PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions about tickets for AO

Mattographer
Nov 30th, 2007, 12:40 AM
I'm so sick of Sydney and want to get away for a while and I'm thinking about going to Melbourne in January with my friends.

I was wondering if tickets for Vodafone Arena are limited? Can I go to the ticket booth on the day or I need to book a ticket in advance?

Many thanks! :)

eck
Nov 30th, 2007, 12:52 AM
No, you get the Day Pass thingy.
If you want good seats (ie autographs), be there queuing up around 8 AM. I think the booth opens at 8:30AM, so you can get tickets there.

Although, I'd advise you to come either before 10, or after 10. Not during 10, because the queue to get in is pretty massive. I think play starts at 11? So if you really hate wasting time, go there around 10:45, but seats will probably be not as good. And by 10, when you enter the arena, there is likely someone there training. You can ask an autograph if they are nice to give one.

Mattographer
Nov 30th, 2007, 01:00 AM
OK, thanks. I'm not looking for players to sign autographs since I'm 22 :lol: Too old for ask an autograph ;) I'm more like taking pictures :cool:

Oh yeah, do they allow people bring cameras? :confused:

Dan23
Nov 30th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah you can bring a camera...as long as its not one with a massive lens. If you keep it discrete then you can usually get away with getting a good size camera in.

Vodafone Arena is good for taking photos especially if you can get in the front section of seats courtside.....but obviously since its first come first serve in the GP section, those seats go first. You can usually manage to sneak a good seat down there if you move in between matches when everyone is up and about :cool:

aussie_fan
Nov 30th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Ground Pass doesn't get you into vodafone anymore, sadly. They changed for 2008. So I would assume if you were getting tickets for Vodafone on the day they probably will be bad seats or be already sold out.

Willam
Nov 30th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Yeah you can bring a camera...as long as its not one with a massive lens. If you keep it discrete then you can usually get away with getting a good size camera in.

Vodafone Arena is good for taking photos especially if you can get in the front section of seats courtside.....but obviously since its first come first serve in the GP section, those seats go first. You can usually manage to sneak a good seat down there if you move in between matches when everyone is up and about :cool:

I did that at the Grandstand and the Armstrong and that was great and fun :lol:

eck
Nov 30th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Ground Pass doesn't get you into vodafone anymore, sadly. They changed for 2008. So I would assume if you were getting tickets for Vodafone on the day they probably will be bad seats or be already sold out.

Really?
I didn't know that.
A bigger reason for me not to go this year. :rolleyes:
I hate how they keep increasing the prices for Ground Pass... and now this?

The only thing they really prohibit is canned stuff (ie. dangerous items)

NeeemZ
Nov 30th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Really?
I didn't know that.
A bigger reason for me not to go this year. :rolleyes:
I hate how they keep increasing the prices for Ground Pass... and now this?

The only thing they really prohibit is canned stuff (ie. dangerous items)

Ground Pass hasn't increased for 2008. It went up from 27 to 29 this year, but it's staying the same for 2008 as well.

DutchieGirl
Nov 30th, 2007, 10:38 AM
It sucks that Voda is all reserved seating now. But then I guess I never went there that often anyway so...but it's a pain if there are people you wanna watch there, and only have a ground pass or RLA ticket. :(

Langers
Nov 30th, 2007, 11:19 AM
It sucks that Voda is all reserved seating now. But then I guess I never went there that often anyway so...but it's a pain if there are people you wanna watch there, and only have a ground pass or RLA ticket. :(
Agreed, this is a pretty poor move on behalf of Tennis Australia.

The ground pass is becoming less attractive each year, when it was a great value for money ticket not long ago. Can't believe they have reserved seating in Vodafone.

Money, money, money. :o

Mattographer
Nov 30th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Look like I'll get Ground Pass... poor me under the sun all day :o :lol:

eck
Nov 30th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Ground Pass hasn't increased for 2008. It went up from 27 to 29 this year, but it's staying the same for 2008 as well.

It was 25 in 04, 26 in 05 (ithink), 27 in 06 (ithink), and 29 07/08. It has consistenly risen.

Organisers are gonna get a headache if there is some heatwave or rain :lol:

Langers
Nov 30th, 2007, 02:07 PM
It was 25 in 04, 26 in 05 (ithink), 27 in 06 (ithink), and 29 07/08. It has consistenly risen.

Organisers are gonna get a headache if there is some heatwave or rain :lol:
Don't you get your money back though if there isn't more than like an hours play, or doesn't that apply to ground passes? I had a ground pass for the Saturday of week 1 this year and it rained out, they said they would refund us or give us another ticket but we were leaving that day and as a result didn't get a thing in return. I'm confusing myself and surely others here. :lol:

DutchieGirl
Nov 30th, 2007, 08:09 PM
You do supposedly get at least the chance of swapping your ticket to another day if there is les than 1-2 hours play, but there again I think it's still up to the discretion of the tourney. Thankfully I don't have the headache of worrying which tickets to buy. :p