PDA

View Full Version : What about ranking points??

MistyGrey
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:46 PM
If Serena pulls out (which looks like the case) and Marion steps in to play the remaining two matches... will both of them get ranking points for making it to the YEC??

Iceland
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I was wondering the same thing!

I think Marion will get those 105 pts instead of Serena, but I am not too sure. It's not even made that she is competing ATM ^^.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:48 PM
No one knows.

If Marion gets to the semis she will get points for that. If she finishes 4th she might get less than the usual 105 points.

Serena ... no clue.

Poova
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Well Eggy said that Serena would get a fraction of her points or something. :o :shrug: But I really have no clue, don't understand this stuff :p

MistyGrey
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Its a little confusing... If Bartoli gets to the semis, she gets the points, but what if she loses her next 2 matches?

I dont think Serena will get any points, not sure though!

MistyGrey
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Well Eggy said that Serena would get a fraction of her points or something. :o :shrug: But I really have no clue, don't understand this stuff :p

Thats even more confusing! :lol:

serenus_2k8
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Well then surely Serena could just stand there, finish fourth and take the points since shes here anyway?

She could just say shes trying out a new style of stationary play :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I sent emails to some of my contacts see what happens :lol:

Serena i think will get 35 pts, Bartoli if 4th in gp 70 pts.
hope i get a reply, new person who does ranks is of little help :o

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:03 PM
I sent emails to some of my contacts see what happens :lol:

Serena i think will get 35 pts, Bartoli if 4th in gp 70 pts.
hope i get a reply, new person who does ranks is of little help :o
Would make sense (somewhat).

But what if Bartoli makes SF, does she get SF points minus 35 then? :lol:

Vlad Tepes
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I was wondering the same thing, this has happened before at the YEC, right? Doesn't anyone remember what happened with the ranking points then?

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I was wondering the same thing, this has happened before at the YEC, right? Doesn't anyone remember what happened with the ranking points then?
I don't think it has ever happened on the women's side before.

Sean.
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Well then surely Serena could just stand there, finish fourth and take the points since shes here anyway?

She could just say shes trying out a new style of stationary play :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha, with all the Davydenko affair?

I can see the title now 'Serena fined for not trying'

Serena after 'loosing' to JJ and JuJu:

'They were just too good for me i couldn't get near the ball, and the 24 double faults well i suppose that was just bad luck' :lol: