Direwolf
Nov 28th, 2007, 06:46 PM
:confused:
:confused: :confused:

you choose...
i mean.. its the first time since 2001
that neither sister has shown signs of
any MAJOR injury..

Venus says that she has been going to the gym everyday...
so...

pick an option from the polls..

Tennisation
Nov 28th, 2007, 06:49 PM
erhm...no, withdrawing from tournaments is old news now

Direwolf
Nov 28th, 2007, 06:51 PM
erhm...no, withdrawing from tournaments is old news now

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i think that Vee
will have a great year...
she'll break her own record again..

doni1212
Nov 28th, 2007, 06:51 PM
It won't be a shock, ;)

Direwolf
Nov 28th, 2007, 06:54 PM
It won't be a shock, ;)

i'll be proud if Venus beats
Jankovic-Serena-Justine in a row...

Michael!
Nov 28th, 2007, 07:13 PM
In 2008 Venus will be stronger than Serena! ;)
But this doesn´t mean that Vee will win many tournaments...:rolleyes:
For me it won´t be a shock if Venus doesn´t win a grand slam (same for Serena)
But it would be a shock, if Venus retires or doesn´t win a medal at the olympic games :scared:

Henpova
Nov 28th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I think they will have a ok year. I don't think they will ever be what they where.

Vincey!
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Ithink they won't win more than 4 tournments together :shrug:...and not necessary big ones if we look at which tournments Venus played this season :shrug:.

Tennisation
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Ithink they won't win more than 4 tournments together :shrug:...and not necessary big ones if we look at which tournments Venus played this season :shrug:.yes, combine they'll win a total of 4 tournaments, lets break it down...Serena = 0 titles, Venus = 4 titles, now lets break it down even further....Venus 4 titles = AO, FO, W, UO skipping the Olympics (Lindsay winning gold) & YEC :hearts:

AcesHigh
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:14 PM
They always seem to shock everyone since they've arrived on tour. Maybe only 1998 there was no major breakthrough, letdown, or controversy.

If they are both healthy, expect better results

Uranium
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:54 PM
:lol: doni and VSR voted for everything but last one.
Go VENUS in 2008, win 4 slams:bounce: :devil: :) :worship:

Groenefelder25
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:55 PM
whatever happens with the pair of them, i wont be shocked

chuvack
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
they are on the way down.

1 Slam for Serena, none for Venus.

moon
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:08 PM
You never know with Venus and Serena.
After AO 2007, I don't think anyone will be shocked by anything Serena does.
Venus, I think will shock some people in 2008.

Uranium
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:39 PM
they are on the way down.

1 Slam for Serena, none for Venus.

Oh hell to the na, tell me you did not just say that. stupidity hits a new level with you. Venus and Serena will DOMINATE 2008 in singles and doubles.:bounce: :worship: :devil: :)

-VSR-
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Venus is going to win Australian Open, French Open and the US Open. I think Serena is going to sneak Wimbledon away from Venus and the Olympic gold. Venus will win the YEC though and end the year at the #1 player in the world. Also, Venus is winning Miami over Serena.

Uranium
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Venus is going to win Australian Open, French Open and the US Open. I think Serena is going to sneak Wimbledon away from Venus and the Olympic gold. Venus will win the YEC though and end the year at the #1 player in the world. Also, Venus is winning Miami over Serena.

:bounce:

In The Zone
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Venus' game is really peaking. Her net play, serving and groundstrokes are finally being compacted into a solid game. She returned early in 2007 and had trouble finding her old form. Remember, her net play is not her foundation or habit. She needed to rebuild and find new form and finally, she has. It will be interesting to see how she does. 2008 Wimbledon -- I don't see anyone who can defeat her. Her game, ( as long as she isn't on Court 2 ), should smother anyone on the grass courts.

Serena -- :toothy: needs to lose 10 lbs, immediately. If she does, slams are obvious. She would have beaten Henin if not for her injured hand at Wimbledon and that's with the extra weight. She needs to lose weight and be more fit.

I only voted for Venus will be more successful. The other choices just are not realistic.

doni1212
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:33 AM
:lol: doni and VSR voted for everything but last one.
Go VENUS in 2008, win 4 slams:bounce: :devil: :) :worship:

:lol:

Oh hell to the na, tell me you did not just say that. stupidity hits a new level with you. Venus and Serena will DOMINATE 2008 in singles and doubles.:bounce: :worship: :devil: :)
:yeah:

VeeJJ
Nov 29th, 2007, 01:27 AM
i think that Venus will shock us the most because i think that Serena has lost that intensity that she used to have. But Venus, the veteran, i think that she could pull out at least two more grand slams and make it into the top three.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 29th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Venus got a hamstring injury playing with Regis

plantman
Nov 29th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Venus got a hamstring injury playing with Regis

:haha:

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 29th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Serena will win Olympics while Venus wins AO and FO!:p

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 29th, 2007, 03:13 PM
2 slams each :hatoff: (plus olympics and yec)

Petersmiler
Nov 29th, 2007, 06:23 PM
That's got to be one of the hardest questions you could ask, although you haven't provided a big enough variety of options. They could easily win everything in sight, and they could just as easily win very little. Nothing would suprise me, however I would be impressed and might raise an eyebrow if they achieved any of the first 7 options.

So I have to go with Venus being more successful. And even then you never know.

serenus_2k8
Nov 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM
If they want to they will clean house.

If they lack ambition they will just have a good year (both in top 10)

It anyones guess really but I think its going to be a Henin, Sharapova and Williams year - they are definitely my choices to be left standing in the Semis of the big tournys!

Tennisaddict
Nov 29th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Well Venus and Serena winning big titles isn't a shock to me because I know they can win anything. What would be a shock is if they did not win a title all year.

supergrunt
Nov 30th, 2007, 01:01 AM
funny how everyone doubts Serena :mad: