PDA

View Full Version : TIER III tournament in Chile

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:18 AM
At Viña del Mar the same week of Antwerp . At least that says the official site http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/global/pdfs/events/2008/TourCalendar.pdf

It must be a joke cuz in Chile we don´t know anything about this respect

Does anyone know about it ? :confused:

Ferosh
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:45 AM
I thought 2007 was the last year that the tournament in Antwerp was going to be held.

rated_next
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:58 AM
great news :eek:

monster
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Great news but the asia leg is messed up- Pattaya and then week off and then Dubai...moved Bangladore to the previous week off-which is good.....

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 19th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Bangalore been moved to Mar 03 (free week)
its a good idea a tourn in S America but why not in Argentina ?

Tripp
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Bangalore been moved to Mar 03 (free week)
its a good idea a tourn in S America but why not in Argentina ?

Exactly my thoughts. But oh well, I guess it'll still be crowded with argentinian girls :p

I wonder how much this will last. Hopefully the chilean crowd will show some as much interest as they do in the men's tournament.

mod_er_farker
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:12 AM
I think Chile should have men's tournament since they have top male player, but not top female player.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:26 AM
I think Chile should have men's tournament since they have top male player, but not top female player.

Naah , the top male chilean player sucks

I prefer a WTA tournament :)

In The Zone
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:26 AM
A great idea. Three weeks of early red clay for the lower ranked girls. And I'm glad they got rid of the free week.

And I can't believe they are leaving Fes alone before Berlin. A new city, I would have thought, should be eager to purchase the Tier II rights from Warsaw. I'm actually quite stunned no one has yet.

tommyk75
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:45 AM
I still can't believe Doha is going to host a Tier I AND the Tour Championships. Not only that, the Tour Chps. are going to be held outdoors at the end of the indoor season. The WTA may be getting a ton of money, but it doesn't make sense, and I don't think it's good for tennis.

Oh, and as for there being no replacement for Warsaw, it's probably because both the Stuttgart and Madrid events are going to be moved into the clay court season in a couple of years.

njnetswill
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:34 AM
What is Chile's highest ranked female player? :confused:

Then again, it's not like the UAE or Qatar has top female players. :lol:

Slumpsova
Nov 19th, 2007, 07:49 AM
who is the highest ranked player in Chile? that girl Koch Benvenuto?

So Disrespectful
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM
That's amazing. Chile deserves this and I'm very happy about it :D

n.sad
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
in 2009 we will have in belgrade tournament/ prize money will be around 700000$

Wayn77
Nov 19th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Good ...

Should be more WTA tournaments in South America, they retain a real passion for the game down there.

spiceboy
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:04 PM
And I can't believe they are leaving Fes alone before Berlin. A new city, I would have thought, should be eager to purchase the Tier II rights from Warsaw. I'm actually quite stunned no one has yet.

Looks like Bangalore has bought the rights as it is now a Tier II :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Expecting Indian Wells to have an even worse draw than the previous years. Girls playing Doha/Dubai/Bangalore or Viña del Mar/Bogotá/Acapulco will definetely wait until Miami :help:

ce
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:07 PM
in 2009 we will have in belgrade tournament/ prize money will be around 700000$

:eek: :woohoo:
OMG cant wait :lol:

spiceboy
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:05 PM
WTF? Tier II Beijing in September has a 16 singles draw and a Wednesday start :tape:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Tokyo PPO is now outdoors hard ???

Matt01
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:16 PM
WTF? Tier II Beijing in September has a 16 singles draw and a Wednesday start :tape:

:help:

spiceboy
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:17 PM
LOL Larry has gone nuts all of a sudden :haha:

-sugi-
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Tokyo PPO is now outdoors hard ???
yeah, its moved to Ariake, the same venue as where the AIG Open is played, and that is two weeks afterwards.

I guess it will be like 2001/2002? where they had the Toyota Princess Cup there and the AIG a few weeks later.

Bangalore as a Tier II. :rolleyes: At least its not Kolkata.
Antwerp :sad:. My favourite tournament.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Antwerp :sad:. My favourite tournament.

Antwerp is still there in 2008 :)

Nicolás89
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:03 PM
the cachantun cup was an exhibition tournament that was held in santiago a very long time ago, the likes of pierce and kournikova played on there multiple times, now its back named The Beuty Challenge: Cachantun Cup, vaidisova, dulko and cbulkova will play this cup in december, in santiago.
no news about making it an official wta tournament and on viña. :shrug:

Ballbasher
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:04 PM
:help:

Great for Chile so we still get a "new" tourney after all :p
But seriously Bangalore as a T2 is a questionable decision.

Ballbasher
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:07 PM
They really should place a 100k or a 75k in the week of Antwerp/Vina del mar in Asia otherwise Pattaya might even get worse.

spiceboy
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Poor Pattaya has always been the joker of the WTA Tour always been left alone :help:

At least is not as bad as some other years when it took place during the YEC...

jamatthews
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Why are Budapest and Palermo on the same week? :confused: :tape:

jonny84
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Interesting that Chile gets a WTA tournament, but it makes a longer South American swing on tour.

And from the look of the calender no more Warsaw. That tournament always had top stars (Clijsters, Kuznetsova, Mauresmo, Venus and Henin) all winning or reaching the final in the last few years, so not sure why it was cancelled?

Ballbasher
Nov 19th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Poor Pattaya has always been the joker of the WTA Tour always been left alone :help:

At least is not as bad as some other years when it took place during the YEC...
I didn't think it was that bad these years.

Mightymirza
Nov 19th, 2007, 08:55 PM
bell challenge is the only tournament played on carpet anymore.. :eek:

felipe2004
Nov 19th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Nice for Chile and South America. :) There should be one in Brazil and Argentina as well, that would be perfect! :D But what a crazy schedule overall! :eek:

Hayato
Nov 19th, 2007, 10:22 PM
It's about time there was more than one tournament per year in South America! Strange that it's in Chile but now hopefully Argentina can follow suit and hopefully by 2009 we will have at least 3 South American tournaments each year. Great news :D