PDA

View Full Version : What will 2008 bring for Michaela Krajicek?

Whatzup
Nov 15th, 2007, 03:42 PM
At her 13th birthday she was already in the top 5 of the junior rankings under 18. At her 15th she breezed through the rankings, with some huge challenger tournament wins. At her 16th she has won already two WTA tournaments, Tasjkent and Hobart. A year later she won her home tournament in Rosmalen. Since then she hasn't done anything really special. This year started very bad for Misa, though she reached the quarters in Charleston and ofcourse Wimbledon, but since then she hasn't done something special. Last year she was ranked #35, this year #34.

So how do you think she will do next year? She's still just 18 years old, do you think she has learned from this year and will finally break through to the top 20 or will she stay at this level with several losses and sometimes some huge results.

Looking at this year I don't know if she will reach the top 20 next year, but on the other side she's still only 18, and there's so much time ahead to improve. I hope she has learned from her losses this year and starts strong in Australia. She hasn't much to defend till Charleston.

Good luck Misa! :D :yeah:

Ballbasher
Nov 15th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Top20 should be her goal :)

Highlandman
Nov 15th, 2007, 03:48 PM
It was not a great season for her, negative Win-Loss-Record, but like you already said she is only 18. She is #34 (?) at the moment and has not too much to defend till Charleston, so she can improve her ranking till this time a lot.

In 2007 her only highlights were only QF's Wimbledon & Charleston, the rest was mostly R1-2-losses, she is probably not content with this season. But she has lots of potential, so Top-20 are definitely possible, if not 2008, I think 2009, she should look from step to step and first step is Top-30.

Nicolas
Nov 15th, 2007, 05:40 PM
A new hair cut..... please!

John.
Nov 15th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Top 20 should definately be her goal

arn
Nov 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Trying to get consistent week in week out and avoiding losses against lower ranked players should be her goal. Hopefully she can do it :)

DutchieGirl
Nov 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM
It was not a great season for her, negative Win-Loss-Record, but like you already said she is only 18. She is #34 (?) at the moment and has not too much to defend till Charleston, so she can improve her ranking till this time a lot.

In 2007 her only highlights were only QF's Wimbledon & Charleston, the rest was mostly R1-2-losses, she is probably not content with this season. But she has lots of potential, so Top-20 are definitely possible, if not 2008, I think 2009, she should look from step to step and first step is Top-30.

Hey! Michaella also made 3rd r French Open - she was unseeded and it is on clay (by far her worst surface)...so I think she had 2.5 good results all year. :p

Hopefully she can at least break the top 30 next year. Top 25 would be fantastic, but it's gonna be hard unless she can be more consistent.

DutchieGirl
Nov 15th, 2007, 07:16 PM

Funny. She's trying to grow it out a bit at the moment from the looks of current pics.

Nicolas
Nov 15th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Funny. She's trying to grow it out a bit at the moment from the looks of current pics.

Thank god!

sammy01
Nov 15th, 2007, 09:50 PM
i realy dont rate misa at all. she has the most learnt (not natural) strokes on the tour and has no natural flare for tennis, her serve is her best shot yet this can be off sometimes. i dont think shes quick enough either. i dont think she will make top 20 as i will always see at least 20 girls that are better than her. dutchiegirl dont have a go at me this is my view of her im just being honest.

DutchieGirl
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:34 AM
i realy dont rate misa at all. she has the most learnt (not natural) strokes on the tour and has no natural flare for tennis, her serve is her best shot yet this can be off sometimes. i dont think shes quick enough either. i dont think she will make top 20 as i will always see at least 20 girls that are better than her. dutchiegirl dont have a go at me this is my view of her im just being honest.

Why not? :p

partbrit
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Krajicek is a head case. She won't let herself string several victories together, despite obvious talent. I'm hoping her new coach will help her in this regard.

mod_er_farker
Nov 16th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Top 20... but she is still young. So I wouldn't really rush her...

DutchieGirl
Nov 16th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Krajicek is a head case. She won't let herself string several victories together, despite obvious talent. I'm hoping her new coach will help her in this regard.

Err, well she did at a couple of tourneys. :p Also, she's had off court problems this year - which I don't think her new coach can really help her with. But she does need to get more consistent.

Renalicious
Nov 16th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I think she will reach as high as #25 in 2008.

the doctor
Nov 16th, 2007, 09:36 AM
She has all possibility to be a next Top 20,she needs also a little bit of luck

smokovec
Nov 16th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I don't see Krajicek climbing many positions in the ranking, maybe she can go around the 25th position in the first Months of 2008; I think she can cause 2-3 upsets, but not mantain the consistency all the Year.

Ceri
Nov 16th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I like her and hope she makes it - she has the game, but she's not consistent enough yet. I don't know how people can be writing off her chances already - she's only 18! if chakvetadaze and bartoli can make it, Misa can :)

GoDominique
Nov 16th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Tears.

pav
Nov 19th, 2007, 08:27 AM
She is starting 2008 as the next headline act so far announced under Lindsay L at Auckland.

Former junior champ to play ASB Classic

11/19/2007 1:20 PM
Michaella Krajicek has been named as the second high-profile signing for January's ASB Classic in Auckland

Former world junior number one Michaella Krajicek is the latest big name signing for January's ASB Tennis Classic in Auckland.

The 18-year-old joins American Lindsay Davenport as the second high profile entry.

Krajicek is currently ranked 34th in the world. She won the junior doubles title with New Zealand's Marina Erakovic in the 2004 US Open and tournament director Richard Palmer says the duo could pair together again. He says they have already set the ball rolling and Erakovic is in contact with Krajicek, so something might happen.

The full list of direct entries into the ASB Classic will be revealed on Wednesday.

Mana
Nov 19th, 2007, 08:38 AM
One day Misa will be in the top 5 in the world IMO. She has a great game and will win the US Open one day. I hope she can crack the top 20 next year. :worship:

DutchieGirl
Nov 19th, 2007, 09:07 AM
She is starting 2008 as the next headline act so far announced under Lindsay L at Auckland.

Former junior champ to play ASB Classic

11/19/2007 1:20 PM
Michaella Krajicek has been named as the second high-profile signing for January's ASB Classic in Auckland

Former world junior number one Michaella Krajicek is the latest big name signing for January's ASB Tennis Classic in Auckland.

The 18-year-old joins American Lindsay Davenport as the second high profile entry.

Krajicek is currently ranked 34th in the world. She won the junior doubles title with New Zealand's Marina Erakovic in the 2004 US Open and tournament director Richard Palmer says the duo could pair together again. He says they have already set the ball rolling and Erakovic is in contact with Krajicek, so something might happen.

The full list of direct entries into the ASB Classic will be revealed on Wednesday.

:p Misa said she was playing here a couple of weeks ago. I wanna see the enterance list so I know who else I'm gonna see. Great that Linds is also playing. I hope Misa will be seeded (well she should be). ;) And Misa-Marina in doubles would be fantastic!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Nov 19th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Top 30 :hearts:

jelena_jankovic
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:16 PM
:p Misa said she was playing here a couple of weeks ago. I wanna see the enterance list so I know who else I'm gonna see. Great that Linds is also playing. I hope Misa will be seeded (well she should be). ;) And Misa-Marina in doubles would be fantastic!

Do you know, if Misa doesn't keep on playing Vladka?:wavey:

jelena_jankovic
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:18 PM

OMG people are so superficial:fiery:
Have you ever seen her in person?
I met her in Stuttgart...her hairs areenot so short anymore!
She looks great, just a cute girl:kiss:

jelena_jankovic
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:20 PM

Her new coach is such a nice guy! I was watching all of her doubles matches in Stuttgart with him - I was Vladka's player's guest - he is so suppertive..."Come on Misa keep on Fighting etc." And very calm! A good choice!

Viktymise
Nov 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Iv actually grown to like her in the past few months for some reason. She played somefab tennis at Wimbledon this year and by all accounts, had it not rained after the 1st set, i think she would have beaten Bartoli but C'est la vie. Anyway i think she can definatley be top 20 next year.

Oh and i think her haircut really suits her and i hope she keeps it ;)

Elwin.
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:46 PM
With her new coach i expect progress!
She has much potential, but she has to be more constistent !

I think top 25 next year is possible.

DutchieGirl
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Do you know, if Misa doesn't keep on playing Vladka?:wavey:

No, she doesn't have a "steady" doubles partner. She's playing Hobart & AO with Aga Radwanska though.