PDA

View Full Version : 100K Poitiers 1R Vakulenko lost to Domachowska 3:6 ret.

cherboy
Nov 21st, 2007, 04:42 AM
Poor Julia?! Does anybody know what happens with her?!

adam_ads_n
Nov 21st, 2007, 06:28 AM
I heard it's an ankle injury....no idea how serious it is. I suppose It might have happened in the end of the set :( Maybe some sprain or something?

stefi62
Nov 21st, 2007, 06:41 AM
I was there at the match. She had both her ankles wrapped. She could play good, especially her serve and returns, but she had problems with rallies, especially to the net. She won easily 6-3, but obviously her right ankle was painful at the end. She was sad that she had to retire. The audience applauded her. I hope she is okay, I could not see her after.
That injury lasts since the semis of Quebec, and she had a similar one at the other ankle last year in Birmingham. Let's hope that's not too serious.

And by the way, the score was 6-3 for Julia in first set, then she retired.

adam_ads_n
Nov 21st, 2007, 08:14 AM
I was there at the match. She had both her ankles wrapped. She could play good, especially her serve and returns, but she had problems with rallies, especially to the net. She won easily 6-3, but obviously her right ankle was painful at the end. She was sad that she had to retire. The audience applauded her. I hope she is okay, I could not see her after.
That injury lasts since the semis of Quebec, and she had a similar one at the other ankle last year in Birmingham. Let's hope that's not too serious.

Thanks. I am sad for Julia too (still happy for Marta, cause she needs points) because I like her a lot. Nice reaction from the audience :yeah:

Shvedbarilescu
Nov 21st, 2007, 08:18 AM
Oh dear. I really hope Julia justs rests the leg now. No more ITFs, no league competitions, no nothing. Just rest. Julia has a had a great year. Next year can be even better. But there is no reason to jepardise that by playing now with a bad ankle.

Come back strong and fit next year, Julia. :yeah:

LUXXXAS
Nov 21st, 2007, 10:27 AM
OMG :help: Julia is so stupid :tape: She's playing crap 100K when still injured ?!? She should rest after a really great season and many injuries :smash: She's No. 32 in the world! :help: Total dumbass...

cherboy
Nov 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM
she leads 6-3 and have to retired?!?! well, that sounds badly. but she has still some weeks for rest and chill out. there aren't that much points she has to defend til may. hope she can break into the top20 in spring!!!! LOVE YA JULIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russianboy
Nov 21st, 2007, 08:09 PM
she still has problems with her foot. she twist it in quebec... and it still isnt fine

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 21st, 2007, 08:11 PM
:sobbing:

rest up for AO next year Julia!

maxomax
Nov 21st, 2007, 10:09 PM
I don't know why Julia decided to play a 100K Her both ankles were injured during the final against Davenport in Quebec city, she should just rest for 2008. I hope she will be ok in January!

Aaron.
Nov 21st, 2007, 10:52 PM
OMG :help: Julia is so stupid :tape: She's playing crap 100K when still injured ?!? She should rest after a really great season and many injuries :smash: She's No. 32 in the world! :help: Total dumbass... :spit:

Drake1980
Nov 21st, 2007, 11:39 PM
I can`t believe she played here after being so injured:eek: Why risk further injury.

DimaDinosaur
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:34 AM
Kevin.
Nov 22nd, 2007, 05:25 AM

did you see any othe rmatches in Poiters??
you should make a report!

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 22nd, 2007, 05:36 AM
I suppose this was the 1 point she needed to a "seed" at the Aussie Open :p

stefi62
Nov 22nd, 2007, 06:59 AM
did you see any othe rmatches in Poiters??
you should make a report!

I did not see many, but I'll try to make one. And put the vids I have.