:lol: Yeah, I like the Austrailian commentators too. The Eurosports commentators aren't that bad either. But Austrailia also has Martina Navratilova commentating as well. :rolleyes: I can't even stand the sound of her voice and her biased babble against Venus and Serena. Besides that, she is always putting herself on pedestal and talks about how she would beat Venus and Serena if she were to play today. She knows tennis and everything but sometimes she has no idea what she is talking about and I have to put the TV on mute because of her.

G1Player2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:56 AM
i know....when i listened to the AO semi for 05 the aussie commentator with martina was so great....made great comments about both players...btw great quote in your siggy denise LOL wonder where it came from

I was about to mention that in my post about Martina commentating on the 2005 AO SF. I will admit, her commentary was great that day. It was very objective but I sensed that she didn't really like Maria at the time. :shrug:

Bijoux0021
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:58 AM
She's still fat

:lol:

Serena is NOT fat.

So she's not supposed to sweat? She's playing a very competitive sport, which is required lots of running back and forth for a long period of time in humid conditions.

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:59 AM

;)

serenafann
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:01 AM

Denise4925,that was my exact experience I watched the AO final 03 with V&S. Stolle was calling it and I was pleasantly suprised they showed so much respect to both it was truly like Night and Day.

Bijoux0021
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:02 AM
don't kid yourself...until rena looks like dani she will always be fat
You're so right. I spoke too soon. This poster, NICO_E, has already called her fat.

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:02 AM
:lol: Yeah, I like the Austrailian commentators too. The Eurosports commentators aren't that bad either. But Austrailia also has Martina Navratilova commentating as well. :rolleyes: I can't even stand the sound of her voice and her biased babble against Venus and Serena. Besides that, she is always putting herself on pedestal and talks about how she would beat Venus and Serena if she were to play today. She knows tennis and everything but sometimes she has no idea what she is talking about and I have to put the TV on mute because of her.

Oh she is? :rolleyes: Oh my God, I dread having to listen to her on the dubs match. Hopefully, they'll have someone else. Everything is all about Martina, all of the time. I'll never forget that time she was interviewing Vee and asked her if she looked up to her when she was playing and Vee said no. :o This is the reason she found it so hard to give up tennis. It was her only spotlight and she couldn't stand that she was no longer in it. How sad!

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:05 AM

Serena is NOT fat.

So she's not supposed to sweat? She's playing a very competitive sport, which is required lots of running back and forth for a long period of time in humid conditions.

Bijoux, ignore him. It's a troll. He makes negative/nasty comments to get a rise out of Williams fans.

Lefty.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:08 AM
Some more :)

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080103/capt.54a93ff34af042ddbff106e8f100ea41.australia_ho pman_cup_tennis_per106.jpg
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/c2/fullj.18c455e0b362d51670bfae84c50831d5/18c455e0b362d51670bfae84c50831d5-getty-78622749pk022_hopman_cup_da.jpg
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/92/fullj.b4400d2a97ae7dd3d9ecf774a89f7e49/b4400d2a97ae7dd3d9ecf774a89f7e49-getty-78622749pk017_hopman_cup_da.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080103/capt.9e65a126428c46a7b919f344318d9278.australia_ho pman_cup_tennis_per108.jpg

doni1212
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:09 AM
Oh she is? :rolleyes: Oh my God, I dread having to listen to her on the dubs match. Hopefully, they'll have someone else. Everything is all about Martina, all of the time. I'll never forget that time she was interviewing Vee and asked her if she looked up to her when she was playing and Vee said no. :o This is the reason she found it so hard to give up tennis. It was her only spotlight and she couldn't stand that she was no longer in it. How sad!

Wait Denise, Martina asked Venus if she looked up to her (Martina) and Venus told her "no" to her face? :lol:

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:11 AM
Wait Denise, Martina asked Venus if she looked up to her (Martina) and Venus told her "no" to her face? :lol:

Yes :lol:

G1Player2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:11 AM

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/tennisfan1981/PICT0007.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/tennisfan1981/PICT0006.jpg

Remember this right after Venus won Wimbledon? :lol: :spit:

Bitch was filled with anger, jealousy and envy.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:12 AM
vee said no?? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! shame omg!!! LMAO!!!!! :haha:

Denise4925

:haha: Yes, I fell out laughing when I saw her that day. Look up the word "disappointment" in the dictionary and that picture is right next to it. :p

Bijoux0021
:worship::worship::worship:

DITTO!

G1Player2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
:haha: Yes, I fell out laughing when I saw her that day. Look up the word "disappointment" in the dictionary and that picture is right next to it. :p

Navratilova is bad but Chris Evert is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH worse.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
Some more :)

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080103/capt.54a93ff34af042ddbff106e8f100ea41.australia_ho pman_cup_tennis_per106.jpg
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/c2/fullj.18c455e0b362d51670bfae84c50831d5/18c455e0b362d51670bfae84c50831d5-getty-78622749pk022_hopman_cup_da.jpg
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/92/fullj.b4400d2a97ae7dd3d9ecf774a89f7e49/b4400d2a97ae7dd3d9ecf774a89f7e49-getty-78622749pk017_hopman_cup_da.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080103/capt.9e65a126428c46a7b919f344318d9278.australia_ho pman_cup_tennis_per108.jpg

i wish my legs looked like hers :sad:

ty for the pics lol

doni1212
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:14 AM
Yes :lol:

:haha: That is sooooo funny.

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:15 AM
i wish my legs looked like hers :sad:

ty for the pics lol

Doesn't she have great legs. :drool:

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:19 AM
LMAO :haha: That guy doing the color commentary on the Fish match could hardly contain himself on that passing shot by the Aussie.

Nico_E
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:21 AM
Bijoux, ignore him. It's a troll. He makes negative/nasty comments to get a rise out of Williams fans.Having an opinion of a player means its a troll on this site? pfft .. more like obsessive mad fans who cannot accept anything said of their faves unless its to slobber allover them :rolleyes:
just look at the nasty way you fans are talking about Navratilova - who is a true legend of the game and has more acchieved than the Williams combined will ever do ... and why? because you dont like that she isnt fawning all over Williams in the commentary booth

jealous of Venus winning her Wimby title? oh yes ... she was thinking 'ah 4 titles, only 5 behind me now'

utter idiots

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:25 AM
are you having fun?? don't get too excited too quickly...you might have a premature e.....

serenafan08
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:25 AM
Great win Serena! She looks to be rounding into great shape for the Aussie Open. Win it all now! :bounce: :yeah:

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:27 AM
Great win Serena! She looks to be rounding into great shape for the Aussie Open. Win it all now! :bounce: :yeah:

I can't wait to see her play mixed dubs next. The mens match is in a second set tie break. Hopefully Mardy can pull it off.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:28 AM
he better has...can't take serena working her ass off then him being tired for their doubles...hurry and win mardy!!

serenafan08
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
I can't wait to see her play mixed dubs next. The mens match is in a second set tie break. Hopefully Mardy can pull it off.

What's the score!?? I hope Mardy wins it!

Nico_E
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:31 AM
are you having fun?? don't get too excited too quickly...you might have a premature e.....Dont worry, i'll save my true excitement for the first week of the AO when lard ass gets bombed out by a journeywomen

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:31 AM
What's the score!?? I hope Mardy wins it!

7-6 6-6(4-6) Set point for Aust.

-VSR-
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:33 AM
Dont worry, i'll save my true excitement for the first week of the AO when lard ass gets bombed out by a journeywomen

You're playing the Australian Open???

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:33 AM
omg luczak just had easy macthpoint and it sailed wide

ew

he should have won this set already

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:34 AM
set points luczak again:)

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:35 AM
Is that a zit on Mardy's forehead?

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:35 AM
yeah i think it is... its fowl... lol so big

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:37 AM
...;12213369']yeah i think it is... its fowl... lol so big

:lol: It is and it's red and looks like it's ready to explode. I didn't know Mardy served so well. I'm impressed.

Harvs
2 aces from the yank

Harvs
yeah hes serving great!!!

10-10!

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:38 AM
omg ew

luczak deserved that set... what crap

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:40 AM
Mixed doubles next :banana:

G1Player2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:41 AM
Mixed doubles next :banana:

Tell me how Serena looks please. :)

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:44 AM
Tell me how Serena looks please. :)

Awww, you don't have TTC?

Bijoux0021
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:44 AM
Bijoux, ignore him. It's a troll. He makes negative/nasty comments to get a rise out of Williams fans.
Anyone who is petty enough to whine about Serena's sweating while playing a sport deserves to be ignored. All athletes sweat. That poster definitely has other issues.

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:45 AM
Anyone who is petty enough to whine about Serena's sweating while playing a sport deserves to be ignored. All athletes sweat. That poster definitely has other issues.

He's not even worth discussing.

-VSR-
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:45 AM
I don't have it either. :mad:

I'm hoping that someone puts it onto youtube or I can catch it on livestream at some point.

But, please, Denise do tell us how you think her game is compared to last year. :)

G1Player2
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:46 AM
Awww, you don't have TTC?

I'm having problens with Comcast at the moment. :mad:

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:46 AM
I don't have it either. :mad:

I'm hoping that someone puts it onto youtube or I can catch it on livestream at some point.

But, please, Denise do tell us how you think her game is compared to last year. :)

I will, sweetie. But, mixed doubles will be a lot different than her singles play.

b_o_r
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:50 AM
They are showing the last set of the Lucie vs Serena match.

Bijoux0021
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:51 AM
He's not even worth discussing.
TRUE!

Nico_E
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:04 AM
Anyone who is petty enough to whine about Serena's sweating while playing a sport deserves to be ignored. All athletes sweat. That poster definitely has other issues.what? i said the top that she is wearing .. has a design that made it look like she was sweating and its horrible looking because of that

try and read :lol

He's not even worth discussing.then stop discussing me then idiot :retard:

Huntress555
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:23 AM
It sucked Peter lost, but I love the doubles matches! should be good!

I dont think what Serena wore in her singles was that bad, but I dont get why she'd want to wear a long sleeved top in the heat, that'd make it worse! I guess shes use to playing in those conditions though.

aussie_fan
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:27 AM
Ok effort from alicia, first set was awful but second was a good effort, really hanged tough with serena who was serving very well today.

Keadz
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:40 AM
Well that was a depressing rubber, the doubles match was cringe-worthy. Happy with Alicia's performance in the 2nd set, she should be playing like that the whole match. Also, maybe take some spin of the forehand, I don't remember it having so much topspin. But her backhand is still crap, she should have hit more slices with it.

Bad luck to Peter, he had a great week with some good matches against quality opponents.

Destiny
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:59 AM
Come on Serena you rock

dorotek23
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:12 AM
Alicia, closer than expected :hug:

xr6turbo
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:50 AM
I just got back from the USA vs. AUS session..:D Was so awesome, had the best seats! Serena really is looking great, her body looks so fit up close and she hit some really great shots today.:) I got a few photos and videos which i'll try to put up later, i took them on my phone so they might be a bit dodgey haha.

The doubles was hilarious, Serena was skipping around and laughing hysterically all the time They look like they are having a really good time out there.. Hope they can win tomorrow night

P.S. As i was walking in at the start of the session, Jankovic walked right past me with a huge ice pack taped to her ass :haha:I tried to get a pic, but she went into the tournament office. Hope she is ok for her matches tonight.

miss_molik
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:00 AM
Bad Luck lish :sad: you fought hard in the second set, but serena was just too good. She's got to cut down those UEs! There's just so many wild hits, its stupid.

TatiNovic
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:16 AM
Good win Serena

*W*
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
congratsssssssssss i love ya SERENA:) :hearts:

Jenny.C.Fan
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:14 AM
Good effort leesha :)

rada
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
jelena vs gisela 76 00 come on jelena show down with serena :)

NeeemZ
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
Alicia was playing great in the second set. Serena was playing quite well as well throughout the match and did very well not to even bring a service game to deuce at all.

frontier
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
I've been meaning to mention that the Australian commentators are the best tennis commentators I've ever had the pleasure of listening to during a tennis match. I wish we could have them here in the states all of the time. I was listening to them on TTC during a replay of Vee and Serena's '03 AO final and it was so refreshing. It was like night and day between them and Carillo and Pam. I swear if I hadn't seen the match, I would have sworn they were two different matches. No catty remarks, no negative commentary (only constructive and instructive criticism) and no redundant player histories ad nauseum, just tennis and the match at hand. You guys in Australia are very lucky.I agree with you,the Australians are professional and objective.In Canada the French Open was being covered by the Aussies it was so nice to hear commentary that is strictly about tennis no bitching.

Tennisaddict
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
:bounce:

The Dawntreader
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
I get the feeling that Serena's trying to work up to her best form here. Defintely showing much better play than against Safarova. Forehand looking so much better:)

It's great to see her looking so fit though, i agree with some of the posters, looks like her 03 shape!:D

Mina Vagante
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
Great job Serena :bigclap::yeah:

I still can't get over hoe thin and fit she looks compared to last year;)

Now... let's win the final :bounce:

Slutiana
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Yay.

ChampLindsay
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
well done Serena:hearts:

Demska
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Molik was clearly injured.

Slutiana
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM

:awww:

Matt01
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
I really like Serena's outfit. :)

Uh, shut up already. You are posting :bs: as always.

Nemo_Kool
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:40 AM
Woo Vee and ree winning has made me day!!!!

Craigy
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:55 AM
She's still fat

Oh how nice. Calling a woman fat. :yeah:

Huntress555
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:00 PM

It wasn't ever really a look of discomfort on her face from physical pain, more like mental.:lol: She just looked frustrated and down, but she did come back in the second set and that changed completely, so I doubt it was an injury.

esquímaux
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Spot on Denise!!! I don't know who she was, but the female Australian commentator during the Serena/Vaidisova match at last year's AO was great to listen to!!

Pureracket
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
It wasn't ever really a look of discomfort on her face from physical pain, more like mental.:lol: She just looked frustrated and down, but she did come back in the second set and that changed completely, so I doubt it was an injury.Do you really think that racist poster even paid attention to the match.
I was rooting for Serena, but I wanted a good match. I was disappointed in the 1st set; however, Molik kinda showed more of her potential in the 2nd set. She should do some serious damage in Australia for people who aren't prepared for her. Her serve is incredible.:eek:

volta
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
tough 2nset from the looks of it i wish i could have seen it but oh well Serena better be agressive. woot grats rena :hearts:

Huntress555
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Do you really think that racist poster even paid attention to the match.
I was rooting for Serena, but I wanted a good match. I was disappointed in the 1st set; however, Molik kinda showed more of her potential in the 2nd set. She should do some serious damage in Australia for people who aren't prepared for her. Her serve is incredible.:eek:

I dont know anything about that poster, so I have no idea, I was just replying :lol:

Molik does have a great serve, but its not nearly as effective as it use to be. :( If she can get her serve and backhand back then who knows. She has to work really hard. But I'm sure she is up to it!

Pureracket
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
I dont know anything about that poster, so I have no idea, I was just replying :lol:

Molik does have a great serve, but its not nearly as effective as it use to be. :( If she can get her serve and backhand back then who knows. She has to work really hard. But I'm sure she is up to it!I've seen her backhand look better than it did. She lacked a little prep time with her backswing which comes from playing and establishing her rhythm. You really think her serve used to be better than it is now? It looked pretty good against Serena. LOL!

Huntress555
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
I've seen her backhand look better than it did. She lacked a little prep time with her backswing which comes from playing and establishing her rhythm. You really think her serve used to be better than it is now? It looked pretty good against Serena. LOL!

Yeah I do. I mean dont get me wrong she has hit some damn good serves, but not as often and effective as she use to when she was at her top form and her highest rank. But its still a great serve if only she would get more first serves in, I think thats more what it is atm.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:50 PM
You're playing the Australian Open???

LMAO!!!!!!

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:57 PM
Do you really think that racist poster even paid attention to the match.

Molik was not injured. She played a good second set. I finally saw it this morning. Last night after the mixed dubs match, she said that she was a little tight against Serena in the first set and didn't really get into the groove until the second set. She said that was something she had to work on, i.e. being loose from the start of the match and coming out strong. Her serve is just :eek: wow. She gave Mardy fits last night in the mixed dubs match :lol:

Anyway, Serena is looking really fit and her groundstrokes are so much better than they were at the US Open last year. Her serve is superb as always and her errors were way down. She just had controlled aggression and upped her game in the second set tie break when she had to. She was never in danger in either set of being broken. I believe her first serve percentage was in the 70's even in the second set. Alicia played very well in the second set, but Serena was just better at taking advantage of her opportunities. Alicia did have a few too many errors, but it was a matter of her balls just being out. Also, there were quite a few forced errors that she couldn't do anything about.

I thought in the second set it was a good match.

The mixed doubles match last night was fun. They all looked like they were having a good time.

Destiny
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
great to hear so happy ^^^^

50Sense
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
Molik is definitely one of the most likeable players on tour.

Denise4925
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:15 PM
Molik is definitely one of the most likeable players on tour.

She is. I really like her a lot.

Nico_E
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Serena fans are just like the Williams themselves ..

"i like her alot, she's great bla bla" - when the player has lost

"she is lucky, she is a bitch, she hasnt won as many titles as me, they play their best against me and get lucky" - any time the player beats Williams

starin
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:40 AM
does anyone have this match or the mixed doubles match?