PDA

View Full Version : Why do players think that fans want their....

tenn_ace
Nov 25th, 2007, 03:39 PM
... sweaty wristbands or towels? It has especially become popular on men's tour to throw them into the crowd after the match is complete, but women do that too. I watched Magui Serna played a few years ago in Miami. She played on an outside court and when the match finished she threw her wristbands which landed right on my laps... I was so grossed out, I couldn't even squeeze a smile when she looked at me. Some (poor) old woman, who was sitting next to me, was nice enough to grab them from me. I, on the other hand, ran to the loo to wash my hands.

Can tour take initiative to explain to players that it is unhygienic to do it (or carelessly throw the towels to ballskids with towels landing very often on kids' faces)..................

chuvack
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:31 PM
well, how about if women players took off their underwear after the match and threw it into the crowd? I for one would not be complaining to receive a pair of, for example, Hantuchova's or Dementieva's used knickers...

tenn_ace
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:37 PM
well, how about if women players took off their underwear after the match and threw it into the crowd? I for one would not be complaining to receive a pair of, for example, Hantuchova's or Dementieva's used knickers...

well, that's a different story... that's something you are seeking for, so, I guess, nothing wrong with that.

In my post I'm raising a quesiton of paying to watch tennis not to be thrown a sweaty garment at without fans' consent.

goldenlox
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I thinks kids want them. I don't want them. What happened to Vasilisa?

tenn_ace
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I thinks kids want them. I don't want them. What happened to Vasilisa?

1. Parents should teach them not to.

2. Glad you don't. You don't miss much.

3. Good question. I'm hoping she is practicing hard somewhere in Australia and not being lock down or beaten by her crazy father.............

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 25th, 2007, 05:13 PM
loosen up, you might catch a bacteria while typing.

Mike_T
Nov 25th, 2007, 05:20 PM

Yep, if ten_ace gets a pair of Iroda’s used panties landing in his/her lap, don’t let an old women grab ‘em, because I’d pay a King’s ransom.

tenn_ace
Nov 25th, 2007, 05:33 PM
loosen up, you might catch a bacteria while typing.

well at least I won't get grossed out to no end if that happens...............

tenn_ace
Nov 25th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Yep, if ten_ace gets a pair of Iroda’s used panties landing in his/her lap, don’t let an old women grab ‘em, because I’d pay a King’s ransom.

note for myself: gotta start watching Iroda's matches again ;)

Tennisaddict
Nov 25th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I agree, I never understood why someone would want the sweaty head and wrist bands of players after the match. Mauresmo does it a lot on the women's side and Federer on the men's. It's disgusting.

Sefo
Nov 25th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Some (poor) old woman, who was sitting next to me, was nice enough to grab them from me.

That old lady must be a millionaire now.:bounce:

Paneru
Nov 25th, 2007, 08:41 PM
because they do! :p

If the fans didn't clamour for anything and everything
from the players, then the players wouldn't do it.

Therefore, as long as the fans will take,
the players will give. Whatever it may be.

And it's not you,
so get over it. :lol:

miffedmax
Nov 25th, 2007, 08:43 PM
If Elena Dementieva, after a bad flight, hurled a used air sickness bag at me it would become the centerpiece of my home's decor and a object of veneration and adoration 24/7.

LindsayRulz
Nov 25th, 2007, 09:20 PM
If Elena Dementieva, after a bad flight, hurled a used air sickness bag at me it would become the centerpiece of my home's decor and a object of veneration and adoration 24/7.

:spit:

mashamaniac
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:09 PM

:angel:

tenn_ace
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:12 PM
because they do! :p

If the fans didn't clamour for anything and everything
from the players, then the players wouldn't do it.

Therefore, as long as the fans will take,
the players will give. Whatever it may be.

And it's not you,
so get over it. :lol:

It WAS me with Serna's sweat all over my laps. Besides, how often do you see fans actually trying to catch these wristbands? I mean fans who are over 10yo...

mashamaniac
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:16 PM

WELL IF THAT EVER HAPPENS I'D PAY TONS OF DOLLARS TO HAVE A DANI'S KNICKER! OR TATIANA'S RED ONE!!!

DutchieGirl
Nov 26th, 2007, 09:23 AM
:shrug: Some fans want it. I've been at matches where fans have asked players for their used drink bottles - I mean wtf for? But if people will ask, players will do.

I must say I wanted a towel from Rosmalen last year (but I wanted an unused one - too bad Misa lost her doubles match that day or I would have asked seeing as she had a spare unused one - it was a nice design). :lol:

cindy
Nov 26th, 2007, 11:55 AM
this year at RG, after our talk, my dear andrei pavel gave me his wrist bands without me to ask for it and I must say I was realy happy because it was something from him and since I dind't ask for it it was like a present!
now it is in my bedroom, it is a lil souvenir like pictures for exemple
I guess that's why fans like to have that sort of thing

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 26th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I don't mind having Rafeal's wristbands (he always throw them after winning a match).... but definately not a pair of thongs / panties.

Imagine a wet, stinky and dirty thong / panty fall on top of your face... I won't be able to eat for a week! :tape:

-sugi-
Nov 26th, 2007, 02:16 PM
At Roland Garros last year, I was watching Emma Laine practice with two of my friends and she threw a tennis ball towards us. I was about to return it when she said to us "don't you want to keep it?" and gave my other friends balls as well. After the practice she was really nice as well.
I think being given tennis balls is quite good, but I wouldn't want a towel or something. :cool: :shrug:

miffedmax
Nov 26th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Emma seems very sweet. If only she could win some *&^% matches.

fatty sausage
Nov 26th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Do you really have to ask?

Some fans, not all, want some sort of connection to a player, whether it be a photo or a sweaty wristband.

Tennisation
Nov 26th, 2007, 05:32 PM
well gee, of course u'd get grossed out, it's Magui Serna!:lol: I mean if it was Marat Safin u'd be all ova dat thang:drool:

esquímaux
Nov 26th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I miss Magui with her steady slice and brickhouse stature :awww:

Mike_T
Nov 26th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Imagine a wet, stinky and dirty thong / panty fall on top of your face... I won't be able to eat for a week! :tape: Would have the opposite effect on my appetite. If they were Irodas panties, I’d eat them and swallow them whole :lick: But if they were Justines, that would definitely turn my appetite, in fact the shock would probably turn me gay. No doubt that’s what happened to PY on his wedding night, the shock turned him gay.

SunriseSunset
Nov 26th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Would have the opposite effect on my appetite. If they were Irodas panties, I’d eat them and swallow them whole :lick: But if they were Justines, that would definitely turn my appetite, in fact the shock would probably turn me gay. No doubt that’s what happened to PY on his wedding night, the shock turned him gay.

:worship: You made me spit out my food you naughty boy:lol: !

tenn_ace
Nov 26th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Do you really have to ask?

Some fans, not all, want some sort of connection to a player, whether it be a photo or a sweaty wristband.

what's next? urine collection? :p

Tennisation
Nov 26th, 2007, 08:55 PM
what's next? urine collection? :pthat mite come in handy particularly in Hingis' doping case;)

KennyChante4ever
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:52 AM
... sweaty wristbands or towels? It has especially become popular on men's tour to throw them into the crowd after the match is complete, but women do that too. I watched Magui Serna played a few years ago in Miami. She played on an outside court and when the match finished she threw her wristbands which landed right on my laps... I was so grossed out, I couldn't even squeeze a smile when she looked at me. Some (poor) old woman, who was sitting next to me, was nice enough to grab them from me. I, on the other hand, ran to the loo to wash my hands.

Can tour take initiative to explain to players that it is unhygienic to do it (or carelessly throw the towels to ballskids with towels landing very often on kids' faces)..................

:lol: I know what you mean but the thing is that there are actual fans who want anything from a player including sweaty tennis wear. I could see fans even taking bed sheets that there favorite player just slept on. :tape: