PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic - a future Serena / Justine in the mould...

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I watched her play against Daniela today and I say she's a very talented, passionate player. Something like Serena and Justine. Her forehand's a deadly weapon, the backhand is something not to be messed with, and her serves... powerful and deadly. She can also play serve-and-volley, runs after every single ball and is not afraid to hit winners whenever there's a chance. All the traits of a champion :worship:

The only thing right now which stands in her way is her mental toughness and still quite inexperienced - but then she's still young. She has a lot of time on her side, therefore she can improve on these areas and also sharpen her (quite impressive) array of skills. In 2-3 years time, she might be winning Slams major tournaments at a regular rate, and even be top of the class (#1).

She can do it - and I can't really wait for that to happen :drool:

(P.S: She's the only player I see now capable of defeating Justine on her current form. I won't be surprised if she wins the YEC this year).

DragonFlame
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I completely agree, she has future multiple grandslamwinner written all over her. She's got the game especially since she's been moving a lot better this year. Her movement was the thing holding her back but not anymore. Mental toughness needs time to grow and she held her own really well in that nervewrecking tiebreak today!

The Daviator
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:21 PM
She's actually quite tough when the score gets tight, she's definitely got some mental fortitude, she does needs more experience though, and to beat Justine/Williams sisters would be big for her confidence, but she'll surely become the next new GS champ :worship:

dybbuk
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Ugh, everytime GM starts hyping her up she starts losing, I worried. :unsure:

delicatecutter
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:29 PM
This is not new information. Some of us have known this for years.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Mental thoughness is just great. Ok she's giving away some leads, but tell me. When has she lost a match like that?
If you can call one, then it has to be against Dementieva 6-2 1-0 with a break. She has broken back in the 2nd game, so I'm not sure if you can really count that then.
She never lost a match after having MP. (something that Henin can't say)
So this girl is very tough when it gets tight. You can't call that luck.

StZox
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:32 PM
yeahhh

doni1212
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
She's my fave after Serena and Venus!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:48 PM

Yeah... but then some of "the others" (like me) just discovered it recently :p

Apoleb
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Mental toughness is already one of her best assets. I haven't seen her yet at the YEC, but her problem is inconsistency. She's slowly but surely improving though.

She definitely has a lot of talent and a huge potential. It all will depend on whether she can pull it all together in the next 2 years, which will be crucial for her career. Her forehand has the potential to be such a dominating shot a la Graf's (ofcourse the only thing is that she won't be able to run around her backhand as much as Steffi did).

Slutiana
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:51 PM
here we go...

None of the next generation will be as good as WS/Henin. I mean none.

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:51 PM
her talent is enough already to win slam and her capability. One thing she needs to learn is decision making, presence of mind, to hit what shot at what instance. There are times she goes for a winner even out of position. But I believe this are just minor issues considering her lenght of career. She will improve more.

DragonFlame
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM

But the point is you can't see if someone is going to be a multiple slamwinner years ago. Surely you can see if someone has slamwinning potential but not a consistent multiple slamwinner and champion. You can see that looking at Ana, she had her weapons 1 1/2 year ago but couldn't make the final hurdle to a higher level. This year she proved she can make that hurdle. She improved her game so much. A lot like the way justine did in end 2002 - beginning 2003.
You have to see how special a multiple grandslamwinner is, it's so hard to become one and only the best become one. And then there's a difference between winning a few and more then 5 like the henin/williams level. Look at kuznetsova, she won a slam but i do not see her winning more because she's not a champion. She just doesn't show that same will/determenation a justine/williams has.(something kim missed as well) She might win 1 more but definetly not more then 5. After this week i realised ana has the potential to win more then 5. She shows the will to win and become a great. And that says A LOT about her qualities. There's no one else on tour right now that i see could win more then 5.(besides a healthy sharapova)

goldenlox
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Serena and Justine have great movement. There's no comparison with Ana.

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Serena and Justine have great movement.

Justine has. Serena had :p

And Ana has already improved her movement.

DragonFlame
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Serena and Justine have great movement. There's no comparison with Ana.

sharapova doesn't have great movement but she's a multiple slamwinner and has more slams in her as well. She could win >5 slams(if she gets her old serve back). So i see no reason why ana couldn't if she keeps improving her movement the way she's been doing this year.

Andy.
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Yeah but she is not a naturaly great mover. You can work on your footspeed and fitness all you like but it will never be as good as those who are natural athletes like Serena/Venus/Justine/Kim.

goldenlox
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Sharapova is very mentally tough. She's been to 9 slam semis, and she's 20.
That's a special player, mentally.

DragonFlame
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Sharapova is very mentally tough. She's been to 9 slam semis, and she's 20.
That's a special player, mentally.

I see no reason why ivanovic couldn't become 1 of the mentally tough. She showed it this week already and she came far in the last 3 slams. Only falling to people she should fall too at this time.(justine,venus, fit serena) This year she's had the upperhand against maria,svetlana and jelena. The players she needs to be ahead of at this time in her career and she was this year. (doesn't mean she will beat sharapova on friday, like i mentioned sharapova's will resembles that of the williams/henin)

And justine won her first slam when she was 21/22, ivanovic has time. She just turned 20 this week.

For next year: She needs to start competing a bit with serena/venus/justine and win a match against them. She should stay ahead of kuzzie,jelena and maria. I'm curious if she can stay ahead of amelie, davenport. that will play a role too.(since lindsay is a 3-timeslamchamp and will obviously be a factor next year again and amelie will comeback too)

No Name Face
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Ana's game isn't that special to me.
She has a good serve, average movement, good (but not great) forehand, average backhand.

She could be #1, but she won't be a dominant one.

dybbuk
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Ana's game isn't that special to me.
She has a good serve, average movement, good (but not great) forehand, average backhand.

She could be #1, but she won't be a dominant one.

That makes me wonder if you have actually ever seen Ana at her best. For the most part I would agree with the other things you said (Besides her backhand is slightly better than just "average" when she is really striking it well), but Ana's forehand is a great deal better than just "good". Go back and watch the end of Jankovic-Ivanovic LA, or some of Kuzzie-Ana YEC, or even Sharapova-Ivanovic FO, I am not sure anyone but her right now could completely dominate like that with their forehand. Her forehand isn't always like that of course, but when she is on I am not convinced anyone right now can hit a consistently harder and well placed ball off the forehand side than she can.

doogoo
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:08 AM
She won't win a slam in 2008 or anytime soon. Get over it.

AcesHigh
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:10 AM
I and a lot of other people have been saying this for a while now.. Ana Ivanovic is a very very special player with immense talent. A future Serena/Justine is a bit of stretch I think. She reminds me of Davenport in some ways, or Mary Pierce.. two of my faves. Her forehand and serve don't seem like they will break down either like Sharapova's, Henin's, Venus's and SErena's have in the past.

This has been her first big year. I'm sure she'll make a big splash.. she just needs more experience and maybe a bit of luck like many players have in their first slam win.

Andy.
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:44 AM
I and a lot of other people have been saying this for a while now.. Ana Ivanovic is a very very special player with immense talent. A future Serena/Justine is a bit of stretch I think. She reminds me of Davenport in some ways, or Mary Pierce.. two of my faves. Her forehand and serve don't seem like they will break down either like Sharapova's, Henin's, Venus's and SErena's have in the past.

This has been her first big year. I'm sure she'll make a big splash.. she just needs more experience and maybe a bit of luck like many players have in their first slam win.
I totally agree I have always thought her game was very similar to Mary's with her big serve and huge forehand being her main play. They have hugely similar games. Mary's backhand is better though but Ana is on the improve

Tennisation
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Mental toughness is already one of her best assets. I haven't seen her yet at the YEC, but her problem is inconsistency. She's slowly but surely improving though.

She definitely has a lot of talent and a huge potential. It all will depend on whether she can pull it all together in the next 2 years, which will be crucial for her career. Her forehand has the potential to be such a dominating shot a la Graf's (ofcourse the only thing is that she won't be able to run around her backhand as much as Steffi did).I agree, it's not her mental toughness that's a problem, it's her inconsistency, she is capable of beating anyone but unpredictably can lose to anyone, like she has done often times winning a tittle the week before to go on & lose in the first round of the next tournament.

mboyle
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:36 AM
I agree, it's not her mental toughness that's a problem, it's her inconsistency, she is capable of beating anyone but unpredictably can lose to anyone, like she has done often times winning a tittle the week before to go on & lose in the first round of the next tournament.

This also happens with matches. Ana storms through first sets better than anyone. She loses focus halfway through the second, however.

What bodes well is that Ana matches up very nicely against other people in her generation (Tati, Nicole, Maria). However, if I had to place my bets, I would still go with Maria.

Tennisation
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:40 AM
This also happens with matches. Ana storms through first sets better than anyone. She loses focus halfway through the second, however.

What bodes well is that Ana matches up very nicely against other people in her generation (Tati, Nicole, Maria). However, if I had to place my bets, I would still go with Maria.even though Ana & Maria are in the same generation, Maria already has 2 grand slams, Ana really isn't considered to be in Maria's class until she wins a grand slam. Maria already proves she can hang with the best & beat the best, her problem is can she maintain that, Ana has a lot more to prove to live up to her hype & expectations.

mboyle
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:40 AM
I see no reason why ivanovic couldn't become 1 of the mentally tough. She showed it this week already and she came far in the last 3 slams. Only falling to people she should fall too at this time.(justine,venus, fit serena) This year she's had the upperhand against maria,svetlana and jelena. The players she needs to be ahead of at this time in her career and she was this year. (doesn't mean she will beat sharapova on friday, like i mentioned sharapova's will resembles that of the williams/henin)

And justine won her first slam when she was 21/22, ivanovic has time. She just turned 20 this week.

For next year: She needs to start competing a bit with serena/venus/justine and win a match against them. She should stay ahead of kuzzie,jelena and maria. I'm curious if she can stay ahead of amelie, davenport. that will play a role too.(since lindsay is a 3-timeslamchamp and will obviously be a factor next year again and amelie will comeback too)

I don't think Amelie will be much of a factor next year. I could be wrong, but I think the game has moved on. Too many big hitters now...of course Amelie is lovely to watch, so I'd love to be wrong. Jankovic will never be a problem for Ana, or any true top player, because the top players will control every single point against Jelena unless she adds significant power, and offense always beats defense in tennis, long term. The Williams sisters go on and off like light bulbs, so one can never control for them. Justine will obviously be a challenge. Also, I would not wager that Maria will remain behind Ana. We'll see. Maria of 06 was certainly better than Ana of 07. That should tell us something.

Rosslyn
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:14 AM
I think she's the future Kim Clijsters, which is not bad also

Tennisation
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:29 AM
I think she's the future Kim Clijsters, which is not bad alsoone slam wonder? retiring at the age of 23?:tape:

Rosslyn
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:43 AM
one slam wonder? retiring at the age of 23?:tape:

not like that...the way she plays - huge forehand, good mover (for her height), happy attitude.

but also - doesn't have a plan B, doesn't have some middle gear (she goes 100 % all the time), too much rely on the power of her shots

she will be a threat in next 5-6 years whenever she plays, but until she wins 1st GS, there's nothing that separates her from the rest of the pack

hingisGOAT
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:59 AM
She's excellent and may win a Slam, but there is no way a slow girl can dominate the sport.

Juju4ever
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:38 AM
She has the intensity of the great champions, quite like Sharapova, she reminds me her a lot. Her tennis is getting better, the net game was horrible until now, but I think she worked on that and we can all see the results.

dwynn10
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I completely agree, she has future multiple grandslamwinner written all over her. She's got the game especially since she's been moving a lot better this year. Her movement was the thing holding her back but not anymore. Mental toughness needs time to grow and she held her own really well in that nervewrecking tiebreak today!

I dunno. Her mental toughness against the lesser lights, like Hantuchova and Jankovic, seems to be improving, but I'm not sure how well it holds up against the big guns, such as Henin, Shriekapova, Venus, and a healthier/fitter Serena. She does have game and I can see her winning a GS before Jankovic, my current fave female player, ever does. Although Ivanovic's game doesn't really have any stand-out elements for me, it's still pleasant enough, as is her personality on and off the court, that I wish her nothing but success.

On a side note, the person I really wish would have a breakout tourney into the big league someday is Hantuchova. She has faced and overcome so many personal/professional difficulties, and has a good enough game that I would love to see her having her moment in the sun. Unfortunately, her apparent lack of a killer's instict has stood and continues to stand in the way.

Almost40
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:24 AM
I don't think she has that much talent, but if you say so, maybe she does.

svetaisthebest
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:36 AM
She's excellent and may win a Slam, but there is no way a slow girl can dominate the sport.

Even though she 's not that fast at the moment footspeed is something that can be improved on if she works hard enough so I think if she works on it and improves her overall game she can become a great player .

No Name Face
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:08 AM
That makes me wonder if you have actually ever seen Ana at her best. For the most part I would agree with the other things you said (Besides her backhand is slightly better than just "average" when she is really striking it well), but Ana's forehand is a great deal better than just "good". Go back and watch the end of Jankovic-Ivanovic LA, or some of Kuzzie-Ana YEC, or even Sharapova-Ivanovic FO, I am not sure anyone but her right now could completely dominate like that with their forehand. Her forehand isn't always like that of course, but when she is on I am not convinced anyone right now can hit a consistently harder and well placed ball off the forehand side than she can.

um. when you base your entire game around one shot (re:gonzalez on the men's side) you will get exposed, even if you get hot every now and then. sure, ana can hit her backhand hard but it's not really that good of a shot. she's too slow to run around it like graf did, so what does she have?

i don't think her forehand is amazing. i think it's above average.

i think the next dominant player is someone we haven't heard of yet.

KennyChante4ever
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:14 AM
I think Ana will win a Slam, maybe even a few, but I don't see her being on Justine's or Serena's level because she doesn't seem to possess the killer instinct of a Justine or Serena. She could prove me wrong and that would be great. :)

frontier
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Ana reminds me of Kim,a very good player but falls apart at big events.Kim was in final of big events at 18yrs but her career only gave her one slam.I really like Ana of all the young players but I still feel she falls apart kinda timid if she meets a player who is aggressive and has better movement.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:22 PM
She won't win a slam in 2008 or anytime soon. Get over it.

Nice one to get your first post :worship:
I wish I could see that far in the future :sad:

Lulu.
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:24 PM
:zzz:

Russianboy
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:37 PM
her game is one dimensional. and her backhand is not good. maybe average. I followed some of her last matches... and if a fast ball comes on her backhand she's doing a lot of errors. espacially she cant handle the serve of venus williams. just watch the match at the us open again... she nearly coudlnt play a backhand into the field...
great forehand and good serve. volleys are good as well... could be #1 in a few years if maria is playing awefull, but will never dominate tennis.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:28 PM
One good year and she will be the next Serena or Justine :rolleyes:

We'll see the next year

Aaron.
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:33 PM
her game is one dimensional. and her backhand is not good. maybe average. I followed some of her last matches... and if a fast ball comes on her backhand she's doing a lot of errors. espacially she cant handle the serve of venus williams. just watch the match at the us open again... she nearly coudlnt play a backhand into the field...
great forehand and good serve. volleys are good as well... could be #1 in a few years if maria is playing awefull, but will never dominate tennis. Agree with this post :worship:

Just watch her match against Venus at the Us open this year

Kim-the-bomb
Nov 10th, 2007, 05:35 PM
When I see her playing she often reminds me of Lindsay: Having huge powerful groundstrokes and a good service, but moving too slowly. Especially against players who can cope with her power. But then again Davenport also won her fair share of slams.
I think there were times in the past where a player could compensate slow movement by hitting significantly harder then her opponents. But I don't think that in todays tennis, it's possible to keep doing that and thereby dominating womens tennis. Since Venus and Serena (and others) have set the new standards in "hard ball bashing", other (top)players have adjusted to it: They are now able to get these balls back, and that kills the slow movers.
I think these days, to even come close to domination, you have to play both great offense AND great defense.

Besides moving slow, Ivanovic also has a mediocre return-of-serve. She can really kill weak second serves (Who can't in todays tennis?), but she returns first serves really weakly. IMO a lot of matches are won by scrambling first serves back, this gets in peoples heads.
She has really clean, flat and hard shots, but when under preasure her groundies don't seem to cope really well.

Well, she's already a fine player and time will tell how good she's going to get. But I don't think she will ever achieve the numbers Serena or Justine have achieved. I think from the players playing today, only Maria Sharapova has a remote chance of coming close to the achievements of Juju and Serena.

Tennisaddict
Nov 10th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I don't know about Ana becoming a future Serena/Justine. You have to remember that Serena at her best was an awesome sight to behold. Her aggressive game combined with her relentless defense is something that's very hard to imitate. Even Serena herself has not found that level since 2003. I do think she can match Justine in the offense department but once again not in the defense department. I'm a big fan of Ana but I'm also realistic. Yes, her movement has improved a great deal but I don't think she will ever have the movement Justine has and Serena had. That is a natural gift that has been maximized. I am looking forward though to see Ana dominate her generation with a vengeance :drool:

czechking
Nov 10th, 2007, 05:57 PM
At the age of 20, still in the mould?

Without taking a set from Justine Serena and Venus?

spiritedenergy
Nov 10th, 2007, 06:52 PM
When I see her playing she often reminds me of Lindsay: Having huge powerful groundstrokes and a good service, but moving too slowly. Especially against players who can cope with her power. But then again Davenport also won her fair share of slams.
I think there were times in the past where a player could compensate slow movement by hitting significantly harder then her opponents. But I don't think that in todays tennis, it's possible to keep doing that and thereby dominating womens tennis. Since Venus and Serena (and others) have set the new standards in "hard ball bashing", other (top)players have adjusted to it: They are now able to get these balls back, and that kills the slow movers.
I think these days, to even come close to domination, you have to play both great offense AND great defense.

Besides moving slow, Ivanovic also has a mediocre return-of-serve. She can really kill weak second serves (Who can't in todays tennis?), but she returns first serves really weakly. IMO a lot of matches are won by scrambling first serves back, this gets in peoples heads.
She has really clean, flat and hard shots, but when under preasure her groundies don't seem to cope really well.

Well, she's already a fine player and time will tell how good she's going to get. But I don't think she will ever achieve the numbers Serena or Justine have achieved. I think from the players playing today, only Maria Sharapova has a remote chance of coming close to the achievements of Juju and Serena.

as I said she can be as good as Lindsay, their game is very similar. Flopapova is over and won't win any other slam IMHO.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 11th, 2007, 01:08 AM
At the age of 20, still in the mould?

Without taking a set from Justine Serena and Venus?

There you go again... putting whatever hatred you have against her... :rolleyes:

I stick to my decision, and I will not budge from it.

czechking
Nov 11th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Ha ha. Do you think she will stay at no.4?

Check her ranking again after Roland Garros.

spiritedenergy
Nov 11th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Ha ha. Do you think she will stay at no.4?

Check her ranking again after Roland Garros.

she'll win it:worship:

Williams Rulez
Nov 11th, 2007, 03:10 AM
i just dun think she is in the same class as serena or justine.. in fact, i dun even think she is the best of her generation, which would be maria.

she doesn't have the same intensity as any of them. well, importantly as the others point out, she is never gonna have the defense of serena or justine, which has been a key element of the girls who dominate slams now a days.. since 2005, all the slam winners have been good movers (Amelie, Justine, Serena, Venus), other than Maria in 2006 USO.

No Name Face
Nov 11th, 2007, 03:13 AM
she's a hot version of lindsay without a backhand and with a lesser serve.
even with those flaws, that could get her to #1 (see sharapova), but a henin/williams she is not

spiritedenergy
Nov 11th, 2007, 03:17 AM
she's a hot version of lindsay without a backhand and with a lesser serve.
even with those flaws, that could get her to #1 (see sharapova), but a henin/williams she is not
:tape:

she has a great slice BH; her serve is greater than Lindsay's, only the 2nd serve needs improvement. And she's faster than Lindsay, Lindsay cannot move at all:help:

No Name Face
Nov 11th, 2007, 03:24 AM

she has a great slice BH; her serve is greater than Lindsay's, only the 2nd serve needs improvement. And she's faster than Lindsay, Lindsay cannot move at all:help:

surely you jest...esp about the serve.

she moves faster than lindsay but she has to because she's not as good off the ground as lindsay. i think she's peaked unless she fixes that backhand...it's really bad compared to her forehand. she's not fast enough to always rely on an inside out forehand

LudwigDvorak
Nov 11th, 2007, 03:27 AM
I've really disliked Ana this week. I'm not sure why.

She could be really great but she has weird :weirdo: spells in just about every match she plays it seems. And sometimes they cost her the match/set, as they did against Henin from 2-0 to 2-5.

LindsayRulz
Nov 11th, 2007, 03:43 AM

I don't think Ana's serve is better than Lindsay's...

And I think she has more than her second serve to improve, she has to work on her backhand too.

shibster
Nov 11th, 2007, 04:29 AM
lindsay has a much better serve, and she hits the ball very clean. however, ana's fh does look very impressive this far. both of them dun really move well tho. but when ana takes an inside out fh, her mobility can be further exposed.

well, one other plus is ana can play on clay but lindsay, ah well.....

spiritedenergy
Nov 11th, 2007, 05:36 AM
lindsay has a much better serve, and she hits the ball very clean. however, ana's fh does look very impressive this far. both of them dun really move well tho. but when ana takes an inside out fh, her mobility can be further exposed.

well, one other plus is ana can play on clay but lindsay, ah well.....

yes, Ana's serve got worse in these months, but I think because she's tired. Her FH and footwork and speed and net play are way better than Lindsay's, if she loses weight she can be a decent/good defender, and if that happens I can see her projected to N#1.

The Daviator
Nov 11th, 2007, 06:55 AM
yes, Ana's serve got worse in these months, but I think because she's tired. Her FH and footwork and speed and net play are way better than Lindsay's, if she loses weight she can be a decent/good defender, and if that happens I can see her projected to N#1.

Have you ever seen Davenport play? :confused: When Lindsay goes to the net, she's almost always successful, Lindsay has a very nice net game, and her serve is better than Ana's right now, I think Ana's serve will definitely become as good though, and of course she's a better mover, but that wouldn't be hard :lol:

spiritedenergy
Nov 11th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Have you ever seen Davenport play? :confused: When Lindsay goes to the net, she's almost always successful, Lindsay has a very nice net game, and her serve is better than Ana's right now, I think Ana's serve will definitely become as good though, and of course she's a better mover, but that wouldn't be hard :lol:

well I hardly saw her at net... maybe she doesn't need that much. However don't mistake me I love Davenport, but Ana could be just as good or slightly better (Davenport could have won more slams IMHO). But you agree with me that these kind of slow, hard-hitter FH players cannot really dominate as they'll always find someone who make them run. But they can have very consistent careers overall. I totally see Ana playing after 30.

The Daviator
Nov 11th, 2007, 07:08 AM
well I hardly saw her at net... maybe she doesn't need that much. However don't mistake me I love Davenport, but Ana could be just as good or slightly better (Davenport could have won more slams IMHO). But you agree with me that these kind of slow, hard-hitter FH players cannot really dominate as they'll always find someone who make them run. But they can have very consistent careers overall. I totally see Ana playing after 30.

Yeah, I completely agree with that, Ana will still hold #1 and wins Slams though, but it is hard to dominate when you have a weakness like lack of mobility definitely.

Williams Rulez
Nov 11th, 2007, 08:29 AM
yes, Ana's serve got worse in these months, but I think because she's tired. Her FH and footwork and speed and net play are way better than Lindsay's, if she loses weight she can be a decent/good defender, and if that happens I can see her projected to N#1.oh come on! lindsay's serve is one of the best in the game.. and her net game is solid! ana's net game on the other hand, is far from tt. she periodically shanks put aways.

her footwork and speed may be better, but lindsay has better hands. when she gets to the play, she can put the ball back deep, ana just does her floaty slice, and when are that slow, it matters more tt u can do something with the ball.

what ana has over lindsay, is probably better mental strength and a more positive attitude.