PDA

View Full Version : Bartoli replaces S.Williams (left patella femoral inflammation)

Mikey.
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Bartoli replaces S.Williams (left patella femoral inflammation)

Found it here:

http://www.sonyericsson-championships.com/1/en/results/

simba
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:57 PM
get well serena. welcome bartoli.

tennis_lover89
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:58 PM
oh great :rolleyes: ..I heard she ate ivanovic's cake yesterday..ALL the cake :scared:. Joking:p.. I hope she plays quality tennis

ZeroSOFInfinity
Thursday, November 8, 2007
From 18.00hrs
1. Kuznetsova vs. Sharapova
2. Henin vs. Bartoli* (NB 20.00hrs)
3. Jankovic vs. Chakvetadze

* Bartoli replaces S.Williams (left patella femoral inflammation)

Hope nothing else happens after this....

danieln1
Didn´t Bartoli already had a knee injury? I hope she wins a match at least...

doni1212
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Well, rest up Serena and come back and defend your title!!!
And my 2007 season is officially over, :(
Good luck to Ivanovic and Kuznetsova!!!! Take the title, Ana!!!
:bounce: :bounce:

esquímaux
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:01 AM
oh great :rolleyes: ..I heard she ate ivanovic's cake yesterday..ALL the cake :scared:. Joking:p.. I hope she plays quality tennis
!!!:spit:*DEATH*

The Daviator
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Serena :hug: Sad way for her year to end :sad: Now let's go Marion :devil:

SV_Fan
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Shoot.

starin
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM
expected. Hopefully Serena and Venus can regroup and come back stronger for next year. Both ended the year with some auspicious losses and in questionable physical form. But hopefully next year they can build on their successes from this year.

I don't want another 2004 or 2006. or 2005 for that matter.

NeeemZ
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I was really looking forward to Serena playing Henin. Anyways, we get Bartoli against Henin. I hope Wimbledon repeats itself, or for that matter any previous YEC where Justine loses the last match in the RR stage. :lol:

maxomax
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Can Bartoli reach the semis? I hope Jelena will win tomorrow again Anna!

hurricanejeanne
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:14 AM
:awww: Serena.
It was really hard to watch her today, she looked so sad on court when she had to pull out.

Good luck Maid Marion! Allez! ;)

vettipooh
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Glad she's not playing. She needs to get that knee healed properly and be back healthy and strong for 2008.

Pheobo
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:20 AM
woohoo!

how does it work? does Bartoli get two matches or three? does she have Serena's loss on her record?

Too bad for Serena though. Get better soon!

.Andrew.
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Serena :sad:
Rest up and have a healthy 2008! :wavey:

Marion :woohoo: :clap2: So happy for her! :D

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:23 AM

Finally :woohoo:

tennis_lover89
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:24 AM
:haha: :devil:

schorsch
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Ugh, that sounds ugly. At least she's got time to let it heal now. Darn watching someone play full of pain is such a nasty thing.

Yeah, I wonder, too how it works. Will Bartoli have a loss on her record now?

supergrunt
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Ugh, that sounds ugly. At least she's got time to let it heal now. Darn watching someone play full of pain is such a nasty thing.

Yeah, I wonder, too how it works. Will Bartoli have a loss on her record now?

Yes.

doni1212
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:35 AM

:haha: :devil:

Fuck both of yall.
:secret: And just to let you know, Sharapova's season is about to be over in 2 days, too. :lol:

darrinbaker00
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:37 AM
woohoo!

how does it work? does Bartoli get two matches or three? does she have Serena's loss on her record?

Too bad for Serena though. Get better soon!
Bartoli picks up Serena's schedule starting tomorrow against Justine Henin. She inherits Serena's loss for this tournament, but it doesn't go on her personal record. I believe she also gets all the ranking points and prize money.

tennis_lover89
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Fuck both of yall.
:secret: And just to let you know, Sharapova's season is about to be over in 2 days, too. :lol:
but doni your season is not over..you have bash maria until the rest of the tournie:tape: ..don't tell me you forgot that:lol:

starin
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:39 AM
sucks for Bartoli to have to get her YEC chance this way. Especially since she inherits a loss to the one player she had the best chance of beating. ohh well best of luck to Bartoli hopefully she wins YEC so she can shut everyone up.

Cat123
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Good news for Jelena!! And Marion, obviously!

Sorry, I'm all about JJ and her (lack of?!) chances after today :awww: And leave Maria alone!

FrchTwst
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Allez Bartoli!

Karsten Braasch
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:35 AM
:tears:

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Serena :sad:

Ellery
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Good luck Marion!

esquímaux
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:05 AM
:awww: Serena.
It was really hard to watch her today, she looked so sad on court when she had to pull out.

Good luck Maid Marion! Allez! ;):hearts: Maid Marion!!! :hearts:

esquímaux
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:06 AM
sucks for Bartoli to have to get her YEC chance this way. Especially since she inherits a loss to the one player she had the best chance of beating. ohh well best of luck to Bartoli hopefully she wins YEC so she can shut everyone up.Look on the bright side. Now there are 2 punching bags in this group :lol:

plantman
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:41 AM

Ditto!

Venus+Serena#1fan
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:41 AM
So upsetting to have this injury, It seems SErena can hardly get any momentum before being struck down with injury :( I hope she is well for all of 2008.

Justine fans should really cherish these days bc you never know when the dominant player will be struck with bad luck unfortunatley

darrinbaker00
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:49 AM
So upsetting to have this injury, It seems SErena can hardly get any momentum before being struck down with injury :( I hope she is well for all of 2008.

Justine fans should really cherish these days bc you never know when the dominant player will be struck with bad luck unfortunatley
Bad luck, my foot. Either the surgery four years ago was botched, or Serena didn't rehab properly.

plantman
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:49 AM

:sad:

Justine's physical fitness/and her balanced schedule have paid off big time this year. There's no reason to think she'll change anything for next year.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Bad luck, my foot. Either the surgery four years ago was botched, or Serena didn't rehab properly.

...Or she's not continuing some sort of physical therapy. I'm starting to lose the faith my peeps! :confused: :( I'm wondering if Serena will EVER be 100% to compete in any part of a season. I had the faith earlier this year, but now.... I'm flatline. Although Venus came back... Still...:sad:

faboozadoo15
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:44 AM

MY :spit:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Princeza
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:31 AM

:haha:

thiskidhasit
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Serena was moving fine in this match. She was even using her "stutter" steps throughout the first set - if you're "having the worst pain you've had since surgery" then you shouldn't be able to even walk. I just don't buy it - first she complained about her racquet for the first 4-5 games and then another "injury" at the last minute Chakvetadze served extremely well in this match - she was just better today.

Calve, hamstring, THUMB, knee - should she just put her whole body in a cast when she plays?

darrinbaker00
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Serena was moving fine in this match. She was even using her "stutter" steps throughout the first set - if you're "having the worst pain you've had since surgery" then you shouldn't be able to even walk. I just don't buy it - first she complained about her racquet for the first 4-5 games and then another "injury" at the last minute Chakvetadze served extremely well in this match - she was just better today.

Calve, hamstring, THUMB, knee - should she just put her whole body in a cast when she plays?
You know, you're absolutely right. The medical professionals who did the MRI were obviously bought off by Serena. :rolleyes:

Tennisation
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:13 AM
sucks for Bartoli, she could have had a chance to beat Chaky:lol:

So If Bartoli picks up Serena's points, does she also pick up Serena's prize money as well, does that mean Serena won't get any, how does that work?

thiskidhasit
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:23 AM
You know, you're absolutely right. The medical professionals who did the MRI were obviously bought off by Serena. :rolleyes:

Wasn't it her ankle when she was down 6-0, 3-0 to Schnyder a few weeks ago and retired? Serena just cannot handle getting beat, and if she does, there's got to be an excuse lined up or a retirement.

I feel bad for her fans...

Dor Y
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Serena :hug: Allez Marion, make some damage there :yeah:

brent-o
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:39 AM

I dunno, I think Serena may be a little dramatic at times but at least at Wimbledon, she was obviously not hitting any two-handed backhands and slicing everything. She would not purposely do that if she wasn't injured.

Watching
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Can't beleive people are saying she was acting lol. She was obviously in a great deal of pain out there.

Also for those who said she needs better physical shape to avoid injuries. No-one could call Serena fat at the moment she is in really good condition apart from her injuries.

darrinbaker00
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Can't beleive people are saying she was acting lol. She was obviously in a great deal of pain out there.

Also for those who said she needs better physical shape to avoid injuries. No-one could call Serena fat at the moment she is in really good condition apart from her injuries.
The better shape you're in, the less susceptible you are to injury.

IceSkaTennisFan
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:46 AM
This almost reminds me of the time Emily Hughes got to go to the Olympics because Michelle Kwan got injured... almost. I remember all those that were laughing saying that it would be a cold day in hell before Marion Bartoli got in the YEC. It's definitely telling about the year and the changes - I can't say much for the better at this point - to see Marion make it. Good for her, though.

Juju4ever
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Is that for real? :help:

Well, I hope Serena will be fine for next year, she should rest a few weeks now.

As for Marion, I just have this memories from Wimbledon all over again, oh damn. :(

Tennisation
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:56 AM
This almost reminds me of the time Emily Hughes got to go to the Olympics because Michelle Kwan got injured... almost. I remember all those that were laughing saying that it would be a cold day in hell before Marion Bartoli got in the YEC. It's definitely telling about the year and the changes - I can't say much for the better at this point - to see Marion make it. Good for her, though.Michelle:sobbing:

Renalicious
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Ugh that sucks :( :sad: Serena... *sigh* Rest up, and come back stronger than ever in 2008!

Good luck Marion, I'm glad your replacing Serena instead of some other random...

thomas.chung
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Wasn't it her ankle when she was down 6-0, 3-0 to Schnyder a few weeks ago and retired? Serena just cannot handle getting beat, and if she does, there's got to be an excuse lined up or a retirement.

I feel bad for her fans...

O yea, her back should have gone south in her match against Justine when they played Miami when she was down 6-0.

Or maybe her neck should have sustained injury when she was loosing to Justine in the slams.

pst... you are just making yourself look like a fool by saying these things, maybe you are just a kid after all.

Reese_x
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:23 AM
no one can 100% tell that serena was faking it apart from herself. I hope she did the right thing for herself and for her fans.

sky20748
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:38 AM
serena should never have gone there if she was feeling any kind of pain.venus had the good sense not to play because she knew she wasn't 100percent up to the task.sometimes you have to no matter what listen to your inner self.that voice that is telling you for a reason to just let it go.jelena j.looked miserable on court.she was exhuasted and couldnt muster up the will to do anything.i never seen her look that terrible.for the number 3 player she played like someone in the 50's henin is already in the semi's.i think the only one that can stop her in ivanovic.and i hope that ivanovic and henin meet in the final and anna wins.she deserves it.no one else i feel is going to make that stand against henin.with that said all the women get healthy and rested and come into 08 roaring.not just venus and serena as i am a huge fan of theirs but for the other women who are trying to make that run because when venus and serena leaves american tennis is going to suffer so we need these girls.the vania kings and meilene tu's and the rest to step up and well who am i kidding.please america find some girls to bring the noise.please.

Reese_x
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:48 AM
no matter how big of an ana fan i am, i dont think realistically that anyone can beat justine at this time. but also like i say all the time, anything can happen in tennis.

Renalicious
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Sharapova will beat Henin. :D GO MASHA!!!

Lmao did I just type that.

sharapovarulz1
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Shame for Serena, but good for Marion lets hope she can shine on the big stage now and show all her doubters! :)

soul
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:09 PM
First o all the system sucks.Bartoli wil replace Serena and She has already a loss underher belt. From that momnt of yesterdays's match Jelena and Justine should be ac****ed as if they had played with her; since this is not fair for Bartoli most.WTA SHOULD create rather more creative about such knd of problems than creaing draws.(!!!!)Im sure somehow in the future it will probably work in this way(!!!!!!)
Secondly,Serena is really really hurt.She proofs how a serious real(!!!) injury affects a person. I wish her best to recover and get id of that injury.Maybe she souldn have come but who knows she just wanted to try-besides she was reAlly eager to be in MADRID.
Finally I hope the one who DESERVES shall win the tournament not only she did play just this tournament but also what she has done the hole season

justine schnyder
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:29 PM
OMG... The last player I want to see there

thrust
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:27 PM
We Justine fans do cherish the moment! We do realize that Justine^s health can change dramatically like in 2004 when she also was, by far, the #1 player. Hear health and stamina has been incredible this year! Hopefully, this will continue for another few years.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:32 PM

not necessarily true...e.g. rafael nadal

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:38 PM
no one can 100% tell that serena was faking it apart from herself. I hope she did the right thing for herself and for her fans.

Serena was almost in tears when she was serving at 3-5. Everyone who watched the match could see it.

Lulu.
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Good luck Marion. :)

tae04
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:37 PM
At least he can play most of his tournaments and play thru it LOL
Bottom line baby girl, needs to lose some weight to take all that pressure off her knees if she wants to play professional tennis at a high level.

2moretogo
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM

e.g. Marat Safin... (:sad:)

Anyhoo, Serena thank you for making 2007 interesting. Rest up, practice, and get ready for 08 AO!!!!:kiss:

Marion, good luck!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Sanneriet
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:44 PM

This is runner's knee which IS usually associated with weak quadriceps muscles and poor flexibility, and being overweight. I don't think Serena is overweight, but her knees still have to support the weight she has. It is not a sudden injury, but will get worse with continued activity.

thiskidhasit
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:10 PM

If you're "in the worst pain you've had since your surgery", do you think she'd be able to "stutter" step, run side to side like that, HELL NO. Do you play tennis? If you're in excruciating pain, would you even walk back on the court and try to play tennis at all? It's just weird that she has retired at 6-0, 3-0 down to Patty and right when she lost the first set to Anna. It's pathetic, sorry. Serena just cannot handle losing - and she HATES giving anyone the satisfaction of them actually BEATING her - THAT is why she retired against Patty - why not hit 12 balls in teh net and go home? Have some class, girl. "Lucky shots..."? In my opinion, success is playing hard and being able to accept failure, because it's going to happen. But Serena cannot do that - and that is why so many of us dislike her - because of her attitude.

thiskidhasit
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Serena was almost in tears when she was serving at 3-5. Everyone who watched the match could see it.

but the 7 games before that she was complaining about her RACQUET - she wasn't limping AT ALL - Serena really is a great actress, I'll give her that. but people who play the sport and are actually intelligent can see through it.

Steffica Greles
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:32 PM
expected. Hopefully Serena and Venus can regroup and come back stronger for next year. Both ended the year with some auspicious losses and in questionable physical form. But hopefully next year they can build on their successes from this year.

I don't want another 2004 or 2006. or 2005 for that matter.

You mean unauspicious? Typo.

Thing is, both the Williams sisters have only been able to peak several times a year, or, increasingly, even once a year, since 2004. That's four seasons now. The reality is that their bodies just cannot play at the level they once did, even only playing fraction of the tournaments in which others in the top ten have competed, unless they have had plenty of rest. I think it's very unlikely that either of them will regain the number one ranking for that reason.

starin
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
If you're "in the worst pain you've had since your surgery", do you think she'd be able to "stutter" step, run side to side like that, HELL NO. Do you play tennis? If you're in excruciating pain, would you even walk back on the court and try to play tennis at all? It's just weird that she has retired at 6-0, 3-0 down to Patty and right when she lost the first set to Anna. It's pathetic, sorry. Serena just cannot handle losing - and she HATES giving anyone the satisfaction of them actually BEATING her - THAT is why she retired against Patty - why not hit 12 balls in teh net and go home? Have some class, girl. "Lucky shots..."? In my opinion, success is playing hard and being able to accept failure, because it's going to happen. But Serena cannot do that - and that is why so many of us dislike her - because of her attitude.

Is that why she didn't retire when she was down 61 53 against Petrova with Petrova serving for the match? Or why she didn't retire when she was down 60 54 and mathcpoint down against Henin? Also, why didn't she retire against Henin the Wimbledon QF when she was double break down in the 3rd set, when she had a built in injury excuse from her previous match? If she hates losing so much and never wants to let her opponent have the satisfaction of winning then why would she risk taking such humiliating losses to those two players? Why didn't she retire then?
I think u've been infected with the disease that makes you see what you want to see.

starin
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:37 PM
You mean unauspicious? Typo.

Thing is, both the Williams sisters have only been able to peak several times a year, or, increasingly, even once a year, since 2004. That's four seasons now. The reality is that their bodies just cannot play at the level they once did, even only playing fraction of the tournaments in which others in the top ten have competed, unless they have had plenty of rest. I think it's very unlikely that either of them will regain the number one ranking for that reason.

yes but the WS are queens of doing what is unlikely for them to do. But yes I agree I highly doubt they will be able to sustain a high level of play for any decent length of time. Their bodies are constantly breaking down on them, and that's usually the first sign that a champion is about to retire. :sad: But i still have hope I can see some good tennis from them b4 they go.

Il Primo!
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Oh Serena :hug:

Olórin
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Thing is though folks, Vee and Ree's bodies have always broken down on them. This isn't a new thing.

What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that you can have a genetic predisposition to injury. Serena and Venus do, Serena's current injuries are not due to being out of shape. Perhaps her one in Charleston was. But this one is pure bad luck.

If you look at the pics of her winning Wimbledon in 2003, her legs were a similar size then, they were simply a lot more toned. So she's not quite in shape, but she is fit and certainly not overweight.

We can't simply say Serena is out of shape every time she loses. She's won a lot while being "out of shape" in that case.

I think Serena is just very unlucky with the injuries. I was watching an interview of Margaret Court about Wimbledon 1970, and she was saying that until Wimbledon that year she had felt very lucky to have so few injuries in her career.

And Steffica I've seen that post on V&S from you about 10 times, are you just copying and pasting it? :lol:

mattcronin
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:11 PM
All Food for thought:

FYI from tennis reporters

posted last night

Serena's injured and out;
alternate Bartoli chances slim in crazy scenario
Plus: Why would Marion accept RR terms? Haas poisoned by Russians?
Players betting on players? Sharapova, TV coverage

If you are Sony Ericsson WTA chiefs Larry Scott and Stacy Allaster, you want the marquee name of Serena Williams to compete in the Sony Ericsson WTA Championships. But if Serena was hurt going into Madrid, why not try to get a deeper read of her condition before she took the court for her opening match against Anna Chakvetadze, which she retired from after losing the first set 6-4 with a left (her bad) knee injury? After a hospital visit, she withdrew from the tournament and alternate Marion Bartoli is taking over in her place sort of.
Given that Serena was hurt in Zurich two weeks ago and couldn't finish out her match against Patty Schnyder, why not have tour trainers test her as to what her condition really was and speak to her about whether she was fit enough to play for five out of six days?

Of course, it's hard to doubt a proven champion like Serena if she tells you she's ready to go and, of course, she's a far bigger pre-tournament ticket seller than Bartoli is. But, by allowing Serena to give it a go and then flop, fans are now denied the opportunity to watch a player who is at full strength contest the three round-robin matches. And really, we all know that Serena is still sensitive to accusations that she's not committed enough outside the Slams and a few select tournaents, but it was clear in Zurich that she was hurt and given how many times this year she's stuck her chin out in trying circumstances, I for one would have accepted a pull-out if she said her left knee was failing her again. The last thing the tour needs if for Serena to be out for an extended period again.

So now, we have an awful mess out in the Yellow Group.

The WTA inserted Bartoli into the competition without Serena's loss on her record. So, Chakvetadze picks up a win but none of the competitors gets the loss.

If Bartoli goes 2-0 against Henin and Jelena Jankovic, she can advance, but only if Chakvetadze goes down to Jankovic. If Chakvetadze defeats Jankovic, it's ball game over, the Russian joins Henin in the semis, regardless of what Bartoli does. The WTA said that even if Bartoli goes 2-0, she cannot advance over a player who goes 2-1 because she won't have played three matches and she is not scheduled to play a third match. If Henin beats Bartoli, it's over regardless who of wins the Anna C-JJ match.

That is a ridiculous scenario and I cannot imagine why Bartoli would even play under those circumstances. The only reason for her to compete is a legitimate shot at the semis and she's not be given that. Chakvetadze is in a better position based on a loss and a retirement. She knows that and from what I've seen and heard from her, she's a true sportswoman. I bet that if the tour asked her, she'd be willing to play one eight-game pro set, or a few super tiebreaks against the Frenchwoman if they both nail two wins to determine who should reach the semis. That's fair play and anything else will make a mockery of the competition and destroy the true meaning of "first alternate" (not stooge).

Do you know who crazy things got in Madrid? Starting at around 6 p.m. PST (about 3 a.m. in Madrid), the WTA had pulled all coverage of the Serena injury story off its web site for a good two hours, in what must have been an attempt to figure it all out.

Henin, who down Jankovic 6-2, 6-2, bested the Serbian for the ninth time in nine tries and it wasn't even close. Jankovic has no idea how to play her and is overmatched from the forehand side and in the service department. The Belgian keeps powering balls in Jankovic forehand until it breaks down and then Jankovic begins to overplay. While this match-up looked like a decent rivalry back at the '06 US Open when Jankovic should have pulled an upset and gagged, it's gone the other way the later part of this year. Henin needed three sets in their first three contests this season, but has now won eight straight sets in their last four meeting. This rivalry has turned into Roger Federer v. James Blake, when the result isn't in doubt. JJ is paper No. 3 at best.

Denise4925
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Get well soon Rena. See you at the Hopman Cup :wavey:

Denise4925
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM

That's fucked up. Are you that insecure about Serena? As much as I dislike Justine, I wouldn't wish anything bad to happen to her physically or otherwise. How pathetic of you.

Olórin
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:54 PM
That's fucked up. Are you that insecure about Serena? As much as I dislike Justine, I wouldn't wish anything bad to happen to her physically or otherwise. How pathetic of you.

You sound mildly shocked Denise. You have read Matt01's posts before right? :lol:

Denise4925
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM
...Or she's not continuing some sort of physical therapy. I'm starting to lose the faith my peeps! :confused: :( I'm wondering if Serena will EVER be 100% to compete in any part of a season. I had the faith earlier this year, but now.... I'm flatline. Although Venus came back... Still...:sad:

Don't give up on her.

Denise4925
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:58 PM

:haha:

Denise4925
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Is that for real? :help:

Well, I hope Serena will be fine for next year, she should rest a few weeks now.

As for Marion, I just have this memories from Wimbledon all over again, oh damn. :(

Gooooooo Marion :banana:

Denise4925
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:02 PM

No, an MRI can't even tell, nor can the radiologist reading the scan and making the diagnosis. You're right, only Serena knows if she's faking it. :unsure:

Good lord :haha:

Denise4925
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
You sound mildly shocked Denise. You have read Matt01's posts before right? :lol:

Actually I misread what he was celebrating. :shrug:

Olórin
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Actually I misread what he was celebrating. :shrug:

Oops I did as well, I see he was talking about donni now :tape:

Denise4925
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Oops I did as well, I see he was talking about donni now :tape:

:lol: :help:

Rik.
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I think a injured Serena would have played much better as Marion did today. :tape:

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:43 PM

And I would never in my life wish anything bad to happen to Serena, because I want to see her play fit and UNinjured.

Thanks for the bad rep, though, you'll get it back soon :devil:

Denise4925
Nov 8th, 2007, 10:56 PM
And I would never in my life wish anything bad to happen to Serena, because I want to see her play fit and UNinjured.

See my PM to you.

plantman
Nov 9th, 2007, 03:29 AM

Hey I got one too.....Things come full circle however!:)