PDA

View Full Version : You Can Quote Me On That.....Paul Fein

plantman
Nov 24th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Tennis Quips/Insights and Zingers. by Paul Fein

Has anybody read this? Is it worth buying.:)

11. on Page 112:
"... Court on Court: A Life in Tennis "Venus and Serena are providing another benchmark for women's sports. ..."
12. on Page 142:
"... "She's a good athlete; I'm a great athlete." -Serena Williams, comparing herself with Steffi Graf (1999) 142 ..."
13. on Page 145:
"... The only players I'm not more of a celebrity than are Venus and Serena, which is really amazing. ..."
14. on Page 146:
"... class" (2002) "I touch everyone. Everyone wants to see me. I don't blame them: Got to get a look at Serena. ..."
15. on Page 156:
"... I am. It's helped me not to get ahead of myself and not to get bombastic. It keeps me humble." -Serena Williams, a devout Jehovah's Witness (1998) "Vengeance belongs to God. ..."
16. on Page 158:
"... and that's one of her biggest plusses." -Billie Jean King on Serena Williams (2003) "They've been probably the best thing that's happened to tennis. ..."
17. on Page 159:
"... From the 1983 book, Short Circuit "It's like all of my press conferences at the moment are about Venus and Serena. I would really appreciate it if they were about my tennis or something. ..."
18. on Page 161:
"... when I started playing in bigger venues, that it's my job. When I fill out a job application, expect `entertainer."' -Serena Williams (2002) ..."
19. on Page 164:
"... " -Oracene Price, mother of Venus and Serena Williams "In the field of sports you are more or less accepted for what you do rather than what you ..."
20. on Page 165:
"... " -Serena Williams, after being asked how she rallied so successfully from the baseline against Martina Hingis "Hi, racist." -How Ilie Nastase ..."

SvetaPleaseWin.
Nov 24th, 2007, 03:59 AM
yeah ive got it, i havent read em all-just picked random pages but its good :D

plantman
Nov 24th, 2007, 04:01 AM
yeah ive got it, i havent read em all-just picked random pages but its good :D

Thanks for the feedback!:)