PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of Daniela qualyfing for the semis?

danieln1
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I know they´re VERY slim, but I would like to know if she still has a chance...

lionel
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I think she's OUT.

roelc
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:34 PM
she's 100% out :(

even if kuzzie wins from maria, ana wins from maria and daniela wins from kuzzie
then kuzzie, maria and dani all have 1 win and 2 losses
daniela is 0-4 in sets right now, could make it 2-4
maria could also make it 2-4 in sets, but kuzzie can't: she did win a set against ivanovic, so sveta would have 3-4 in sets and would advance

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Rough estimate: 0.00000000000000000000%.

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:36 PM
ivanovic 2-0

kuznetsova 0-1

sharapova 0-1

hantuchova 0-2

remaining matches:

sharapova vs kuznetsova
sharapova vs ivanovic
kuznetsova vs hantuchova

I think even if thay all have one win, the number of sets win will now count. Kuznetsova got a set from Ana so she is up there. While Maria's win over Kuznetsova would almost guarantee her as Anna might reserve her energy into semis and might tank it out if she can have a chance of being seeded 2 in her group to avoid Justine as the top seed on the other side.

All in all, she is almost out, but a miracle could happen.

missvarsha
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Yup she has no chance.
Ivanovic is already through from this group, and even if the other three tie on points ie, Hantuchova, Kuznetsova and Sharapova each going 1-2, either Kuz or Pova will have won more sets than Hantuchova, so she has ZERO chance.

roelc
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:39 PM
ivanovic 2-0

kuznetsova 0-1

sharapova 0-1

hantuchova 0-2

remaining matches:

sharapova vs kuznetsova
sharapova vs ivanovic
kuznetsova vs hantuchova

I think even if thay all have one win, the number of sets win will now count. Kuznetsova got a set from Ana so she is up there. While Maria's win over Kuznetsova would almost guarantee her as Anna might reserve her energy into semis and might tank it out if she can have a chance of being seeded 2 in her group to avoid Justine as the top seed on the other side.

nope, a miracle cannot happen.
there is no scenario where daniela could make it to the semi's (except when someone should give forfait for the semifinals but that is very unlikely )

tennis_lover89
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:40 PM
ivanovic 2-0

kuznetsova 0-1

sharapova 0-1

hantuchova 0-2

remaining matches:

sharapova vs kuznetsova
sharapova vs ivanovic
kuznetsova vs hantuchova

I think you mean sharapova 1-0 ;)

FrOzon
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Hantuchova is absolutely out!

(Hmm, what about two withdrawals?)

sammy01
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:41 PM
about the same as her chances of beating marion in a cake eating contest! lol

Хлоэ
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:44 PM
zero chance.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:44 PM
She has already booked her ticket back home.... :sad:

danieln1
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:45 PM
about the same as her chances of beating marion in a cake eating contest! lol

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
Damn, now I see that she´s the Dementieva 2007, not winning a single set, YET!

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:48 PM
nope, a miracle cannot happen.
there is no scenario where daniela could make it to the semi's (except when someone should give forfait for the semifinals but that is very unlikely )

thats what i meant of a miracle- when someone got injured.
I hope not.

roelc
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:50 PM
thats what i meant of a miracle- when someone got injured.
I hope not.

you have a weird interpretation of the word 'miracle' ;)

I'll take peace with it if danka beats kuznetsova

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:55 PM
you have a weird interpretation of the word 'miracle' ;)

I'll take peace with it if danka beats kuznetsova

Since Danka cannot do it anymore, I think its better if Kuzi win, so the real battle for the semis would be the match between Kuzi and Sharpie. I dont want Anna to be torn of tanking her match over sharpi to the expense of Kuzi not qualifying.

NeeemZ
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Daniela's only hopes of finished third relies on Sveta losing to Dani and Masha.

Veritas
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM
What are the chances of Daniela qualyfing for the semis?

Probably next to nothing, but regardless she shouldn't be disappointed. She's proven doubters wrong about her IW win (back in 2001) being a fluke.

frontier
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:11 AM
She is just a waste of space and time.Bartoli would have made her matches competetive and won a set or 2.:fiery:

Wiggly
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:14 AM
She is just a waste of space and time.Bartoli would have made her matches competetive and won a set or 2.:fiery:

Yeah. Right. She was trashed both times.

IceHock
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:16 AM

thats hilarious, will see what marion does against justine tomorrow

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:19 AM

Shut up.

roelc
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Bartoli would have made her matches competetive and won a set or 2.:fiery:

well, I hope this quote will come back and bite you in the ass tomorrow and friday!

Daniela's only hopes of finished third relies on Sveta losing to Dani and Masha.

if maria beats ana, it will not matter if maria beats kuzzie

Tennace
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:37 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
Damn, now I see that she´s the Dementieva 2007, not winning a single set, YET!

Except that both of Dani's matches have been competitive and entertaining.

mboyle
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:58 AM
she's 100% out :(

even if kuzzie wins from maria, ana wins from maria and daniela wins from kuzzie
then kuzzie, maria and dani all have 1 win and 2 losses
daniela is 0-4 in sets right now, could make it 2-4
maria could also make it 2-4 in sets, but kuzzie can't: she did win a set against ivanovic, so sveta would have 3-4 in sets and would advance

This is right. I just toyed with the numbers as best I could.

mboyle
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:59 AM

Dani has performed slightly better than I expected her to. Bartoli is a joke.

roelc
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:56 PM

well, I hope this quote will come back and bite you in the ass tomorrow and friday!

:lol: I'm so happy :D

WIMBLY2004
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM
it's unfair to compare Bartoli to Hantuchova as Bartoli came in without preparation.

MisterMan
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:02 PM
it's unfair to compare Bartoli to Hantuchova as Bartoli came in without preparation.

Very true.

It's like going to a high school play and expecting the Understudy to do as well as the Lead.

There is a way for Hantu to make the semi's : Kuznetsova and Maria getting ill. At the same time. Today. ;)

So Disrespectful
Nov 9th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Very true.

It's like going to a high school play and expecting the Understudy to do as well as the Lead.

There is a way for Hantu to make the semi's : Kuznetsova and Maria getting ill. At the same time. Today. ;)

Or if she beats Kuznetsova in straights and Maria gets ill/injured.