PDA

View Full Version : Henin/Kuznetsova/Mauresmo combined are owned by Safarova

clonesheep
Nov 22nd, 2007, 07:11 AM
Justine Henin, Sveta Kuznetsova, and Amelie Mauresmo combined have never won a single set from Lucie Safarova. Their H2H against Lucie is 0-4 for matches, all losses are in straight sets. That's 0-8 in set win/loss. All of these happened in 2007, when all three top players were in good shape.

Safarova vs. Jankovic 3-setter at Wimbledon was one of the best matches of the year. Safarova vs. Serena at Hobart went 7-6 in the third. Afterward, Serena said her sister had warned her that Lucie is a tough lefty.

At Australian Open, when Serena reached QF, a reporter showed her the list of the other 7 quarterfinalists and asked her assessment of those young guns. She immediately singled out Safarova as the good one and ignored the others, even though Sharapova and Vaidisova were on the list, too.

I cannot think of any other player outside top 15 who is so respected by the top players. I just have to bet on her this coming Australian Open.

Rosslyn
Nov 22nd, 2007, 07:21 AM
good luck with your bet...

and she's owned by Kirilenko (0-3 h2h, 0-6 sets)

eck
Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:06 AM
Justine in her first tournament back = good shape? :spit:

To Justine's credit, at least she was leading by a break or something in both sets. :help:

rottweily
Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:15 AM
when all three top players were in good shape.

Don't lie.

natacha1
Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:16 AM
She played Justine once. Justine her first tournament since her divorce, yes, she owns Justine :rolleyes:

justine schnyder
Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah, justine's shape on the Gaz the France this year was really good... (Come on! 3 sets against Liot..)
Amelie in 2007 was just great...

Serge007
Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
Justine Henin, Sveta Kuznetsova, and Amelie Mauresmo combined have never won a single set from Lucie Safarova.
Bartoli once also beat Henin. But after she lost 0-6 0-6...

justine schnyder
Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:52 AM
Bartoli once also beat Henin. But after she lost 0-6 0-6...

:devil:

Juju4ever
Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:13 AM
It's a good stat. Meaningless, but good.

Wolverines08
Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
When Lucie is ON, she's very tough to beat...i mean that left handed forehand down the line is one of the best shots in tennis...she can change the direction out of nowhere.

Petersmiler
Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:23 AM
I must admit that Lucie is very exciting to watch and I'm quite suprised she isn't ranked higher by now.

But to say she owns those players from 1 or 2 matches is pushing it a bit.

Rosslyn
Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:42 AM
Hope Justine fans won't act like Serena fans everytime she loses. Loss is a loss and things like "she wasn't at her best level" are meaningless. Congratulations to Lucie, but in 2008 she must make improvement (in her head mostly). I think for her and also for Golovin, 2008 is 'do or die' because younger players are coming

Natalicious
Nov 22nd, 2007, 10:39 AM
amelie + 2007 = good shape :spit: :weirdo:

frontier
Nov 22nd, 2007, 10:45 AM
I like Lucie she is so underrated but very dangerous.I think when she is really healthy she gives anyone trouble.2007 she went through Momo twice Justine Vaidisova Kuzzie and troubled JJ at Wimbledon.I hope 2008 we will see more of her.:hearts:

skanky~skanketta
Nov 22nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
sorry, but prior to the appendicitis, momo was perfectly fine.

schorsch
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:06 AM
sorry, but prior to the appendicitis, momo was perfectly fine.

No, she wasnt. She was nowhere close to being in good form. Nope.

Safarova is a seeds killa. BUT! She's inconsistent. When she's on good luck to everyone if you want to beat her. If not... Well you know. Incosistent :haha: They way she played at the Gaz de France... THE RETURNS!!! OMG. It really blew my mind.

Nicjac
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:12 AM
Well, she was good enough in form to win Antwerp and that wasn't an easy draw.

Vlad Tepes
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:31 AM
Have it your way, say that Lucie owns Justine :tape:

At the end of the day, who goes home to 39 career titles, 7 GS and 100+ weeks at #1 and who is yet to break the top 20? :smash:

Renalicious
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Safarova doesn't 'own' Justine or the others but she does have a very good record against them. I think they were all in reasonable form when Lucie beat them, so it's no excuse that they lost.

the doctor
Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
Lucie has a good potential but i don't think she'll defete Henin/Kuznetsova/Mauresmo so often.

Lunaris
Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:20 PM
I would change those stats for some consistency.

Rik.
Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Lucie :yeah:

dybbuk
Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:39 PM
Lucie :kiss:

As for the match against Justine, I agree, Justine was not at her post-Wimby form, but Justine fans aren't giving Lucie the credit she is due. Lucie really was amazing until she melted down against Petrova.

MistyGrey
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Lucie :worship:

Conor
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
I love Lucie, when shes playing well shes amazing... just too inconsistent :( Theres no middle ground, shes either spectacular or spectacularly bad!

clonesheep
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
amelie + 2007 = good shape :spit: :weirdo:

At Australian Open Mauresmo was perfectly fine. She entered as No.2 and defending champion and Lucie beat her in straight set. Got to give her some credit.

RJWCapriati
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Henin in perfect shape in her 1st tournament of the year?

hurricanejeanne
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
I love Lucie, when shes playing well shes amazing... just too inconsistent :( Theres no middle ground, shes either spectacular or spectacularly bad!

Exactly. When Lucie's on her game she can trouble or beat nearly anyone, but when she's off her game, she's a mess.
I hope she'll be able to find some sense of consistancy next year.

LCS
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Lucie is one of the most amazing players to watch, she literally puts you in the edge of your seat wit each stroke. Her run in Paris was breathtakin, however I felt she kind of lost it a bit for the remainder of the year, never performing consistently enough. Her top 25 rank is more a reflexion of the amount of tournaments she plays rather than results. If she played 2 or 3 tournaments more she would easily crack the top 20.

I look forward to following her in 2008.

Jakeev
Nov 23rd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Although Lucie seems to step it up against the top players. She just wasn't able to do it at all occasions in 07.

I think her sloppiest loss was against Viktoria Azarenka in Estoril but in general, Lucie is getting better every year.

DimaDinosaur
Nov 23rd, 2007, 09:23 AM
Hantuchova beat Safarova last month 6-1 6-3

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 23rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Justine Henin, Sveta Kuznetsova, and Amelie Mauresmo combined have never won a single set from Lucie Safarova. Their H2H against Lucie is 0-4 for matches, all losses are in straight sets. That's 0-8 in set win/loss. All of these happened in 2007, when all three top players were in good shape.

You called a 1-0 H2H between Justine and Safarova owned? :o

And by the way, Justine just started her year when she lost, while Amelie was having injuries (can't say about Sveta though...)

If you really want to bet on her winning AO, good luck... but please, not your entire life's savings! :lol:

rockstar
Nov 23rd, 2007, 09:48 AM
yeah i agree, splitting 4 matches between 3 players is pretty stupid espeicially when the term 'owned' is used.

Zweli
Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:03 AM
Lucie can trouble anybody,she has shown it before and can easily repeat her good record.She deserves some credit at least.

Pasta-Na
Nov 23rd, 2007, 12:28 PM
she is dangerous, but pls dont say juju was in good shape :rolleyes: