PDA

View Full Version : Bartoli likely to play the YEC!!!

Sylvester
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM
:woohoo:

kaktusino
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:03 PM
No. :o

What about Elena?

John.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:10 PM
^^Marion would have been the next player to qualify, so she is first alternate

IceSkaTennisFan
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Boring :sad: ...unless Bartoli beats Henin :devil:

disco_rage
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Yay! GO BARTOLI!

Obviously it aint a nice way to get to YEC with Serena retiring! But i'll take it!

cypher_88
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:14 PM
:tape: :tape: oh dear...

Schnyderfreak
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:14 PM
:banana::banana:MARION:banana:banana:

Iceland
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Poor Serena first :sad:. But OMG Marion :sobbing:. Don't know if I have to be happy or not. She has such a huge task in front of her!

shap_half
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Revenge time tomorrow, please!

saint2
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Congratulations. Marion :lol: :lol: This is bcoming intresting ;)

Petkorazzi
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:18 PM
How is this? :eek: Serena played , will Chakys win be anulated?

moby
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I know something very similar happened in the Masters in 2005.
This is actually really interesting.

If I'm not wrong:
1) If Marion goes 2-0, she automatically tops the group. The other players can come up with a 2-1 at best so Marion goes on top based on percentages.
2) If Marion loses to Justine and beats Jelena, and Anna loses to Jelena, she goes 1-1 while Jelena and Anna go 1-2. So Marion will come in second in the group based on percentages again.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

In case 1, suppose Anna beats Jelena. Both Justine and Anna will end up with 2-1. Sets won/lost become crucial. Does Anna's win over Serena count as a 1-0 or a 2-0 for her sets record?

Хлоэ
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:19 PM
:help:

Lady
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:22 PM

If I'm not wrong:
1) If Marion goes 2-0, she automatically tops the group. The other players can come up with a 2-1 at best so Marion goes on top based on percentages.
2) If Marion loses to Justine and beats Jelena, and Anna loses to Jelena, she goes 1-1 while Jelena and Anna go 1-2. So Marion will come in second in the group based on percentages again.

In case 1, suppose Anna beats Jelena. Both Justine and Anna will end up with 2-1. Sets won/lost become crucial. Does Anna's win over Serena count as a 1-0 or a 2-0 for her sets record?

I think that in case of the same number of wins, the player who competed in more matches will qualify.

Sefo
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I wish Safarova would've qualified instead, and beat Henin again. I doubt Bartoli would do anything.

Petkorazzi
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
moby,all I can say about your post is that it counts as Anna 2:0

Tennisation
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
one fatty replacing another fatty
great for the wta
:haha:

justine schnyder
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Oh dear/crap :help: :o

Petkorazzi
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I wish Safarova would've qualified instead, and beat Henin again. I doubt Bartoli would do anything.

:weirdo: Bartoli also baet her, and what has Safarova done whole year? :shrug:

Poova
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:25 PM
oh god here comes the "death of women's tennis!!!1111 rIP wta TOur" etc. crap again. :o

Happy for Marion, but she has a tough task ahead of her. Hopefully she's up to it. :)

dylan24
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:27 PM
so my message gets deleted because i called serena and bartoli fat?
unreal

Petkorazzi
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Marion was commentating for ES France today , I didnt understand most, though I believe she's ready!

Sefo
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Something i'm not clear, she will enter with 0-1, right?

Bijoux0021
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM
^^Marion would have been the next player to qualify, so she is first alternate
Is Marion in Madrid?

Хлоэ
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:32 PM
:weirdo: Bartoli also baet her, and what has Safarova done whole year? :shrug:

and what has done Bartoli apart from Wimbledon? any huge upsets? no.

Lucie beat Henin, Mauresmo (twice), Kuznetsova, Vaidisova earlier this year :)

TO newbie
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Is Marion in Madrid?

yes I believe she is required to be in Madrid in case a player withdraws.

Poova
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:35 PM

Key part of your post. :) Since then she has done the square root of NOTHING. At least Marion's been getting to QF, SF of some tournaments since Wimbledon.

hablo
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I hope Marion makes the most out of this opportunity.

Petkorazzi
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:37 PM

Beat Safarova :angel: All is said :p

Poova
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Beat Safarova :angel: All is said :p
:lol: Yes, that too. :p

How the hell did Safarova even come into this conversation anyway? She wasn't even near making the YEC.

Just Do It
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Marion :eek: :bolt:

Хлоэ
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Key part of your post. :) Since then she has done the square root of NOTHING. At least Marion's been getting to QF, SF of some tournaments since Wimbledon.

i found Lucie's game more enjoyable tho.

Beat Safarova All is said

so? :shrug: still nothing decent before and since Wimbledon.

Pie800
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM

uh, Safarova is way off from qualifying...

Iceland
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:46 PM
2 questions:
- Is it really sure???
- Will Marion get those 105pts for participating instead of Serena?

Lulu.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Good for her. :)

I'm glad she'll be playing and not Dementieva or anyone else.

Yasmine
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:48 PM
:scratch:

DragonFlame
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:57 PM
oewh!!! justine a chance for revenge against bartoli and winning the YEC title!!! how sweet :D

Play_Suspended
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:59 PM
so does withdrawing from one match automatically mean you withdraw from the whole thing? or can serena still play if she feels fit enough?

faboozadoo15
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
so does withdrawing from one match automatically mean you withdraw from the whole thing? or can serena still play if she feels fit enough?

I can't imagine you could Retire from a match and not withdraw from the tournament. I don't understand what all the speculation is about. Serena out, Bartoli in. I would think the TV people would know this.

I almost feel like they're being given false information because no one will tune in to watch Bartoli/Henin.

boohooboo
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:08 PM
she'll go 0-4 in sets and win at most 6 games in total.

jonny84
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Would be the icing on the cherry if Marion does play here.

faboozadoo15
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:14 PM
she'll go 0-4 in sets and win at most 6 games in total.

Against two players she just beat at Wimbledon? Yeah, okay.

loppy
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:22 PM

If I'm not wrong:

I think you're wrong, moby. Marion will inherit Serena's loss and start with a one match disadvantage.

thrust
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I can't imagine you could Retire from a match and not withdraw from the tournament. I don't understand what all the speculation is about. Serena out, Bartoli in. I would think the TV people would know this.

I almost feel like they're being given false information because no one will tune in to watch Bartoli/Henin.

What you say makes sense, but we are talking WTA here where anything is possible!

Lady
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I think you're wrong, moby. Marion will inherit Serena's loss and start with a one match disadvantage.

No, she won't. You can't inherit other player's achievements or failures.

Imagine if the player who is already in the SF gets injured in the 3rd match and has to retire, you think the alternitive gets to play in said SF over the players who actually competed in the RR?

Ballbasher
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Serena can still play and it's unsure whether she will or not

ViennaCalling
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I thought if someone retires in a match he's automatically out :confused:

BartoliBabes
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:32 PM
way to go mar ;)

j-fan
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:33 PM

Imagine if the player who is already in the SF gets injured in the 3rd match and has to retire, you think the alternitive gets to play in said SF over the players who actually competed in the RR?

So Marion can still get into the SF if she beats Justine and Jelena like 6-0 6-0?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

j-fan
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:35 PM

So can Marion still get into the SF if she beats Justine and Jelena like 6-0 6-0?

petkoan
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I will be better alternative to play against Henin. Bartoli will be disaster.

Lady
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:43 PM
So can Marion still get into the SF if she beats Justine and Jelena like 6-0 6-0?

Yes, Bartoli still can get into SF if she wins both her matches and Jelena will beat Anna (because then she'd have 2 wins and Anna and Jelena would have 1).

Juju4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Crap!! I think Justine should ask Serena to play, I'm not ready yet to face my fears. :D

Serena-rules-no1
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Bartoli http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/style_emoticons/default/sick.gif

Poova
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:44 PM
You are a fucking retard, she's already beaten Justine this year. I guess you were asleep during Wimbledon, or just too stupid to notice any of the matches? :weirdo:

j-fan
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Yes, Bartoli still can get into SF if she wins both her matches and Jelena will beat Anna (because then she'd have 2 wins and Anna and Jelena would have 1).

An interesting scenario will be if Bartoli wins both of her matches and Anna beats Jelena. Then the three of them will have two wins each. Ties will then be broken by number of sets and games lost in which case there is a possibility that Justine won't qualify. Right?

Not that I think this will happen.

vertilal
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:55 PM
If the quality of women's tennis (except Justine) hasn't reached some new lows, now Bartoli will take it to new record low levels by farting her way out to two ridicilous losses.

Sefo
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Serena has retired from one match, and she's got two more to play. So stop talking about Bartoli.

DragonFlame
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:57 PM
An interesting scenario will be if Bartoli wins both of her matches and Anna beats Jelena. Then the three of them will have two wins each. Ties will then be broken by number of sets and games lost in which case there is a possibility that Justine won't qualify. Right?

Not that I think this will happen.

no anna will qualify over bartoli then. The one that played the most matches will continue.(since anna played 3 and bartoli only 2) Bartoli only has a chance if she wins her 2 matches and jelena beats anna. otherwise she's out.

sharapovarulz1
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:00 PM
You are a fucking retard, she's already beaten Justine this year. I guess you were asleep during Wimbledon, or just too stupid to notice any of the matches? :weirdo:

:lol: :lol:

Iceland
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Sorry to be annoying, but once again, does Marion is IN already or she has to wait for Williams's decision?
There are two voices contradictiong each other actually so it's hard to follow :lol:

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:09 PM

:weirdo: She is the only person that has defeated Henin since May.

mboyle
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:20 PM
:weirdo: She is the only person that has defeated Henin since May.

6-1; 5-4...then Justine choked like no other. Bartoli had almost nothing to do with it, and that was the best performance she's ever given in her life by a lot. She's not even a top twenty player in terms of talent.

Sean.
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Bartoli beating Henin was a complete fluke.

Henin was exhausted and emotionally drained!

Henin is without a doubt a better player thgn Bartoli, and anyone you thinks otherwise obviously doesn't know the first thing about tennis.

Serena is injured, i can't see her beating Henin.
Bartoli will loose to Henin, unless Henin has another break down

Face it. Henin wins either way!

j-fan
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:27 PM
no anna will qualify over bartoli then. The one that played the most matches will continue.(since anna played 3 and bartoli only 2) Bartoli only has a chance if she wins her 2 matches and jelena beats anna. otherwise she's out.

Thanks for the clarification. Allez Justine has qualified.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Poova
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:28 PM
6-1; 5-4...then Justine choked like no other. Bartoli had almost nothing to do with it, and that was the best performance she's ever given in her life by a lot. She's not even a top twenty player in terms of talent.
Rubbish, Marion played an awesome match. Don't see why some people have such a problem accepting that fact. :rolleyes:

As for the above post, no one said that Marion is a better player than Henin. Of course she isn't. But if Henin is below form, and Marion is in great form than she has as much of a chance as anyone, as she proved at Wimbledon.

saint2
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=mboyle;11957896]6-1; 5-4...then Justine choked like no other. Bartoli had almost nothing to do with it, and that was the best performance she's ever given in her life by a lot. She's not even a top twenty player in terms of talent. [QUOTE]

Thats very annoying- saying that someone isnt top20 player "in terms of talent"- if she IS in top10 that means she DESERVES to be in top10- its better than be like Patty Schnyder who should be a GS champion "in terms of talent" (thats not mine opinion, but I've heard that very often), but in fact she never was a serous slam contender

The Daviator
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:06 PM

She had a lot to do with the 6-1 set she gave Justine :wavey: Has anyone played like that against Justine before or since in 2007???

Anyway, if she's in, then good luck to her :yeah:

Renalicious
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:20 PM
There's quite a chance Bartoli could make the semis! She's beaten both Jelena and Justine before. :)

partbrit
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Rubbish, Marion played an awesome match. Don't see why some people have such a problem accepting that fact.

Thank you. I am so tired of hearing the commentators talk about Henin's Wimbledon "breakdown." There was no breakdown; she got her ass kicked by Bartoli. If only Bartoli could get some consistency...

Serena-rules-no1
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:34 PM
There's quite a chance Bartoli could make the semis! She's beaten both Jelena and Justine before. :)

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3990/142smilieoh9.gifhttp://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1133/trxsmly150da.gif

starin
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:49 PM
What is Serena doing? So illogical..this is like Wimbledon all over again.

Pheobo
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Good...Bartoli would be much more interesting for me. she's been playing much better than serena has lately.

mboyle
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:38 PM
If only Bartoli could get some consistency...

Consistency might be the issue if Bartoli played like that every other match, or maybe every third match...but as it is, she has played that way for one tournament and, arguably, just one match.

Jenny.C.Fan
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Allez Marion :D

FrenchY52
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:41 PM
:help:
And this is called the MASTERS :o

Imperfect Angel
Nov 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Well done Bartoli!
Great debut!:yeah: :D