PDA

View Full Version : Should Serena ditch Nike and move to EleVen?

serenus_2k8
Nov 18th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Since the start of the year her outfits have gone downhill totally! :tape: (indoor season - ouch!)
I think she should switch to the EleVen line so that Venus can prove they are great for women of all shapes and sizes :drool:

What you reckon? :confused:

Renalicious
Nov 18th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I think the indoor season outfit was pretty good... EleVen is cool, but I think it's Serena's fault for not picking out good outfits, not Nike, they have good outfits.

serenus_2k8
Nov 18th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Yeh I like Nike too tbh - but they make soooo much money worldwide that they could at least ensure one of their top athletes looks great all the time!

Renalicious
Nov 18th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Well, it's Serena's choice of outfit. I'm sure she was the one who picked the ugly outfits this year (*cough* Charleston*) :lol: I just hope that Serena really looks into the Nike outfits next year and find some great clothing!

serenus_2k8
Nov 18th, 2007, 11:59 AM
:lol: I hope so too - she cant let her older sister steal the fashion spotlight!

And wearing clothes even your mum wouldnt be caught dead in is a definite no!

*W*
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:05 PM
She should stay with Nike!
I am sure she'll have great outfits in 2008!

serenus_2k8
Nov 18th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yeh me too...i guess with all this fat talk she was a bit more self concious!

Hope she just pops out of nowhere at start of the year looking lean and very toned :D

and Catsuit II would rock - especially if Venus got in on the act :lol: matching catsuits in GS doubles final anyone?

RichyRena
Nov 18th, 2007, 07:38 PM
No I think serena should deffo Stick to Nike and not eleven it would bring on the whole sisters dressing the same..:|. Plus I don think any of the clothes would suit Serena from what ive seen of the Eleven line. She had some good moments this year i.e. Miami but then some nightmares like Hobart :| She can only learn Plus lets be honest she wasnt in shape to wear revealing clothes like Us Open 04 maybe towards the end of the year. But I think she will be in better shape next year and wear more revealing and fierce outfits :D So Serena Stick to nike

serenus_2k8
Nov 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Shes in better shape than we all think, its really the clothes letting her down!

doni1212
Nov 18th, 2007, 08:43 PM
When do the designs for the upcoming 08 season, come out from Nike?

In The Zone
Nov 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Serena gets tons of $$$$ from Nike. Eleven would be her sister's line and the money would be a vast difference. Serena will stay with Nike.

serenus_2k8
Nov 18th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I agree tbh - why doesn't Serena wear any Aneres stuff tho?

starin
Nov 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Serena's getting paid too much by Nike to not stay with the.

Sir Stefwhit
Nov 18th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Nike is fine, but I still loved some of those Puma classics. Her and Puma seemed to work well together, what happened, why did she leave them for Nike anyway?

darrinbaker00
Nov 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Nike is fine, but I still loved some of those Puma classics. Her and Puma seemed to work well together, what happened, why did she leave them for Nike anyway?
I have to assume that there's some hacking going on here, because the real Sir Stefwhit wouldn't ask such a naive question.

Sir Stefwhit
Nov 19th, 2007, 12:38 AM
I have to assume that there's some hacking going on here, because the real Sir Stefwhit wouldn't ask such a naive question.

Here's what I know:
Serena wore Puma for 5 years for 12 million and when the contract expired she signed with Nike for 60 million.

But what I don't know is why Puma didn't fight for her. Were they trying to get out of tennis- or did they simply think Serena wasn't worth more. I guess it was a simple matter of money and who was paying more- just wondered if there was anything else to it.

...lol no hacking here, I'm the real deal. Sure, I'm knowledgeable on most things Serena, but damn, I don't know everything :lol:

darrinbaker00
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Here's what I know:
Serena wore Puma for 5 years for 12 million and when the contract expired she signed with Nike for 60 million.

But what I don't know is why Puma didn't fight for her. Were they trying to get out of tennis- or did they simply think Serena wasn't worth more. I guess it was a simple matter of money and who was paying more- just wondered if there was anything else to it.

...lol no hacking here, I'm the real deal. Sure, I'm knowledgeable on most things Serena, but damn, I don't know everything :lol:
There's your answer, my friend. Nike made Serena an offer she couldn't refuse. ;)

darrinbaker00
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Since the start of the year her outfits have gone downhill totally! :tape: (indoor season - ouch!)
I think she should switch to the EleVen line so that Venus can prove they are great for women of all shapes and sizes :drool:

What you reckon? :confused:
You forgot the "No - Venus can't afford to hire Serena as an endorser" option. ;)

serenus_2k8
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:30 PM
:haha: good point! I'm shocked nobody was that desperate for poor Venus :(

StarDuvallGrant
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I think Venus' line is fine for Venus. I was underwhelmed by the outfits save for the fact they were new and it was about time Venus had something different on.

Renalicious
Nov 20th, 2007, 07:19 AM
I didn't like many of her Puma outfits.

Sir Stefwhit
Nov 20th, 2007, 07:46 AM
I didn't like many of her Puma outfits.

Puma had some good ones and of course that infamous 'catsuit', but I do like her Nike clothes better. I don't think she should get back with Puma or anything it's just that she was getting so much attention for her clothes when she was with Puma. So it seemed surprising that they didn't feel a need to fight for her, not to mention at that time Serena was untouchable, dominating tennis. She was a marketing dream. I guess Puma didn't see it that way.

Diesel
Nov 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Clothing don't get slams. Venus can keep her line.

PRICE $ TAG
Nov 23rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
Serena is who she is, and nike is responsible for bringing her to this point in her life. She is a nike product, and reasoning out of that is pointless.

Nike is honest about their intent, and Serena is of their means, keep it going.