PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong- JB Group Classic 2008

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 12th, 2007, 02:58 AM
http://www.jbgroupclassic.com/tournament_03.php

Langers
Dec 13th, 2007, 06:33 AM
So what's her plans after this tournament? Sydney or straight to Melbourne?

Dexter
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah, she will play Sydney as usually.

As much as I don't pay attention to exos, the one in Hong Kong is clearly the most prominent of them all. Good that Ana has a tough draw (even though she's seeded #1). I hope she play Venus again and if she can play well with no pressure on it might help her in their meetings in the future in the real tournaments.

Cp6uja
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:25 PM
If we look all players against who Ana played so far more than once in her career - she never beat only three players: Henin (0-3), Venus Williams (0-4) and Dementieva (0-2). In first round she will play against Elena and in 2nd probably against Venus. EXO matches is not counted in official stats but for her confidence before AO will be very good if she beat they both in Hong Kong.

Dexter
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:26 AM
She's lost twice to Peer as well.

Cp6uja
Dec 15th, 2007, 10:56 PM
She's lost twice to Peer as well.I never count juniors, chalengers or FED CUP matches... especially when it's bad for Ana :devil:.

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 16th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Has she said anything about plans of playing doubles in 2008? Obviously shes playing double in this exo, but in the real tourneys?

Dexter
Dec 16th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Haven't heard a word about doubles for a long time.

Officinale
Dec 16th, 2007, 09:36 AM
The other thing is that I’m going to be playing less doubles. I had planned to play some tournaments with Maria Kirilenko but now I decided that I need to focus more on singles. Doubles is great fun, but it can cause problems for singles, especially when there is a rain delay, or you need extra recovery time.

The worst thing would be if I had to withdraw from the doubles competition during a Grand Slam, because I was tired and needed to rest for singles – I would feel very bad, letting down a partner like that. Actually I would play anyway out of obligation, and that would not be a good situation.

So I decided it was best not to commit to anything. Maria and I are good friends and she also thinks it’s a good decision.

That was from her diary entry in june... http://www.anaivanovic.com/index.php?path=diary&yearmonth=2007-06&detailpage=166

but "less" doesn´t mean "no more"...

forever young
Dec 16th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I don't think Venus does something special to beat Ana. I guess it's a little bit mental because Ana just does not play the way she plays usually vs. Vanus :(

serenaforever
Dec 20th, 2007, 08:59 PM
go Ana!! :] <3 :bounce::banana:

Langers
Dec 22nd, 2007, 12:48 AM
I don't think Venus does something special to beat Ana. I guess it's a little bit mental because Ana just does not play the way she plays usually vs. Vanus :(
She doesn't like the power Venus generates, not used to the balls coming back so fast and it cramps her.

Dec 23rd, 2007, 09:11 PM
Hoping Ana has a fantastic start to the season

Dec 25th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Is it true that Ana signed a new contract with Yonex?

BuTtErFrEnA
Dec 27th, 2007, 01:26 PM
hope there's a good tournie for ana :)

PerfectForm
Dec 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Hey guys! Im looking forward to seeing Ana live. Hopefully, I'd be able to get some great pics to share :)

forever young
Dec 27th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Is it true that Ana signed a new contract with Yonex?
Well I hope it is not true. I don't like the idea of Ana wearing something ugly like the dresses Dementieva shows :tape: :tape:

dybbuk
Jan 1st, 2008, 06:28 PM
Ana plays her doobz tonight/tommorow .

6:00pm:
Opening Ceremony (All Players Present)

Followed by (approx 6:30pm):
Singles Quarter Final (Best of 3 tie-break sets)
Maria Sharapova vs. Caroline Wozniacki

Followed by:
30 – 45 Minutes Break

Followed by:
Doubles (One 8 game Pro-Set)
Ana Ivanovic & Peng Shuai vs.
Elena Dementieva & Michelle Larcher de Brito

Ana plays singles Thursday.

dybbuk
Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:51 AM
Of course not something to be happy about, but I am assuming Jankovic won't play Sydney now, so if she doesn't Ana will be No.3 the first Monday of the Aussie Open. :)

MagicMilan
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
Good luck Anci :D
Have an even better season :rocker2:

dybbuk
Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Demented/Burrito d Ana/Peng 8-2 :spit:

Reese_x
Jan 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
at least out of all the yonex bags Ana picked the one i thought was the only decent one hah..
i really dont like the broadcasting of this classic... the court is green so u cant see the ball..
for once we get good live coverage apart from grandslams and its terrible :S

Officinale
Jan 2nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
Well I hope it is not true. I don't like the idea of Ana wearing something ugly like the dresses Dementieva shows :tape: :tape:

it is pretty sure that ana signed with yonex, but only regarding the rackets.
there were some articles about it and she played in hong kong with yonex, but on her own site, there is still nothing official.

Dexter
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Bless her, Ana 46 61 36. :hug: I watched a bit of 3rd set and Ana made some laughable errors, she wasn't really into the match. She should go back to Australia asap.

sarthak
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
hey guys ivanovic lost against dementiva i mean how the shit is dis possible she lost i cant believe it yaaar shee should i won in india the matches from semifinal onwards wer going to be telecast but damn i wont be able to see her any more damn damn http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=2e28378058cfb8b47d84fe6e726e3b73-getty-tennis-hkg&prov=getty

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I just watched the doubles, she didnt seem to be enjoying that much at all. I take it the singles was pretty sloppy. Better here than Sydney.

sarthak
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:05 PM
hey guys she is trailing 1-4 in the first set to peng shuai

sarthak
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:07 PM
hey guys ana lost to peng shuai also so wats wrong wid her guys better start practising hard ana or u will be in trouble at ao

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:04 PM
:clap2:

dybbuk
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I am both assuming and hoping today was just a tank? :lol: :tape:

Ajde Ana in Sydney.

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM
:tape:
She made it sound like she wanted to do well, i have to admit to having high expectations:o. It still makes for a nervous start to year though, but can take some comfort in Vaidisovas start to 2007. One difference though for Ana is that Vaidisova had a 1st rnd in Sydney.

Vaidisova in 07:
Hong Kong-loss to Dementieva ,loss to Yan
Sydney- Sf
AO- SF

Dexter
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Who cares about stupid exos...

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Yeah maybe she is just taking it easy :unsure:

As long as she makes it to Sydney and is fit and healthy I am happy :D

Langers
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Care factor for this tournament? Zero.

Who cares that she lost, this tourny means nothing and you watch her dominate in Sydney.

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Be honest, you guys care. :o 5 losses in a row, 3 exo's or not..I hardly believe the excuses.

Damn right she'll dominate Sydney.:devil:

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Be honest, you guys care. :o Honestly, I do not.

Reese_x
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:38 AM
just wondering... do u think the fact that ana didn't play at her best in hong kong had anything to do with the change in racquets from wilson to yonex? i mean ana has been using wilson for ages...

jackbauer
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:51 AM
COME ON ANA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claudio :wavey:

forever young
Jan 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
it is pretty sure that ana signed with yonex, but only regarding the rackets.
there were some articles about it and she played in hong kong with yonex, but on her own site, there is still nothing official.

THANK GOD :worship: