PDA

View Full Version : who will receive the wc's for ao 08?

martin white
Dec 11th, 2007, 12:55 PM
1 agreement with ftf
2.agreement with the usta
3 monique adamczak
4sophie ferguson
5jessica moore
6winner of wc play off
7christina wheeler, but probably won't get it
8 lauren breadmore,nicole kriz these are my pics

OZTENNIS
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:12 AM
No way Breadmore or Kriz will get wildcards :spit: be serious!!
Wheelz won't get one either...IMO

Dokic, Gajdosova, Moore, Adamczak and Ferguson are my 5 picks

Harvs
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:43 AM
i agree with ur list Zak. altho as much as i love jarka, i think it would be unfair for her to get a WC (unless winning playoffs) straight away.

Harvs
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:44 AM
but yeh i think she will get one anyways

Chpstk30
Dec 12th, 2007, 08:51 AM
dokic, ferguson, moore, adamczak, gajdosova

Tennis-Chick
Dec 12th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I hope Jelena wins the playoff so people can't bitch and say she got it unfairly.

kittyking
Dec 15th, 2007, 05:48 AM
I hope Jelena wins the playoff so people can't bitch and say she got it unfairly.

People bitched after she won it last time :tape:

Moore, Adamczak, Dokic, Ferguson and Gajdosova should get the maindraw wildcards although if neither of these girls win the current Maindraw wildcard playoff it would certainly make things interesting

monster
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:27 PM
1 agreement with ftf
2.agreement with the usta- Maddy Brengle
3Asia Winner - Iroda (yeah!!)
4 monique adamczak (got to 2nd rnd last year and then has solid year)
5sophie ferguson (still considered a hope- good win in GC over sugiyama, career hight rank)
6jessica moore (strong junior- won $25 ITF)
Above guarenteed
6-8 will be out of Gadjosova & Dokic I'd say- the winner of the WC playof will prob be one of those

QD Wc's-
I reckon in order of certainty
1. Holland
2. Peers
3. D Dominikovic
4. Wheeler (if she doesn't get direct entry)
5. Bai
6. Wlorderak (spell check)]
Not sure about the others......the Junior Champ WC won't be taken by Brengle as she won the MD Wc

kittyking
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Monster - incase you dont already know Brittany Sheed is already guaranteed a quali wildcard...

monster
Dec 17th, 2007, 02:31 AM
thanks kittyking- didn't know

kittyking
Dec 17th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Also Dani D pulled out of the playoff tournament with an apparant foot injury, so her chances of a quali wildcard are pretty much nil.

Im stil hoping that Marija will get a wildcard, she did well to win a match here last year

CooCooCachoo
Dec 20th, 2007, 12:07 PM
French WC:

Mathilde Johansson

http://lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2007/20071219_173916Dev.html

OZTENNIS
Dec 21st, 2007, 04:57 AM
Christina Wheeler won the playoff...and is the first Aussie wildcard recipient :cool:

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 21st, 2007, 08:28 AM
Not sure about the others......the Junior Champ WC won't be taken by Brengle as she won the MD Wc

Brengle didnt win it.
Pavlyuchenkova was AO jr champ........ she really should have got in on her own rank :mad:

Just Do It
Dec 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM
Hopefully Dokic gets MDWC.

Jorn
Dec 21st, 2007, 02:23 PM
Dokic wants no wildcard favours

December 21, 2007

JELENA Dokic says she would prefer to play the Australian Open qualifying tournament rather than receive a free pass into the main draw.

The former world No.4 has been tipped to get a wildcard into the main draw for next month's tournament after injury stalled her progress through the wildcard playoff tournament this week.

Dokic pulled out of her match against 16-year-old Olivia Rogowska at Melbourne Park with a minor thigh injury while trailing midway through the second set.

The 24-year-old blamed lack of match practice on the injury, and said she would be better served playing the qualifying tournament prior to the Open to get further matches under her belt.

"I would rather play qualifying. That would suit me better overall for my game," Dokic said.
-
-
-

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 21st, 2007, 02:41 PM
Good decision, Jelena! :)

Experimentee
Dec 22nd, 2007, 07:50 AM
This is what I think will happen

Main draw:

1 Mathilde Johnasson
2.Madison Brengle
3. Iroda Tulyganova
4. Monique Adamczak
5. Sophie Ferguson
6. Jessica Moore
7. Christina Wheeler
8. Jarmila Gajdosova

Qualifying:

1. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
2. Jelena Dokic
3. Isabella Holland
4. Marija Mirkovic
5. Alison Bai
6. Alenka Hubacek
7. Olivia Rogowska
8. Brittany Sheed

Though I think Hewson should get a Q WC instead of Hubacek, but I think she won't because she isnt a teenager!

OZTENNIS
Dec 22nd, 2007, 08:23 AM
Hope Olivia gets a main draw wildcard :)

Jorn
Dec 22nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
Is it for sure Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova get a Quali wildcard? (As 2007 Junior Champs)

CooCooCachoo
Dec 22nd, 2007, 07:30 PM
Wise decision from Dokic.

polishprodigy
Dec 26th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Does Dokic have to rely on a Qualy WC or can she use a special rank?

polishprodigy
Dec 26th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Dokic wants no wildcard favours

December 21, 2007 JELENA Dokic says she would prefer to play the Australian Open qualifying tournament rather than receive a free pass into the main draw.
The former world No.4 has been tipped to get a wildcard into the main draw for next month's tournament after injury stalled her progress through the wildcard playoff tournament this week.

Dokic pulled out of her match against 16-year-old Olivia Rogowska at Melbourne Park with a minor thigh injury while trailing midway through the second set.

The 24-year-old blamed lack of match practice on the injury, and said she would be better served playing the qualifying tournament prior to the Open to get further matches under her belt.

"I would rather play qualifying. That would suit me better overall for my game," Dokic said.

"The harder I'm made to work early on, the easier later on it will be to get up the rankings.

"(The injury) was from not playing a lot of tennis.

"You do as much as you can in practice but lack of matchplay is difficult."

With Dokic not possessing a current world ranking, she will require a wildcard for any lead-up tournaments she wants to play, or be forced to go through qualifying for those as well.

The Hobart International early next month shapes as her most likely lead-up ahead of the Open, though much of the main draw of that event clashes with the Australian Open qualifying tournament.

Dokic is confident the injury won't hamper her comeback, saying she expected to be back on the practice court within two days.

Australian Open boss Craig Tiley confirmed there were four remaining discretionary wildcards in the women's main draw, and three for the men's tournament.

He reiterated young Australian players, and those Aussies who have had good years in 2007 would be at the top of the wildcard handout list.

But he would not rule out a wildcard for Dokic, whom he praised for her attempts to return to the game.

"It's been fun to watch her making strides with her tennis," Tiley said.

"This is a serious comeback. She's doing it the right way. She's not expecting anything. She's going out to make things happen."

Tiley said the final decision on Australian Open wildcards was likely to be made by the first week of January.

Meanwhile, Victorian Christina Wheeler won a wildcard into the Open, beating Rogowska in straight sets in the women's playoff final at Melbourne Park.

Wheeler ended the 16-year-old's dream week with a 6-0, 6-4 win to take the spot on offer for the tournament winner in the main draw.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22959359-23216,00.html

polishprodigy
Dec 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Mirkovic in my opinion is a sure bet for qualies, as she has q2 to defend from last year!

Mana
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Kiwi Sacha Jones has been given a qualifying WC :eek:

kittyking
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Yay! The Rumours Were Indeed True!!!

Pasta-Na
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:53 PM
zheng jie probably will get one :p

Mforensic
Jan 6th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I say give it to a Brit!

HenryMag.
Jan 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
zheng jie probably will get one :p

Can't she enter with her Protected Ranking??

Jorn
Jan 6th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Wildcards Maindraw:

MD USA Wildcard - Madison BRENGLE USA
MD ASIAN Wildcard - Iroda TULYAGANOVA UZB
MD French Wildcard - Mathilde JOHANSSON FRA
MD Aussia Wildcard - Christina WHEELER AUS

MD Wildcard - Monique ADAMCZAK AUS
MD Wildcard - Jarmila GAJDOSOVA AUS
MD Wildcard - Sofia FERGUSON AUS
MD Wildcard - Jessica MOORE AUS

Qualifying Wildcards: