PDA

View Full Version : What is Lilia Osterloh's ethnicity??

Sabatinifan
Nov 28th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I've always wondered, is she mixed ethnicity, native-american???

*Jool*
Nov 28th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I think Philippines :scratch:
where's CrossCourtRally ? he'll know ;)

Pureracket
Nov 28th, 2007, 07:16 PM
While on a tennis court and loved by mainstream America, she's Asian-African American.

Without tennis talent, regular middle class job, standing in line @ Wal Mart in America, African American.

GoDominique
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Oh god.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Lilia is a member of the H U M A N race.

:rolleyes:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:09 PM
she is filipino like me and half-german is what it says here on this website

http://asapsports.mobi/interview/18152.html

Denise4925
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:14 PM
While on a tennis court and loved by mainstream America, she's Asian-African American.

Without tennis talent, regular middle class job, standing in line @ Wal Mart in America, African American.

:haha:

mckyle.
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:17 PM

Racist.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Lilia is a member of the H U M A N race.

:rolleyes:

the poster was asking for ethnicity. :rolleyes:

Pureracket
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:35 PM
:haha:LOL! You know it's true. Alex and some other really important people gave me huge red dots for this. :haha:

Denise4925
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
LOL! You know it's true. Alex and some other really important people gave me huge red dots for this. :haha:

LOL, I know it's true and don't understand why they were offended or why you were accused of being a racist. :confused: I don't see how what you said was racist. Some of these people baffle me. :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:05 PM

Now you know that's not true.
Alexandra Stevenson shops at Wal-Mart now and she's mixed and everyone knows it with those eyes of hers. :tape:

Pureracket
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Now you know that's not true.
Alexandra Stevenson shops at Wal-Mart now and she's mixed and everyone knows it with those eyes of hers. :tape:Take Tiger off the golf course....LOL!!!!! Who do you see?

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Take Tiger off the golf course....LOL!!!!! Who do you see?

Barack Obama's long lost half brother?

Pureracket
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Barack Obama's long lost half brother?Sure...sure. ;)

njnetswill
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I have quite the opposite opinion than Pureracket. I think that the mainstream media almost always ignores the fact that Tiger is partially Asian. The whole being part-Asian thing has been most promoted by Tiger himself.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:36 PM
the poster was asking for ethnicity. :rolleyes:

I knew that. I was just making fun of those who get uncomfortable when people ask about people's ethnicity...or religion...or sexuality...

:dance:

Pureracket
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I have quite the opposite opinion than Pureracket. I think that the mainstream media almost always ignores the fact that Tiger is partially Asian. The whole being part-Asian thing has been most promoted by Tiger himself.Actually, you're probably right.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I have quite the opposite opinion than Pureracket. I think that the mainstream media almost always ignores the fact that Tiger is partially Asian. The whole being part-Asian thing has been most promoted by Tiger himself.

:goingtomakepopcorn:

:timebomb:

njnetswill
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Actually, you're probably right.

I did not know if your post was a jab at Tiger or not, but I figured that was where you were going. :p

As for multiracial people, I think in general if you have some sub-Saharan African blood you are automatically labeled "black". My friend is half-Korean and half-black but no one at school would call her anything but black.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:49 PM
As for multiracial people, I think in general if you have some sub-Saharan African blood you are automatically labeled "black". My friend is half-Korean and half-black but no one at school would call her anything but black.

Do Koreans and other Asians accept your friend as Asian? Do these same Asians accept Tiger as Asian?

:D

Pureracket
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I did not know if your post was a jab at Tiger or not, but I figured that was where you were going. :p

As for multiracial people, I think in general if you have some sub-Saharan African blood you are automatically labeled "black". My friend is half-Korean and half-black but no one at school would call her anything but black.That's what I was talking about with the original question with Osterloh. I think, now that she's a tennis player with some measure of fame, her ethnicity becomes an issue.

However, whenever there is something common or "bad"(i.e. crime, poverty, disease), people tend to "fade to Black."*

*Apologies to Metallica.

Willam
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Peruvian? :lol:

Sabatinifan
Nov 29th, 2007, 01:46 AM
she is filipino like me and half-german is what it says here on this website

http://asapsports.mobi/interview/18152.html

Thanks.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 29th, 2007, 01:54 AM
I think Philippines :scratch:
where's CrossCourtRally ? he'll know ;)

Her mother is Filipino ( pacific islander ) and her father is caucasion ( german ) :bounce: ...:wavey:

kabuki
Nov 29th, 2007, 02:26 AM
:lol:

RJWCapriati
Nov 29th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Her mother is Filipino ( pacific islander ) and her father is caucasion ( german ) :bounce: ...:wavey:

lol I was waiting on you to post....I knew you were the only one who would know! :yeah:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 29th, 2007, 07:36 AM

Filipino is not pacific islander. Though I feel that everyone should have the freedom to declare whatever they want, I feel that most Filipinos who declare themselves to be and others who declare Filipinos to be pacific islanders only do so to either distance themselves from the Asian category and/or to further their uniqueness from other Asians. To be technical, the Philippines is part of the Asian subcontinent, just like countries like Japan and Taiwan, whose inhabitants do not call themselves Pacific Islanders. The Philippine government has declared itself part of ASIA. Filipinos are most closely related to the Ami of Taiwan. "Pacific Islander" more accurately describes people who are of OCEANIC (Oceania) heritage, because people of these cultures clearly originate from islands of the Pacific.

andrewC
Nov 29th, 2007, 10:18 PM

oh please. enough with the hard done by attitude!

Go Lilia :D