PDA

View Full Version : Knee Problem

Linnie
Jul 24th, 2002, 01:33 AM
Mauresmo will have to pass a IRM for a cyst to the knee

MONACO (Reuters) - Amélie Mauresmo, which suffers from a pain to the knee, will have to pass a IRM (imagery by magnetic resonance) because of a cyst to the right meniscus, declared the number one of French tennis with Reuters.

The player went to Monaco to be auscultated there by the kinesitherapist and the doctor of the club of football Monegasque, Michel Franco and Eric Buracchi.

She said herself "worries", although the pain is not very significant.

Mauresmo added that that did not call into question, for the moment, its program. It must normally leave on August 8 to the United States to dispute several tournaments there.

:eek: Fingers crossed that it's not serious :sad:

griffin
Jul 24th, 2002, 02:52 PM
ohm

Linnie
Jul 24th, 2002, 04:55 PM
If all these candles don't help, I don't know what will :angel:

From Sport24, another item:

24/07 10:23 - Tennis, Actu

"Anxious" Mauresmo

The Frenchwoman, beaten by Daniela Huntachova last weekend in FedCup, suffers from a pain to the knee.

Amélie Mauresmo took the direction of Monaco in order to consult kiné and the doctor of the ASM. It should pass a IRM with an aim of evaluating a cyst with the right meniscus. Questioned on Europe 1 , Mauresmo stated to be somewhat " anxious " but specified that that would not change her program, she will fly away for the United States on August 8 to dispute a series of tournaments.

:)

Lapin
Jul 24th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the further update Linnie!

Get well soon Amélie!

galadriel
Jul 25th, 2002, 02:46 PM
GET WELL SOON,MOMO:kiss:

Bероника
Jul 27th, 2002, 11:31 AM
OMG,I hope it's not serious.

Linnie
Jul 30th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Thanks to Hinconute on the official website:

In L'Equipe of today:

Mauresmo reassured

A few days after the defeat of France vis-a-vis Slovakia in Fed Cup, one had learned that in Amélie Mauresmo was made concern because of a cyst on the level of right meniscus (L'Equipe of July 24), the examinations (MRI) which she passed thereafter to Monaco were completely reassuring "According to her doctor, there is nothing low register, explains her coach Loic Courteau. The cyst in east question can be there for a long time and obstructs her only in the event of large tiredness. Amélie took again the drive. One makes musculation while simply avoiding working in "pliometry" (significant inflections)".
As it had envisaged number 1 Frenchwoman will take again the competition with the tournament of Montreal which begins on August 11.

:D

YSL
Jul 30th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Excellent news! Let's all hope she fares well forthcoming tournaments :D

Oh, any UK people know what channels are showing any tennis matches (spesh the US Open)? Any help would be most appreciated :)

*Izzy*
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Great news :D

YSL- Eurosport have most of the tennis coverage in the UK, but during the USO they have to share it with Sky Sports. And the BBC will get USO final coverage, but basically nothing else.

I'm not sure of Eurosport's schedule over the coming months, but I'm hoping they'll get coverage of Montreal. pleasepleaseplease;)

Hope that helped.

YSL
Jul 31st, 2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by *Izzy*
Great news :D

YSL- Eurosport have most of the tennis coverage in the UK, but during the USO they have to share it with Sky Sports. And the BBC will get USO final coverage, but basically nothing else.

dang... Just as well the nice man from S** Digital is coming to install it to my house next week then! :D

I'm not sure of Eurosport's schedule over the coming months, but I'm hoping they'll get coverage of Montreal. pleasepleaseplease;)

Hope that helped. [/B]

It most certainly has! Just checked my listings for Eurosport UK and they *ARE* due to show coverage of Montreal starting 12th August \o/

Now it's my turn to say that I hope that helped :)

*Izzy*
Jul 31st, 2002, 02:26 AM
It certainly did help, cheers- I'm happy now.:D

You didn't happen to have ITV Digital before they went bust, did you? I missed half the decent matches of last year's USO because of the Sky sharing thing, as I didn't have sky sports. :(

But, more tennis on Eurosport means more Annabel Croft :p (Nooooo!)

Lapin
Jul 31st, 2002, 02:55 PM
Hi YSL and Izzy! Just wondered if you had come across this thread about the T. V. listings:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32770

Personally I'm so glad the U. S Open is still on Sky Sports as we will get a choice of matches, rather than mens' all the time! :)

And even better news is that Amélie's knee doesn't sound too serious now, fingers crossed. :D Thanks Linnie for the L'Equipe article!

*Izzy*
Jul 31st, 2002, 06:58 PM
Thanks Lapin! Looks like I missed that one :o

That's great about being able to choose matches on Sky- I only got Sky installed just before the French Open this year, so I was able to watch Wimby with the multiple matches. Which meant less of having to watch Henman while Amelie was playing. :D

YSL
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I had I** Digital before it went belly up.. However, I was too busy during last year's USO to watch any matches *hangs head in shame*

Thanks Lapin for the link.. Yeah I missed it too. :o And well, anything that means that I can watch Wimbles without seeing (Toy) "Tiger" Tim play is a blessing in my books :p