PDA

View Full Version : Laila Ali to co-host "American Gladiators"

Jeff
Nov 9th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Access Hollywood
updated 3:52 p.m. PT, Thurs., Nov. 8, 2007

LOS ANGELES - She’s known for her athleticism and now World Super Middlewieght Boxing Champion Laila Ali (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21697819/from/RS.1/#) is getting ready to show off her hosting skills as she joins NBC’s “American Gladiators,” Access Hollywood has confirmed.

Ali will join the previously announced Hulk Hogan (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21697819/from/RS.1/#) to present the show, which will return to TV screens on NBC next year. She was last on TV, competing to a third place finish on the fourth season of “Dancing With the Stars.”

“It’s an honor to be reintroducing this American classic to a new generation of fans,” Ali told People.

The original version of “American Gladiators” ran from 1989-1997. It featured contestants, competing in various events including the Joust, The Eliminator, the Gauntlet and the Human Cannonball.
While powering through the events, the contestants were pursued by the show’s Gladiators including Malibu, Lace, Nitro, Blaze, Titan, Turbo, Thunder, Viper and Storm.

Eight new Gladiators — four male, four female — will join the new cast, according to People, who was the first to report the news.

------

I loved American Gladiators. I'm excited they are bringing it back :bounce:

Sir Stefwhit
Nov 9th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Yeah I was into it the first couple of years it came on. After a while it kinda got stale, but in the beginning it was fun. Glad to have the show back, I'm sure they'll improve the events and make the whole thing bigger than life- any idea when it's supposed to air?

spartanfan
Nov 10th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Loved this show, can't wait for it to return!

usopen01
Nov 10th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Can't wait to see Laila :p Remember when they had football guys doing play by play like Larry Csonka and Todd Christensen with his mullet? Good times :drink:

Jeff
Nov 10th, 2007, 07:10 AM
any idea when it's supposed to air?

All I found is that it is supposed to air midseason. But when is it that new seasons usually begin? I don't remember :confused: