PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother 9 USA - Big Brother to return in January!!!

geoepee
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:17 AM
(Doing my best Julie Chen impersonation): But First....,

CBS leans on 'Brother' during strike

Reality show staffing up for early launch

By JOSEF ADALIAN (http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=bio&peopleID=1373)

CBS may rely on its "Big Brother" as a strike contingency.

Skein, usually a summer staple, has started staffing up for an in-season run that could be on the air as soon as February, people familiar with the situation said.
Indeed, in anticipation of a strike, Eye quietly began casting for the next edition of the show a few weeks ago.
Exec producer Allison Grodner is also said to be working on a new creative twist for the Julie Chen-hosted skein, in which a group of strangers live together in a house for three months.
There's been buzz that the next edition of "Big Brother" might actually use celebrities, as opposed to ordinary people. A long strike might work in favor of such a plan, since some celebs normally busy working on sitcoms and dramas might have some time on their hands.
Possibility of an early "Big Brother" popped up on Tuesday's edition of the Eye's "Early Show." Anchor Hanna Storm joked that the show might be back sooner than the summer, prompting a roll of the eyes from Chen. Chen then expressed her hope that the strike is settled soon.
"Big Brother" would be a perfect strike weapon for CBS because it airs three times a week, filling three key hours of primetime.
Eye execs declined to comment. Endemol USA and Allison Grodner Prods. produce "Big Brother."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117975459.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

--------------

OMG! This is good news, because I'm a reality show junkie and I love Big Brother! :)...

I just know it! I'm not going to get sh*t done this winter!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Oh that would be PERFECT Big Brother is my fav reality show by far! I hope its not celebrities cuz then it would be like celebrity mole and no one wants to go through that again.

btw what shows would be put on hold with the strike?

Scotso
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Celebrities are yesterday's news. The fact that it's a bunch of average Joes is what makes reality TV fun.

Jeff
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Celebrity big brother just wouldn't be the same. If you think back to any reality show that was made for average joes, and then used celebrities...it failed. For example, the celebrity survivor...failed; Celebrity Mole...failed. It would be cool, though, if Big Brother aired twice a year instead of once.

angele87
Nov 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM
The problem with the celebrity reality shows is that they never get actual celebrities :tape: Anyways I would be all for Big Brother airing this winter :yeah:

mckyle.
Nov 8th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I :hearts: Big Brother!!! Although if it is a celebrity edition I wouldn't watch it.

No Name Face
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:10 AM
:woohoo:

i love big brother but survivor is usually better (at least this season)

Scotso
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:31 PM
For example, the celebrity survivor...failed

Celebrity survivor?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Can someone tell me what shows will be put off. Im quite confused

doni1212
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Can someone tell me what shows will be put off. Im quite confused

Lost is on pause, :(

BigB08822
Nov 9th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I was worried about Lost being one of the shows put on hiatus. It wasn't set to begin airing until February and I figured they don't have much filmed, if anything at this point. I hope it is settled quickly!!

The Daviator
Nov 9th, 2007, 12:56 AM
In the UK, every reality show has 'celebs' in it :help:

Jeff
Nov 9th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Celebrity survivor?

Yeah it was several years back (3-4 years ago?). It had Joan Rivers and her daughter, Chris Judd (Jennifer Lopez' ex), Bruce Jenner and I don't remember the others. It wasn't actually "celebrity survivor" but it was based on survivor, with celebrities in a remote area like survivor. It stunk.

The problem with the celebrity reality shows is that they never get actual celebrities

Yeah true..

darice
Nov 9th, 2007, 12:36 PM
oh i hope not cause once in the summer is enough. :angel:

~{X}~
Nov 9th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Woot I can't wait! I hope it comes true! I love BB :D

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 9th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah it was several years back (3-4 years ago?). It had Joan Rivers and her daughter, Chris Judd (Jennifer Lopez' ex), Bruce Jenner and I don't remember the others. It wasn't actually "celebrity survivor" but it was based on survivor, with celebrities in a remote area like survivor. It stunk.

Yeah true..

It was called "i'm a celebrity...get me out of here..." and Joan Rivers was not on it...:lol: but Tyson Beckford was...:drool:

Jeff
Nov 11th, 2007, 05:46 AM
It was called "i'm a celebrity...get me out of here..." and Joan Rivers was not on it...:lol: but Tyson Beckford was...:drool:

Lol ok. Well it was a long while ago, so I couldn't remember fully, except that I hated the show.