PDA

View Full Version : I will umpire my first professional tournament!

dinu
Dec 29th, 2007, 03:25 PM
It will be Cavtat Open (Women's 10000)in march/april next year. I got info yesterday and I'm so excited about that. I just hope Mihaela Testiban will not be the ITF supervisor because she's crazy.

Ksenia.
Dec 29th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Congrats :)

kolan
Dec 29th, 2007, 03:40 PM
congratulations. thats great :D

daniela86
Dec 29th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Congrats :D :yeah:

Natalicious
Dec 29th, 2007, 04:06 PM
:yeah: congrats

schorsch
Dec 29th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Congrats :) Hope ya'll do a great job!

tenn_ace
Dec 29th, 2007, 04:14 PM
are you going to chair matches or call the lines?

St.Sebastian
Dec 29th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Aren't you the big troll from a few years ago :scared: ??

dinu
Dec 29th, 2007, 04:22 PM
are you going to chair matches or call the lines?

Chair, maybe line for semis and final.

justine schnyder
Dec 29th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Good luck!! :)

Helaena
Dec 29th, 2007, 06:04 PM
wow that's great! congrats!:)

saniapower
Dec 29th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Wow! Congrats :yeah:

FFS
Dec 29th, 2007, 06:54 PM
An advice, don't write on a forum your opinions about officials and supervisors. You never know who is reading it ;)

Good luck anyway for your tournament

.Andrew.
Dec 29th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Congrats! :yeah:
Have a good time and good luck. Try not to make any bad calls. :p ;)

Willam
Dec 29th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Hope you can do a flawless work

Kampi
Dec 29th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Very nice...congrats:wavey::)

Dodoboy.
Dec 29th, 2007, 07:05 PM
if i see one more post with congrats(cept mine)...i think i wil implode!
anywayz congratULATIONS!!! haha

thenj
Dec 29th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Congrats!

*waits for the implosion*

Karolina_Sprem
Dec 29th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Cestitke countrymate....:worship::worship:

dinu
Dec 30th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I deserved that with good umpiring at the national tournaments and croatian tennis league. I umpired 60 matches. I really enjoy in umpiring and I can stay concentrate for 3 hours if is necesseary. I hope to do good job at cavtat open and maybe umpire men's futures in summer. All umpires starts with women's proffesional tournaments and then with men's.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Dec 30th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I'm so happy for you , that's great ,

Bart
Dec 30th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Aren't you the big troll from a few years ago :scared: ??

You mean Mario aka Zdenek aka Cro-boy? :lol:

.:sk:.
Dec 30th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Congrats!

Have fun :D

Dodoboy.
Dec 30th, 2007, 02:12 PM
*implode*

dinu
Dec 30th, 2007, 07:46 PM
You mean Mario aka Zdenek aka Cro-boy? :lol:

:lol:

I'm the umpire and you are just a fan!;)

Bart
Dec 30th, 2007, 09:59 PM
:lol:

I'm the umpire and you are just a fan!;)

So you ARE Mario (or should I say Mišo).

You can have it, really.

btw, why did you create another account?

dinu
Dec 30th, 2007, 10:15 PM
So you ARE Mario (or should I say Mišo).

You can have it, really.

btw, why did you create another account?

I have this account from 2004. and I lost my past account!

Dav.
Dec 30th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Good luck!

I hope you have fun and get to continue being an umpire in other, bigger tournaments in the future. :)

dinu
Dec 30th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Good luck!

I hope you have fun and get to continue being an umpire in other, bigger tournaments in the future. :)

I hope to pass ITF school in a few years and become an ITF official

dinu
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I got sick from a player few days ago. He protested and complained all the time and thats very iritating for the umpire. I warned him first with soft warning and then with code violation, he keeped his behaviour and I wanted to say to him shut up but I may not say something like that. Luckily his opponent was quite and won.

azza
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Ohh how do u becoome and umpire? and linesperson etc etc?

dinu
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Hope you can do a flawless work

I was evaluated good by the referee and he said me that player is really unfair.

dinu
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Ohh how do u becoome and umpire? and linesperson etc etc?

I passed umpires exam last year and with that exam I can work as the chair umpire or linesman. I will attend referees course when I collect 200 matches in he chair, and I umpired 70.

dya74
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:48 AM
han good luck for the next 130 matches and collect only good evaluations!

dinu
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:55 AM
han good luck for the next 130 matches and collect only good evaluations!

thanks. I was tight during the first matches I umpired and I wanted the match would be finished quickly. I don't care for match duration now.

dya74
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Ehi, as a fan ( you’re the umpire, right?:devil:) I wanna see very long matches!

dinu
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Ehi, as a fan ( you’re the umpire, right?:devil:) I wanna see very long matches!

I don't care now if I have to stay 3 hours or just 1 hour. I umpired 4 matches in a day nad was in the chair 7 hours.

TatiNovic
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Congrats
good luck

dinu
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:22 PM
An advice, don't write on a forum your opinions about officials and supervisors. You never know who is reading it ;)

Good luck anyway for your tournament

I don't put my real name in public. and none knows me in the ITF. They can't do anything bad to me becase I'm just national umpire and not ITF official.

dinu
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I umpired 3 days in a row at the national championships U14. I was 7 hours in the chair yesterday but just 2 hours today. I will be a linesman for the final tomorrow. A father of a player insulted to my mate complained about some calls and She is bronze badge chair umpire. Poor people should become the umpires because you get food, drinks and money.

Shoulderpova
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM
dinu, congrats and i think you must have been enjoying your job very much ;)
which subject i need to study to become an umpire or a linesman? Did you have to graduate from a university or you just needed to attend some specific courses? Iam really confused.

dinu
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:47 PM
dinu, congrats and i think you must have been enjoying your job very much ;)
which subject i need to study to become an umpire or a linesman? Did you have to graduate from a university or you just needed to attend some specific courses? Iam really confused.

You don't need any studies for that. You just have to finish umpires course in 3 days and pass an exam. You must be at least 16 years old to attend umpires course. In Croatia you have no practical part of exam but
somewhere you have.

AIRJORDANRETURNS
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM
dinu are umpires allowed to have affairs with tennis players? :bounce: :confused:

dinu
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:53 PM
dinu are umpires allowed to have affairs with tennis players? :bounce: :confused:

If you have any relation with a player (coach, relative, family members, etc.) you must declare it to the national association or the ITF and you may not umpire to that player in the chair or line. You must declare if you work for the company with comercial interest in tennis you must declare too. THe umpires know players because many of umpires are players or former players so IF you drink a coffee with a player thats not forbidden.

AIRJORDANRETURNS
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:57 PM
If you have any relation with a player (coach, relative, family members, etc.) you must declare it to the national association or the ITF. You must declare if you work for the company with comercial interest in tennis you must declare too. THe umpires know players because many of umpires are players or former players so IF you drink a coffee with a player thats not forbidden.

very intvusting :D

dinu
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I had a problems with a father of a player at last year U13 masters because He insulted me about some calls on the baseline. At kids&juniors tournaments the parents are the biggest problem because they should be very rude and some of them insults to umpires.

AIRJORDANRETURNS
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Yeah compared to other sports tennis is a silent type of sport so the crowd/parents misbehaving can't he hidden, whereas when i've played basketball over the years its hard to hear what the parents/crowds were saying :p

kittyking
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:56 AM
No vbetting for you then :p

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I had a problems with a father of a player at last year U13 masters because He insulted me about some calls on the baseline. At kids&juniors tournaments the parents are the biggest problem because they should be very rude and some of them insults to umpires.

no surpises there :lol:

well i'm glad you enjoy what you are doing :D i had interests in becoming a chair umpire as well too but now I want to do sports management, something in tennis :)

dinu
Jan 8th, 2008, 02:51 PM
no surpises there :lol:

well i'm glad you enjoy what you are doing :D i had interests in becoming a chair umpire as well too but now I want to do sports management, something in tennis :)

You can do both things. Sports management as a job and umpiring as a hobby.

dinu
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:35 AM
I will umpire at Zagreb Indoors. It's not sure Zagreb Indoors will be hell because there is a problem with a hall. Handball club has reserved hall in that time for their champions league matches

AIRJORDANRETURNS
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:55 PM
^^^ sounds like one hell of a hall! :bolt: :drive: :dog:

Bart
Jan 12th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I got sick from a player few days ago. He protested and complained all the time and thats very iritating for the umpire. I warned him first with soft warning and then with code violation, he keeped his behaviour and I wanted to say to him shut up but I may not say something like that. Luckily his opponent was quite and won.

When a player gets mad next time, I hope s/he hits a ball right into your face as hard as possible.:D

AIRJORDANRETURNS
Jan 12th, 2008, 12:38 PM
:mad: looks like someone needs some anger "management" :wavey:

dinu
Jan 15th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I umpired National U16 championships final as the chair umpire. I had bronze and white badge as a line umpires. I overruled a guy on the service line.

dinu
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:03 PM
When a player gets mad next time, I hope s/he hits a ball right into your face as hard as possible.:D

:lol::lol: I hope when a player gets mad he hits a ball right into your face in the crowd.

Equus
Jan 15th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Mihaela Testiban is such a nice person. I don't know what's your problem with her.

Congrats and good luck anyway.

dinu
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:49 PM
I umpired national Under 18 tournament final today. the match was finished in an hour. I did 1 overrule and a player agreed with me. My friend will attend umpires course this year.

dinu
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:02 AM
I'm umpiring 3 weeks in a row as a linesman (2 futures and Zagreb Indoors). At the men's national championships friend's match lasted almost 4 hours. I umpired 7 matches in the chair and 3 matches on the line.

dinu
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Mihaela Testiban is such a nice person. I don't know what's your problem with her.

Congrats and good luck anyway.

yes, I changed my opinion about her, she helped a few croatian umpires to get their badges. She probably had a bad day in Portoroz.