PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Doubles $ at Australian Open.

tennisbuddy12
Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:07 PM
Can anybody give me the amt per round for the AO. Im doing a money report for my game, WFST and I cant find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

tennisbuddy12
Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
anyone?

urock34
Nov 23rd, 2007, 08:26 PM
88,157 jankovic got that for winning wimbledon...thats all i got

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2007, 09:38 PM
The AO pays much less than the other majors across the board.
Tennis Australia is the cheapest, most anti-player organization in the sport of tennis.

mckyle.
Nov 23rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Tennis Australia is the cheapest, most anti-player organization in the sport of tennis.

Really? I thought most players loved it...

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2007, 09:44 PM
They don't love their paychecks. By far the lowest of all 4 majors.
And Sydney usually draws about 17 of the top 20, for Tier II money, which is robbery. The AO payouts are robbery also.
TA officials should be in jail.

Mikey.
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:02 PM
The prize money for winning the Australian open 2008 singles is 1.37 million Australian dollars. That's about 1.2 million US dollars. How is that cheap when the US open 2007 gave 1.4 million US dollars for winning the singles? Its a small difference when you think about the actual amounts they're winning.

Anyway I found this link which may help you: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/about/history/prizemoney.html

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:07 PM
It was less than US $1 million for winning the AO. The USO payed US$1.4 million.
And every round was much less than any of the other majors.

Drake1980
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:10 PM
it`s still a tonne of money! It`s far from highway robbery! Come on now!

Harvs
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:14 PM

bullshit it is... are you high? dont make accusations without explaining.

australian players for example, are treated extremely well by tennis australia and get so much support.

Mikey.
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:22 PM
It was less than US $1 million for winning the AO. The USO payed US$1.4 million.
And every round was much less than any of the other majors.

Ahhh no. :rolleyes: The winnings for AO singles this yr was 1.2 AU million. Which is like 1.05 US million. That not too bad. And there are other things to consider when you think about prize money. For example, the US open is one of the more famous of the Grandslams so it will have more sponsorships and therefore have more money to give away as prizemoney.

But anyway, its not just the money players play for. Money isn't everything.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:35 PM
The people I asked said the AU-US conversion was about 1.25-1
Which meant they paid less than US $1million.
And I kept waiting for those idiots at WTAtour.com to list prizemoney in US dollars. And kept mixing it up.
They kept listing Serena as having US$1.2 million into March mixing all the Aussie dollars without converting.

Paying $950,000 when USO pays $1.4 million is a HUGE difference. And TA is pocketing all those extra milliona that they aren't paying the players.
And it's all down the line, every round. A huge difference in payout.

Pasta-Na
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:35 PM
i start to give up on MXD as zheng jie and yan zi always stop at SF :p :lol:

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:38 PM
...;12029604']bullshit it is... are you high? dont make accusations without explaining.

australian players for example, are treated extremely well by tennis australia and get so much support.Bullshit to you. They pay the players MUCH LESS.
You have to be a fucking idiot to not see that.

Harvs
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:47 PM
Bullshit to you. They pay the players MUCH LESS.
You have to be a fucking idiot to not see that.

yes they do pay less. because australias dollar is worth less than the US dollar, pound and euro!!! its called an exchange rate moron...

and i was refering to your comment about TA treating the players like shit... they dont.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:48 PM
When TA announces this upcoming AO's prizemoney, the dopes in the tennis media should do the conversion and ask why they are paying so much less than every other major.

I don't know how they treat Aussie players. They aren't developing any good ones.
But the players who come to Australia get robbed, compared to every other major.

Uranium
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:49 PM
i start to give up on MXD as zheng jie and yan zi always stop at SF :p :lol:

isn't it Yan's practice or exhibition for her, didn't she say that?:lol:

tennisbuddy12
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 PM
thanks anyways im just gonna use doubles amt. :lol:

Pasta-Na
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:53 PM
isn't it Yan's practice or exhibition for her, didn't she say that?:lol:

yes, she said that :p she learnt how to return the super big serve and some skills of Doubles from men :lol:

but its still a slam so i really hope she will win one MXD title at least :p

Harvs
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:57 PM
When TA announces this upcoming AO's prizemoney, the dopes in the tennis media should do the conversion and ask why they are paying so much less than every other major.

I don't know how they treat Aussie players. They aren't developing any good ones.
But the players who come to Australia get robbed, compared to every other major.

what u need to realise is that the AO prizemoney increases every year. We are not as big of a country economically as the other three anyways. And its not that much less anyways and the gap is fast closing.

And they are developing good players:
Brydan Klein - won this years AO juniors singles.
Greg Jones - runnerup at roland garros juniors singles.
Bernard Tomic - worlds highest ranked 14 year old (tipped to be huge)
Jess Moore - a 17 year old who just won a 25k.

:)

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:59 PM
I'm not trying to insult Australian tennis players.
TA pays by far the lowest in prizemoney. It's a fact.
The US has money, but the UK pays just as much as the US.

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 01:59 AM

:o Are you REALLY that stupid? Thought about looking at the exchange rate in the previous years? (Obnviously this year against the USD it's gotten alot better) - but of course AO can't afford to pay out as much as other GSs - we are behind already with the exchange rates! We used to be sitting in the .70s for the USD and we're lucky to get .60euro cents - so of course when you convert all figures to USD we're gonna be less.

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 02:03 AM
The people I asked said the AU-US conversion was about 1.25-1
Which meant they paid less than US $1million.
And I kept waiting for those idiots at WTAtour.com to list prizemoney in US dollars. And kept mixing it up.
They kept listing Serena as having US$1.2 million into March mixing all the Aussie dollars without converting.

Paying $950,000 when USO pays $1.4 million is a HUGE difference. And TA is pocketing all those extra milliona that they aren't paying the players.
And it's all down the line, every round. A huge difference in payout.

:haha: You really are clueless aren't you? The money TA MAKES is in AUD too - so it's not like they are pocketing anything extra. You have to convert the money they make into USD and then see how much they actually are pocketing. And look at the price of our tickets compared to the price of tickets at other GSs...ours are much cheaper if you convert them all into USD - coz if you put them any higher, then people wouldn't come in Australia.

My god please get over the fact that not every fucking player is as money hungry as you make out they are, and that alot of players DO like the AO despite the fact that it pays the least amount of money of all GSs! :weirdo:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 02:08 AM

:haha: The "media dopes" understand about the thing called EXCHANGE RATE so they don't need to ask why. You just don't seem to get it at all.

Players who go to Australia do not get robbed. You complain about Sydney - it's a Tier 2. :shrug: The PLAYERS choose to play there - if they were that worried about the shitty prize money, why would they bother to play? :wierdo:

God I am starting to think you are on drugs! :lol: I'm so glad i'm not as hung up about how much money the players are losing out on as you are, when the players you are "fighting" for are making shitloads of money anyway! (Far more than alot of people with "normal" jobs make!

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 02:11 AM
I'm not trying to insult Australian tennis players.
TA pays by far the lowest in prizemoney. It's a fact.
The US has money, but the UK pays just as much as the US.

:scratch: Where the hell did anyone dispute the "fact" that the AO is the lowest paying Grand Slam? I didn't see anyone dispute it. The thing they were disputing was your dumb attack on the tourney, and on TA.

Mikey.
Nov 24th, 2007, 02:46 AM
:haha: You really are clueless aren't you? The money TA MAKES is in AUD too - so it's not like they are pocketing anything extra. You have to convert the money they make into USD and then see how much they actually are pocketing. And look at the price of our tickets compared to the price of tickets at other GSs...ours are much cheaper if you convert them all into USD - coz if you put them any higher, then people wouldn't come in Australia.

My god please get over the fact that not every fucking player is as money hungry as you make out they are, and that alot of players DO like the AO despite the fact that it pays the least amount of money of all GSs! :weirdo:

:haha: The "media dopes" understand about the thing called EXCHANGE RATE so they don't need to ask why. You just don't seem to get it at all.

Players who go to Australia do not get robbed. You complain about Sydney - it's a Tier 2. :shrug: The PLAYERS choose to play there - if they were that worried about the shitty prize money, why would they bother to play? :wierdo:

God I am starting to think you are on drugs! :lol: I'm so glad i'm not as hung up about how much money the players are losing out on as you are, when the players you are "fighting" for are making shitloads of money anyway! (Far more than alot of people with "normal" jobs make!

:o Are you REALLY that stupid? Thought about looking at the exchange rate in the previous years? (Obnviously this year against the USD it's gotten alot better) - but of course AO can't afford to pay out as much as other GSs - we are behind already with the exchange rates! We used to be sitting in the .70s for the USD and we're lucky to get .60euro cents - so of course when you convert all figures to USD we're gonna be less.

:scratch: Where the hell did anyone dispute the "fact" that the AO is the lowest paying Grand Slam? I didn't see anyone dispute it. The thing they were disputing was your dumb attack on the tourney, and on TA.

Good answers :worship:

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I don't give a shit how much TA is pocketing. They are paying the players MUCH LESS. That is what matters.
If they can build a roof, which the USTA won't do, they can fucking afford to play the players what the other slams pay.
They are fucking crooks.

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2007, 03:24 AM
And yeah, I give a shit how much the players make. Most of them need every penny they can earn.
TA can afford to pay them. Fucking criminals, with fucking idiots trying to defend them.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 24th, 2007, 03:32 AM
OMG, this thread should be cut and pasted into the WTA WORLD hall of shame. He was just asking for a round by round break down of the prize money for the Aussie Open mixed doubles draw. Look what he got... :help: .

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2007, 03:35 AM
I was going to do this anyway. TA has been way too cheap with the players.
It should be public knowledge that the other 3 slams pay so much more in prizemoney.

I'm going to start threads about it as we get closer to TA tournaments starting.

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Whatever the other majors pay, the AO pays about 2/3 as much.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 24th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Hey thats ok :D . BUT, could we please get the question answered that was asked asked first before taking on other subjects :lol: ...:p

Alicia Rocks
Nov 24th, 2007, 04:59 AM

Get over yourself :o

Alicia Rocks
Nov 24th, 2007, 05:05 AM
2007 XD Prizemoney in AUD was:

Winners - $134460
Runner-ups - $67230
Semi-Finalists - $33615
QF's - $15490
R/16 - $7745
R/32 - $3755

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 05:06 AM
I don't give a shit how much TA is pocketing. They are paying the players MUCH LESS. That is what matters.
If they can build a roof, which the USTA won't do, they can fucking afford to play the players what the other slams pay.
They are fucking crooks.

:weirdo: Yeah, keep going so everyone can see how crazy you are honey. :kiss:

(You do realise that TA don't own Melbourne Park right? And tennis isn't the only event held there - so it's not necessarily TA who are building any roof). :haha:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 24th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Dutchie Girl: Players who go to Australia do not get robbed. You complain about Sydney - it's a Tier 2. The PLAYERS choose to play there - if they were that worried about the shitty prize money, why would they bother to play? :wierdo:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
To get some competitive match play practice in before the Aussie Open :D . But hey, i agree with most of what u said...
:wavey:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Dutchie Girl: Players who go to Australia do not get robbed. You complain about Sydney - it's a Tier 2. The PLAYERS choose to play there - if they were that worried about the shitty prize money, why would they bother to play? :wierdo:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
To get some competitive match play practice in before the Aussie Open :D . But hey, i agree with most of what u said...
:wavey:

Yes, but you don't hear the players complaining about the so called shitty prize money do you? And I mean yeah Sydney has great draws coz the players do want to practice before the AO - that's not Sydneys fault, and if they are a tier 2 and the players accept it, then I don't see why they should suddenly have to upgrade. ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 24th, 2007, 05:13 AM
2007 XD Prizemoney in AUD was:

Winners - $134460
Runner-ups - $67230
Semi-Finalists - $33615
QF's - $15490
R/16 - $7745
R/32 - $3755

13 hrs later and we finally get the question answered! :drink: :bowdown:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 05:14 AM
I was going to do this anyway. TA has been way too cheap with the players.
It should be public knowledge that the other 3 slams pay so much more in prizemoney.

I'm going to start threads about it as we get closer to TA tournaments starting.

Maybe you should read this page:

http://www.mopt.com.au/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-8//321_read-109/

you will see that TA DO NOT own Melbourne Park, and so the building of the roof really has nothing to do with them. Perhaps you could get your "fucking" facts straight before you start talking shit.

I see that Russia really supports it's athletes - that's why half of them move to the US to train right? :rolleyes:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 05:16 AM

umm HELLO - NO ONE IS DISPUTING THAT THE AO PAYS LESS - can you READ? We are saying it's obviousy WHY - because of the exchange rate!

We put on great events here that the players like and support, and if they aren't bitching about the prizemoney they are paid at the AO why the fuck are you? :weirdo: Or are you getting a cut of some players prizemoney and want more? :o

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 24th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Yes, but you don't hear the players complaining about the so called shitty prize money do you? And I mean yeah Sydney has great draws coz the players do want to practice before the AO - that's not Sydneys fault, and if they are a tier 2 and the players accept it, then I don't see why they should suddenly have to upgrade. ;)

Your right, i agree with most of what you are saying. But, just like the warm ups to the Us Open and the French have tier 1s ...i think the Aussie Open ( aswell as Wimbledon) need a Tier 1 tourney to "get the party started"... so to speak :p . I guess that is another thread though. This should have been worked out a long time ago. I am sure that both tourneys could afford the upgrade. :bounce:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Your right, i agree with most of what you are saying. But, just like the warm ups to the Us Open and the French have tier 1s ...i think the Aussie Open ( aswell as Wimbledon) need a Tier 1 tourney to "get the party started"... so to speak :p . I guess that is another thread though. This should have been worked out a long time ago. I am sure that both tourneys could afford the upgrade. :bounce:

Yeah, and the problem with that is that the lead in season for both AO and WImby is too short - only 2 weeks for both. So that comes back to scheudling problems, which I'm not gonna get into a debate about right now. :lol: The French has plenty of time to have tier 1's...so does USO, but look how well their tier 1's do anyway - Canadian Open is always shit. So I guess GL thinks this should be downgraded as it has shit fields, if we should upgrade when a tourney has a good field? ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 24th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Yeah, and the problem with that is that the lead in season for both AO and WImby is too short - only 2 weeks for both. So that comes back to scheudling problems, which I'm not gonna get into a debate about right now. :lol: The French has plenty of time to have tier 1's...so does USO, but look how well their tier 1's do anyway - Canadian Open is always shit. So I guess GL thinks this should be downgraded as it has shit fields, if we should upgrade when a tourney has a good field? ;)

I know, i have always thought the the Aussie Open and Wimby deserved more of a launch off :bounce:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I know, i have always thought the the Aussie Open and Wimby deserved more of a launch off :bounce:

Especially Wimby - as the grass season lasts only 4 weeks,and is hardly worth it. I guess with AO it's slightly different as it's on essentially hardcourt, and there are plenty more hard court tourneys throughout the year, but to onl have 4 weeks on grass is kinda sucky. But I really think it's gonna be hard to totally re-do the scheduling of the year to make it better, as tourneys have their time slots and they will probably find it hard or not want to move. I wouldn't like to see the AO moved much later, as where it is now is good for Australia...BUT obviously that is always gonna lead to the problem of not having enough time to "play in" before the AO. Ugh... and now we're getting on to scheduling. :lol:

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2007, 10:35 AM
The conversion rate means nothing. This is an international event.
Not some local kangaroo hunt.
99% of the players are leaving after the tournament.

They pay 2/3 of what the other 3 majors pay. You fucking dope.

Meteor Shower
Nov 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM
They are fucking crooks.

And yeah, I give a shit how much the players make. Most of them need every penny they can earn.
TA can afford to pay them. Fucking criminals, with fucking idiots trying to defend them.

Jennifer Capriati posts here? :confused:
On a more serious tone, please edit those posts, I'd liked you better when you trolled without swearing. :)

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Now there's no point editing, you quoted the good parts.
But my opinion hasn't changed.
The AO should be paying the players as much as the other 3 majors.
And in 2008 that means US $ 1.5 million to each winner, and almost US $ 20,000 to the 64 who lose 1st round.

Meteor Shower
Nov 24th, 2007, 11:30 AM
I can delete my post, you know.
Nice to see you have calmed down a bit though.

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I was never upset. I went thru this in MTF about Madrid.
I think the rank and file players deserve more money.
And the TA is the worst at paying. They refuse to come near what the other 3 majors are paying.

Mikey.
Nov 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Since when do they refuse?

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2007, 12:04 PM
TA knows what the other ITF bodies are paying at majors.
They refuse to come near it.
TA should announce a 50% increase in prizemoney across the board.
And that would still put them last, or near last, in paying players at a major.

Mikey.
Nov 24th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Oh my gosh! Please calm down! There is no use of getting worked up over this. :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm sure TA knows that the other majors pay much more, who doesn't? Its not new news to anyone. But you can't just go around making all these accusations that they are "cheating players" and that they "refuse to come near" what the others pay, when you don't have all the facts yourself! There must be some reasons why the Australian Open pays less than the other three majors, other than just being "cheap". People have mentioned numerous possible reasons why in this thread and you have just totally ignored them. You've just been ranting and raving the same thing over and over again, just re-wording your point of view in every different post. Please just get over it. TA will pay what TA will pay and that's it. And I'm sure the players are grateful to get any amount money at all for what they love to do, play tennis.

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I think it's okay to comment on the ITF group that pays the least money, and it's BY FAR the least money.
They're the ones who are creating this situation, and saying the players should be grateful to get less monsy at one major than at the other 3, I don't agree.

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I was never upset. I went thru this in MTF about Madrid.
I think the rank and file players deserve more money.
And the TA is the worst at paying. They refuse to come near what the other 3 majors are paying.

:lol: the "rank and file" players deserve more money, yet you go after Sydney for not paying players enough. :haha: Umm hello - NO rank and file players get into to MD on ranking for Sydney - if you aren't top 25 you denerally don't make the cut. So how is making Sydney a tier 1 gonna help the "rank and file" players? :haha: Stop and think before you talk please!

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Since when do they refuse?

Since she has it in her pea brain that TA are all money thieving assholes. ;)

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 08:01 PM
TA knows what the other ITF bodies are paying at majors.
They refuse to come near it.
TA should announce a 50% increase in prizemoney across the board.
And that would still put them last, or near last, in paying players at a major.

:haha: :cuckoo: Where's your straight jacket sweety?

To say that exchange rate has nothing to do with this just prooves why you are :weirdo:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 08:03 PM
I think it's okay to comment on the ITF group that pays the least money, and it's BY FAR the least money.
They're the ones who are creating this situation, and saying the players should be grateful to get less monsy at one major than at the other 3, I don't agree.

Sweety, there's a difference between "commenting on" and "saying the same shit about 50 times in one thread". ;)

Wiggly
Nov 24th, 2007, 08:05 PM
They should go to jail because they pay less than the 3 other majors?:tape: :help:

Half of the world lives wiht less than $2/day.....

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2007, 08:10 PM
They should be called criminals for paying so much less. They're keeping millions of dollars that the other ITF bodies pay to players.

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2007, 08:16 PM
They should go to jail because they pay less than the 3 other majors?:tape: :help:

Half of the world lives wiht less than $2/day.....

Of course they shoud. Isn't is obvious? ;) :angel: Hell, let's just put the whole of Australia in jail, coz all Aussie's are theiving bastards coz they are not speaking out about TA's horrible tactics to rob players of their deserved money.

:haha: