PDA

View Full Version : Paszek And Coach Splits

Marcell
Nov 29th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Tamira Paszek and coach Larri Passos have parted, concluding a partnership that spanned nearly two years and saw the 16-year-old Austrian rise from No. 365 to a career-high rank of No. 35 following her run to the Wimbledon round of 16 in July. Under Passos' guidance, Paszek, who celebrates her 17th birthday next Thursday, won her first career title in Portoroz last year and advanced to the fourth round of the U.S. Open in September.

"It was a pleasure working with Tamira for these two years," said Passos, best known as the coach of three-time French Open champion Gustavo Kuerten. "I am happy that the mission I set myself to do was well done, but I felt the need to go for new challenges in my career. I believe in Tamira and so far she is in the right way."

Passos will continue coaching at his academy, the Instituto Larri Passos, in Santa Catarina, Brazil, and said he will consider other coaching offers as well.

Paszek, who constructs points with the confidence of a veteran, began working with Passos last year after her father phoned the Brazilian to request his services. Passos flew to Austria, was impressed with what he saw and has been working with Paszek since.

"He was one of the guys I was looking for, you know, a coach with a very big heart, big focus," Paszek said.

She signaled her status as a player with a promising future in 2006. As a 259th-ranked qualifier, Paszek won three rounds in qualifying to reach the main draw of the Tier IV Portoroz tournament then registered five more wins to become the seventh-youngest singles titlist in Sony Ericsson WTA Tour history at 15 years, 9 months and 18 days and the third lowest-ranked tournament champion in Tour history.

Tripp
Nov 29th, 2007, 04:28 PM
That's a loss for Tamira, I hope she can find someone who makes her fulfill her potential. Passos is a great coach and, as far as I know, a great guy, too.

andra
Nov 29th, 2007, 04:40 PM
:sad: sad news - he was good for her - hope she will find a good coach soon again and can go on, where she ended!!

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 29th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Richard and Oracene will be her new coaches

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2007, 04:53 PM
If I were her, I would look for someone who knows every aspect of serving mechanics.
At her height, an efficient service motion is very important.

Slumpsova
Nov 29th, 2007, 05:03 PM
:rolleyes:

Dexter
Nov 29th, 2007, 05:48 PM
:(. I hoped they would continue working together. Any news on who her next coach might be?

sfselesfan
Nov 29th, 2007, 05:52 PM
If she hired someone like Harold Solomon who coached Capriati to her slam titles in 2001 and was responsible for her comeback, she could be top five material by the beginning of next year. She needs a physical coach like Harold who suits her game style.

SF

danieln1
Nov 29th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Richard and Oracene will be her new coaches

Why put Richard into this, Oracene is enough for her! :rocker2:

Shvedbarilescu
Nov 29th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Huge loss for Tamira. I still think she has a good future but this news really does subtantially downgrade my expectations for Tamira over the next year. Hope she can find someone else good but coaches of that standard are far and few between.

*JR*
Nov 30th, 2007, 12:58 AM
If she hired someone like Harold Solomon who coached Capriati to her slam titles in 2001 and was responsible for her comeback, she could be top five material by the beginning of next year. She needs a physical coach like Harold who suits her game style.

SF
Ah, when Harold still had his dignity. (And dumped Jen as a client for regularly hitting the burger joints with then bf Malisse, who has a fast metabolism and burned it all off). After that, his next marquee client was Anna K. Who insisted on practicing in public a lot (where her silly worshippers could see her) and "played to the crowd" to sell more calendars, etc.

ViennaCalling
Nov 30th, 2007, 07:49 AM
:eek: Oh no - that's a huge loss :banghead:

I really hope she'll find a good coach and not an Austrian moron like our male Tennis Players :rolleyes: Maybe someone who can help her to get a serve :rocker2:

Tamira :hug: All the best for the next season!

the doctor
Nov 30th, 2007, 07:54 AM
:rolleyes: :confused:

DimaDinosaur
Nov 30th, 2007, 07:56 AM
ooooooooohhhh, this is bad. she will go downhill from here

ViennaCalling
Nov 30th, 2007, 07:57 AM
ooooooooohhhh, this is bad. she will go downhill from here

I have never read something intelligent from you. Troll :rolleyes:

svetaisthebest
Nov 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM
That is a loss for Tamira but she can regroup and find herself a new coach.Sometimes a change can do a player a lot of good.Good Luck Tamira !!!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Nov 30th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Huge Loss :sad: Lets hope she can find someone even better!!

ViennaCalling
Nov 30th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Roland Santos (Assistent Coach in the last 2 years) will be the new coach of Tamira. So i think she wont't leave Passos Academy totally :confused:

Langers
Nov 30th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Tamira Paszek and coach Larri Passos have parted, concluding a partnership that spanned nearly two years and saw the 16-year-old Austrian rise from No. 365 to a career-high rank of No. 35 following her run to the Wimbledon round of 16 in July. Under Passos' guidance, Paszek, who celebrates her 17th birthday next Thursday, won her first career title in Portoroz last year and advanced to the fourth round of the U.S. Open in September.

"It was a pleasure working with Tamira for these two years," said Passos, best known as the coach of three-time French Open champion Gustavo Kuerten. "I am happy that the mission I set myself to do was well done, but I felt the need to go for new challenges in my career. I believe in Tamira and so far she is in the right way."

Passos will continue coaching at his academy, the Instituto Larri Passos, in Santa Catarina, Brazil, and said he will consider other coaching offers as well.

Paszek, who constructs points with the confidence of a veteran, began working with Passos last year after her father phoned the Brazilian to request his services. Passos flew to Austria, was impressed with what he saw and has been working with Paszek since.

"He was one of the guys I was looking for, you know, a coach with a very big heart, big focus," Paszek said.

She signaled her status as a player with a promising future in 2006. As a 259th-ranked qualifier, Paszek won three rounds in qualifying to reach the main draw of the Tier IV Portoroz tournament then registered five more wins to become the seventh-youngest singles titlist in Sony Ericsson WTA Tour history at 15 years, 9 months and 18 days and the third lowest-ranked tournament champion in Tour history.
Very disappointing for Paszek. This isn't good. :(

*JR*
Nov 30th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Why don't ppl here use her nickname? (Its Mimi). She's been on my radar screen since she BTB in the 3rd Round of the USO this year. :yeah: