PDA

View Full Version : Svetlana Kuznetsova's 2008 schedule

laurie
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Hi, for those who are interested here's Svetlana's schedule for next season http://www.svetlanakuznetsovasite.com/Calendar.html

I've confirmed it with her agent. With injuries etc her schedule may change throughout the course of the year, like it did this year with her playing a couple of events she didn't originally intend to play. Also the Olympics may also be a factor. Plus as the season progresses, I will add any future Fed cup ties with Russia's participation keeping in mind they are favourites against israel in February. Cheers :wavey:

In The Zone
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:36 AM
No real surprises. She may not play Bali if Russia is in the Fed Cup Final.

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Lets get some titles next year.

Tennace
Nov 29th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Is Sveta the smartest top player schedule wise?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 29th, 2007, 04:13 AM

Till Wimbledon it's almost the same schedule as Ana, except for Charleston.

RJWCapriati
Nov 29th, 2007, 04:15 AM

I think Justine has the smartest schedule but not a bad one here either.

Rosslyn
Nov 29th, 2007, 04:39 AM
this schedule is a disaster

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2007, 11:04 AM
It's a lighter schedule before RG without Warsaw.

laurie
Nov 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM
this schedule is a disaster

Why do you call it a disaster?

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:03 PM
bravo Svetlana that you'll play in Israel for the fed cup ,

mashamaniac
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:56 PM
is it really a wise schedule??!! she's playing just a few weeks less than JJ did this year,that's so much adding YEC it'll be 22...

Ballbasher
Nov 29th, 2007, 01:30 PM
She should skip Beijing (China Open) this year as it's only a 16 Player Draw.

Sammm
Nov 29th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I think this is a very sensible schedule. She's playing all the Tier 1s, or at least most of them, and she'll mop up a lot of points there. I mean, why play Amerlia Island or Warsaw when there are 3 tier 1 tournaments to play in the clay season? In recent years a lot of tier 1s have been quite weak (Indian Wells, Charleston), which is weird, so its good that she's playing.

I think there is a very good chance that Sveta will stay at number 2 next year.

justine schnyder
Nov 29th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Nice schedule, but I'm sure she'll withdraw from few events.. I think Bali, Beijing and maybe Toronto..

shap_half
Nov 29th, 2007, 02:52 PM
There are some sprouts of intense playing in this sched. The MidEast to Miami swing is going to be pretty tiring (though I don't think there's anything she can do about that unless she skips the MidEast altogether -- which I highly doubt). That's 6 straight weeks of competitive tennis. I'm glad she's taking a long break after Wimbledon, but again Olympics, Toronto AND the USO is quite packed and then she's playing those two events after the USO. It also seems like a weird decision to play Beijing just a few weeks after the Olympics. She should probably just drop both of those tournaments and rest up for the end of the year.

laurie
Nov 29th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Nice schedule, but I'm sure she'll withdraw from few events.. I think Bali, Beijing and maybe Toronto..

Yes good point - this schedule is not gospel but an intention.

For instance if Russia get to the final of the Fed Cup she will not play Bali, and maybe miss a couple of other events along the way. This year she hadn't intended to play Indian Wells originally but got to the final so it was a worthwhile trip - but a very long one from Doha in such a short space of time.

As Svetlana gets older she will use her experience better.

Barpaw91
Dec 27th, 2007, 04:30 PM
ok thats right

Destiny
Dec 27th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Sensible schedule
go girl

Dec 27th, 2007, 06:24 PM
A pretty decent schedule

The Dawntreader
Dec 27th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I still think she doesnt have to play so many consecutive tournaments, especially around the clay-court season....

Anyway it's a much better schedule than say 2004, which left her totally wiped out physically for 2005:o

DimaDinosaur
Dec 27th, 2007, 06:28 PM
i can't wsit; she's my favoriter

OsloErik
Dec 27th, 2007, 07:08 PM
There are some sprouts of intense playing in this sched. The MidEast to Miami swing is going to be pretty tiring (though I don't think there's anything she can do about that unless she skips the MidEast altogether -- which I highly doubt). That's 6 straight weeks of competitive tennis. I'm glad she's taking a long break after Wimbledon, but again Olympics, Toronto AND the USO is quite packed and then she's playing those two events after the USO. It also seems like a weird decision to play Beijing just a few weeks after the Olympics. She should probably just drop both of those tournaments and rest up for the end of the year.

Bali and Beijing are always early to be added to the cutting room floor (too bad, since she always does well there), but the Mid East through Miami swing, while somewhat tiring, isn't as bad as it first looks. At both Indian Wells and Miami, any player with a seeding has 5 or 6 days off at the start of the tournament. The maindraw first round starts on a Wednesday, but the earliest the seeds play is Friday. It turns out to be a little lighter than it first looks.

As for Kuzzie, I think she really has developed a very workable schedule. It's built around a couple month-long swings of three tournaments, which is a good way to build momentum, and remains open enough that if she misses a swing of tournaments she can add events in other locations. It's not as straightforward and streamlined as some players, but she doesn't win as often as Justine, and so long as her health holds (which it mostly has) this is a fine schedule. She really likes those Tier I's!

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2007, 11:39 PM
This is a big year for Sveta because it's an Olympic year. Her brother won a silver medal in Atlanta for cycling. Sveta won Bejing in 2006, and had a championship point in 2004 after beating Sharapova 62 62. She's had success on that court.

Drake1980
Dec 28th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Nice looking schedule.

felipe2004
Dec 28th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Good schedule, but too many tournaments after US Open.