PDA

View Full Version : How Many Posters Have Become Maria Fans Now (Or At Least Like Her More?)

stevos
Nov 16th, 2007, 04:56 AM
It seems that lately I've been reading people say "I normally don't like Maria, but I really hope she does well at the YEC", or "I think I'm a Maria fan now".

It's all pretty interesting, and it's probably due to the fact she was so down and out, and was vulnerable, but came back and showed us how strong she can be.

Or is it because there's no one else to like right now?

Why do you think she's gained more respect lately (or am I just oblivious, and everyone still hates her?).

spiritedenergy
Nov 16th, 2007, 05:00 AM
she has a long way to go to gain some respect. First she should stop screaming on-court, second she should act less stuck up, third she should quit her neverending and pathetic runner-up speeches.

switz
Nov 16th, 2007, 05:04 AM
most decent people aren't going to kick a dog while it's down. it's natural that people would soften on Maria when she's going through hard times and respect the way she brought her game back at the end of the year. We've also had much less exposure to Yuri this year and the shrieking seems to have been toned down a bit.

Things change very quickly. I've resolved not to get stuck into players too much anymore but expect the haters to return to force when Maria is winning a lot next year.

AcesHigh
Nov 16th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Well, Maria used to be the villain for a while. Now most fans see their faves getting beat down by Henin and a lot of people are going to root for the closest healthy consistent challenge and that is Sharapova.

A Magicman
Nov 16th, 2007, 06:32 AM
She is one of my favorite three top level players.

canuckfan
Nov 16th, 2007, 06:33 AM
she has a long way to go to gain some respect. First she should stop screaming on-court, second she should act less stuck up, third she should quit her neverending and pathetic runner-up speeches.

I think we get your point already.

Now you can stop posting the same shit in every threads

:yawn:

Juju4ever
Nov 16th, 2007, 07:16 AM
I guess you can count me in. As a tennis fan, Her defeats at the USO and Kremlin cup were disappointing. I think that a healthy and in form Maria is very important for the WTA. When she decided to play the YEC, I was afraid like most of the posters here(even her fans) she'll be destroyed, but she came back as strong as ever. I was so happy to see her playing her best again, I kind of became her fan for this event.

~Eclipsed~
Nov 16th, 2007, 07:30 AM
It seems that lately I've been reading people say "I normally don't like Maria, but I really hope she does well at the YEC", or "I think I'm a Maria fan now".

It's all pretty interesting, and it's probably due to the fact she was so down and out, and was vulnerable, but came back and showed us how strong she can be.

Or is it because there's no one else to like right now?

Why do you think she's gained more respect lately (or am I just oblivious, and everyone still hates her?).

It probably only appears that way to you because you have a huge hard on for her.:hug:

:lol: just kidding.

In all seriousness, it's probably because people sympathize with her since she's had so many injury problems. People are probably also proud of how well she's done at the YEC considering it's one of her only tournaments during the indoor season. I for one had pegged her to lose to almost everyone in her in group.

Write that down that i'm supporting Maria in this time period because you'll most likely never see it again.:cool:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 16th, 2007, 07:31 AM
She's one of my "4 Angels Of Tennis" (i.e: my faves :lol: ) - others are Justine (obviously :p ), Ana and Dani.

Since when? June 2004 ;)

So Disrespectful
Nov 16th, 2007, 08:01 AM
People tend to like players more coming back from injury.

Renalicious
Nov 16th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I was going for her at the YEC for numerous reasons...

1) Anyone who is a threat to Justine is a-ok in my books. :D
2) Sharapova played really well in the YEC and showed who's boss.
3) I do like underdogs, and she was definitely one.
4) She was no longer a threat to the Williams Sisters.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM
4) She was no longer a threat to the Williams Sisters.

Correction... she IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE a threat to the Williams Sisters.

Just because she got walloped by them this year doesn't mean she isn't a threat to them anymore....

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 16th, 2007, 10:39 AM
most decent people aren't going to kick a dog while it's down. it's natural that people would soften on Maria when she's going through hard times and respect the way she brought her game back at the end of the year. We've also had much less exposure to Yuri this year and the shrieking seems to have been toned down a bit.

Things change very quickly. I've resolved not to get stuck into players too much anymore but expect the haters to return to force when Maria is winning a lot next year.

LOL sorry to say but this has probably only a bit of truth to it and i'll name a couple of players...serena and venus :o

anyways my only thing against her was that she was hyped by the media as the greatest thing since sliced bread which all came because she beat who the media did not like (no names :o ) cause i believe if she had beat anyone else it probably wouldn't have meant the same thing to the media (and yes in that sense i believe she was overrated)...now the same media is tearing her down after all the hype because she is injured...that i can understand and relate to from a williams fan perspective so that's how my mind changed...

Renalicious
Nov 16th, 2007, 10:51 AM

Just because she got walloped by them this year doesn't mean she isn't a threat to them anymore....

Let's face it...the only credible win for Sharapova over Serena was the Wimbledon final. Miami - Serena won. YEC - Serena was up 4-0 INJURED, strong possibility that she would have won. AO - Serena was playing pretty crap and Sharapova was playing some of her best tennis, and yet she came through. AO 07 - Demolition job. Miami 07 - Even more of a demolition job. She's probably a threat to both but not a big one.

Princeza
Nov 16th, 2007, 11:12 AM

Exactly

nicky007
Nov 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Watching the final in Madrid against Justine, I was warming towards her, given that before I was not really a fan. However, once she started on her runner-up speech, I just cooled off because she was going over-board with the compliments and didnot seem sincere (buttering people up - appeared like that to me atleast).

sonnys
Nov 16th, 2007, 11:43 AM
After the last final against JH, i really like maria, it is good to see her back so strong!!!!:drool:

Renalicious
Nov 16th, 2007, 11:45 AM
And by the way, I meant 'she wasn't a threat anymore' because Serena had pulled out and Venus didn't play. So there was no possible way Maria was going to beat them.

Matt01
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Let's face it...the only credible win for Sharapova over Serena was the Wimbledon final. Miami - Serena won. YEC - Serena was up 4-0 INJURED, strong possibility that she would have won. AO - Serena was playing pretty crap and Sharapova was playing some of her best tennis, and yet she came through. AO 07 - Demolition job. Miami 07 - Even more of a demolition job. She's probably a threat to both but not a big one.

And what are your excuses for Venus' losses against Sharapova?

ce
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Hate her less
:tape:

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:16 PM
A lot of tennis fans don't want to see every Maria early round match.
During the USO, her first 2 matches were at night, and were like 60 61.
Nobody wants to see that.
The networks force Maria down everyone's throat. People want competitive matches, not Sharapova vs #100.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM

when venus has played her best vs masha she has won... :shrug:

sharapovarulz1
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:24 PM
i have always been a maria fan and always will be :)

Matt01
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:25 PM
when venus has played her best vs masha she has won... :shrug:

And when Masha played her best against Venus she has won...

And how often did Venus "play her best" in the last 4-5 years? :angel:

Matt01
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Hate her less

Same here :angel:

Ben.
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I've always respected maria's game & her fighting spirit...but ever since the YEC she has grown on me.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:32 PM
And when Masha played her best against Venus she has won...

And how often did Venus "play her best" in the last 4-5 years? :angel:

wimby 05 they both played their best :wavey:

Wayn77
Nov 16th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Upmost respect for her game and competitive spirit.

A fan? Nope.

Forehand_Volley
Nov 16th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Maria has never missed a grand slam tournament in her career, injured or not. She's a workhorse and always gives kudos to her victors. She's always been a class act and is the most prolific of her generation.

miffedmax
Nov 16th, 2007, 01:57 PM
The meter didn't move at all for me. I actually like TOB--she's only TOB compared to you know who.

stevos
Nov 16th, 2007, 06:12 PM
The meter didn't move at all for me. I actually like TOB--she's only TOB compared to you know who.

Yes, I know who. :lol:

I didn't expect everyone was changing, I had just noticed quite a few people changing sentiments, and wanted to know all the reasons for this.

Tennisation
Nov 16th, 2007, 06:33 PM
why?

thrust
Nov 16th, 2007, 08:51 PM

I agree! She proved in the YEC that the only reason she got walloped by anyone was because she was injured, and far from her best. Not a fan yet, but do have more respect for her now.

Max565
Nov 16th, 2007, 09:09 PM
She's my second favourite player after Hingis. :) :D

dwynn10
Nov 16th, 2007, 10:15 PM

:lol: Let's just say I'm not ready to shelf my nickname for her, Shriekapova, anytime soon. However, her respectful, even unnecessarily groveling, comments regarding Henin softened me somewhat. Not that I'm an Henin fan by any means, but I liked that she acknowledged her opponent's achievements, unlike some others on the tour. Actually, I had disliked both of them heartily until they started sounding more mature and respectful about tennis, themselves, and other players. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude now.

FrchTwst
Nov 16th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I like her because she has a shot at beating Henin.

Keaka
Nov 16th, 2007, 10:43 PM
I'm not a fan of anybody particularly, I just have tennis players I like.

And I started to like Sharapova after YEC actually. She's OK.

Denise4925
Nov 16th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I like her better now because I think she's a really nice girl and I couldn't see that for the hype surrounding her. She was very overrated and touted as the second coming, but I realize now that it wasn't her fault and as a teenager, she was celebrating in her own celebrity. Who wouldn't? I also think my dislike of her had a lot to do with her father, who I still dislike, but she can't help who her parents are or how they are and I can't like or dislike her based on that.

Also, tennis-wise I think she's a good player. She's got a lot of growing and maturing to do as far as her game is concerned, but I'm sure that will come together if she plays long enough. Also, I think she likes to think for herself on the court and figure things out if she can, but again her game is not that multi-dimensional so it's kind of hard for her to pull some things out when she doesn't have a lot in her bag of tricks. I think she has good court ethics and she respects her opponents. I hope that never changes. I hope she never gets desperate enough to incorporate gamesmanship into her game.

Lastly, there's really nothing for me to hate about her anymore since she's not that much of a threat to my faves. I'm not a fan and probably never will be, but I'll root for her any day against Justine.

Sorry if some don't like what I have to say, but that's honestly how I feel and it's not going to change because people don't like it. :shrug:

serenafan08
Nov 16th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Maria's alright. Like Denise, I couldn't see why all the hype was surrounding her. I still think she used her fans used the shoulder injury as an excuse too much when she lost. I've been saying all along that if Maria gets her confidence back her injury will disappear. And sure enough, at this tournament she got her confidence back and made a terrific run. So I commend her for that.

Kart
Nov 16th, 2007, 11:44 PM
I'm not a Maria fan but I do think she is the real deal - unlike several other pretenders at the top.

I'm pleased for her and her fans that she managed to demonstrate again recently.

stevos
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:40 AM
I like her better now because I think she's a really nice girl and I couldn't see that for the hype surrounding her. She was very overrated and touted as the second coming, but I realize now that it wasn't her fault and as a teenager, she was celebrating in her own celebrity. Who wouldn't? I also think my dislike of her had a lot to do with her father, who I still dislike, but she can't help who her parents are or how they are and I can't like or dislike her based on that.

Also, tennis-wise I think she's a good player. She's got a lot of growing and maturing to do as far as her game is concerned, but I'm sure that will come together if she plays long enough. Also, I think she likes to think for herself on the court and figure things out if she can, but again her game is not that multi-dimensional so it's kind of hard for her to pull some things out when she doesn't have a lot in her bag of tricks. I think she has good court ethics and she respects her opponents. I hope that never changes. I hope she never gets desperate enough to incorporate gamesmanship into her game.

Lastly, there's really nothing for me to hate about her anymore since she's not that much of a threat to my faves. I'm not a fan and probably never will be, but I'll root for her any day against Justine.

Sorry if some don't like what I have to say, but that's honestly how I feel and it's not going to change because people don't like it. :shrug:
Probably my favourite post by you.
Also, thanks for the long post. I love longposts :drool:.
And we'll agree to disagree on the "threat to your faves" part. ;)
I'm not a Maria fan but I do think she is the real deal - unlike several other pretenders at the top.

I'm pleased for her and her fans that she managed to demonstrate again recently.

:)
I'm glad I'm not delusional, because I definitely trust when you say something.

Derek.
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I can't believe people saying that Maria isn't a threat to their faves. :lol:

Dan23
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah its interesting :lol:

bunch_01
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:53 AM
I respect her more but I'll be rooting against her until she turns 23. The whole pedophilic reaction of the media is too much to stomach. I'd rather see her lose and the media stay quiet than see her win and have the media tripping over its "tongue" to showcase her at every opportunity. Plain old Justine is the best thing to happen to tennis media in quite a while...forces them to cover the actual sport. Let me add I regret the way I feel but that's how it is.

Why 23? She'll be a veteran.

MatchpointPRT
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:54 AM
This year i really started liking Maria and i can say i´m a fan now...

Renalicious
Nov 17th, 2007, 01:12 AM

Nothing, she played better.

Denise4925
Nov 17th, 2007, 01:42 AM

Well, I think you take it the wrong way. She's not a threat in that she can be beaten. Personally I think everyone on any given day is a threat, but she's not a threat to my faves in that they've figured out how to beat her. And, that fear is no longer there. Yes, Maria instilled fear in everyone for a while, just as Justine is doing, just as Serena and Venus did. There was a time that whenever one of my faves played her, I personally feared that they would lose because she was beating them left and right and she had the confidence and the momentum going in the match. Now, circumstances have changed and I personally no longer fear that. It can go either way.

I don't know if that makes sense to you and if it doesn't, I'll try to do a better job at explaining. But by no means do I mean to degrade her talent or disrespect her as a tennis player by saying that. It's merely a personal thing for me as a fan.

Martian Jeza
Nov 17th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Still neutral about her but when she gets targeted unfairly, I like to defend her. This is my point of view about Masha. It doesn't take away, I don't like that much her style of play.

hablo
Nov 17th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Still not a fan.

AcesHigh
Nov 17th, 2007, 02:37 AM
I agree! She proved in the YEC that the only reason she got walloped by anyone was because she was injured, and far from her best. Not a fan yet, but do have more respect for her now.

How did she prove that??

Maria is a threat to EVERYONE. However, if you are a fan of Jankovic, Ivanovic, Henin, Venus, Serena and possibly a few others, I don't think you have any need to fear because, until Sharapova proves 2007 was a fluke, all of these players can outplay her.

Let's see what happens, but for now, I'm rooting for her.

Reese_x
Nov 17th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Tennis aside, I think she's matured on and off court way more than during the US Open and before that. During the on court interview after her win against Ivanovic, I feel as if shes more mellow and that her answers were more sensible than before. I wouldn't say im a huge fan but i definitely like her more than i did a couple of months ago.
Oh and DAMN that final was amazing, sharapova played probably some of the best tennis ive seen in a while

spiritedenergy
Nov 17th, 2007, 05:22 AM

she's peaked.

and how can someone mentally healty really like her dissertations? They are conceited and so fake she could wear them for Halloween

spiritedenergy
Nov 17th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Well, I think you take it the wrong way. She's not a threat in that she can be beaten. Personally I think everyone on any given day is a threat, but she's not a threat to my faves in that they've figured out how to beat her. And, that fear is no longer there. Yes, Maria instilled fear in everyone for a while, just as Justine is doing, just as Serena and Venus did. There was a time that whenever one of my faves played her, I personally feared that they would lose because she was beating them left and right and she had the confidence and the momentum going in the match. Now, circumstances have changed and I personally no longer fear that. It can go either way.

I don't know if that makes sense to you and if it doesn't, I'll try to do a better job at explaining. But by no means do I mean to degrade her talent or disrespect her as a tennis player by saying that. It's merely a personal thing for me as a fan.

i think you are totally right:worship:

drake3781
Nov 17th, 2007, 05:53 AM

A lot of tennis fans don't want to see every Maria early round match.
During the USO, her first 2 matches were at night, and were like 60 61.
Nobody wants to see that.
The networks force Maria down everyone's throat. People want competitive matches, not Sharapova vs #100.

I respect her more but I'll be rooting against her until she turns 23. The whole pedophilic reaction of the media is too much to stomach. I'd rather see her lose and the media stay quiet than see her win and have the media tripping over its "tongue" to showcase her at every opportunity. Plain old Justine is the best thing to happen to tennis media in quite a while...forces them to cover the actual sport. Let me add I regret the way I feel but that's how it is.

Why 23? She'll be a veteran.

I agree with all of that, and even more, her TV commercials are really annoying. So no, not a fan and don't like her more.

Tennisstar86
Nov 17th, 2007, 08:06 AM

she definately did not prove that... lol maria got walloped before the injury (a 6-0, 6-0 bagel to Davenport):tape: and her beatings by Serena and Venus this year had nothing to do with her injury. Nor did her self destruction at the U.S. OPEN....

Now granted.... when maria is hitting her shots, yes she is a danger to anyone except a Venus hitting her shots (yes, they play similar games, but Venus is fast...and moves better.... at their best. Benus is better because Sharapova doesnt have anything to beat her with. How do you beat someone with the same game as you who plays it better than you do? Hope they play badly? I think so......)

All that, I actually did catch that she was no longer a "threat" to the sisters as they werent in the tourny... lol but i see others just wanted to jump all over you.....lol

Princeza
Nov 17th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Lol at people thinking they are the players.
Who are you to say "my fave doesn't fear Maria anymore" How can you now, are you the one playing? Are you in their head?

This site shows the amazing ability for people to put themselves in the shoes of others, it's so funny...

Denise4925
Nov 17th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Lol at people thinking they are the players.
Who are you to say "my fave doesn't fear Maria anymore" How can you now, are you the one playing? Are you in their head?

This site shows the amazing ability for people to put themselves in the shoes of others, it's so funny...

I don't think anyone said that.

Kart
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:49 PM

she's peaked.

and how can someone mentally healthy really like her dissertations? They are conceited and so fake she could wear them for Halloween

Eh?

She's a tennis player, not my life coach. Why should I care how fake or genuine she is :shrug:

Kart
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Oh and as to whether she's peaked or not, tell someone who cares.

Personally I would be more inclined to question the mental health of someone that writes off anyone that's won a grand slam and reached another final in the last 18 months.

PaulHopkins
Nov 17th, 2007, 12:53 PM
No chance has she peaked! The way she came back at YEC after hardly playing during the second half of the season shows she is the real deal! She thrashed the likes of Ivanovic who have been the so-called stars of this season!

Matt01
Nov 17th, 2007, 01:07 PM
No chance has she peaked! The way she came back at YEC after hardly playing during the second half of the season shows she is the real deal! She thrashed the likes of Ivanovic who have been the so-called stars of this season!

In a meaningless match when the semi-final finals participants were already decided, yes.
And Ivanovic trashed Sharapova before in a semi-final of a Slam. :wavey:

Dan23
Nov 17th, 2007, 01:25 PM
she definately did not prove that... lol maria got walloped before the injury (a 6-0, 6-0 bagel to Davenport):tape: and her beatings by Serena and Venus this year had nothing to do with her injury. Nor did her self destruction at the U.S. OPEN....:lol: thanks for tellin it like it is and clearing things up for us :o

In a meaningless match when the semi-final finals participants were already decided, yes.
And Ivanovic trashed Sharapova before in a semi-final of a Slam. :wavey::lol: it wasnt meaningless beforehand. Count the matches marred by injury if you like but at that YEC match they were even, both in the same boat....and the H2H is still 2-2.
Ana would need to think about making a few more slam SF's in order to consider herself amongst the likes of Maria etc.

anon57
Nov 17th, 2007, 01:34 PM
I am not a huge fan of Sharapova's game, but when she's playing well she is one of the top competitors in the WTA. And I'll be interested in seeing how 2008 goes for her

DaniMasha3
Nov 17th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I have been a fan of maria since 2004 french open...but i now have relized that ther is more then just looks celebrity and a grunt to her. she is a amazing person who i think always gives credit to her oppents and is truly a great person. Althought this injury has taken alot out of her this year i belevie that she will come back stronger. Another part about what i love about maria is she handeled the young success extremely well i mean Ana, Nicole Anna etc. are great talents but by the time maria was there age she had already had 2 grandslams and tons of other credentials.She is still young and i think that there is much more ahead of her in her carrer.

vswfan
Nov 17th, 2007, 02:13 PM
i hated maria since she beat serena at wimbledon, but i love her and become a fan of her since Dubai last year
the match between martina and her was beautiful

Groenefelder25
Nov 17th, 2007, 02:16 PM
im really close to becoming a fan. She seems to have matured a lot and is very pleasent when defeated

spiritedenergy
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:38 PM
im really close to becoming a fan. She seems to have matured a lot and is very pleasent when defeated

of course she has lost so many times this year that she HAS to accept that.

Unless she modifies significantly her one dimensional, ball bashing game, i cannot see her winning any other slam in her career, sorry.

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:52 PM

Unless she modifies significantly her one dimensional, ball bashing game, i cannot see her winning any other slam in her career, sorry.She is making improvements, in her volleying and shot selection.
Her game revolves around her serve. When it's on, Maria is a slam contender.

-VSR-
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Alright. As for Maria Sharapova, I think I don't dislike her as much as I used to. It's probably because Serena has demolished her this year and Venus beat her pretty well at Wimbledon. But I think she's had matured. As Denise said, I love that it seems like she thinks for herself on court. I know her father likes to give her little signs but I really think she wants to do it herself.

I don't really care for her fans on WTAWorld sometimes they will make me not like Sharapova as much. But I like rivalries. I want Sharapova-Serena rivalry back. Like long grueling matches ('05 AO SF)! I was those type of matches back that keep you on the edge of your seat and wanting more. I respect Sharapova's ability to fight 'till the last points. It's all up in th air right now but I think that dislike has lightened a bit.

Andy.
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:57 PM
She is making improvements, in her volleying and shot selection.
Her game revolves around her serve. When it's on, Maria is a slam contender.
There is no point reasoning with him. Dont waste your energy GL

Tamus
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:58 PM

Unless she modifies significantly her one dimensional, ball bashing game, i cannot see her winning any other slam in her career, sorry.

Does it really matter if you can "see" her winning any more slams in the future? Her "one dimensional, ball bashing game" was good enough to win 2 slams already, despite the fact that you despise her. Go back to your hole.

Andy.
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Alright. As for Maria Sharapova, I think I don't dislike her as much as I used to. It's probably because Serena has demolished her this year and Venus beat her pretty well at Wimbledon. But I think she's had matured. As Denise said, I love that it seems like she thinks for herself on court. I know her father likes to give her little signs but I really think she wants to do it herself.

I don't really care for her fans on WTAWorld sometimes they will make me not like Sharapova as much. But I like rivalries. I want Sharapova-Serena rivalry back. Like long grueling matches ('05 AO SF)! I was those type of matches back that keep you on the edge of your seat and wanting more. I respect Sharapova's ability to fight 'till the last points. It's all up in th air right now but I think that dislike has lightened a bit.

What are the reasons why you disliked her so much?

spiritedenergy
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Does it really matter if you can "see" her winning any more slams in the future? Her "one dimensional, ball bashing game" was good enough to win 2 slams already, despite the fact that you despise her. Go back to your hole.

because now everyone is playing her game and she is just another mindless drone, like you.

Andy.
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:03 AM
because now everyone is playing her game and she is just another mindless drone, like you.

Can you just go and play in traffic or something. There is no need for you to go into every Maria thread and start preaching your shit.

-VSR-
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:05 AM
What are the reasons why you disliked her so much?

Pretty much her father, the hype, definitely the '04 YEC celebration against Serena when she knew she was injured, and some of her fans. I think's she really matured on and off the court. Now I just think her fathers insanse and no one can control him. I've gotten past her behavior at the '04 YEC. As for her fans, I just ignore the stupid ones that just want to start fights.

I really just want a good rivalry between Serena and Sharapova. I just love the drama on court and the fight between the two. Always keeps me on the edge of my seat and I respect their matches.

spiritedenergy
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Can you just go and play in traffic or something. There is no need for you to go into every Maria thread and start preaching your shit.

There is freedom of speech and I can express my opinion on your untouchable as I wish.

Tamus
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:07 AM

That was a rhetorical question, and it didn't begin with the word "why".

Andy.
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Pretty much her father, the hype, definitely the '04 YEC celebration against Serena when she knew she was injured, and some of her fans. I think's she really matured on and off the court. Now I just think her fathers insanse and no one can control him. I've gotten past her behavior at the '04 YEC. As for her fans, I just ignore the stupid ones that just want to start fights.

I really just want a good rivalry between Serena and Sharapova. I just love the drama on court and the fight between the two. Always keeps me on the edge of my seat and I respect their matches.
Yeah thats cool Im sure Yuri has been responsible for turning more than a few people off her for a while. Yeah Im really hoping their rivalry takes off again in 2008. Even better if Venus and Justine as well as Masha and Serena were all battling it out next year for the top spot and the slams.

spiritedenergy
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:08 AM
That was a rhetorical question, and it didn't begin with the word "why".

well that was the answer you needed.

Andy.
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:08 AM

There is freedom of speech and I can express my opinion on your untouchable as I wish.
Freedon of speech is one thing you just go around blatently attacking her in every single thread in an aggresive/trash talking manner.

zvonarevarulz
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Maria is a great player that's all there is to it.

spiritedenergy
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Freedon of speech is one thing you just go around blatently attacking her in every single thread in an aggresive/trash talking manner.

I'm not trash talking her, I'm just expressing what I think in an honest and open manner. Why should I fake and say that I like her? To please you?:help:

Svetlana.
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:16 AM
I liked Maria in 2004 and 2005, but her arrogance made me be indifferent to her in 2006 and in the beginning of 2007. (especially after seeing Maria's reaction when she played injured Golovin)

Ones she showed up in Moscow to support the fellow Russians in the Fed Cup final, I kind of warmed up to her again...

Maria seems to be more mature lately...

I hope she can distance herself from her father for her own good (only in tennis of course)

Tamus
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:18 AM
I'm not trash talking her, I'm just expressing what I think in an honest and open manner. Why should I fake and say that I like her? To please you?:help:

You called her a mindless drone.

spiritedenergy
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:19 AM
(especially after seeing Maria's reaction when she played injured Golovin)

what did she do?

spiritedenergy
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:21 AM
You called her a mindless drone.

it's not an insult, it's a description for baseline aggressive tennis players. Another description is "brainless ball basher". I'm not the only one here using these terms.

Svetlana.
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:21 AM
what did she do?

do you want more evidence to bash Maria? I don't think I'll go there :lol:

Svetlana.
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:23 AM
it's not an insult, it's a description for baseline aggressive tennis players. Another description is "brainless ball basher". I'm not the only one here using these terms.

Didn't that "brainless ball basher" Nalbandian just won two Masters? :D

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:23 AM
just ignore spiritedenergy ,

Tennisation
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:25 AM
this thread is uncall for, it's an invitation for Maria bashing. It almost sounds like a desperate attempt to find more Maria fans, if you like her, great, keep it to ur fucken self, besides, what significant thing have Maria really done to win more respect from fans?

spiritedenergy
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:39 AM
this thread is uncall for, it's an invitation for Maria bashing. It almost sounds like a desperate attempt to find more Maria fans, if you like her, great, keep it to ur fucken self, besides, what significant thing have Maria really done to win more respect from fans?

:worship:

Oh my gosh I love you:D

Exactly, Sharapova's fans are desperate for making their idol liked by everyone just like their idol is.

And sweetcleo, be less delusional please.

Svetlana.
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:51 AM
:worship:

Oh my gosh I love you:D

Exactly, Sharapova's fans are desperate for making their idol liked by everyone just like their idol is.

And sweetcleo, be less delusional please.

Are you two talking about Serena's fans? Oh.. you are, ok it what I was thinking... :wavey:

Denise4925
Nov 18th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Are you two talking about Serena's fans? Oh.. you are, ok it what I was thinking... :wavey:

I see you have life and bullshit all mixed up.

Nicolás89
Nov 18th, 2007, 01:22 AM

no, they try to make look their idol as the best at any aspect of life :secret: ;)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Nov 18th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Not a fan but I have alot of respect for her...

-VSR-
Nov 18th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Yeah thats cool Im sure Yuri has been responsible for turning more than a few people off her for a while. Yeah Im really hoping their rivalry takes off again in 2008. Even better if Venus and Justine as well as Masha and Serena were all battling it out next year for the top spot and the slams.

They are definitely the top four tennis players when healthy. It's a shame all of them haven't been healthy at the same time in recent years. I agree, if in 2008 all four of them are healthy I think we could easily see them four in all the slam semifinals. I, for one, would be ecstatic!