PDA

View Full Version : Misa Krajicek withdraws from Hobart..

grmbl
Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:58 AM
It's pretty smart to play the Dutch Masters with a wristinjury...:rolleyes:

kittyking
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:04 AM
:hug:

.Andrew.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
She shouldve withdrawn in the first place from Auckland.
Misa :hug:

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:12 AM
:fiery:

serenus_2k8
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:14 AM
Get well soon!

Wiggly
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:14 AM
That Auckland's gu tought she faked the injury against Errani.:tape:

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:21 AM
That Auckland's gu tought she faked the injury against Errani.:tape:

Faked it? :scratch: She's been injured since the start of December!

kittyking
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:32 AM
Shes got a doubles quarterfinal match next on Centre Court, is she still going to be playing in that?

grmbl
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:37 AM
no

switz
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:56 AM
Faked it? :scratch: She's been injured since the start of December!

i'm not at all suggesting she isn't injured but why has she played so many unimportant tournaments if it's affecting her so much? If she can't hit a double handed backhand without pain you would think would need time off the court.

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:11 AM
i'm not at all suggesting she isn't injured but why has she played so many unimportant tournaments if it's affecting her so much? If she can't hit a double handed backhand without pain you would think would need time off the court.

She thought her wrist was getting better - she rested it over Christmas, and obviously she thought it was ok. Besides, she entered these "unimportant tournaments" before her wrist was injured anyway.

Ben.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Misa :sad: hope she is okay :hug:

switz
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:16 AM
She thought her wrist was getting better - she rested it over Christmas, and obviously she thought it was ok. Besides, she entered these "unimportant tournaments" before her wrist was injured anyway.

yeah but players are allowed to withdraw from tournaments. i mean unimportant in the context of the Australian Open. it's never great going into a slam injured and given her results of late it must be a big concern. i won't try to argue about it though since i'm sure your upset she's withdrawn from Hobart.

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:20 AM
yeah but players are allowed to withdraw from tournaments. i mean unimportant in the context of the Australian Open. it's never great going into a slam injured and given her results of late it must be a big concern. i won't try to argue about it though since i'm sure your upset she's withdrawn from Hobart.

What results of late? She's only been injured during Dutch masters...where she lost in the final to Reinhard (which may not have been smart to play), and now in Auckland. But in training her wrist wasn't SO bad that she couldn't train or something. :( That's why I don't get why people are saying "her results of late". She's played one tourney for the year... :scratch:

switz
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:29 AM
What results of late? She's only been injured during Dutch masters...where she lost in the final to Reinhard (which may not have been smart to play), and now in Auckland. But in training her wrist wasn't SO bad that she couldn't train or something. :( That's why I don't get why people are saying "her results of late". She's played one tourney for the year... :scratch:

i'm sure you'll find some positive spin but to me her year after Wimbledon was pretty damn disappointing given her only decent wins were over an out of form Bondarenko and Mirza with 4 losses to players ranked below 100. So all i'm saying is i would have thought being healthy is important because she needs to get some good wins under her belt early in the year.

Not trying to start anything though. Just hope things are being managed properly for her sake.

Mattographer
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:32 AM
:fiery:
:hug:

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:31 AM
i'm sure you'll find some positive spin but to me her year after Wimbledon was pretty damn disappointing given her only decent wins were over an out of form Bondarenko and Mirza with 4 losses to players ranked below 100. So all i'm saying is i would have thought being healthy is important because she needs to get some good wins under her belt early in the year.

Not trying to start anything though. Just hope things are being managed properly for her sake.

Fair enough - that's your opinion. :)

Elwin.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:26 AM
Misa :sad: :hug:

Rik.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Misa good she withdraws if she is injured :sad:
Really smart to play the Dutch Masters :weirdo:

anon57
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:05 AM
Hope the additional rest will give her wrist a chance to heal properly and she'll be able to play pain-free again by the time the AO start.And if not that she'll make the smart decision and skip the AO, if her wrist still hasn't properly healed. A lingering wrist injury can cause a lot of problems.