PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong- the draw

justine schnyder
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:00 AM
That's what I understood from Eurosport website..
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/27112007/58/wta-tour-duo-confirm-hong-kong-stop.html

Ivanovic vs Dementieva
V.Williams vs Peng
Chakvetadze vs Hantuchova
Sharapova vs Wozniaki

[Once again, easy draw for Sharapova :eek: :o )

esquímaux
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Allez Vee, Chaky, y Wozzy :bounce::bounce::bounce:

CORIA01
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:27 AM
It Will Not Be Easy For Ana But She Can Do It!

V-fan
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:31 AM
does anyone know if all singles players also play doubles?

Helaena
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:32 AM
wow! im excited to get back in tennis action...

justine schnyder
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:33 AM

I don't know, but Dementieva will play with Larcher de Borito

mashamaniac
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:59 AM
well given the way that masha played 3 weeks ago,all the draws will be easy for her as long as she plays fantastically good...no matter who's on her side,she's ready to beat anyone!

goldlion
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:59 AM
I hope I can manage to watch Masha's match as much as possible.

2/1 and hopefully 4-5/1.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Great draw :hearts:

azza
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Pratt :bounce:

iPatty
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I hope Peng wins one match.

So Disrespectful
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:55 AM
How boring that Daniela plays Chaky again. It feels like they've played a million times.

bruingirl
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Sharapova isn't playing doubles. Ivanovic is playing with Peng. Their first match is vs Dementieva/Larcher De Brito. V Williams/Wozniacki will play Hantuchova/Chakvetadze.

See http://www.jbgroupclassic.com/tournament_03.asp

V-fan
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Sharapova isn't playing doubles. Ivanovic is playing with Peng. Their first match is vs Dementieva/Larcher De Brito. V Williams/Wozniacki will play Hantuchova/Chakvetadze.

See http://www.jbgroupclassic.com/tournament_03.asp

Thanks......Wozniacki with Veee is an interesting couple.....

serena_venus4eva
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:50 AM
That's what I understood from Eurosport website..
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/27112007/58/wta-tour-duo-confirm-hong-kong-stop.html

Ivanovic vs Dementieva
V.Williams vs Peng
Chakvetadze vs Hantuchova
Sharapova vs Wozniaki

[Once again, easy draw for Sharapova :eek: :o ) Omg what a stupid comment, its an tournament exhibition:rolleyes: . Great venus and masha are playing:bounce:

Ellery
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Ana and Shuai :yeah: :bounce:

saint2
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:10 PM
How boring that Daniela plays Chaky again. It feels like they've played a million times.

Last time they played each other on summer...Chacky/Dani match>>>Justine/Serena match IMO.

justine schnyder
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Omg what a stupid comment, its an tournament exhibition:rolleyes: . Great venus and masha are playing:bounce:

But it's still an easy draw no? :p
Anyway, I wasn't too sirious about it because it was an exho...

Highlandman
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Peng is definitely a great test for first match of the year :yeah: Not too hard, but tough. That's what Venus need as first match :cool:

Next match vs Ivanovic or Dementieva? Well, if it's against Ivanovic, I'm not nervous, look at their last 3 matches and I don't know what Ana could have changed in her game to make a tougher match, against Dementieva it could be tricky.

It's all an exhibition, there you never know :p

Venus in doubles with Caroline? :eek: Definitely a very interesting couple. They could do very well together & they played 3 times this year, so they both know the game of the other one pretty good - nice combination.

Venus and Caro have their opener against Hantuchova/Chakevtadze? :haha: Maybe (!) Hantuchova gets the chance to beat Venus at least once in doubles at an exhibition :p :p - but think it won't happen.

*W*
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I love singles draw,but dont't doubles!

Anyway Venus and wozi will win!

Jorn
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Caro with Venus :) But why is Ana seeded 1...she never play dubs.

Caro will atleast play with two Top tenner! :eek:

Hashim.
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:41 PM
nice draw:D

dybbuk
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Ana v Elena :hearts:

Ana and Shuai will be fun. :lol:

Slutiana
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Yay go Vee and Vee/Caro

NyCPsU
Nov 28th, 2007, 03:29 PM
anna and dani playing doubles together :speakles: :woohoo:

best. news. ever. !!!

too bad they play each other yet again in singles :(

Direwolf
Nov 28th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Go Vee..!!! i really think that Caro n Vee r good friends..
ever since Vee cancelled that Match against her...

I think that its UNFAIR to partner 2 top ten in doubles.
Hantu/Chaky are a great team...

I want Caro to cause an upset in both her doubles and singles quarters

Direwolf
Nov 28th, 2007, 03:32 PM
oops/..

Go Caroo.. reach the finals pls..

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 28th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Shitty and irrelevant tournament

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 28th, 2007, 04:48 PM
:sad: why are venus lena D and ana in one section??

frenchie
Nov 28th, 2007, 05:55 PM
LOL

Anna C and Dani playing together after Anna's comments at the YEC....

Dodoboy.
Nov 28th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I cant wait for this!
I would love to be a Maria fan..just not..but would love it!

Giovanna
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Strange...masha always was in doubles in Hong Kong

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Daniela :)

iPatty
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Ivanovic is an awful doubles player. :tape:

Peng better carry her.

*W*
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams along with 6 other players to compete in JB Group Classic 2008 Tennis Tournament in Hong Kong from 2nd -5th Jan'08

The JB Group along with The Hong Kong Tennis Patron's Association (TPA) proudly announced JB Group Classic Tennis annual champion's tournament in Jan'08. The JB Group and TPA is delighted to welcome Venus Williams, Wimbledon Champion. She returns to Hong Kong for the 5th times, Global star Maria Sharapova, French Open finalist Ana Ivanovic who's World No.4 and Russian World No.7 Anna Chakvetadze, who has won 4 WTA tournaments this year and all four have qualified for the year end WTA finals. World No.9 Daniela Hantuchova appears in Hong Kong for the first time and World No.11, Elena Dementieva makes her 8th appearance in the territory. They are accompanied by crowd favourite Peng Shuai from China, who is No.2 in China and has had a resurgent 2007 and last year popular Caroline Wozniacki who was introduced in Hong Kong in the last year tournament.

Email Print Download PDF Add to Google RSS Mumbai, Maharashtra, IND, 2007-11-28 13:17:57 (IndiaPRwire.com) Downloads
No files attached
The JB Group along with The Hong Kong Tennis Patron’s Association (TPA) proudly announced JB Group Classic Tennis annual champion’s tournament in Jan’08.

The JB Group and TPA is delighted to welcome Venus Williams, Wimbledon Champion. She returns to Hong Kong for the 5th times, Global star Maria Sharapova, French Open finalist Ana Ivanovic who’s World No.4 and Russian World No.7 Anna Chakvetadze, who has won 4 WTA tournaments this year and all four have qualified for the year end WTA finals. World No.9 Daniela Hantuchova appears in Hong Kong for the first time and World No.11, Elena Dementieva makes her 8th appearance in the territory.

They are accompanied by crowd favourite Peng Shuai from China, who is No.2 in China and has had a resurgent 2007 and last year popular Caroline Wozniacki who was introduced in Hong Kong in the last year tournament.

“This is a glittering line-up and promises a great start to our partnership”, said Mr. Bhupen Surani, Chairman of JB Group, main sponsor of the event.

The JB Group classic 2008 will be played from 2nd Jan-5th Jan’08. It will follow a similar format as previous years, with winners coming from both Gold and Silver groups. The format enables the fans to see each player atleast twice.

“From top-to-bottom you could argue it’s the strongest field Hong Kong has ever seen. It’s also very diverse, with players from America to China, and Siberia to Slovenia” said Mr. Jatin Chutke, Vice President- JB Group , the diversified Group which is emerging as a key player in Property, Real Estate, Mining, Oil & Gas and alternative energy, International Trade and Consultancy, Jewelry and Diamonds.

He further added that, “This is the first of a three year commitment to sponsor Hong Kong’s premier tennis tournament, a move very much aligned with our growth strategy, our mission to boost the business and community environment and to showcase Hong Kong on the world tennis circuit”.

The complete line-up for JB group Classic 2008, 2nd Jan-5th Jan’08 is:

Ana Ivanovic, World No.4

Maria Sharapova, World No.5

Anna Chakvetadze, World No.6

Venus Williams, World No.8

Daniela Hantuchova, World No.9

Elena Dementieva, World No.11

Peng Shuai, World No.45

Caroline Wozniacki, World No.63

Michelle Larcher De Brito, this year’s Tennis Ambassador.

The event contains a Main draw which is splits into the JB Gold group and the JB Silver Group. Winners of the Main Draw matches go into the JB Gold Group and the others go into the JB Silver Group. Highlights of the first round are Venus Williams playing Chinese Peng Shuai, and Ana Ivanovic meeting crowd favorite and former Hong Kong champion Elena Dementieva. Maria Sharapova faces a stern test from Caroline Wozniacki, a popular rookie last year, who is now at an impressive No.63 in the World

For events details: http://www.jbgroupclassic.com/

For media Queries: Contact:seema@aocc.biz on 9324213574

- End -

About JB Group

The JB Group is a multinational corporation founded in India 42 years ago which now operates in markets spanning the globe. It has a broad and rapidly expanding portfolio of businesses in Property & Real Estate, Mining, Oil & Gas & Alternative Energy, International Trade & Consultancy and Diamonds & Jewelry. A globally diversified company, the JB Group’s international activities are led by Mr. Bhupen Surani, Chairman of JB Group, from his headquarters in Hong Kong.

Founded in 1965, the company has evolved from its base in India to offices and operations in emerging markets across Asia and Africa as well as developed economies in the United States and Europe with over 18,000 employees. Using Hong Kong as a global launch pad since 1993, the JB Group has focused on the world’s three most dynamic economic hubs, India, China and the Middle East, as part of its drive into international markets.

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:23 AM
The WTA needs a Tier I, an A, in January. And not in Australia. Dubai.