PDA

View Full Version : Has a player ever won a singles or doubles title without ever winning a match?

polishprodigy
Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:43 AM
This probably has only happened in doubles in a 10k, but has a player or team ever won a doubles title without winning a match or a complete match? (ie. all by ret. or w/o)

DimaDinosaur
Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:47 AM
Every grand slam Steffi Graf won after Seles was stabbed

Tennisstar86
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:21 AM

wow....

Kuznetsova almost did... if it hadnt have been for that pesky first round....

Slumpsova
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:03 AM
ouch! :lol:

Slumpsova
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:04 AM
wow....

Kuznetsova almost did... if it hadnt have been for that pesky first round....
Kuznetsova won bc Davenport gave up in the big match, as usual :o

Tennisstar86
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:11 AM

.....I was talking about her title win this year..... (Davenport was not there)

Renalicious
Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:09 AM

Lol. :tape:

Direwolf
Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:59 AM

can you be more disrespecful...:rolleyes:

get out of here!

:mad:

danieln1
Nov 23rd, 2007, 01:21 AM
Agreed...

Drake1980
Nov 23rd, 2007, 02:04 AM
lets get back to the question. I would love to know as well.

LindsayRulz
Nov 23rd, 2007, 02:20 AM

I suppose you are talking about the US Open 2004 semi final where Lindsay got injured after winning the first set 6-1, but you definitly didn't know what happened in this match before posting, as usual :o

Slumpsova
Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:13 AM
I suppose you are talking about the US Open 2004 semi final where Lindsay got injured after winning the first set 6-1, but you definitly didn't know what happened in this match before posting, as usual :o
yeah, right. Lindsay always injures in the match she lost. i suppose she did injure in Wimbledon 2004 and Australian Open 2005 as well :rolleyes:

bitch please, she isn't Serena. Lindsay never used such excuse for her loses and who are you to do that? :weirdo:

iPatty
Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:14 AM
yeah, right. Lindsay always injures in the match she lost. i suppose she did injure in Wimbledon 2004 and Australian Open 2005 as well :rolleyes:

bitch please, she isn't Serena. Lindsay never used such excuse for her loses and who are you to do that? :weirdo:

Did you watch the match at all? Lindsay was clearly injured. :unsure:

LindsayRulz
Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:41 AM

I never said that she was injured in those tournaments...

The fact is that you never saw the match, you don't even know what happened at the US Open 04 and in the Sanex Championship 2001 (in the other thread) and you are criticizing Lindsay for those matches... Just try to know what you're talking about before posting :wavey:

switz
Nov 23rd, 2007, 05:21 AM
The bigger questions is: Has a player ever won a singles or doubles title without ever winning a game?

switz
Nov 23rd, 2007, 05:22 AM
and yes Davenport the match against Kuznetsova was an occasion where Davenport actually was injured. Although there are plenty of big matches she gave up in where she wasn't. surely people have come to injure tuna's senseless ravings by now.

Slumpsova
Nov 23rd, 2007, 07:05 AM
and yes Davenport the match against Kuznetsova was an occasion where Davenport actually was injured. Although there are plenty of big matches she gave up in where she wasn't. surely people have come to injure tuna's senseless ravings by now.
what a surprise :lol:
get a life baby. you don't need to attack me everytime you have a chance bc i don't really care.

Boreas
Nov 23rd, 2007, 07:12 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What about creating a new thread:

How bad/not injured was Davenport , when she retired her matches?

A'DAM
Nov 23rd, 2007, 08:20 AM
Gsus people cant you just answer that question and stop bitchin' about Dav?

Taz Warrior
Nov 23rd, 2007, 08:26 AM
:topic:

markhingis
Nov 23rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
The bigger questions is: Has a player ever won a singles or doubles title without ever winning a game?

you mean:
round 1 - 0-6 / 0-5 ret.
round 2 - ret. and so on to the final??

that would be the luckiest of the luckiest achievement.

Tennace
Nov 23rd, 2007, 03:24 PM
There might be some doubles tournament where it rained and singles players just withdrew from doubles. Didnt it happen once this year or last year and some teams got to the semifinal/final without even playing a match?

Meelis
Nov 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
There might be some doubles tournament where it rained and singles players just withdrew from doubles. Didnt it happen once this year or last year and some teams got to the semifinal/final without even playing a match?

Berlin this year:

R1: PESCHKE (CZE) / STUBBS (AUS) (4) BYE
R2: PESCHKE (CZE) / STUBBS (AUS) (4) defeated JANKOVIC (SRB) / LI (CHN) Walkover
QF: PESCHKE (CZE) / STUBBS (AUS) (4) defeated KUZNETSOVA (RUS) / PETROVA (RUS) Walkover
SF: RAYMOND (USA) / STOSUR (AUS) (1) defeated PESCHKE (CZE) / STUBBS (AUS) (4) 6-2 6-2

$10,000 tournament in Tortosa only had 3 teams.