PDA

View Full Version : I am playing in a tournament this weekend!

tennisbuddy12
Nov 30th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Tournament Home (http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/TournamentHome/Tournament.aspx?T=55071)

Im playing another tournament. I am playing Boys 16 sinles and doubles (with my twin, KevRulz09).

Here is a little cheering thread I always have when Im playing an event.

My backhand is my strongest shot and my forehand can break down. My movement is good for my weight :lol: but yeah...
Hope I do weel...Its a stacked event and there A LOT of good players in my draw.

Medina
Nov 30th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Good Luck to my favourite 2 americans :lol: !!

Is your twin also entering Singles?

tennisbuddy12
Nov 30th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Good Luck to my favourite 2 americans :lol: !!

Is your twin also entering Singles?

Yeah...

Medina
Nov 30th, 2007, 01:35 AM
well gl Joey and Oh i foget your brothers name

(dont chuck a me, got a code vialation yesterday for breaking one of my racquets [didnt help i was on center court])

RJWCapriati
Nov 30th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Good luck to you both!

Bingain
Nov 30th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Good luck, tennisbuddy12.

What tourney is it?

tennisbuddy12
Nov 30th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Good luck, tennisbuddy12.

What tourney is it?

its a USTA jr. event...i put the tournament home up...
and Medina,
his name is Kevin (hence KevRulz09)

Medina
Nov 30th, 2007, 02:20 AM
its a USTA jr. event...i put the tournament home up...
and Medina,
his name is Kevin (hence KevRulz09)

Ah yes Very self explanitory

CoCoV
Nov 30th, 2007, 03:20 AM
:worship: :worship: GOOOO JOEY AND KEV!!!! :worship: :worship:

plantman
Nov 30th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Here's some great pointers! Good luck to you and your brother!:)

Three Elements of Justine Henin
Make three elements of her complete game work for you.

By Paul Annacone
Photos by Getty Images

1. Be aware of your court positioning.

Many club players struggle to choose the right moments to be aggressive. This often boils down to smart shot selection, a discipline in which Justine Henin excels. She rarely pulls the trig-ger on a backhand down the line unless she has time to set up and is in a position to crack it. Henin recognizes when her opponent has hit a weak shot and uses her foot speed and athleticism to take the ball early and attack. She’s just as aggressive with her feet in these situ-ations as she is with her strokes. You should try to get on top of or inside the baseline before you go on the offensive. If you’re deep in the court, hit a rally ball and wait for a beter opportunity to unload. Playing with that kind of re-straint will help increase your winners and reduce your errors.

2. Use your serve offensively.

Henin is the shortest woman in the Top 10 but she serves remarkably well. She has sound and consistent mechanics and a loose arm, which helps her get surprising pop on the ball. Her second serve, which can be streaky at times, is also dif? cult for her op-ponents to attack. Still, Henin is not an overpow-ering server. What makes her delivery so effective is her ability to move the ball around the box in or-der to start the point on her terms. She’ll slide a serve out wide, stretch-ing her opponent into the doubles alley, and then drive her next ball into the open court to take com-mand of the rally. Henin goes for a one-two punch rather than trying to hit an ace. It’s simple but ex-tremely potent when ex-ecuted properly. And for the club player without an overwhelming serve, it’s a great way to turn your delivery into a real asset.

3. Add versatility to your weapon.

While her fore-hand is very powerful, Henin’s one-hand-ed backhand is her signature stroke, primarily because she can do so much with it. She can slice the ball, hit a deep, high roller or a flat, penetrat-ing drive, and even carve out a delicate drop shot. With all this variation, Henin keeps her opponents off-balance and usually draws errors or short balls that allow her to be more aggressive. So many players, even at the pro level, seem to hit their best shot at one speed—all out. Remem-ber, not every ball has to be blasted. Changing spins, speeds, and heights is extremely valuable. You may have a huge forehand, but if you hit it the same way every time, your opponents will establish a good rhythm returning it. Add some variety and you’ll make that stroke more of a weapon than it already is.

kittyking
Nov 30th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Another good pointer - no sex while on tour or you may be banned for upto 6 months :eek:

Direwolf
Nov 30th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Don't forget to create those massive angles...
even without power, they will leave your opponents helpless...

It would be great if you n your twin reaches the finals in both competition you enter...

Dont forget to post the results, or have a massage...

azza
Nov 30th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Lose 6-0 6-0

KTHXBYE.

markhingis
Nov 30th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I'm also playing tournament this weekend :) But it's an amateur one! It's being played on clay, my less liked surface, but we'll see ;)

DimaDinosaur
Nov 30th, 2007, 08:45 AM
"You sexy boy......ohhhh you sexy boy" - Fantasia

the doctor
Nov 30th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Good luck guys

CiuMH
Nov 30th, 2007, 08:59 AM
I just played my match (college tournament). yesterday i played boy single, and i lost 2-6 after up 2-0.i am really good in choking.

Today, i am choking again. In double we lost 5-7 after lead 5-3 Adv. We throw 5 match point. my bad.really sad, and angry for a while.
But, it's just a game.Win/Lost, it's a common condition.
consistency is the key. try to focus all the time, okay...

good luck..

justine schnyder
Nov 30th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Good luck both of you!! :banana:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Nov 30th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Good luck Guys :rocker:

Aaron.
Nov 30th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Oh shit that is in georgia I might go there and see you play :p

tennisbuddy12
Nov 30th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Oh shit that is in georgia I might go there and see you play :p

hey you can if you want...its free :lol: its about 2 and a half hrs from lawrenceville though.

Bingain
Nov 30th, 2007, 05:59 PM
The only thing I can offer is an experience I still can remember clearly 10 years later.

It was a friendly, kind of, match. I drove my opponent way off of his deuce court, came into the net, hit a drive volley into the empty court, and it went a little too long. He chuckled at me and told me I didn't have to hit the volley so deep. "I was done, anyway," he told me in a friendly manner.

That shot, plus the fact that he'd reminded me, had troubled me for the entire match, and I lost it horrendously. So, dude, move on after each point, irrespective of you've won it or lost it.

dawid
Nov 30th, 2007, 07:30 PM
good luck!

tennisbuddy12
Dec 1st, 2007, 01:50 AM
We lost 4-8 in doubles...We had some nerves (on Kevins end) and i made errors....It was rough after the match with fighting....Off to a weet 16...im fashionably late....my almost 2 hours :lol:

GracefulVenus
Dec 1st, 2007, 02:10 AM
I play my 5th event of the year next Friday! The Case Ole Winter Classic in Pasadena, Texas. USTA Sactioned Tournament - 100 points.

mckyle.
Dec 1st, 2007, 03:49 AM
I miss playing competitive tennis :sad:

Hurry up February :bounce:

kittyking
Dec 1st, 2007, 04:04 AM
I miss playing competitive tennis :sad:

Hurry up February :bounce:

Thats not true

mckyle.
Dec 1st, 2007, 04:06 AM
Thats not true

oh. thanks.

tennisbuddy12
Dec 1st, 2007, 05:08 PM
We are on our way to the tournament......about 10 min from the site.....will talk after the matches

Willam
Dec 1st, 2007, 08:11 PM
I miss aslo competitive tennis... In january is the first tourney here... i hope :scared:

Willam
Dec 1st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Joey (TennisBuddy12) lost 0-6 0-6 :drool:
Kevin (KevRulz09) lost 0-6 6-7 :bigclap: a TB! :p

Good effort guys :hug:

Elwin.
Dec 1st, 2007, 08:22 PM

:weirdo: :help:

tennisbuddy12
Dec 1st, 2007, 11:36 PM
I lost my second match 2 and 0..never go to a buffet. I got sick and could have done better. Kevin is down 4 and 2-5 and he is pissed so he's about to finish......it was a good evebt with rtiugh players...on blackberry so will say some more when I get home

tennisbuddy12
Dec 2nd, 2007, 12:51 AM
I had to play VERY tough players and I gave it my all.
The kid said i lost 2 and 1 so ill take that :lol:

Kevin.
Dec 2nd, 2007, 01:41 AM
my match reports :lol:

MD match 0-6,6-7(3)
The kid was a former top player in the 14s i mean his rank was 128 in July, so i knew i was goona lose so i just had fun. I lost the first seven games, the first two went to deuce then her steamrolled. Then i jsut relaxed and had some water and i was on fire with my slice after that. went up 6-5 and doubles faulted my first two points :lol: i broguht it to 30-40 form 0-40. ( i was also down 06 35 0-40). The tirbreak, which i usually lose them , i wanted to win more than 3 points and i lost 7-3, he was on fire. but a little snotty. wanted to choke him :lol:

Consolation lost 4-6,3-6.
THE KID WAS HARD. HUGE SERVE and forehand. I was lucky to get a game ( iwent down 02) at 0-2 he served 4 df's in a row :o and i got a game, then i lost to go doen 1-3 then i won 4 gmaes in a roll then I completely lost it from there. He screwed me up with teh score and it hurt me, it should have been 5-5. Whatever. I got him back. Both my matches were full of cheaters. lol. i was throwin my racket and yellin, surprised i didnt get a code violation haha.then Joey came to get me water when my opponent was servin and he hit a fault and since he disrupted play he had to re-do it and he almsot got an ace. which threw my concentration off and eventually lost a few minutes later. My serve was on fire in both matches. (I later found out he was ranked 99 in GA, which means hes the 2nd-highest ranked opponent i have ever faced, and I could have won this match.)

Both matches, i got cramps especially in my first match. he made my fat butt run hard.

Overall, I played great and it was one of my best tournaments playing wise, It was frustrating to lose, but you win some and you lose some. Im over it now.

Also, thank you Miss Coco Vandeweghe for the good luck :D and also everyone else THANK YOU!

Kevin.
Dec 2nd, 2007, 04:57 AM
my match report which is very long is edited :D

gorecki
Dec 2nd, 2007, 05:16 AM
all the best to the two of you in future events :)

Willam
Dec 2nd, 2007, 05:37 AM
I predicted the scores :angel:

markhingis
Dec 2nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
I won 2 matches-first 6-2,7-6 ,second 6-3,6-4 and then I lost 4-6,4-6 trailin 2-5 in both sets, but couldn't make it 5 all:( My serve let me down :(

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 2nd, 2007, 09:54 AM
I won 2 matches-first 6-2,7-6 ,second 6-3,6-4 and then I lost 4-6,4-6 trailin 2-5 in both sets, but couldn't make it 5 all:( My serve let me down :(

Awesome wins! Tougl luck on the loss :hug:

Kevin.
Dec 2nd, 2007, 03:06 PM
good try though :hug:

RR-87
Dec 2nd, 2007, 03:58 PM

:bigcry: better luck next time :hug:

Russianboy
Dec 2nd, 2007, 05:59 PM