PDA

View Full Version : Serena to arrive late and Monfils OUT

cfc_4_ever
Dec 26th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Serena will not play on Saturday against Sania Mirza and will not arrive in Perth to later in the week. Meghann Shaughnessy will replace her for the one tie. A little strange!!! Anyone know what Meghann had planned for this week?? She can still make it to queensland or nz intime to play!! Otherwise why would you agree to play and win or lose get 1 match??

Also as i posted b4 Monfils will be replaced with Clement, for France due to injury

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iMVBswV-PJrgDn81Qcq0WI--svUA

~|Naomi|~
Dec 26th, 2007, 09:24 AM
How does this effect the USA chances to win the Hopman Cup? Are they still eligible to make the final?
I remember in past years when a player has withdrawn and been replaced midway through the event that made the team ineligble to make the final. But what happens in this case where Shaughnessy is filling in for one match and Serena is playing the other 2 are they still eligible to play finals:confused:

Obviously I know that France are fine as it is a direct replacement prior to the vent starting for the full event.

cfc_4_ever
Dec 26th, 2007, 09:48 AM
How does this effect the USA chances to win the Hopman Cup? Are they still eligible to make the final?
I remember in past years when a player has withdrawn and been replaced midway through the event that made the team ineligble to make the final. But what happens in this case where Shaughnessy is filling in for one match and Serena is playing the other 2 are they still eligible to play finals:confused:

Obviously I know that France are fine as it is a direct replacement prior to the vent starting for the full event.

They changed the rules a couple of years ago. Now the inital player in this case Serena can be replaced for 1 or more ties by a player from the same country with a lower ranking and still be eligable for the tournment.

So despite Shaughnessy playing onli 1 game at this stage, her match still counts in caluculations for the final. The interesting thing is, who gets what prize money and prizes???

~|Naomi|~
Dec 26th, 2007, 10:07 AM