PDA

View Full Version : Are players easily adaptable to different racquets

pengluv
Nov 21st, 2007, 05:28 AM
If players switched racquets with one another would they still be able to play officiently...
like justine switchin racquets with serena's 05 racquet

or daniela using bartolis...

would they still be as good

Mike_T
Nov 21st, 2007, 10:25 AM
Iroda recently swapped to, what looks like, Nadal’s racquet. From what I saw of her play in the Asian Hopman Cup, I'd say she’s struggling to adapt to it.

miffedmax
Nov 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM
Players are reluctant to change rackets, which is why many of them play with older models painted to look like the new ones.

Occasionally, when a really revolutionary racket comes out, they'll switch and do well right off the bat (Dani at IW with her new Prince, e.g.)

But generally they don't like to change. How much of this is a real adjustment and how much of it is psychological I don't know.

schorsch
Nov 21st, 2007, 12:19 PM
Example JJ : She switched to the ozone7 for Prince for a few weeks, but didnt like it at all, she had loads of mishits though the specs are extremely similar. She switched back to her Prince o3 Red again.

So, yeah not only the rackets, but the adjustments to the racket (lead tape etc) can really bother them, so unless they really feel much better hitting with another racket they wont change.