PDA

View Full Version : $75k Pittsburgh, PA R1: (6)J. Craybas d. A. Stevenson 64 60

~Eclipsed~
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Expected. Alex was probably still tired from yesterday as i'm sure most players would have been after such a long match and once again even though she was losing the second set badly...she didn't retire.

Not a bad result Alex. Keep trying.:yeah:

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:38 AM
While those three wins were pretty nice, they don't help her at all ranking-wise as she only gained 3 measly points. :o Qualifying itself is useless, it's the maindraw where the "big" points are at stake.
So you should hope that it gave her a bit more confidence at least.

Ellery
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Jill :)

darrinbaker00
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:30 AM
What? Alex LOST??
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

esquímaux
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Expected true, but keep on truckin' Lexy :D

Jguerrica
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Rock on Jill!!! Keep truckin' - Show Mueller what's it's like to play against "the Grand Dame of Grandma's"

Craybas in 08'!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mana
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Jill :worship:

~Eclipsed~
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:34 AM
While those three wins were pretty nice, they don't help her at all ranking-wise as she only gained 3 measly points. :o Qualifying itself is useless, it's the maindraw where the "big" points are at stake.
So you should hope that it gave her a bit more confidence at least.

true.:o That's why i was hoping at least she would get past Craybas, but after her marathon win yesterday, i didnt' expect much.

I would like to think her win over Fernandez should have gave her confidence. Pulling out close wins like that can really help you mentally.

darrinbaker00
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:44 AM
true.:o That's why i was hoping at least she would get past Craybas, but after her marathon win yesterday, i didnt' expect much.

I would like to think her win over Fernandez should have gave her confidence. Pulling out close wins like that can really help you mentally.
Then she collects her check for $665, realizes that she spent twice that on lodging and airfare, and goes back into a funk. ;)

~Eclipsed~
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Then she collects her check for $665, realizes that she spent twice that on lodging and airfare, and goes back into a funk. ;)

I've come to the realization that Alex could win every tournament(grand slam,tier I, etc.) and you would still find something to down her for.

What has she ever done to you?:shrug: It must be something very traumatic.

darrinbaker00
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:38 AM
I've come to the realization that Alex could win every tournament(grand slam,tier I, etc.) and you would still find something to down her for.

What has she ever done to you?:shrug: It must be something very traumatic.
Alex hasn't done anything to me, my friend. In fact, I have spoken to Alex on a couple of occasions, and I found her to be quite charming and VERY intelligent. Alex obviously cannot play elite-level tennis anymore, and the time she's wasting on the court would be better spent pursuing a career in something she's good at and would enjoy doing. I would like to see Alex succeed in life, which won't happen if she continues to do what she's doing now.

-sugi-
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Jill :D

Renalicious
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:06 AM
It's been a pretty good tourney for Alex though, making the Main Draw. The first set I see was pretty close, it's cool that she didn't retire.

CooCooCachoo
Nov 8th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Well done Jill :yeah:

The Kaz
Nov 8th, 2007, 10:19 AM
WD Jill :yeah: :D

Finally, she is out...no more threads :o

Ballbasher
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:00 PM
ALEX :sad: