Moore
Mirkovic
Holland
Calderwood

Dokic def. Hubachek 7-6 6-0

Come on Jelena :banana:

Just Do It
Dec 12th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Draw is not out, yet ! Something is wrong 100% Lets just hope it does not have anything to do with Jelena :scared:

*Avatar changed, everything is ready :banana:

Tennis-Chick
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Good luck Jelena! You can win this! :)

OZTENNIS
Dec 12th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I highly doubt that this has anything to do with Jelena.

Either--- 1) TA has just reverted to old habits and gotten slack...not announcing anything until today
OR
2) There is a lot of debate over the 8 remaining places and how they should be allocated.

Just Do It
Dec 12th, 2007, 09:03 PM
*Please note - The final women's acceptance list will be available after 4pm on Wednesday 12th December. Tennis Australia apologises for the delay.

From tennis Australia.

OZTENNIS
Dec 14th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Let's use this thread to discuss the Playoff...

Raining in Melbourne

Mr.Kardashian
Dec 14th, 2007, 10:23 PM
is it raining? damn.... are live scores anywhere?

Just Do It
Dec 15th, 2007, 08:48 AM
We really should stick to this thread :lol:

Dokic Pierce
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Why haven't they released the schedule of play for Sunday yet? Do you think Jelena will play again tomorrow?

Just Do It
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Why haven't they released the schedule of play for Sunday yet? Do you think Jelena will play again tomorrow?

I think she will play tomorrow. Schedule should be out by now ?

DokicForever
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Good luck Jela!! :D

Ben.
Dec 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM
She should win against Wheelz, but it will be a bit more tougher than against Alenka.
Go Jelena :banana:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 15th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Love the second set recovery! :banana:

WOOOHOOOOO :D :rocker2:

Uranium
Dec 15th, 2007, 12:45 PM
That's a GREAT result for her first match

Just Do It
Dec 15th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Jelena plays today 11 am ( Melbourne time ) against Wheeler :rocker2:

LCS
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Come on Jelena...just administrative stuff!

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Jelena plays today 11 am ( Melbourne time ) against Wheeler :rocker2:
7PM my time tonight :banana:

Maybe we'll get live scores this time?

Just Do It
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:47 PM
I am surprised only one guy 9 TS ) gave us a report, and still no pics :confused:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:55 PM
There's 6 pics at http://www.viewimages.com/

Search Jelena Dokic (obviously)

Uranium
Dec 15th, 2007, 02:01 PM
3-Christina Wheeler d Karolina Wlodarczak 75 06 64
that's a bad score, dokic should beat her.

Just Do It
Dec 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM
There's 6 pics at http://www.viewimages.com/

Search Jelena Dokic (obviously)

I saw that. But I thought guys from WtaWorld will take some pics and vids ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 15th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I saw that. But I thought guys from WtaWorld will take some pics and vids ;)
Vids would be :drool: :bowdown:

King Aaron
Dec 15th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I am surprised only one guy 9 TS ) gave us a report, and still no pics :confused:
There's a report? I can't find it. :confused:

And great win Jelena. I'm glad she got that first match out of the way. Hopefully she'll keep improving now. :yeah:

Just Do It
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:12 PM
TS gave us a short report but she only watched 2-3 games.

Tennace
Dec 15th, 2007, 10:02 PM
What time does play start, 1 hour?

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
What time does play start, 1 hour?
Yup.

Dokic Pierce
Dec 16th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Hi guys,

Just returned from watching Jelena's win over Christina this morning and thought I'd give a little report.

Well first of all Jelena arrived at the courts before most of the spectators! She looked very happy and I think she is super motivated to return from what I have seen.

Jelena got off to a slow start losing the first two games, then she broke back and held for 2-2. From there she lost a few points and got angry at herself and her concentration wained a bit I think and Wheeler was playing very well and she took it 6-3.

It is good to see Jelena hasn't forgotten how important she is, I laughed when she hit a serve and it got stuck in the net and the umpire told her "you have to remove the ball" - there are no ball boys at this event. Jelena rolled her eyes and slinked over and plucked the ball out of the net - back to reality for Jelena!

I think from memory she broke Wheeler to lead 4-2 in the second but was immediately broken back to 4-4. Then they each held into the tie breaker. I know Wheeler was serving at 5-6 and had about 5 game points on the adv side which Dokic saved but she eventually one the game to go to the tiebreak.

In the tiebreak Jelena was amazing. What I liked about her match was that she didn't back off once during the entire match, even when she was down. She hit a very good down the line forehand on the first point and pumped herself up, winning the first 7 points to take it 7-0 very impressively!

In the 3rd set, Jelena again went down 2-0 and I thought to myself 'this will be a good test for her' and sure enough, she fought back to 2-2 with some great shots. Then 3-3 and Jelena broke Wheeler to lead 4-3 after a long duece/adv game. Wheeler was a little pissed at a call I think and started to lose her concentration which she had held so well throughout the match.

Then Jelena had a great service game to lead 5-3 and Wheeler then served. Jelena again just didn't relent, she kept going for her shots and Wheeler eventually gave up, serving a doubt fault on match point.

I was so impressed with Jelena, she is clearly not at peak fitness, she wore a great pink dress but has the whitest legs of anyone in Melbourne(!) ;) , but she is well on the road to that top 50 spot at the end of the year.

The thing that really impressed me was her emotion. If she wasn't pumping herself up she was berating herself - which is better thank slinking with your shoulders down as we have seen her in the past. I think this time her comeback is going to be very successful.

All in all a great match for Jelena and one which she should benefit from, especially in the quarters of this play off when she plays (probably) another seeded player.

Dokic Pierce
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:00 AM
Oh and Jelena had 8 double faults, one ace, over 50 unforced errors and over 25 winners.

Wheeler had I think 1 double fault, one ace, around 25 unforced errors and around 15 winners.

Jelena's serve and unforced errors will improve as she gets more match practice I think.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Match Stats:

Time : 1h 57min
Dokic Unforced errors : 54
Wheeler Unforced Errors: 25
Dokic Winners: 34
Wheeler Winners: 22

This shows that Jelena was a litlle rusty but managed to fight through!

And thanks for that great report!

LindsayRulz
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Thank you Dokic Pierce for the report :)

Jelena looks great on the pictures from viewimages.com, especialy in today's outfit :drool:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Hi guys,

Just returned from watching Jelena's win over Christina this morning and thought I'd give a little report.

Well first of all Jelena arrived at the courts before most of the spectators! She looked very happy and I think she is super motivated to return from what I have seen.

Jelena got off to a slow start losing the first two games, then she broke back and held for 2-2. From there she lost a few points and got angry at herself and her concentration wained a bit I think and Wheeler was playing very well and she took it 6-3.

It is good to see Jelena hasn't forgotten how important she is, I laughed when she hit a serve and it got stuck in the net and the umpire told her "you have to remove the ball" - there are no ball boys at this event. Jelena rolled her eyes and slinked over and plucked the ball out of the net - back to reality for Jelena!

I think from memory she broke Wheeler to lead 4-2 in the second but was immediately broken back to 4-4. Then they each held into the tie breaker. I know Wheeler was serving at 5-6 and had about 5 game points on the adv side which Dokic saved but she eventually one the game to go to the tiebreak.

In the tiebreak Jelena was amazing. What I liked about her match was that she didn't back off once during the entire match, even when she was down. She hit a very good down the line forehand on the first point and pumped herself up, winning the first 7 points to take it 7-0 very impressively!

In the 3rd set, Jelena again went down 2-0 and I thought to myself 'this will be a good test for her' and sure enough, she fought back to 2-2 with some great shots. Then 3-3 and Jelena broke Wheeler to lead 4-3 after a long duece/adv game. Wheeler was a little pissed at a call I think and started to lose her concentration which she had held so well throughout the match.

Then Jelena had a great service game to lead 5-3 and Wheeler then served. Jelena again just didn't relent, she kept going for her shots and Wheeler eventually gave up, serving a doubt fault on match point.

I was so impressed with Jelena, she is clearly not at peak fitness, she wore a great pink dress but has the whitest legs of anyone in Melbourne(!) ;) , but she is well on the road to that top 50 spot at the end of the year.

The thing that really impressed me was her emotion. If she wasn't pumping herself up she was berating herself - which is better thank slinking with your shoulders down as we have seen her in the past. I think this time her comeback is going to be very successful.

All in all a great match for Jelena and one which she should benefit from, especially in the quarters of this play off when she plays (probably) another seeded player.

Thanks but one question was she grunting :drool:

georgekuo1017
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:18 AM
keep going!

Dokic Pierce
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Thanks but one question was she grunting :drool:

Oh god yes, it was great! :lol:

I think she must breath through her teeth because you can also hear her breathing in between the points it's that loud!

SHOO!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:33 AM

I think she must breath through her teeth because you can also hear her breathing in between the points it's that loud!

SHOO!

:drool: I love the grunt!

Ben.
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:40 AM
thanks for the report DokicPierce :D good to see that she fought well and kept her emotions in check :yeah:

this is all positive :)

Ben.
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:43 AM

SHOO!

great to hear :lol: where can i see the pics of her in that pink dress? :)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:46 AM
great to hear :lol: where can i see the pics of her in that pink dress? :)

http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?phrase=vihome

Search Jelena Dokic here... (Join me in the chat thread)

http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/image.aspx?assetid=RDM39432.6133277315&blobType=portait

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 16th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Thanks so much for the report. :hearts:

SHOO!!!! :banana:

OZTENNIS
Dec 16th, 2007, 05:34 AM
That can be a nickname :hearts: ''SHOO''

Just Do It
Dec 16th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Thnaks for that report :)

Andy.
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Great to see that she was able to fight back. That should really push he on to greater heights.

DokicForever
Dec 16th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Great report thanks for the information!!

The 'Shoo' is back lol :)

Natash.
Dec 16th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Shoo. :hearts:

Thanks for the report. :hug:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 16th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Wildcard bit closer for Dokic

Jake Niall
December 17, 2007

JELENA Dokic survived a patchy performance in her Australian Open (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=12125462&posted=1#) qualifying match yesterday, but the one-time world No 4 insisted she felt under no pressure in her attempted return to the game's big tent.

Surrounded by a large media contingent on Melbourne Park's court seven — the same court that hosted Mark Philippoussis yesterday — Dokic defeated Australian Christina Wheeler 3-6, 7-6 (7-0), 6-3 to give herself a shot at winning the wildcard spot in the Australian Open that is granted to the qualifying event victor.

Dokic, clearly unfit despite shedding several kilograms recently, acknowledged she was lacking in both conditioning and touch.

"I haven't played matches in a long time. Obviously, my fitness is not there yet. But it will just take a lot of matches like this. You know, I play much much better than this in practices, so I need to be able to put that into my matches," she said.

"To get a win … without being at my best today, gives me, gives me more confidence, but I still have a lot of things to work on."

Dokic has been living in Melbourne and visiting Melbourne Park almost daily for several weeks to work on her game. Her motivation for attempting to scale the WTA mountain again, however, is about pleasing herself, rather than proving others wrong.

Dokic, who made 54 unforced errors in her nearly two hours on court, even suggested that her less decorated qualifying event competitors should be beating her.

"You know, I haven't … really played a competitive match, a proper match on the tour, for more than two years. These girls are actually supposed to beat me. So I don't think I have any pressure on me. I've proved that I can play tennis with the best, and I have nothing to prove."

King Aaron
Dec 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the report. Loved the part where she rolled her eyes. :lol: :hearts:

Hopefully we'll get videos soon. :)

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 16th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Jelena plays today 10AM local time :)

Muffin the Mule
Dec 16th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Good luck Jelena - make it 3 out of 3!

OZTENNIS
Dec 16th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Just over 1 hour to go :)

DokicForever
Dec 16th, 2007, 09:37 PM
come on Jelena! :) good luck :D

Ben.
Dec 16th, 2007, 09:54 PM
lets go jelena :bounce:

xcrtbckhnd
Dec 16th, 2007, 09:55 PM
GL Jelena - let's make it 3-0 in RR, and then another 3-0 to get the WC!!! Is there any video of either of her first 2 matches?

xcrtbckhnd
Dec 16th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Have any of the other quarterfinalists been decided yet? And does it make any difference in terms of quarterfinal placements if Jelena finishes 1st in her group or not? Would this possibly help her avoid meeting a seeded player in the quarterfinal round?

OZTENNIS
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Definitely.

The way I see it, Monique Adamczak, Sophie Ferguson and Jessica Moore are all unbeaten in their respective groups. These three along with Dokic are basically guaranteed a spot in the quarters, provided they don't put in a shocker today.

If Jelena finished second in her group, she would face either Adamczak, Ferguson or Moore...the 3 favourites for the title. Judging by Monique's form, Jelena could probably beat her, but the other two would be very difficult.

If Jelena wins her group, she would face either Alison Bai/Sally Peers or Olivia Rogowska/Emelyn Starr. This would certainly be to Jelena's benefit. Another match against a lower ranked junior rather than 1 of the top 4 seeds. It would give her another match before facing one of the top seeds as well...

xcrtbckhnd
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks, so Wheeler will most likely play one of the other top 4 players in the quarters...It's somewhat possible that Jelena will play Christina again then, right? Possibly in the semifinals or maybe even the finals

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Anyone gonna try calling Melbourne Park for updates in this match? :angel:

Philip
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Go Jelena! :D

should be playing now?

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:31 PM
yes for half and hour

Uranium
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Anyone gonna try calling Melbourne Park for updates in this match? :angel:

i would wait til 7 to call for whole set score.

OZTENNIS
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks, so Wheeler will most likely play one of the other top 4 players in the quarters...It's somewhat possible that Jelena will play Christina again then, right? Possibly in the semifinals or maybe even the finals
That is correct

Uranium
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:38 PM
That is correct

or she could play Alenka-i'm rooting for her to make dokic's road easier and Wheeler HAS to be tired 2 3 sets in a row, go alenka.

TTomek
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:41 PM
GL Jelena :bounce:

Dokic Pierce
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Can anyone find out a score?

OZTENNIS
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Im rooting for Alenka too...Uranium...love all the Aussie juniors...and they are doing great here this week (contrary to what azza says :rolleyes:)

OZTENNIS
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Stay calm people, Jelena will win against Karo...:)

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:49 PM
gimme gimme more, gimme more gimme me Jelena's score :lol:

:tape:

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Is anybody planning to ring in the next 15 minutes, just working out whether to go to bed or not :)

Dokic Pierce
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:52 PM
gimme gimme more, gimme more gimme me Jelena's score :lol:

:tape:

Love it! :lol:

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Love it! :lol:

wonder if Jelena or Dokic sounds best though :lol:

DokicForever
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:55 PM
:lol:
funny :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM
:lol:
funny :)

your avatar :hearts:

So Disrespectful
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I'm sure everyone has discussed this already, but Jelena was moving terribly this week. Possibly worse than any player in the top 100, she just let balls sale past her nochalanantly for the majority of the match. When she did decide to pick up her game, she was playing well.

She still has a lot of work to do on her conditioning, and believe me, she looks far less fit in person than in photos or on video.

I'm not criticising her, I'm just trying to be unbiased. Still, she's far better than all of the other girls, even at her worst.

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I'm sure everyone has discussed this already, but Jelena was moving terribly this week. Possibly worse than any player in the top 100, she just let balls sale past her nochalanantly for the majority of the match. When she did decide to pick up her game, she was playing well.

She still has a lot of work to do on her conditioning, and believe me, she looks far less fit in person than in photos or on video.

I'm not criticising her, I'm just trying to be unbiased. Still, she's far better than all of the other girls, even at her worst.

have you seen every girl in the top-100 move ??

:wavey:

DokicForever
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:02 PM
your avatar :hearts:

you too!:hearts:
;)

Dokic Pierce
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:03 PM

True, she has a roll of fat around her lower stomach that you just don't see in any of the pictures and there was probably 5 or 6 balls that she just let past.

But one thing you couldn't fault was her intensity. After not having picked up a racquet in the last six months (her own words) she has come out and defeated Wheeler who is at a career best 215 (or thereabouts). That is a massive effort on her behalf - out of form, out of fitness, out of match play, and she still found a way to win.

I think Jelena is going to have a great 2008, she will need to work hard over the summer though.

So Disrespectful
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:03 PM
have you seen every girl in the top-100 move ??

:wavey:

The majority, yes.

Like I said, I'm not criticising Jelena, I think she's done a great job so far, but I'm just saying that she'll need to step it up for 2008.

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:05 PM
oh well, im off :wavey: (dissapointed in myself for not staying up)

Go Jelena ;) Gimme Gimme more gimme a decent score :tape: (Last time I say 'gimme gimme' I promise :lol:

Have a good day everybody

So Disrespectful
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:08 PM
True, she has a roll of fat around her lower stomach that you just don't see in any of the pictures and there was probably 5 or 6 balls that she just let past.

But one thing you couldn't fault was her intensity. After not having picked up a racquet in the last six months (her own words) she has come out and defeated Wheeler who is at a career best 215 (or thereabouts). That is a massive effort on her behalf - out of form, out of fitness, out of match play, and she still found a way to win.

I think Jelena is going to have a great 2008, she will need to work hard over the summer though.

True, and she was definitely still hitting the ball well. I was impressed that she was able to keep her double faults under control after so long out of the game. Usually that would be an issue, but I thought her second serve held up well. Tactically she'll take a few more matches to completely get used to the game again, and there were some junior quality points in her match against Hubacek which were quite funny.

But people need to realise that Jelena was losing to lower ranked players at European challengers not so long ago, and most of these girls are top quality. It was just a joy to see Jelena competing again, almost felt surreal :D

Philip
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:13 PM
gahhh i wonder the score! :p

Dokic Pierce
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:13 PM
True, and she was definitely still hitting the ball well. I was impressed that she was able to keep her double faults under control after so long out of the game. Usually that would be an issue, but I thought her second serve held up well. Tactically she'll take a few more matches to completely get used to the game again, and there were some junior quality points in her match against Hubacek which were quite funny.

But people need to realise that Jelena was losing to lower ranked players at European challengers not so long ago, and most of these girls are top quality. It was just a joy to see Jelena competing again, almost felt surreal :D

Yes I know what you mean, it was weird having Jelena standing 5 metres before your eyes! :eek: :worship:

Yes I was impressed with her serving too, 8 double faults sound a lot but she has had more, plus she had the sun right above her in her match against Wheeler so I thought she handled that well.

Look at how she is playing now - already beating top 200 players - and imagine what she can do at full fitness and match practice! :kiss:

Dokic Pierce
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:14 PM
gahhh i wonder the score! :p

Yeah I'm sitting here at work wondering the same thing!

DokicForever
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Yes I know what you mean, it was weird having Jelena standing 5 metres before your eyes! :eek: :worship:

Yes I was impressed with her serving too, 8 double faults sound a lot but she has had more, plus she had the sun right above her in her match against Wheeler so I thought she handled that well.

Look at how she is playing now - already beating top 200 players - and imagine what she can do at full fitness and match practice! :kiss:

Well said :D:yeah:

dokicz09
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:16 PM
hey! acording to what Sean said on jelena's forum , she won it easy!! he dont know the score cause a women didn't tell him:D yeah i hope its true:D

Philip
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:21 PM
ohh. hope so...! :)

DokicForever
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:21 PM
I hope this is true too!!

So Disrespectful
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:23 PM
6-0 6-1 :banana:

I'm not serious, just so you know :p

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:24 PM
6-0 6-1 :banana:

I'm not serious, just so you know :p
You got me excited for a second. :bigcry: I'm sure it'll be something similar though. Bagels and/or breadsticks would be awesome.

Uranium
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:24 PM
WOW,Jelena :bounce:
WC is yours jelena

Philip
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:25 PM
im getting really tired... but i dont want to go until i know! :p

DokicForever
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:26 PM
You got me excited for a second. :bigcry: I'm sure it'll be something similar though. Bagels and/or breadsticks would be awesome.

hehe bagels and breadsticks :P

dokicz09
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:27 PM
can't nobody call;p?

DokicForever
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:27 PM
im getting really tired... but i dont want to go until i know! :p

Im exhausted too..
I really wanna know the score now :p

alwayshingis
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:30 PM
The person at jelena-dokic.com said she had nearly won, so hold on for a minute.

Philip
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:31 PM
The person at jelena-dokic.com said she had nearly won, so hold on for a minute.
nearly? :scared:

Uranium
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:33 PM

website has no info.
did you speak with him?

Babolatpro880
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:35 PM
website has no info.
did you speak with him?

It's on the message board associated with jelena-dokic.com.

Philip
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:44 PM
so.. any news on the score? :p

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:45 PM
LOL I misinformed everyone in GM. :sobbing: Sean initially said it was over though. :p

Let's hope she didn't make things complicated. Someone in Australia call!!!

IceHock
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Great to know it's it at least easy so far.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Aussies, number is (03) 9286 1244

Philip
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:58 PM
well if theyre still playing after almost 2hours... it cant be that easy :s

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:59 PM
They probably aren't still playing, it's just that nobody's been given the confirmed final score.

Uranium
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:00 AM
well if theyre still playing after almost 2hours... it cant be that easy :s

you can't say that, there are no updates for all the matches.

Harvs
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:01 AM
im on hold..

Harvs
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:01 AM
ok so the tournament office was unavailable... sorry guys

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:02 AM
It's alright, thanks for trying. :kiss:

rada
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:03 AM
she won in 3 sets 62 26 64

Uranium
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:03 AM
sooo many pink dokic avatars :lol:

Babolatpro880
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:04 AM
I really wish she hadn't lost a set to Wlodarczak.

Philip
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:05 AM
so not that easy after all! but a win :D

3-0 jelena, well done! Good luck in the Qrts! :)

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah, that seems to be the official score. Sean from WTAworld got an email from TA.

Harvs
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Woooooooo!

Uranium
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:08 AM
not liking the score, but glad she won :banana:

DokicForever
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Well Done Jelena!! :D

Andy.
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Its great to see her fighting through even when she isnt at her best. That is the sign of great things to come and the signs of a great fighter.

xcrtbckhnd
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Does Jelena get a day off now, or are the quarters played tomorrow?

Dokic Pierce
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I think these 3 set matches are due mostly to the fact that she will no doubt be pysically tired from all the playing (at her match against Wheeler she was always stretching her legs during changeovers). I think the important thing is that she is getting through with a great fighting spirit.

I think the days rest will do the world of good for her and hopefully she draws a nice opponent for the quarter finals.

Uranium
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:12 AM
i think quarters are wednesday

Babolatpro880
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:21 AM
I think Jelena's gonna play one of the following in the quarters: Rogowska, Holland, or the winner of Bai-Peers. Rogowska and Holland seem to be rather talented, and if Karolina took Jelena to three sets, any of those girls might challenge her as well.

Uranium
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I think Jelena's gonna play one of the following in the quarters: Rogowska, Holland, or the winner of Bai-Peers. Rogowska and Holland seem to be rather talented, and if Karolina took Jelena to three sets, any of those girls might challenge her as well.

dokic was probably tired from yesterday and Wolz is apparently a pusher, so jelena probably made lots of errors.

Babolatpro880
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:28 AM
dokic was probably tired from yesterday and Wolz is apparently a pusher, so jelena probably made lots of errors.

That's actually a little better. A pusher is exactly the kind of player that WOULD push Jelena, especially when she's just coming back.

And if it was fitness like you said (and I hope that's what it was), then luckily she does get a day of rest after which she should hopefully win her QF quite easily and then we'll see from there. I'd kind of like to see Jelena perform well and maybe get a qualifying wildcard instead, because in beating a player like Wheeler it seems to me she might be able to compete at that level rather than potentially drawing a top player so early in her comeback and maybe getting beaten easily and having a repeat of two years ago.

xcrtbckhnd
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:42 AM
I think that even if Jelena doesn't win the WC play-off's, she still has a good chance at getting a MD WC. I definitely think she will at least get a Qualifying WC just based on these 3 results. Tennis Australia would be crazy to deny her that. I think she will probably get Quali WC's at all of the Grand Slams if she wants them.

Dokic Pierce
Dec 17th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Do we know much about Rogowska?

Dokic Pierce
Dec 17th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Dokic will play Rogowska in the quarter finals!

From Tennis Australia "Rogowska, a member of the triumphant junior Optus Fed Cup team this year, will face Jelena Dokic in the quarterfinals on Wednesday."

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 17th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Dokic will play Rogowska in the quarter finals!

From Tennis Australia "Rogowska, a member of the triumphant junior Optus Fed Cup team this year, will face Jelena Dokic in the quarterfinals on Wednesday."
Source?

OZTENNIS
Dec 17th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Tennis Australia is the source.

Rogowska plays similarly to Dokic, so it may be interesting...Dokic will still win

Ben.
Dec 17th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Well done Jelena on your third win :D

Even though it wa a 3 set win, its still good for her to win these type of matches and it looks like she'll only better & better :)

Ben.
Dec 17th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I'd kind of like to see Jelena perform well and maybe get a qualifying wildcard instead, because in beating a player like Wheeler it seems to me she might be able to compete at that level rather than potentially drawing a top player so early in her comeback and maybe getting beaten easily and having a repeat of two years ago.

you got a point there, but even if she does get the MD WC & loses 1st round at the open, i don't think it will be a complete disaster. she'll have plenty of opportunities on the ITF circuit and she'll only get better with lots of matches :)

guys, even if she does lose 1R at AO its not the end of the world, remember her getting back to her best will take time.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 17th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Jelena nice win!! :worship:

Harvs
Dec 17th, 2007, 06:00 AM
NEW JELENA INTERVIEW:
http://www.tennisaustralia.com.au/pages/default.aspx?id=4&pageId=11502

she says shes not happy at all with her game.. wow

Ben.
Dec 17th, 2007, 06:40 AM
its just good to hear her voice again :D guess she'll only get better match by match :)

azza
Dec 17th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Lol! a Klein Vs Philippoussis rematch in the QF

azza
Dec 17th, 2007, 06:51 AM
I find it embaressing that Wheeler and Adamczak have to play QF

when theres a Moore Vs Peers QF

poor christina

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 17th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Jelena :woohoo:

Harvs
Dec 17th, 2007, 07:09 AM

poor christina

id tip jess over monmon atm... you havent been to the playoffs have you? monmon unfortuantely isnt playing well at all, while jess is on fire. at this moment - from what i saw yesterday - i cant see her losign to anyone if she keeps playing so well.

what do u have against jess anyways

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 17th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I am really proud about Jelena, Jess, Issy, Olivia and Christina... It is great to here that they are all so professional (unlike the men) and we certinaly have alot to look forward to in the future!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 17th, 2007, 07:18 AM
...;12128705']id tip jess over monmon atm... you havent been to the playoffs have you? monmon unfortuantely isnt playing well at all, while jess is on fire. at this moment - from what i saw yesterday - i cant see her losign to anyone if she keeps playing so well.

what do u have against jess anyways

I could see just by those photo's that she is in good form... She looks so toned!

OZTENNIS
Dec 17th, 2007, 07:21 AM

poor christina
:ras: luck of the draw mate...

Just Do It
Dec 17th, 2007, 09:55 AM
A win is a win :yeah:

Anyone knows when is Jelena playing against Rogowska ?

King Aaron
Dec 17th, 2007, 02:28 PM
A win is a win :yeah:

Anyone knows when is Jelena playing against Rogowska ?
Wednesday.

Another win. :yeah: Good job Jelena. Right now she needs a lot of matches, and wins of course. Needing 3 sets doesn't really matter I think right now.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 17th, 2007, 03:05 PM
If Rogowska is a big hitting aggressive player, I like Jelena's chances in the QF. :shrug:

Come on Jelena, keep fighting!

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 17th, 2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22940274-3162,00.html

AN AFL fitness expert is helping Jelena Dokic get back into shape for a comeback at next month's Australian Open.

Richmond strength and conditioning coach Matt Hornsby has been advising Dokic as she attempts to revive her stalled career.

The former world No. 4 yesterday recorded her third consecutive victory at Melbourne Park in the Australian Open wildcard playoffs.

She overcame a mid-match slump and dodgy serve to beat Victorian Karolina Wlodarczak 6-2 2-6 6-4 to seal a place in tomorrow's knockout quarter-finals.

"I've done a lot in the last two months, from endurance to speed work to footwork. I need to do everything, I've started from scratch," the 24-year-old said yesterday.

"But matches like these help. I've pulled up pretty good, I can play three sets, which gives me confidence, and I've just got to keep on working."

Dokic will use today's rest day to continue her fitness regimen.

Observers say she has made remarkable progress since linking with Hornsby, but she knows she is still way off being competitive in the Open main draw.

"Knowing that I'm through to the quarter-finals allowed me not to worry too much about the match today," Dokic said.

"I'm happy that I got through and I get a day off.

"It has been three days in a row for me and I've pulled up pretty good. But the next matches, if I keep on going, will be tougher."

Her quarter-final opponent is 16-year-old Victorian Olivia Rogowska, a member of Australia's triumphant junior Fed Cup team this year.

Dokic was dogged again by too many unforced errors and her serve went awry in the swirling wind.

She threw in two double faults when trying to close out the match at 5-2 in the final set.

"The conditions were very tough with the wind. But I served overall pretty good when I needed to. I didn't play my best, but I came through and played well when I needed to," Dokic said.

"I'm not happy at all with my game. I'm struggling to put all my practice work into my matches. That's expected, so I think I can get much, much better and, hopefully, I'll do that in my next match.

"Generally, I'm not happy at all, but that's the way it has to be and I'm just glad to go through with that level of play."

Dokic said she had been searching for a suitable coach for the past two months.

"I'm working with a couple of people from Tennis Australia who help me through my warm-ups and practice and some of my matches," she said.

"And I'm looking to, hopefully, have someone (permanent coach) in the next month," she said.

Highlandman
Dec 17th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Hm, win is win I think & we should not look too much in detail :lol:

She obviously still has the big DF-Problem. I just remember when she had 29 against Schruff in 2006. She should especially work on that. Anyone knows why she is still doing so many DF's? Is her 2nd service too fast? Is it cuz of her ball throwing? :confused:

I really wonder about that, cuz her service could be a big weapon of her again. And it's pretty sad to see when gets a break, just cuz of tons of DF's.

Hopefully in QF she will have less DF & other UE's :) - despite I doubt it will change big in that contest. Good there are still 2 weeks till new season will start :D

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 17th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Jelena's second serve isn't only too hard, but it's too flat as well. There's absolutely no spin on it. On a normal day she can usually keep the double faults under control for most of a match, but it starts to become a much bigger problem in pressure situations and big points.

I wish she would try to fix that, but it seems she hasn't gotten anywhere.

Dokic Pierce
Dec 17th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Jelena's second serve isn't only too hard, but it's too flat as well. There's absolutely no spin on it. On a normal day she can usually keep the double faults under control for most of a match, but it starts to become a much bigger problem in pressure situations and big points.

I wish she would try to fix that, but it seems she hasn't gotten anywhere.

I agree that her 2nd serves are too flat but I think she has been serving well in most of the pressure situations.

In her match against Wheeler she had about 8 df's which is much better than 28 and most of those weren't on key points. Jelena has said she is happy with her serving at the moment so I think she is the best judge on her progress in that regards.

Ben.
Dec 17th, 2007, 11:46 PM
she isn't going to be 100% perfect in every aspect of her game right away, but its good that she has a weakness and that she can work on it to become an even better player.

Dokic Pierce
Dec 17th, 2007, 11:51 PM
she isn't going to be 100% perfect in every aspect of her game right away, but its good that she has a weakness and that she can work on it to become an even better player.

Exactly, the most exciting thing for me is that even despite every part of her game being well below 100%, she is still beating girls with rankings in the 200's - very very promising. :bounce:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 17th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I agree that her 2nd serves are too flat but I think she has been serving well in most of the pressure situations.

In her match against Wheeler she had about 8 df's which is much better than 28 and most of those weren't on key points. Jelena has said she is happy with her serving at the moment so I think she is the best judge on her progress in that regards.
I'm not just talking about how she's serving in the playoff, I'm talking about how it becomes a problem in any event. If Jelena starts to make it deeper in WTA events and gets involved in tight matches with good players, she's gonna pay dearly for that many double faults, especially if she's serving them to give away breaks.

Jelena may be happy with her serve at this moment, but it needs to get better. There's no use denying that.

Dokic Pierce
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I'm not just talking about how she's serving in the playoff, I'm talking about how it becomes a problem in any event. If Jelena starts to make it deeper in WTA events and gets involved in tight matches with good players, she's gonna pay dearly for that many double faults, especially if she's serving them to give away breaks.

Jelena may be happy with her serve at this moment, but it needs to get better. There's no use denying that.

For sure, the serve needs to get better :) but so does every other part of her game too, probably the unforced errors more than anything.

It will all improve with time, I look forward to seeing her progress at the January events to see how much she has improved :drool:

Ben.
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:59 AM
your right there on the unforced error count, if she can add consistency in her game along with an good 2nd serve then she is definitely on the way up.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 18th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Is there an OOP out yet for tomorrow?

scottsue
Dec 18th, 2007, 02:53 AM
I can't see any order of play yet but I have just checked out the TA website and I note that Olivia Rogowska is due to play both Jelena Dokic and also Isabella Holland in the quarter finals. She is going to be a very busy girl tomorrow!

Dokic Pierce
Dec 18th, 2007, 03:15 AM
I can't see any order of play yet but I have just checked out the TA website and I note that Olivia Rogowska is due to play both Jelena Dokic and also Isabella Holland in the quarter finals. She is going to be a very busy girl tomorrow!

Hoepfully she can play Holland first and tire herself out for a refreshed Jelena ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 18th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Why is Rogowska playing 2 matches? :shrug:

alwayshingis
Dec 18th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Jelena is the third match on Court 7, not before 2:00 local time (7:00pm Pacific US, 10:00pm Eastern US, 4:00am CET)

Just Do It
Dec 18th, 2007, 08:40 AM
4 AM CET :yawn:

Harvs
Dec 18th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Order of Play: Wednesday 19 December

Court 5, 11.00 am start
Monique Adamczak (NSW) v Christina Wheeler (Vic)
Colin Ebelthite (SA) v Adam Feeney (NSW) – not before 12.30 pm
Isabella Holland (Qld) v Sophie Ferguson (NSW) – not before 2.00 pm
Matthew Ebden (WA) v Joseph Sirianni (Vic) – not before 3.30 pm

Court 7, 11.00 am start
Jessica Moore (WA) v Alison Bai (ACT)
Samuel Groth (Vic) v Nick Lindahl (NSW) – not before 12.30 pm
Jelena Dokic v Olivia Rogowska (Vic) – not before 2.00 pm
Brydan Klein (WA) v Rameez Junaid (Vic) – not before 3.30 pm

lol olivia isnt playing two matches. obviously a typo

So Disrespectful
Dec 18th, 2007, 12:57 PM
This is so frustrating, I have the video file right here but I can't convert it to an mpeg for youtube because the program keeps crashing just on this video.

I'll try another program.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
What file format is it at the moment?

So Disrespectful
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:07 PM
It was in AVI, but that's too large for me to upload. It's ok, the new converter worked. It will be up shortly :D

So Disrespectful
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:13 PM
It's taking a while to upload. Wait up with me? :awww:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:16 PM
LOL no problem. ;) Are you putting them on YouTube or are you uploading them for download?

So Disrespectful
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:22 PM
LOL no problem. ;) Are you putting them on YouTube or are you uploading them for download?

YouTube of course, but people can download them off YouTube if they can be stuffed figuring out how :p

So Disrespectful
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:34 PM
WTF! The quality is useless. The ball is at times indistinguisable. It looks crystal clear as a file, it's just terrible on youtube. Anyhow-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5kIfaEs9z0

I hope you can still enjoy it. :sad:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I see it pretty clearly, thanks so much! :D Is there anyway you can upload it to a server so we can download the higher quality file though? If you can't it's okay, but I figured I'd ask. ;)

So Disrespectful
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I see it pretty clearly, thanks so much! :D Is there anyway you can upload it to a server so we can download the higher quality file though? If you can't it's okay, but I figured I'd ask. ;)

Yes, sure I can and will, but I'm going to head off now. I can upload it tomorrow sometime, it's definitely worth it compared to what you see on YouTube.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Yes, sure I can and will, but I'm going to head off now. I can upload it tomorrow sometime, it's definitely worth it compared to what you see on YouTube.
Thanks again, you're awesome :hug: :worship:

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 18th, 2007, 02:54 PM
some good play by Jelena :woohoo:

Just Do It
Dec 18th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the vid. It looks like Jelena's shots are not powerful enough. Still, I really dont get it how on Earth she managed to lose a set ? ? ?

Philip
Dec 18th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Thats a lot for the video! :D

King Aaron
Dec 18th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the video. :yeah:
Good luck tomorrow Jelena. :kiss:

DokicForever
Dec 18th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the video :D

Good luck Jelena!!

Uranium
Dec 18th, 2007, 07:14 PM
great vid, jelena did well. thanks.

Ben.
Dec 18th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Great video :yeah:
Jelena was still able to strike the ball so cleanly at times :hearts:

OZTENNIS
Dec 18th, 2007, 08:16 PM
She is playing Alenka Hubacek...never seen lenks play, so thanks heaps :hearts:

OZTENNIS
Dec 18th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Anyone going today, could u take videos of Moore vs Bai, Dokic vs Rogowska or Ferguson vs Holland...thanks :angel:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 18th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Jelena look so much like Agnes in that vid!

So Disrespectful
Dec 18th, 2007, 11:26 PM
High quality for download- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S6PJVIMC

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 18th, 2007, 11:39 PM
High quality for download- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S6PJVIMC
:bowdown: Thanks again!

So Disrespectful
Dec 18th, 2007, 11:42 PM
:bowdown: Thanks again!

Anytime :)

I'm sure two people will download it :p

DokicForever
Dec 19th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Thank you very much for the vid :D

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the vid :bowdown:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:13 AM
I wonder if Jelena's match has made it to court yet.

Can someone call in like an hour?

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:43 AM
I'd love an update if we could get one too :D

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Is there any way you could call Dokic Pierce? [/greedy]

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:47 AM
I'm pretty sure Jelena's match got on court on schedule (45 mins ago) because the match prior ended in retirement.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Nevermind, I just got an email saying it hadn't started yet.

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Is there any way you could call Dokic Pierce? [/greedy]

Would love to but I'm at work so can't :fiery: sorry :angel:

Havok
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:54 AM
That video owns :drool:. She's hitting with much more topspin now though, and that serve still needs some :help:. Delicious strokes nonetheless!

christopherhello
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:58 AM
I Tried calling the Aussie Open no. but theres no administration to pick up the call.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Brettles is sending me updates!!

*2-2 15-15

Jelena serving!!

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:00 AM
She's hitting with much more topspin now though
You think so? I didn't see more than a couple of strokes that had more than a hint of topspin LOL. She's still hitting it pretty flat, I think.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Brettles is sending me updates!!

*2-2 15-15

Jelena serving!!
Oh awesome! Thanks to you and Brettles, keep us updated! :D

COME ON JELENA :rocker2:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Oh awesome! Thanks to you and Brettles, keep us updated! :D

COME ON JELENA :rocker2:

My pleasure... Lets go Jelena!!

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:04 AM
My pleasure... Lets go Jelena!!

Thanks so much to you and your friend!!! :worship:

Havok
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:14 AM
You think so? I didn't see more than a couple of strokes that had more than a hint of topspin LOL. She's still hitting it pretty flat, I think.
She's obviously not hitting Conchita Martinez-esque topspin shots, but definitely more spin to her shots than in her prime. Still hitting them flat though for the most part yes.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Rogowska leads 5-3 :sad:

Dokic Pierce
I hope Jelena is doing ok - it's very muggy where I am today

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Fight Jelena!!

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Rogowska leads 5-3 :sad:

Fight Jelena! :devil:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:16 AM
I knew this might be bad. :sad:

Come on Jelena, fight.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Olivia broke Jelena's serve to win first set 6-3 :sad:

Havok
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Please refrain Jelena and win this!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Olivia has been known to choke so at least this may help Jelena :hug:

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Olivia has been known to choke so at least this may help Jelena :hug:

Hopefully the come from behind win against Wheeler will also help out Jelena here - plus the days break

Lets be positive and hope for the best! :bounce:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Olivia leads 2-1 in the second...

First set stats

Jelena UE: 28
Jelena Winners: 5
Jelena DBL Faults: 8

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:28 AM
First set stats

Jelena UE: 28
Jelena Winners: 5
Jelena DBL Faults: 8
:help: Just start keeping a few balls in the court Jelena, please.

Keadz
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:28 AM
wow, thats really bad. C'mon Jelena

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:29 AM
F-I-G-H-T Back Jelena and cut thos UE'S Down!!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Olivia breaks and is leading 3-1 :sad:

Erika_Angel
I guess the positive from those stats is that they are so horrible and she still managed a 3-6 scoreline which isn't as bad. If she can get it together she should be able to claw back.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
She just cant get a ball into the court!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Jelena retired with a groin injury :sad:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Not another fucking injury!

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:34 AM
You have got to be joking me.

Sigh.

OZTENNIS
:eek: retired :sad: :bigcry: how disappointing

Havok
Figured she had horrible stats. No way these girls would beat a half decent Dokic.

That being said, please get back into it Jeca this match isn't lost yet.

Keadz
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:35 AM
That is really annoying, hope it's not to serious?

I wonder how this will affect her for the whole summer.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Brettels said she looks very upset...

Havok
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Oh, ok.

Hope it heals in time for some AO lead ups that she'll likely get WC's to. Tennis Australia should just give Jelena a WC; she's likely the only onw to actually make some noise there!

Dokic Pierce

:sad: that is ok, I thought something must be wrong for her to be playing that bad.

Rest up Jelena and get your wild card into Hobart :kiss:

Erika_Angel
Oh Jelena :sad: Please recover in time for the Australian Events.

vutt
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:37 AM
:sad:

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Brettels said she looks very upset...

Does he think it looks very serious??

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:38 AM
If she misses out on all the Aussie events I will be so pissed!

Freakan
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:40 AM
I she does, her career will be over.
If not, it's good that she lost, she's not ready for playing in MD's yet. WC's into qualies is what she needs.

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:40 AM

Do they think it's that serious? :sad:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Brettles said there was no sign of her injury while she was playing. He said he is pretty sure it isnt very serious...

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:43 AM
Hmmmm.

I wonder what she'll have to say about this.

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Brettles said there was no sign of her injury while she was playing. He said he is pretty sure it isnt very serious...

She may have even used it as an excuse to pull out because of her bad form, who knows :p She is probably just pysically sore, 3 matches in 3 days is massive for her after such a long time out.

Waiting for more news though, preferably from Jelena herself...

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:46 AM
And surely she has shown enough to receive a wild card into Q or MD or the Aussie Open - Tennis Australia would be stupid not to give her one of those!

Ben.
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:50 AM
as much as I'm disappointed at the moment, we need to think of the positives here. jelena at least got four matches under her belt (winning three) & that she had to survive two 3 set matches while not at her best.
i hope the injury isn't serious & that her efforts will reward her a Q WC into the open. if not its not the end of the world & she will hav other opportunities to play well again.

Ben.
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:51 AM
plus i'm just glad to see her play again :D but the injury was really a sour end to her AO Wildcard playoff campaign.

OZTENNIS
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:56 AM
well said bg017

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Does everyone here think Jelena should play Qualies for AO and because she won't get a MD wilcard or for the match practice?

I always thought I'd prefer her to get a MD wild card and not risk crashing out in Qualies but I wonder what others and Jelena would prefer, I can see the good points to both!

OZTENNIS
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:57 AM
She should play quallies for match practice and ranking points IMO

Ben.
Dec 19th, 2007, 04:00 AM
qualies, definitely...loads of match play.

FrancoisT
Dec 19th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Hi Guys,

This is the first time I am writing in this forum, and i must say it is great to see so many fans of Jelena. Now I went to the W/c Playoffs on Saturday and MOnday. And I must say that Saturday natch against Hubacek was Fantastic. Although it was difficult for her in the first set tie breaker (Which by the way WAS 7-2, NOT 7-3) she played phenominonly in the second.

In the match against WDLORCZAC, (or however it's spelled) Jelena did well in the first set, but her mental side got the better of her in the second. I was glad to see her finish it off though in the third.

I spoke to Jelena on Saturday as well and she is happy to be back in Australia.

Now to this injury ai yi yi! Dokic Pierce I actually agree with you, I think she should get a wild card into the MD straight away, what if she does loose in the first round of qualifying??

Anywho we shall see.

FrancoisT

Ben.
Dec 19th, 2007, 06:49 AM
must of been kool to have met jelena :)

from my view we shouldn't rush her comeback straight away, hey if she gets into qualies & loses early, its not the end of the world and she can play ITF's to assist her then the big events :)

Just Do It
Dec 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Really disappointing. I hope she is REALLY injured, if she was faking that would be a bad sign.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 19th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Really disappointing. I hope she is REALLY injured, if she was faking that would be a bad sign.
I like to think it's not THAT serious an injury, but she didn't want to risk making it worse, especially for a wildcard playoff. Coupled with the fact that she was playing horrible and she knows she's still too out of shape, it was probably the best decision.

scottsue
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
She will get a main draw wild card guaranteed I reckon. TA will not lose this opportunity for added excitement and interest. I just hope that Monique will get one too. I wonder if Jarmilla Gajdosova will miss out..I expect so.

IceHock
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Now that I think about it, this injury might giver her that much motivation, now that she has lost, she probably realizes she has to do alot more work now, and if she was crying, I feel like that's how bad she wanted it and now she should want it even more, i'm just hoping she's thinking that way.

gojelena!
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:58 PM
shame!
but im sure the injury isnt serious, her body was bound to react sometime after not playing for so long, but still hope she'll get a wildcard of some sorts for the Aussie open!

Just Do It
Dec 19th, 2007, 04:33 PM
JELENA DOKIC has been forced to retire hurt from the quarter-finals of the Australian Open wild-card play-offs, putting her place in the January Grand Slam event in jeopardy.

Jelena Dokic in action during the Australian Open wildcard playoff at the Tennis Centre . Picture: Michael Potter
Exactly 24 hours after Mark Philippoussis, another former top-10 player aiming to lift himself back up the rankings, withdrew because of injury, Dokic was also struck down by a leg complaint.

While Dokic cannot win a wild-card into the Australian Open via the play-offs, tournament director Craig Tiley still has three discretionary women's singles cards up his sleeve.

"A decision on the discretionary wild-cards will be made later in the summer based on performance and, of course, with our youth policy in mind," Tiley said.

Unlike Philippoussis, Dokic, 24, does not require surgery.

During the second set of her quarter-final yesterday against Victoria's Olivia Rogowska, Dokic called for the trainer to check on her left thigh.

She had the upper leg heavily bandaged as she has played three back-to-back matches this week, the most competitive tennis she has played in a year.

Trailing 6-3 and 3-1, Dokic was forced to retire and left the court in distress.

However, a Tennis Australia spokesman said that, with intensive treatment combined with rest, Dokic's summer would not be ruined.

She has already contacted organisers of the WTA's Hobart International, starting on January 6, to request a wild-card for the qualifying tournament two days before competition begins.

"She would have been given a wild-card into the main draw but she wants to play as many matches as possible, so she has opted to go through qualifying first," the TA spokesman said.

Meanwhile, Philippoussis gave a strong indication yesterday he would find it a tough mental battle to come back from yet another knee injury.

But he refused to say he would retire.

"I'm not thinking about a comeback at the moment," Philippoussis said outside his Melbourne home.

He aggravated his right knee at the wild-card play-offs on Tuesday.

"I'm just going to be thinking about spending time with my family, spending time at home and then assessing things -- you know, where life will lead me and what direction I want to take and whether I'll be going again," he said.

"And I'll be honest, you've got to understand it's more a mental battle getting back from injury after injury."

* World No8 Richard Gasquet of France has been forced to withdraw from the Adelaide International starting next week, which makes Lleyton Hewitt the tournament's top seed as the next-highest ranked player, at No21.

Gasquet is battling a knee injury, which he hopes will only delay the start of the new season.

He is also entered for the Sydney International the week after Adelaide.

Gasquet's absence benefits another Frenchman as 2004 Adelaide finalist Michael Llodra will move into the main draw.

After reading this I think she will get it. But she should ask for MDWC for Hobart, damn !!

ce
Dec 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
no she shouldnt
she should play as many matches as she can ;)

King Aaron
Dec 19th, 2007, 05:57 PM
:sad: :sad: So sad to hear she was crying. :(

Get well soon Jelena, work hard and continue your comeback! :kiss:

Uranium
Dec 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
sooo smart to play Hobart qualifying :yeah:

LCS
Dec 19th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I think it's the right call to ask for a qualies WC. Get well soon Jelena!!

Ben.
Dec 19th, 2007, 09:20 PM
think its good that jelena is going to the hard yards by starting in hobart qualies:)

Dokic Pierce
Dec 19th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Yes Hobart qualies is a great idea for Jelena but I'm still hoping for a main draw WC for the Oz Open ;)