PDA

View Full Version : It's now official: Urpi and Conchita are the new Coaches of Shahar Peer

itzhak
Nov 25th, 2007, 01:15 PM
After three weeks of intensive training in Barcelona, It is now official: Gabriel Urpi and Conchita Martinez are the new coaches of Shahar Peer. Urpy, will continue to work with Flavia and their schedule will be almost the same. Conchita will be with Shahar around 20 weeks, especially in the big tournaments and in the tournaments that Urpy will not be able to be with her. Conchita will fly with Shahar to the Australian Open alongside Gabriel.

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3475390,00.html

propi
Nov 25th, 2007, 01:21 PM
:D
This should help Shahar to do a quality jump :)
Good luck for next season, Peer :D You're in great hands now :D

Dexter
Nov 25th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Moonball Mamma vol. 2.

Meteor Shower
Nov 25th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Moonball Mamma vol. 2.

Shahar is an agressive player, she is not a ballbasher but she is not a Moonball Momma.

Urpi is the coach of Flavia Penneta. Do you see her moonball? nope.
He is the head coach of Shahar so I think he has a say as much as Conchita about Shahar game and more.

Its a different style of play this days, and I'm sure they have better tactics for Shahar than 'to moonball'. In fact, I believe if Conchita was training this days as a junior players, her game would be completely different.

So, stop scaring me. :p Thanks.
Looking forward to great results Shahar :D

Zamboni
Nov 25th, 2007, 01:34 PM
I like it :)
Urpi seems to be a good coach, I wasn't happy at first when I heard he'd be working with Shahar, cause I didn't want him to stop working with Flavia. This sounds really good though, I like Shahar a lot as well, and I think Urpi can really help her.
Plus I like it that Shahar and Flavia will play a lot of the same tournaments. I guess they'll train together a lot too, I think they can be good sparring partners for each other:yeah:

justine schnyder
Nov 25th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Shahar :smash: :smash:

ronim1
Nov 25th, 2007, 03:16 PM
I like it :)
Urpi seems to be a good coach, I wasn't happy at first when I heard he'd be working with Shahar, cause I didn't want him to stop working with Flavia. This sounds really good though, I like Shahar a lot as well, and I think Urpi can really help her.
Plus I like it that Shahar and Flavia will play a lot of the same tournaments. I guess they'll train together a lot too, I think they can be good sparring partners for each other:yeah:

Who will be training Flavia now?

Elwin.
Nov 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
:)

James
Nov 25th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Who will be training Flavia now?

You have not been reading the top post obviously. It says clearly he will continue to work with Flavia.

On topic: It's a good development. Shahar is a player who is willing to work hard and with the right coaching she can get far. She is still young, so progress is definitely possible. I guess the haters will always consider Conchita as just a moonballer. She was much more than that though.

esquímaux
Nov 25th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Urpi?? Is that a pokemon?

*Jool*
Nov 25th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Shahar :smash: :smash:

how about wait and see?

James :worship:

esquímaux :lol:

justine schnyder
Nov 25th, 2007, 03:59 PM
how about wait and see?

James :worship:

esquímaux :lol:

Hoping for the best :D

Ghoul123
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I have a great feeling about this.
Seems like a great team, and I like the fact that Shahar and Flavia will train a lot together.
Hopefully they will also play doubles together :)

propi
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:30 PM
You have not been reading the top post obviously. It says clearly he will continue to work with Flavia.

On topic: It's a good development. Shahar is a player who is willing to work hard and with the right coaching she can get far. She is still young, so progress is definitely possible. I guess the haters will always consider Conchita as just a moonballer. She was much more than that though.
:wavey:James and Julien I guess it's a lost cause that in here, however I do think that 98% of the haters weren't even born when Conchita started winning tournaments (although they might be teenagers when Conchita continue winning ;) ; it's easy to call her a moon baller (I've seen her play live and on tv thousands of times and still can't understand why) and not paying attention to her spins, change of pace, angles, slice backhand and master forehand (the best in the 90's just a bit behind Graf's).
I said before, Shahar has the fighting spirit that could be perfectly complemented by Conchi's advices, so it can't be bad for her.

*Jool*
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I know that's a lost cause, Fer :kiss: that's why I never get in arguments anymore ;)

let them think what they like , and let's keep enjoying Conchita , her game, our memories of her .

FORZA SARITA
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Wise decision :D

*Jool*
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:43 PM
BTW, I suddenly got the will to change my mind :devil: remind the "haters" that Conchita once was a runner-up at the australian Open . I actually seriously doubt Shahar could equal even half what Conchita achieved , so tell them how much of an opportunity it can be for a player to receive advice from one great player from the past - she decided it , so I would advise her fans to accept her decisions, she probably knows better than you what is good for her and if she wants to give it a try , let's wish the new team luck and wait to see what happens.

ronim1
Nov 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM
:wavey:James and Julien I guess it's a lost cause that in here, however I do think that 98% of the haters weren't even born when Conchita started winning tournaments (although they might be teenagers when Conchita continue winning ;) ; it's easy to call her a moon baller (I've seen her play live and on tv thousands of times and still can't understand why) and not paying attention to her spins, change of pace, angles, slice backhand and master forehand (the best in the 90's just a bit behind Graf's).
I said before, Shahar has the fighting spirit that could be perfectly complemented by Conchi's advices, so it can't be bad for her.

I agree with you completely.

We all will be wiser in 12 month.

sapir1434
Nov 26th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Good luck Shahar! :)

tenn_ace
Nov 26th, 2007, 12:15 AM
After three weeks of intensive training in Barcelona, It is now official: Gabriel Urpi and Conchita Martinez are the new coaches of Shahar Peer.

what would momma Stevenson said about this chain of events :lol:

GoConchi
Nov 27th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Vamos Conchi and Shahar. Hope it works out well for them. Nice to have Conchi back even if she is not playing anymore........

darice
Nov 27th, 2007, 12:40 PM
yay! :) i wish shahar and conchi all the best. maybe pato will help out? ;)

Conchi Party
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Its good to see Conchita Again. I wonder if she will play olympics doubles in Beiijing?

CP