PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Outsports Top 10 Hotties Women/Men

plantman
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:13 AM
Baby got backhand
The 2007 Outsports Top 10 tennis hotties

By Wyman Meers
Outsports.com

Another professional tennis season has come to a close, with top-ranked Roger Federer and world No. 1 Justine Henin outclassing their competition yet again.

In an era of unrelenting power, Henin and Federer rule with fluidity, smarts and style. Henin’s combination of talent and commitment make her the undisputed queen of the game. She was nearly flawless when it mattered most, regardless of whether she was winning by romp or by the skin of her teeth. Equally impressive, Federer continued to weave history as easily as he threads the needle on pinpoint passing shots, taking home three of the four major titles in tennis by summer’s end.

Yet for all of their unfathomable excellence, Henin and Federer both close the 2007 tennis season with one gaping hole in their resumes: neither the spitfire Belgian nor the graceful Swiss is appearing on Outsports’ year-end list of the Top Ten Hotties in Tennis.

Oh yes, that’s right. The Top Ten Tennis Hotties list is back, because – let’s face it – regardless of how much we love the sport, spouting statistics or debating legacies, the fact of the matter is that sometimes we fans prefer our dominance to be less about winning Wimbledon and more about whips and chains. In fact, only one of this year’s Grand Slam champions managed to make an appearance on this list. It’s the sporting equivalent of casual dating: some folks like ‘em pretty and stupid, whereas here on the Top Ten Tennis Hotties list, we like ‘em talented and underachieving!

The following 10 players have probably enjoyed their fair share of professional success on the courts this year, but we cannot be certain. Nobody’s lookin’ at the scoreboard when they play.

#10: Tatiana Golovin

Officials at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club were seeing red this past July when a 19-year-old Frenchwoman and rising star, Tatiana Golovin, walked onto Centre Court wearing red knickers. The scandal was dress code red: British tabloids had a field day; and, ultimately, umpires declared Golovin in violation of the tournament’s predominantly white dress code. Before her opening round match, Golovin was forced to make a change to something less colorful, only to later be informed that the chair umpire had been mistaken. The shorts that women wear beneath their tennis skirts aren’t actually underwear, of course, but they are above the hemline and therefore are not subject to Wimbledon’s traditions. Once the ruling was reversed, Golvin proudly sported her red drawers during a second-round defeat. All was not lost, however, as the red panties appeared again at the U.S. Open later in the summer. Golovin may not have won the All England title, but she unapologetically wore the panties that rocked Wimbledon. In doing so, she stole our hearts.

#9: Andy Roddick

World No. 5 Andy Roddick has an on-court attitude that leaves something to be desired. His overplayed machismo can induce vomiting, but fortunately the Top Ten Hotties List doesn’t have a gag reflex. The American is spoiled and whiny in defeat, pompous and arrogant in victory. In fact, one might say that Andy is a big Roddick. We complain about it during tournaments, but now is the time to come out of the closet and confess our crush on the man with one of the most punishing serves in tennis. After all, who doesn’t love a bad boy? Roddick struts around the baseline with his muscular chest poking out; he stares intensely while teasingly tugging at his crotch; and he pounds ace after ace after ace until we beg him to stop. Andy’s all-American good looks and self-satisfied grin are just as lethal.

#8: Elena Dementieva

Chronic double-faulting might have booted her out of the WTA Tour’s Top 10, but one look at the statuesque Elena Dementieva’s long legs and cascading blonde hair and it’s obvious that this is one Russian who never hears the word nyet. Dementieva can trade baseline blasts with the best of ‘em and she works a pair of hot pants better than anyone else on the WTA tour. Rather than keeping track of how many times Dementieva loses serve, the Top Ten Tennis Hotties list prefers to track the number of hearts she breaks. Elena’s only fault here comes for being doubly delicious, because that notorious serve is the one and only ugly thing about her.

#7: Olivier Rochus

Is that a Belgian in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? Adorable and talented, Olivier Rochus plays a beautiful brand of tennis. In fact, his game is almost as gorgeous as he is. The 5’5” tall Rochus would surely be a Top 10 player if you could award ranking points pound-for-pound, but his lack of stature has kept him out of the game’s upper echelon. The big boys constantly overshadow Little Oli, and oh how we love to watch! Let the debate end here, as Olivier Rochus proves once and for all that size doesn’t matter.

#6: Sania Mirza

Like a little backtalk with your backhand? India’s best player, Sania Mirza, is sassy, political and hot. Mirza hails from a country ruled by a conservative culture where some extremists have criticized contemporary athletic attire as too revealing, and at one point protests were staged and her effigy burned when it seemed as if she advocated pre-marital sex. Do not trifle with Mirza, however, because the exotic beauty is nobody’s fading flower. She may wear a skirt on court, but she wears the pants off of it. Sania is youthful and defiant, refusing to apologize for her personal choice of clothing or for playing doubles with an Israeli partner. It seems that Mirza’s every move is controversial in her homeland, a factor that can negatively impact her on-court success, but she is a rebel with a cause. She is breaking down barriers by simply excelling in the sport she loves. Mirza’s passion is strong enough to promote world peace, and that’s hotter than New Delhi in the summertime.

#5: Rafael Nadal

One asset alone garnered the King of Clay a spot in our Top Ten, and it wasn’t his ferocious topspin or monstrous biceps. (Admittedly, the latter didn’t hurt. At least not in the bad way.) It is impossible to look at Rafael Nadal and not stare at the junk in his trunk. The man himself has made public reference to his “famous ass,” so who are we to disagree? As far as the Top Ten Hotties list is concerned, that butt has enough star power to earn separate induction into the International Tennis Hall of Fame! There is so much to admire about Rafael Nadal. He is as likeable a young man as you could ever meet without compromising his competitor’s spirit in any way. Nadal the tennis player never gives up. Similarly, Nadal’s ass just won’t quit.

#4: Nicole Vaidisova

Two years ago, Vaidisova was considered for this list but was ultimately eliminated from contention because she was under age. Since turning 18, the WTA’s age restrictions have come off and so have ours. It’s a numerical strip tease! Vaidisova’s power game rocketed her into the world’s top ten and now she joins the Hottie elite as well. Get ready, world, because Nicole Vaidisova is legally blonde and unafraid to slap you around in court. Vaidisova is the new Sharapova.

#3: Janko Tipsarevic

Athletic up-and-comer Janko Tipsarevic could use a bath, because the dark, pierced, hairy and beautiful Serbian is dirty hot. Tipsarevic looks like the kind of guy who could shower with you for hours and never come clean, but do not mistake Tipsarevic for your average rough trade. He has a mind as wicked as his body. Janko is passionate about classic literature and has tattooed himself with quotes from Russian novelist Fyodor Dostoevsky and German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer. A man that beautiful and that intelligent makes grown men sink to their knees.

#2: Ana Ivanovic

Ana Ivanovic is returning to the Hotties list for a second time. The Serbian’s stunning run to the French Open final in late spring announced her arrival among the women’s best; however, the dark-skinned beauty is an established and perennial stunner. Ivanovic’s beauty is at once simple and unattainable: her long, dark brown hair invites lusty thoughts, regardless of whether it falls softly in her face or is pulled back into a pony tail to illuminate her near-perfect facial features; her eyes are thoughtful, confident and deep, and they intimidate as surely as they entice; and her skin glows golden like the final moments of sunlight at dusk that leave men and women alike praying for the next day’s light. Goddess-like to behold, Ivanovic carries a natural splendor so powerful that it is neither boastful nor burdensome. As surely as sport itself has the power to attain moments of bliss, Ana Ivanovic is possessed of a rapturous countenance that is definitive in its perfection. She is undoubtedly the most beautiful woman in tennis.

#1: Novak Djokovic

He’s not ranked No. 1 on the ATP Tour yet, but ballsy Serb Novak Djokovic fulfills everyone’s fantasies by topping our list of the Top Ten Hotties in Tennis. Djokovic made his move in 2007, shooting towards the top of the rankings and finishing a solid third behind Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. Novak promises to give good chase and make men’s tennis a ménage-a-trois in the months to come. Federer and Nadal should watch their backs, because Novak Djokovic is coming. Cocky and engaging (he shows some skin here), the Serbian phenom is as talented a shotmaker as you’ll find among the players below Federer. Luckily for gay tennis fans, when Djokovic shoots, we all score.

Related: Make your picks on our discussion board.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spiritedenergy
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:23 AM
yeah I've read that.

I think they're pretty right, I would just insert Kirilenko and Federer somewhere... and what's up with Djokovic at n.1???:tape:

Ana is finally recognized as the "most beautiful woman" in the WTA.:hearts:

Lucyxx
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:32 AM
Get ready, world, because Nicole Vaidisova is legally blonde and unafraid to slap you around in court.

:lol:

___

Wow. A top ten without Big Masha.

antonella
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:34 AM

Luckily for gay tennis fans, when Djokovic shoots, we all score.

Maybe that helps explain it. ;)

Lucyxx
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:36 AM
IMO, Novak's spot on impersonations of Nadal/Sharapova is a better reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR9pj6Op_KU

spiritedenergy
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:38 AM
Get ready, world, because Nicole Vaidisova is legally blonde and unafraid to slap you around in court.

___

I don't think she's attractive enough to be in top ten. Also, she seems to be not quite intimately passionate (Maroon 5 guy story anyone:lol: ?

DimaDinosaur
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:56 AM
Serbians dominate the top 3. I guess Serbians are just pure sex :drool:

But I still think Justine should be #1, that sexy bitch

Princeza
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:00 AM
Ana of course :worship:

spiritedenergy
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:01 AM

:haha:

wait for Henin and Williams fans to claim the n.1 here too:tape:

Tripp
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:10 AM
Janko is just :drool: Exactly my type

Apoleb
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:14 AM
< << awww, congrats.

Serenidad.
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:15 AM
Sharapova is honestly just average looking. If you actually look at some pics she isn't what people make her to be.

Dexter
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:21 AM
:woohoo::yeah:.

njnetswill
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:26 AM
Great choices, love thay my little Oli got recognition. :drool:

But where is Daniela?! She is the hottest thing to ever grace a tennis court.

ezekiel
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:27 AM
Serbian sweep, just like eurovision, we are so fukking gay :lol:

plantman
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:33 AM
:haha:

wait for Henin and Williams fans to claim the n.1 here too:tape:

Come on now.....Justine got a nice mention along side Federer at the beginning of the article, and justly so!

P.S....#7: Olivier Rochus...I just love this guy! Those legs......:drool: :lick:

svetaisthebest
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:34 AM
Marat Safin isn't on the list :help:

esquímaux
Nov 22nd, 2007, 07:51 AM
Allez Amelie? :shrug:

kittyking
Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
Omg they didnt stick Dani on the list!!!

bie
Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:04 AM
#7: Olivier Rochus
This year was not his best but boy, he can play. http://209.85.12.236/4750/155/emo/respect.gif
It's really ashame he is so small. http://209.85.12.236/4750/155/emo/cry.gif
His fighting spirit is huge though. http://209.85.12.236/4750/155/emo/thumbsup.gif

http://users.pandora.be/bie/biehappie/Justine-bekers01.jpg
Roland Garros '03,'05,'06,'07
US Open '03,'07
Australian Open '04
Olympic Gold '04
YEC Madrid '06,'07
39 titles
92 weeks # 1
... and counting ...

Petersmiler
Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:42 AM
Rochus. Cute as a button.

Not that I'd kick Roddick or Djokovic out of the bed either.

V-MAC
Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Serbians dominate the top 3. I guess Serbians are just pure sex :drool:

They left out poor Jelena though :mad: Give the girl a bit of slap and she looks :drool:

CORIA01
Nov 22nd, 2007, 10:26 AM
nice article!

Ilikebigboobies
Nov 22nd, 2007, 10:45 AM
Plantman, which plants do you smoke?

Andy T
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:18 AM
This is a list for the twinks - these boys may be cute but they need a few years of experience before they are worthy of being named hottest players on the tour and they need to show that htey stand the test of time.

The REAL men to dribble n drool over (or have dribble & drool over you) are Carlos Moya & Max Mirnyi!

rada
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:33 AM
Go the serbs ;)

rasko
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Serbian sweep, just like eurovision, we are so fukking gay :lol:
That text is from some gay site???

ezekiel
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:51 AM
well it's outsports.com and there is all kind of references, not that there is anything wrong with it

LUXXXAS
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Ana and Domi are the hottest tennis girls for me :drool:
and Fernando Gonzalez/Fernando Verdasco from men's tennis :drool:

rasko
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:59 AM
well it's outsports.com and there is all kind of references, not that there is anything wrong with it

You are right. I was confused with Ana part... Maybe some bisexual gay wrote that?:lol:

rasko
Nov 22nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Djokovic at No 1? :eek: :help:
That is gay site. This is reason.:lol:

http://www.novak-djokovic.com/photo/2007_cincinnati/djokovic_cincinnati2007_02.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Drimal
Nov 22nd, 2007, 12:19 PM
Where is Daniela?!? :o :o :o

LudwigDvorak
Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
Well. They missed Blake, Safin, and Verdasco for this list, although Roddick and Djokovic are very attractive men (I despise Novak's game but he makes me kind of hot and bothered :unsure: ). Oli is cute too. :hearts:

It's a good list, plus it has some funny lines here and there. All of their choices are good looking aside from Nadal, but I guess he's hot to some 14-year-old girl in Spain. :unsure:

V-MAC
Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:37 PM

But I still think his head is a weird shape...:unsure:

Mr Melon head with the bad haircut :yeah:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:44 PM
Oh. I'll sink to my knees for Tipsarevic. :tape:

Kworb
Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:51 PM
Up to #2 it was a fine list but DJOKOVIC?? He's such a creep. I expected Tursunov to be in the top 10.. I guess Dima is not so popular anymore. At least Dementieva made it on :drool:

shap_half
Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
I am absolutely in love with janko. Jesus he is hots r us!

Craigy
Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
Tati, Nicole and Novak! :banana:

dybbuk
Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
Janko & Ana :kiss:

Nole #1? :tape:

plantman
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Plantman, which plants do you smoke?

Only the one's you can inhale!:)

tucker1989
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
yeah I've read that.

I think they're pretty right, I would just insert Kirilenko and Federer somewhere... and what's up with Djokovic at n.1???:tape:

Ana is finally recognized as the "most beautiful woman" in the WTA.:hearts:

Kirilenko, maybe. Federer, are you kidding me?

esquímaux
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
That is gay site. This is reason.:lol:

http://www.novak-djokovic.com/photo/2007_cincinnati/djokovic_cincinnati2007_02.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:Gentleman my arse! And shame on him for swinging out of left field :rolls::rolls::rolls:

Tennis-Chick
Nov 22nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
Serbians rule! :lol:

Janko :hearts: Nole :D

Tennisation
Nov 22nd, 2007, 06:54 PM
#1: Novak Djokovic
Luckily for gay tennis fans, when Djokovic shoots, we all score.:tape:

Pasta-Na
Nov 22nd, 2007, 07:11 PM
no kuzzy and franny? :shrug: :sad:

shap_half
Nov 22nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Tursunov and safin should both be on the list and james blake, too.
Someone should start a thread... Teehee hottest men 07