PDA

View Full Version : A poll about Anna Kournikova

Meghanns Journey
Nov 21st, 2007, 08:52 AM
Just want your opinion about Anna. :)

DimaDinosaur
Nov 21st, 2007, 09:12 AM
I want to pick "As long as she is happy, I'm glad"

but since that wasn't an option, i pick the closest thing to that: "No she shouldn't be bothered because she won doubles titles, she's rich and has a hot BF."

chuvack
Nov 21st, 2007, 09:18 AM
a fair question to ask, but all the options in the poll are rather stupid, so I don't vote.

But I can answer the poll question as "No", because Kournikova got out of tennis what she wanted. Her tennis career, while a waste of talent, was not that bad and it took her where she wanted to go.

CORIA01
Nov 21st, 2007, 09:25 AM
I Do Not Care

Renalicious
Nov 21st, 2007, 09:44 AM
My opinion: she wasted a hell of a lot of potential.

Mine too.

frontier
Nov 21st, 2007, 10:32 AM
she was never into tennis for tennis to begin with,she got what she wanted and she will never come back.

Henpova
Nov 21st, 2007, 11:43 AM
I think she could of won a few title if she would just have gotten over choking. We make fun of Dani for doing it, but my oh my look at her. On the other hand she should be happy. She won many doubles titles and and won two doubles grand slams titles. Thats nothing to put up your nose at.

Brengle_Nation
Nov 21st, 2007, 12:34 PM
I just had to vote that she should be dissapointed to have never won a singles title. She had bags of talent and a lot of people (including me) thought she and Martina were going to develop a close rivalry when they both started out.

I would like to think it bothered her because I don't like to think that she just used the game to get famous and rich. Sharapova today is a clear example that it is possible to be successful in the game while also enjoying the limelight off the court.

In my opinion, what a shame Anna didn't stick with the game.

DarkchildSwiss
Nov 21st, 2007, 05:00 PM
Yes it should bother her because she's too talented to never have won a singles title.

John.
Nov 21st, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yes it should bother - She should achieved so much more

*JR*
Nov 21st, 2007, 06:40 PM
she was never into tennis for tennis to begin with,she got what she wanted and she will never come back.
Spot on. I so cannot stand this bitch. If she were still active and Played Patty, I'd say that it was a shame only one of them could lose.

chuvack
Nov 21st, 2007, 06:48 PM
Spot on. I so cannot stand this bitch. If she were still active and Played Patty, I'd say that it was a shame only one of them could lose.

Patty Schnyder and Anna Kournikova were known to have a deep hate for one another, they played a matches with some fights and scandals.

Arhivarius
Nov 21st, 2007, 07:11 PM
Patty Schnyder and Anna Kournikova were known to have a deep hate for one another, they played a matches with some fights and scandals.

I remember those matches and I don't think that hatred was mutual.
It looks like Anna didn't care much for Patty and even didn't understand the reason for such animosity, but Patty indeed hated Anna so much that sometimes she even couldn't play and would drop her racket. Not been able to play she was mostly losing to Anna.

chuvack
Nov 21st, 2007, 07:25 PM
I remember those matches and I don't think that hatred was mutual.
It looks like Anna didn't care much for Patty and even didn't understand the reason for such animosity, but Patty indeed hated Anna so much that sometimes she even couldn't play and would drop her racket. Not been able to play she was mostly losing to Anna.

They had also problems from juniors. I heard a story that one time they played in Fed Cup and after Schnyder won the match, Kournikova refuse to shake Patty's hand, called her some names and such.