PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Britney Spears of Womens Tennis?

kittyking
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Who is the Britney Spears of Womens Tennis?

Vote in the poll, and post your pick below

CORIA01
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:17 AM
:confused:

saint2
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Who is the Britney Spears of Womens Tennis?

Vote in the poll, and post your pick below

Whats that stupid idea to compare Dani to useles, ugly, fat whore like Spears?

kittyking
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Whats that stupid idea to compare Dani to useles, ugly, fat whore like Spears?

That option was more because Britney was absolutely adorable 5 years ago, and for all we know Britney could get her life back on track....

....possibly

And Britney isn't fat, its just she isnt anorexic anymore which is strange for us to see

Wayn77
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:41 AM
WTF is Shitney Spears? :shrug:

miffedmax
Nov 19th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't even compare players I don't like to Britney.

Aaron.
Nov 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Myskina,Dokic or Stevenson

so hard to decide :sobbing:

mashamaniac
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:10 PM
WTF?? such a worthless thread with a fucking stupid idea!!!??

ce
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Dokic]
coming back strong just like Britney is :D

JAMESYBABY!
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Dokic]

u hope dokic does come back strong, she def. reminded me with britney spears of wta :angel:

Fidello
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Leave Britney alone! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqtjOn9qVg4) :haha:

mashamaniac
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:25 PM
i wonder who's voted for masha?? what made you put her in dat list??!!

justine schnyder
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Stupid, but voted to Dokic

justine schnyder
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:34 PM

:scared:
That was so scary.
This guy is :silly:

Lunaris
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:38 PM
You mean which of these players sings just as poorly as Britney?

Keaka
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:06 PM
:haha:

Pasta-Na
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:41 PM
more more more more

Just Do It
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I voted Myskina, I just couldnt vote Dokic :tape:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Not even "Bagel Queen" Brie Whitehead deserves to stand beside her! :tape:

MisterMan
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Bethanie Mattek.

Overweight, limited talent, will do anything for attention.

gimmegimmemore gimmemore

saint2
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:10 PM
WOW! I never fought that Dokic has SO MUCH haters...

LCS
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Dokic]

Since when has Briteny comeback strong?? Not in this world for sure...

anyway no player deserves to be compared to such a ridiculous woman as Britney Spears.

hingis-seles
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:14 PM
It's Britney, bitch.

Just Do It
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:15 PM

anyway no player deserves to be compared to such a ridiculous woman as Britney Spears.

At least she is making some serious $$$ ;)

saint2
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:16 PM

True. Gentelman will never comare a Lady to Spears :devil:

-sugi-
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I voted for Alex. :haha:

LCS
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM
It's Britney, bitch.

Shut up! Narrow-minded people...

Paialii
Nov 19th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I wish I knew what we're supposed to think of this poll: what exactly are we comparing the players to in relation to Britney Spears? Quite frankly, there are several possibilities, even good ones. After all, Spears was/is one of the most successful artists of all time.

I don't want to mimick Chris Crocker, but the girl needs some slack.

Fidello
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I wish I knew what we're supposed to think of this poll: what exactly are we comparing the players to in relation to Britney Spears? Quite frankly, there are several possibilities, even good ones. After all, Spears was/is one of the most successful artists of all time.

I don't want to mimick Chris Crocker, but the girl needs some slack.Are you serious??? Artist???

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Where's Kournikova?

:scratch:

ce
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:13 PM

Get some help you blind ___ch:wavey:

~Eclipsed~
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I voted for Rodionova.

For some reason, I can see her shaving her head if she got mad enough.:lol:

Shuji Shuriken
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:10 PM
You mean besides Martina :drool: :tape: :drool:. I mean, they have so much in common...

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 19th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I agree stupid thread.

But you guys are so pre-judiced with Britney.

danieln1
Nov 19th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Serena?

LCS
Nov 19th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Get some help you blind ___ch:wavey:

You're the bitch here if you still haven't noticed...move to another planet...:wavey:

ce
Nov 19th, 2007, 09:43 PM
You're the bitch here if you still haven't noticed...move to another planet...:wavey:

o please,get a life you stupid thing:kiss:

RR-87
Nov 19th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Abigail Spears is who comes first on my mind :angel: :p

voted Dokic though :p

RR-87
Nov 19th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I voted for Rodionova.

:spit: :haha:

Bolt80
Nov 19th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Poll sounds funny. But what player has a coke problem and 2 kids with a unemployable retard.:shrug:

kittyking
Nov 19th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Where's Kournikova?

:scratch:

She retired to long ago, I decided to make it players who played at least one match this year.

If it was historically I would have certainly added Jennifer Capriati to the list, not only where they both on the Mickey Mouse Club but they both had an incredible fall from greatness

kittyking
Nov 19th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I voted for Rodionova.

I voted for her too

Your reason was better though :lol:

Tennisation
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:07 PM
oops she retired again

saint2
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Jelena has so many haters :rolleyes: Poor girl :hug: :kiss: Dont you people have a heart? Why are you insulting her so badly? :devil: And who DARED to vote for Daniela?

kittyking
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Jelena has so many haters :rolleyes: Poor girl :hug: :kiss: Dont you people have a heart? Why are you insulting her so badly? :devil: And who DARED to vote for Daniela?

Dokic has haters, Dani has haters, Sharapova has haters, The Williams sisters have haters, Henin has haters, Cheney has haters, The Clintons has haters, Bush has haters, Mother Teresa has haters, You and I have haters

Who are the only people who don't have haters? Dead people

saint2
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Dokic has haters, Dani has haters, Sharapova has haters, The Williams sisters have haters, Henin has haters, Cheney has haters, The Clintons has haters, Bush has haters, Mother Teresa has haters, You and I have haters

But according to that poll, she has almost more haters than rest girls icluded in poll :cool:

plantman
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:31 PM

:secret: I see dead people!:)

kittyking
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:33 PM
But according to that poll, she has almost more haters than rest girls icluded in poll :cool:

The Poll is not about which player is the most hated (otherwise I would have added in Serena, Venus and Justine duh)

Its about which player reminds you most of Britney Spears. And people see Britney is many different ways. Some see her as a beautiful celebrity who has earned your yearly income in the time it took to write this post. Others see her as someone her as a celebrity who has gone from a massive high to a massive low. Some people see her as wasted potential. Others may simply take pity on her.

This is why I have done such a broad band of players in the poll, its certainly not an insult for all the players to be there....well maybe for Brie

saint2
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:37 PM
The Poll is not about which player is the most hated (otherwise I would have added in Serena, Venus and Justine duh)

Its about which player reminds you most of Britney Spears. And people see Britney is many different ways. Some see her as a beautiful celebrity who has earned your yearly income in the time it took to write this post. Others see her as someone her as a celebrity who has gone from a massive high to a massive low. Some people see her as wasted potential. Others may simply take pity on her.

This is why I have done such a broad band of players in the poll, its certainly not an insult for all the players to be there....well maybe for Brie

beautiful? :tape: :tape:
potential? :tape: :tape:

Leave Brie alone :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kittyking
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:39 PM
beautiful? :tape: :tape:
potential? :tape: :tape:

Leave Brie alone :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Remember I said people see her in different ways :p

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Jelena Dokic probably. Serena would be the Aretha Franklin of tennis.
Vee would be Gladys Knight.

Martina Hingis would be, which is so obvious now, Whitney Houston.

Justine would be Alison Krauss. It makes sense because she has more Grammys than Aretha and noone really knows who she is and why that happens to be the case. :lol:

kittyking
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Martina Hingis would be Mother Teresa, except for saving hungry children in India she saved Tennis

What a lady :worship:

~Eclipsed~
Nov 20th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Martina Hingis would be Mother Teresa, except for saving hungry children in India she saved Tennis

When did Mother Teresa do coke? :unsure:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 20th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Abigail Spears :p

plantman
Nov 20th, 2007, 12:43 AM

:bigclap: :bigclap:

kittyking
Nov 20th, 2007, 12:48 AM
When did Mother Teresa do coke? :unsure:

Martina Hingis didn't do coke

~Eclipsed~
Nov 20th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Martina Hingis didn't do coke

maybe...

besides it was supposed to be a joke for the most part.

égalité
Nov 20th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Bethanie Mattek, clearly :angel:

kittyking
Nov 20th, 2007, 12:55 AM
maybe...

besides it was supposed to be a joke for the most part.

Then its time for you to turn around and say ya agree with me now then :p

frontier
Nov 20th, 2007, 01:10 AM
I think Hingis they are both not lucky in love and are dopers.

~Eclipsed~
Nov 20th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Then its time for you to turn around and say ya agree with me now then :p

:lol: i said maybe though. You never know, she might be guilty of it.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 20th, 2007, 01:33 AM
:lol: i said maybe though. You never know, she might be guilty of it.

Maybe she went behind one of those roped off VIP areas at a London club :angel: .

AnDyDog621
Nov 20th, 2007, 02:25 AM
I think Lindsay Davenport is most like Britney Spears. She has got all the titles and was number 1 for so long, but only won 3 majors. Britney has 5 top 2 albums, decent singles, and always perform to her ability, except she only won one grammy and her voice isn't that good. Also Britney has two kids while Lindsay has one. They are both on a comeback trail to NUMBER 1. I believe Britney will rule the pop world again, just like Lindsay will rule the tennis scene.

kittyking
Nov 20th, 2007, 03:02 AM
I think Lindsay Davenport is most like Britney Spears. She has got all the titles and was number 1 for so long, but only won 3 majors. Britney has 5 top 2 albums, decent singles, and always perform to her ability, except she only won one grammy and her voice isn't that good. Also Britney has two kids while Lindsay has one. They are both on a comeback trail to NUMBER 1. I believe Britney will rule the pop world again, just like Lindsay will rule the tennis scene.

Thats very true (forgot that Britney only won a single grammy)

So Disrespectful
Nov 20th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Britney and Dokic:
+Both have blonde hair
+Both started out hot and flat chested
+Both grew tits all of a sudden
+Both didn't play/sing for a few years
+Both declined in looks department
+Both had fallouts with their families
+Both making a comeback

AjdeNate!
Nov 20th, 2007, 06:55 AM
It's Britney, bitch.
It's Ali, Bitch!

fioredeliberi
Nov 20th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Sorry, I am not really familiar with the career of Britney Spears.
I understand she is an entertainer usually in the media?

ronim1
Nov 20th, 2007, 08:23 AM
This should be obvious:

Bethanie Mattek

She and Spears dress alike
:rolleyes:

kittyking
Nov 20th, 2007, 09:25 AM
This should be obvious:

Bethanie Mattek

She and Spears dress alike
:rolleyes:

I disagree, Britney used to have a very cute wardrobe but now Bethanie's outfits are so much better than hers :p

In The Zone
Nov 20th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Well. To be Britney Spears. You had to have PEAKED and been the best of the best. Everyone had to want to be you. And then, you fell apart and looked like a mess. And soon, you'll be the best again.

So clearly -- Maria Sharapova.

I'm the expert, obviously. ;)

Renalicious
Nov 20th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I voted Hantuchova. Both are/were pretty, both aren't OVERLY talented at what they do but still managed to find success.

saint2
Nov 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM

No to to już kurwa przesada ostra :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

I voted Hantuchova.

HATER :devil:

kittyking
Nov 20th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I voted Hantuchova. Both are/were pretty, both aren't OVERLY talented at what they do but still managed to find success.

Thats the exact reason why I put her as a poll option, glad someone agree's with me that she is a worthy nominee :)

merda2004
Nov 20th, 2007, 11:16 AM
u forgot to list kournikova...for me she is the britney of the tennis world..the rest of the girls u mentioned are not even close...lets take myskina for example...she had so many problems (family that is) so u cant list her here as being similar to brit.as about maria i dont even know why u mentioned her...she is still doing very well!!!

rada
Nov 20th, 2007, 11:51 AM
how is dokic winning the polls? she has NO cash

Adaora
Nov 20th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Mattek actually reminds me of Britney somehow

kittyking
Nov 20th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Eek surprised that Maria Sharapova is only one vote lower than Rodionova's, mind you I guess Maria did have a bit of a fall from grace after getting thrashed (controversially) in the Australian Open final.

maniactenisci
Nov 21st, 2007, 02:16 AM
hmmm that's a a very very very difficult question:p

mckyle.
Nov 21st, 2007, 02:20 AM
Who is Britney Spears?

kittyking
Nov 21st, 2007, 08:27 AM
Maria Sharapova was the big mover today

kittyking
Nov 21st, 2007, 10:17 PM
Olga's in last place, I thought her year of mostly bad tennis (how big was her loosing streak again?) that she would be higher up

mboyle
Nov 21st, 2007, 10:20 PM
Most of these players shouldn't be listed at all. Britney was the queen of the pop charts for at least 5 years. She had two diamond albums, which is really rare. She shouldn't be compared to any tennis player who has not been dominant. She should be compared to a formerly dominant tennis player who fell from grace due to distraction, unfortunate circumstances and a bit of laziness...Serena Williams seems like the obvious comparison.

kittyking
Nov 21st, 2007, 10:50 PM
Most of these players shouldn't be listed at all. Britney was the queen of the pop charts for at least 5 years. She had two diamond albums, which is really rare. She shouldn't be compared to any tennis player who has not been dominant. She should be compared to a formerly dominant tennis player who fell from grace due to distraction, unfortunate circumstances and a bit of laziness...Serena Williams seems like the obvious comparison.

Again as I've said before, people see Britney differently. I understand how you see her (as a queen of pop for the last 5 years) but other people see her as someone who underachieved (only 1 grammy) or worse (...need i say more...)

Topspin2
Nov 21st, 2007, 11:15 PM
Olga Poutchkova and Dementieva http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaoqB9ILI2w

kittyking
Nov 21st, 2007, 11:41 PM
:lol:

Drake1980
Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:12 AM
Kitty King is back with vegenace! Classic! Loves it!!

Kevin.
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:15 AM
why is Flipkens on the list??

I would say Dokic maybe
what about Tulyaganova?

kittyking
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:34 AM
Kitty King is back with vegenace! Classic! Loves it!!

Yay glad that you love me :kiss:

kittyking
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:37 AM
why is Flipkens on the list??

I would say Dokic maybe
what about Tulyaganova?

The reason why I put Flipkens there is because she dominated junior tennis as a teen (like Britney did) and then has failed to live upto expectations as an adult (like Britney has).

Why would you say Iroda? Injuries hurt Iroda and for all we know Britney may have been better off if she was injured, I mean that would be a good excuse for why her VMA performance was so infamous (rather than her looking just plain lazy)

spiritedenergy
Nov 22nd, 2007, 04:47 AM
Kuznetsova.

Reasons: lesbian tendencies, likes booze.

Vlad Tepes
Nov 22nd, 2007, 12:38 PM
:haha: :spit: :shrug:

plantman
Nov 22nd, 2007, 05:21 PM
Serena.....:shrug:

The afternoon of the ESPYs, Serena Williams showed up at the red carpet celebrity-style, fashionably late and with a large entourage. She wore a white Grecian chiffon dress by the up-and-coming designer Rachel Roy, and wore her hair piled atop her head. A gold necklace dangled deep in her cleavage, and the rhinestones on her Christian Dior sandals sparkled. Her shoulders shimmered with gold-flecked powder. "Is that Beyoncé?" someone wondered aloud. "She's a fashion icon," said another, clearly knowing it was Williams.

In that same post-Wimbledon interview in which Williams referred to herself as a superstar, she had gone on to describe her level of celebrity as "that Britney Spears thing." She regularly says of her body type that she's no "Mary-Kate Olsen." She told me at one point that she doesn't want to be written about like Paris Hilton, although don't get her wrong — Hilton is a "really nice girl," she says. Practically as often as she's comparing herself to Henin or Sharapova, Williams is placing herself in context among the gossip world's No. 1 players. Those kinds of references, of course, reflect a typical twentysomething celebrity fixation — Williams can carry on a conversation with one friend while texting another on one of her two P.D.A.'s and simultaneously checking for news about Nicole Richie's latest courtroom drama. But Williams also seems to want to believe that if she begins an acting career while she still has her Nikes in the tennis game, she has a chance at maintaining the same level of celebrity she has had as a world champion. In becoming an awards show presenter, an attender of premieres, a host of high-profile parties, a presence at fashion shows, a guest star on prime-time dramas, Williams may indeed hope to transcend the game. But her association with this other kind of fame may prove just the opposite — a relic of a certain moment of see-and-be-seen, TMZ.com-style celebrity, as dated as Chris Evert's tennis bracelet.

Then again, there is one more possibility, a story line that breaks the beloved traditional sports narrative, the one that requires single-minded sacrifice to be the best. Maybe

plantman
Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:27 PM
I disagree, Britney used to have a very cute wardrobe but now Bethanie's outfits are so much better than hers :p

So true!:)

saint2
Nov 22nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
OK, I can understand Dokic HAS a haters, Daniela HAS a haters, but one thing I'll propably never understand...What that Brie girl did for You? :haha: Before I entered that forum, I didnt ever know that some Brie Whitehead exist. Even now I dont know anything about her except fact that shes being bageled in almost every match she plays and many people have fun of her becouse of that . Propably she will never be a GS champion, but is it a reason to insulting her and comparing to trash, like Spears?

Tennisstar86
Nov 22nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
OK, I can understand Dokic HAS a haters, Daniela HAS a haters, but one thing I'll propably never understand...What that Brie girl did for You? :haha: Before I entered that forum, I didnt ever know that some Brie Whitehead exist. Even now I dont know anything about her except fact that shes being bageled in almost every match she plays and many people have fun of her becouse of that . Propably she will never be a GS champion, but is it a reason to insulting her and comparing to trash, like Spears?

I feel like i remember her talking about how great she would be.... and that the new age restrictions were stopping her from being a breakout star like Venus.. in her interviews as a child.... So maybe thats why people hate her?

And the Spears of Britney... hrmmm? hate to say but it looks like Hingis to me...
Great when she was young... retires... come back is less than sensational(which granted Hingis' wasnt that bad) and is now hooked on drugs....(lol i dont think shes guilty...but the comparison is too much...):lol:

Dan23
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:20 PM
wtf :spit: :scared:

Drake1980
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:39 PM
Kuznetsova.

LMAO:lol:

DimaDinosaur
Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
It's Britney, bitch!

(music starts playing)

kittyking
Nov 23rd, 2007, 12:51 AM
Apparantly I'm similar to Britney, not sure how though :confused:

kittyking
Nov 23rd, 2007, 12:52 AM
Kuznetsova.

Oh come on shes not the only player on tour that has lesbian tendencies and loves the booze :p

saint2
Nov 23rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Apparantly I'm similar to Britney, not sure how though :confused:

Mean your fat, not physicaly atractive midle aged woman, playing useless music, and mother of two bastards? ;) :lol: (No ofence, just kidding ;) )

kittyking
Nov 23rd, 2007, 09:47 AM
Mean your fat, not physicaly atractive midle aged woman, playing useless music, and mother of two bastards? ;) :lol: (No ofence, just kidding ;) )

I'm skinny, hot, 18, a man, drummer in a band, no kids (and gay). Then again she was hot at 18 like me :p

plantman
Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:34 PM

"middle aged woman"......:scratch:

treufreund
Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
Just like Justine says "Roger is Roger", "Britney is Britney!" LEAVE HER ALONE! :hearts:

saint2
Nov 23rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
"middle aged woman"......:scratch:

Old woman? :scratch:

plantman
Nov 23rd, 2007, 05:51 PM
Old woman? :scratch:

Britney Jean Spears
Born December 2, 1981

Elena Vyacheslavovna Dementieva
Born October 15, 1981

OMG!!! Their both so old...............NOT:lol: