PDA

View Full Version : well how will the justine/masha/wta haters explain the 1-sidedness of the ATP semis?

treufreund
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Personally I like the explanation that Ferrer and Fed rule whereas A-rod and Rafa suck but I do love how whenever Maria or especially JUSTINE is dominating we get to hear AD NAUSEAM how the WTA sucks and the ATP level is higher and how JUSTINE is not comparable to ROGER blah blah blah.

It's such baloney! of course Justine is Justine and Roger is Roger but there games are rather similar. only difference is that justine had a better record in 2007 by a bit.:devil:

PaulHopkins
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:47 AM
In my opinion the YEC > TMC! and also WTA > ATP!

The matches throughout the season have been more exciting on the WTA tour as has the drama!

mashamaniac
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:55 AM
well i believe in overall,wta sucks unless girls learn not to do that many DFs in a match!
but i still believe as someone said YEC > TMC...and in overall ATP > WTA!

treufreund
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:59 AM
female players almost always make more df's due to less spin on their serves and the more aggressive returning which creates pressure!!!

mashamaniac
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:03 PM
of course if i say WTA > ATP it doesn't mean that every of WTA matches are boring! i usually like to watch matches played by masha,venus,kuzy,nikki,justin and even golovin! but most of other matches are actually so boring to me...

xan
It's just the one-sidedness of the male commentators. Sport journalism is the last refuge of the caveman. UK press barely covered the WTA finals, but there's huge coverage of ATP in the papers. They just like to trivialise and ignore womens sport. With the women they prefer to report supposed bitchiness among the players and stuff like that. If it wasn't for TV no-one would know WTA champs had happened.

Ninny
What about last year's TMC final? That was even worse, with Federer drubbing Blake :haha:

serenus_2k8
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Ye it sucks that WTA is not in the papers more, but it is during Wimbeldon! I would expect a country that hosts a GS to be more into tennis but it doesnt look like..

Theres normally the odd article about murray tho :D

Henpova
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I like WTA much more then the ATP, on the ATP you have Federer....... then every one else. At lest in the womans game you have some good long matches.