PDA

View Full Version : Williams Sisters to Unite @ AO, how will they do?

serenus_2k8
Nov 18th, 2007, 11:28 AM
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22763212-5010361,00.html

Exciting news, the Williams Sister are gearing up for the Olympics doubles!

How do you think they will do?

Renalicious
Nov 18th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I think they'll either win or make it to the final.

serenus_2k8
Nov 18th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I hope so, they could easily make it to the YEC in doubles! Are u allowed to play doubles and singles ther?

Renalicious
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Ummm...I think so. I'd imagine Martina Hingis competed in both singles and doubles there.

serenus_2k8
Nov 18th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Ooh that would rock - would be hard work tho so Im not sure they would do both! Just depends how well they play in singles!

Cant wait to see them in doubles...whats the time difference between UK & Aus? Bet I miss all the live stuff :(

RichyRena
Nov 18th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Ooh that would rock - would be hard work tho so Im not sure they would do both! Just depends how well they play in singles!

Cant wait to see them in doubles...whats the time difference between UK & Aus? Bet I miss all the live stuff :(

Haha Dont even go there, its horrible time difference. I rememberd during the Australian open this year I was up at about 2/3am and i watched every single one of serena's matches! On school nights god damit, so if that isnt a true serena fan I dont knwo what is! Thank god she won tho it made all the sleepless nights worth it, if she didnt win I would have been pissed. But im glad the sisters are doing doubles aswell altho that means im going to be watching Serena, Venus and their doubles matches! No sleep at all for me :| but wahey the more matches we can see them in the better. I Just hope the doubles doesnt affect their singles but to be honest I think it will just sharpen any errors they have in matches and give them more match play/practise I want another Australian 03 :D x

doni1212
Nov 18th, 2007, 07:39 PM
They will win in doubles, and one of them will win in singles, ;)

serenus_2k8
Nov 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I hope so - I agree, it would help

Good dedication - dunno if I could make that!!
I will stay up for QF /SF/F etc but I need my sleep :haha:
I thought the USO was hard enough damn!

darrinbaker00
Nov 18th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I hope so, they could easily make it to the YEC in doubles! Are u allowed to play doubles and singles ther?
If you qualify for both, yes.

darrinbaker00
Nov 18th, 2007, 10:07 PM

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

vw.
Nov 18th, 2007, 10:08 PM
They'll either lose early, or make a very deep run. Once they make the Quarters, I can't see them losing.

darrinbaker00
Nov 18th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Ummm...I think so. I'd imagine Martina Hingis competed in both singles and doubles there.
Svetlana Kuznetsova was the last to do both in the same year (2004).

darrinbaker00
Nov 18th, 2007, 10:16 PM
They'll either lose early, or make a very deep run. Once they make the Quarters, I can't see them losing.
You'll make a great politician someday, my friend. ;)

Brooklyn90
Nov 18th, 2007, 11:09 PM
:fiery:DOMINATION:fiery:

doni1212
Nov 18th, 2007, 11:38 PM
You'll make a great politician someday, my friend. ;)

:lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:25 AM
win both :)

williamsluva
Nov 30th, 2007, 02:55 AM
I dunno its all about their bodies holding up. Wasnt the 03 aussie magical? Singles and doubles finals for BOTH. I dont know if that will happen again, venus if in form, can make the finals this year cos this surface is like the uso now, its not as slow and high bouncing. I could care less if they lose early although that seems unlikely cos who can really beat them?? Its just injury, doubles is nothing serious cos the girls are such an incredible team if they didnt play singles theyd easily be dominating the doubles.

serenus_2k8
Nov 30th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Well i really hope the doubles has a positive effect on their singles.

I think they love to spend time with eachother and have so much respect for eachother that they might learn to enjoy tennis more now that they can play some 'who cares if we lose' tennis. I think we can expect some good tennis from them both in singles and doubles!

StarDuvallGrant
Nov 30th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Can they stick to being injury free? That will have probably the most to do with how far they go.

serenus_2k8
Nov 30th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Can they stick to being injury free? That will have probably the most to do with how far they go.

Lol i dont think that will be a problem! They will be rested up after getting all the partying out their system and be ready for some defending / point grabbing!

Craigy
Nov 30th, 2007, 06:40 PM
All I can think of is injury. :help:

G1Player2
Nov 30th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I am just more concerned with them being healthy and injury free than anything else. These injuries are getting :yawn: and very annoying. I wonder if Kerry Brooks has anything to do with this. Maybe they need a new trainer. Didn't Kerry have a baby recently. She could be pre-occupied in her personal life to dedicate full time and focus to Venus and Serea :shrug:

Dodoboy.
Nov 30th, 2007, 09:03 PM
For Venus definitely!!
It has always positively affected her. It improves her net play as well as other parts of he game. She has good volleys but they can be improved...this will do exactly that to it!

williamsluva
Dec 4th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I am just more concerned with them being healthy and injury free than anything else. These injuries are getting :yawn: and very annoying. I wonder if Kerry Brooks has anything to do with this. Maybe they need a new trainer. Didn't Kerry have a baby recently. She could be pre-occupied in her personal life to dedicate full time and focus to Venus and Serea :shrug:

A couple of other members (i dont remember who) have pointed this out, Kerry has never been much of a great trainer, her training methods are limited and archaic and most of the girls fitness comes from their own drive and determination Big example is that venus goes out for runs along the beach without kerry each day.

and now shes got a baby i hope it means they had to hire a "temporary" new trainer and get to see how badly they been done be her incompetitence.

I know that sounds kinda harsh but we are talking about the careers of two of the most talented female tennis players ever.

Dodoboy.
Dec 4th, 2007, 08:08 PM
would we rather them do well in doubles or singles..
i would rather see one of them win the singles!!!
have they played enough together to seriously be strong contenders!

Dodoboy.
Dec 4th, 2007, 08:09 PM
would we rather them do well in doubles or singles..
i would rather see one of them win the singles!!!
have they played enough together to seriously be strong contenders!!!

In The Zone
Dec 4th, 2007, 08:25 PM
When Serena plays doubles, her game becomes ALIVE. It explodes and she sees the singles court in a new way.

For Venus, it really helps her serve and volleys.

I don't care if they win it or not. I want them to play a few rounds and have their singles' games blazing in the second week of Australia.

serenus_2k8
Dec 5th, 2007, 07:40 PM
When Serena plays doubles, her game becomes ALIVE. It explodes and she sees the singles court in a new way.

For Venus, it really helps her serve and volleys.

I don't care if they win it or not. I want them to play a few rounds and have their singles' games blazing in the second week of Australia.

:worship: I really hope so! Venus has nothing to lose so she will really go at it! Im so excited though...it normally feels like such a treat to see one of them on court so to watch them both together at a Grand Slam would just be :drool:

Do they wanna do singles and doubles at olympics?

Olórin
Dec 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I think it will be be great. Hopefully both will avoid injury...I really think they would've won the Wimbledon Doubles title had Serena not had to pull out.

serenus_2k8
Dec 7th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Me too. They could easily become the no1 doubles pairing if they want!