PDA

View Full Version : Chaky def Rena 6-4 ret.

Aaron.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM
:tape:

supergrunt
Well...

Serenidad.
:(

Effy
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Chaky :drool:

get well Serena (if she is injured)

John.
Get well soon Rena :hug:

Anna - Glad she got a win but not in the manner it happened

ce
i m so sad right now

Princeza
Ah Cattytadze :D

*W*
LOVE you SERENA!

Mightymirza
what happened to serena?? :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Anna :yeah: :woohoo:

too bad for Serena

ViennaCalling
Serena :ignore:

Poor Marion - she won't have a chance now to reach the semis i guess :sad:

Sefo
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Serena blamed on her racket at first.

vejh
I don't know what to say. Can't wait to see what Serena will say about this injury. This is ....unfortunate.

Olórin
Chaky :drool:

get well Serena (if she is injured)

Ignorant comment.

Serena wouldn't retire unless she was in some pain, and therefore injured.

Btw, has Serena retired just from this match, or is she withdrawing from the tournament?

Tennis-Chick
ANNA :kiss: :kiss: Great work!

Mightymirza
what happened to serena?? :sad:

BuTtErFrEnA
:hysteric: rest up for the AO babygirl :kiss:

Ballbasher
Chaky :) But poor Serena you could clearly see she was injured all the best! :)
Just imagine Marion will play now sweet revenge for Jankovic and Henin? :p

Slutiana
:bigcry: I can't believe it. Im gutted. Absolutely gutted.

The only 2 im rooting for now are 0-1. :sad: Come on JJ and Kuzzie then. :sad:

TheBoiledEgg

Marion would need to beat Justine and Jankovic
1 win = she = out

Drimal
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Anna :banana:

Good luck versus Jelena! :kiss:

Get well soon Serena.

BuTtErFrEnA
you can't withdraw from a match and not the tournie...so she's done

Ballbasher

Imagine if she pulls a Wimbledon :eek: I don't hope so though increases Chaky's chances a bit to get through!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Get well soon Serena :sad:

LDF
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:09 PM
*sigh*

Rest up, Serena :sad: :hug:

"Topaz"
Get well, Rena! Take care of that knee.

Amazing enough, she still got $100,000 for her one-set effort. Quite a job, if you can get it!

kaktusino
What information about Marion in Madrid?

frenchie
Does it count as a straight set win for Anna??

If so, I guess the winner of Anna/JJ will reach the SF
Just to remind you Anna leads JJ 5/2 in the head to head!!!

Russianboy
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:10 PM
:bounce:
get well soon serena :)

so does it count like 6-4 6-0?

Poova
So Marion is in now? But she can only play two matches? Not very fair really but OH WELL. :o

Craigy
I'm fed up with this knee. :(

Olórin
you can't withdraw from a match and not the tournie...so she's done

Oh :(

Congrats Justine then :o

*Jean*
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
So sad. :sad: :sad:

And even more sad, Bartoli will play YEC.

cancelled1
What happened to Serena?:confused:

Craigy
So Marion is in now? But she can only play two matches? Not very fair really but OH WELL. :o

She's an alternative, she's lucky enough to be in the tournament. :shrug:

StZox
Anna is so lucky

starin
so does this mean that Serena is out of the YEC?
:sad: Venus couldn't even play the YEC and now Serena has to retire from the YEC. This is is like 2003 all over again. Both sisters ending the year with injuries.

MistyGrey
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Too bad!

DarkchildSwiss
poor rena. get well soon. maybe juju can now take a revenge for her Wimby SF loss against Bartoli.

TheBoiledEgg
Does it count as a straight set win for Anna??

If so, I guess the winner of Anna/JJ will reach the SF
Just to remind you Anna leads JJ 5/2 in the head to head!!!

it counts as a 6-4 6-0 win

dybbuk
She shouldn't even have played here. :o

Get well soon. :sad: :hug:

thrust
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM
If she retired from the match, she should be out of the tournament. If not, then she can^t be really injured.

Elwin.
:eek:

Shoulderpova
:bounce:
get well soon serena :)

so does it count like 6-4 6-0?

it will be counted as a straight set win for Anna i guess.
So its obvious that the winner of Anna Jelena match will make it to the semis.
No way Bartoli would beat Henin and Jankovic again.

DarkchildSwiss
unfortunately lena d will not be the replacement player.

frenchie
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:14 PM
it counts as a 6-4 6-0 win

Ok Thanks

Good operation for Anna:cool:
Too bad Serena had to withdraw. She was moving better than during her last 3 tournies:sad:

Brooklyn90
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Wow what a crappy end to a pretty bad year, the only good thing was AO and Miami.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I'm happy for Chaky but so sad for Serena , don't know what to say

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:16 PM
She shouldn't have played in the first place. Very stupid decision of her.

Paris75
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Marion would need to beat Justine and Jankovic
1 win = she = out

Are you sure ?

Now it is
Henin 2/0 (4s/0)
Chaky 1/1 (2s/2)
Jankovic 0/1 (0s/2)

If Marion def only Jankovic (2s/0
and
if Henin def Marion (2s/1)
if Jankovic def Chaky (2s/0)

Then we have: Henin 3/0 (6s/1)
Marion 1/2 (3s/4)
Jankovic 1/2 (2s/4)
Chaky 1/2 (2s/4)

So marion would be qualified !!! Am i wrong ?

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:18 PM
It looked pretty serious. The injury was on the same knee that she had surgery on. Serena needs to rest. I think she was too eager to come back to play for the USO (considering there was a lot of talk that she was injured). I wish we could fast forward the next to months, just to see if both V and S will be healthy for the AO.

Olórin
She shouldn't have played in the first place. Very stupid decision of her.

She seemed pretty fit and up for it though, I really don't think she realised she would be in that much pain. :shrug:

Wintermute
Poor Serena. Sad to see that.

But I'm happy for Anna of course. She did what she had to do and now she has a very good shot against Jelena.

Yasmine
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:19 PM
:eek:

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM
damn, i just started getting coverage...and the moment i start watching i see serena retiring. well.......based on points it seems like a close match, but wha t happened?

sammy01
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:22 PM
im sure the rule is a alternate cant reach the semis, even if they win 2 matches like marion could and come second in the group!

anyway well done anna beat jj now and your in the semis, serena dont know what to say.

John.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Are you sure ?

Now it is
Henin 2/0 (4s/0)
Chaky 1/1 (2s/2)
Jankovic 0/1 (0s/2)

If Marion def only Jankovic (2s/0
and
if Henin def Marion (2s/1)
if Jankovic def Chaky (2s/0)

Then we have: Henin 3/0 (6s/1)
Marion 1/2 (3s/4)
Jankovic 1/2 (2s/4)
Chaky 1/2 (2s/4)

So marion would be qualified !!! Am i wrong ?

I am confused - On Eurosport they are saying the alternate can't qualify for the SFs

Lulu.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:26 PM
This is so annoying. :sad:

Get well Serena. :hug:

matty
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I just don't think Serena's heart is in it anymore. She seems distracted...I wonder if she's depressed. Serena, please get healthy and come back like your old self -- fit and strong!

TO newbie
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I am confused - On Eurosport they are saying the alternate can't qualify for the SFs

so the alternative just comes in to fill out the round robin draw with no chance of moving forward if they do well - that seems kinda unfair!!
What happens if the alternate goes on to win the next two matches in her pool?

hurricanejeanne
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:32 PM
What the hell happened Serena? :sad::hug:

Conrats, Anna :)

Europe rocks
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Well, I guess Anna will leave Madrid with a win :shrug:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Serena... :hug: Get well soon.

Anna... :bounce: You might have a chance to qualify in the SF... if you can beat Jelena next :)

simba
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:46 PM
rest for 2008

Slumpsova
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Serena lost but her hideous wannabe won :rolleyes: :weirdo:
i think i'm done with this Year End Crap.

Ben.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:49 PM
serena :hug: shame something like this had to happen.

anna :) she got a win, but not in these type of circumstances.

dwynn10
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Well, I don't doubt that Serena is injured (no one would be foolish enough to wear those wacky knee tapes if she weren't really injured). However, I draw the line at whitewashing her retirement. If she really wanted to compete at her best, 1) she should have put herself in better physical condition; does anyone think that the extra weight and the lack of conditioning/match play didn't contribute to the knee problems? and 2) she should have realized before she showed up in Madrid that her body was not going to hold up and given the spot to someone else who's readier to play. After all, Serena's supposed to be an athlete, isn't she? An athlete should be fine-tuned and listen to what her body is telling her. Serena obviously didn't or chose to ignore it on the foolish belief that she's Serena and she could beat anyone anytime if she willed it. (Showing up at a tourney knowing she has phyical problems and retiring after playing only one set is not respectful to the organizers or the fans either.)

At any rate, the signs are all over the place now: Serena's unfit condition and lack of commitment to do anything about it, and her reluctance to face the reality that she's no longer a dominant force can only mean more troubled waters ahead, if she decided to go on with her career.

Rod the Bama
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:56 PM
It was sad to see Serena after she retired. :( I wanted to give her a hug when i saw the tears in her eyes. :( It was very obvious right away that she had a knee injury. Hopefully it isn`t too serious.

jonny84
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Sad to see a retirement, particuarly at the YEC.

Hope Serena recovers well and is able to defend in Australia.

friendsita
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Well I have to say that I'm not surprise at all, I'm a little bit sad for Rena but I just hope she can be fine in order to efense her AO title, hope her and Vee the best for 2008.

This YEC sucks know!

buckyohare
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Happy for Anna. She has a real shot to advance. She's definitely in better form here.

As for Serena, atleast she tried. Seeing her face close to crying is kinda sad.

serenus_2k8
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Serena's unfit condition and lack of commitment to do anything about it, and her reluctance to face the reality that she's no longer a dominant force can only mean more troubled waters ahead, if she decided to go on with her career.

Lol correct me if I'm wrong but Grand Slam winners are dominant forces in my eyes..especially when they completely stuff the opponent in the final. Everyone knows Serena is the world no.1 when shes at her peak (ie at the start of the year) its just a matter of getting there and keeping it that way.

Serena is not going to just give up if she can help it. Dont count her out yet.

crazy_people
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Serena has once again proved that she clearly & cleanly is a BITCH. :fiery:

Olórin
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM

And once again it has been proven that there are more joyless souls who enjoy hating on Serena than any other WTA player.

Lucyxx
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Аня! :kiss: :kiss:

She could have won 6-2 if she didn't play so :cuckoo: in the first few games.

dwynn10
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Lol correct me if I'm wrong but Grand Slam winners are dominant forces in my eyes..especially when they completely stuff the opponent in the final. Everyone knows Serena is the world no.1 when shes at her peak (ie at the start of the year) its just a matter of getting there and keeping it that way.

Serena is not going to just give up if she can help it. Dont count her out yet.

Woulda, coulda. Of course, if she's at her peak, she can beat anyone anytime. The question is if she's past that peak already. She hasn't given herself much of a chance to regain that peak with her obvious, obvious lack of conditioning and seemingly lack of commitment to do anything about it. I'm certainly not counting her out, but none of us can deny time or gravity, not even Serena, especially when she hasn't shown in the past year that she wanted to fight against those forces.

crazy_people
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:33 PM
And once again it has been proven that there are more joyless souls who enjoy hating on Serena than any other WTA player.

If she doesnt feel fit, she shuld not have shown up at all. We could have had atleast a complete match.:mad: I am not a Serena hater but she made 'RETIRING MATCHES' as her hobby in this fall. She shuld have wrapped up when she went down in Moscow.:(

Groenefelder25
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:36 PM
how horrid :sad: im so sorry for serena and all her fans.

Serena-rules-no1
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
so unlucky

Serena has been the most unlucky player of the season

She could have won at least 5 titles and 1-2 Grand Slams hadn't she been injured :sad:

DownTheLine21
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:05 PM
This is too bad, but I knew those wraps weren't simply for "prevention." She must have had a slight injury coming into the match.

dapxin
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM

W00t ?

what is this all about ?

You are a credit to freedom of expression!

LindsayRulz
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Serena :sad:

crazy_people
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:26 PM
so unlucky

Serena has been the most unlucky player of the season

She could have won at least 5 titles and 1-2 Grand Slams hadn't she been injured :sad: :haha:

Renalicious
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:10 PM
What the... :sad: :sad: Ah, I'm so sad right now. :sad: Rest up then Rena...

F-R-E-A-K
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Get well soon Rena :hug:

WTG Anna Chaky!! :hearts:
:woohoo:

vettipooh
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:09 PM
It was rather painful watching Rena play today. From the time she stepped on court with those legs tape things, I had the awful feeling something was just so wrong. By the time it was 2 all, it was clear she was too injured to play at her best. She looked so sad and heartbroken. Hope she rests up for next year and is prepared to defend AO title. Btw Vee was looking damn good :hearts: She's rocking that short cute haircut.

Andy.
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Get well soon Serena. I really want her to play Justine and take her out.

SV_Fan
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Serena has not past her peak. I think if tennis is her main focus like it was during her peak then she can win everthing again. But yeah she won the Australian but that was to prove to people that she is not over and finished, and miami was just to prove that the title wasn;t a fluke. If Serena really wanted to say that she was back she wouldn't have lost matches to schnyder and henin and she would take better care of her self. I hope this is the injury that tells Serena that she has to work hard. In 2002 she twisted her ankle and she said on the Plane home she was going to work extremely hard to win everything. My question is now that sh has all four slams is she think she is already the best, as you can see Venus stil takes her tennis seriusly because she is still hungry Serena needs to go home and get it together and sayu to herself do I really deserve to be here because right now I thinking she doesn't. But you know you can never count a williams out.

.Andrew.
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Serena :sobbing: :sad:
Rest up and have a healthy 2008! :wavey:

Anna C :woohoo: Happy that she was able to grab a win this week. :)

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Serena has not past her peak. I think if tennis is her main focus like it was during her peak then she can win everthing again.

Chances are very high that Serena is indeed past her peak and will never dominate and never win everything again. :angel:

starin
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Chances are very high that Serena is indeed past her peak and will never dominate and never win everything again. :angel:

Chances were also very high that she wouldn't win the AO this year. Actually, I think I remember a couple tennis experts saying there was absolutely no way she would win the AO or even get back to the top ten. One special lady even laughed at the idea of Serena even making the final And another skewered her and said she would never be a top player again. :angel:

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Chances were also very high that she wouldn't win the AO this year.

There is a very big difference between winning one Slam and dominating again like Serena did in 2002/03. :angel:

starin
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:44 AM
There is a very big difference between winning one Slam and dominating again like Serena did in 2002/03. :angel:

There was also a huge difference between losing to 56 ranked journeywoman (at the time) in a Tier IV QF :tape: :help: and winning a slam beating the no.1 seed. :angel:

Anyhoo as "impossible" as it seems now that Serena could dominate the WTA again...it was even more impossible and unimaginable that she could possibly win the AO in 2007.

goldenlox
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Serena was the 2nd best player all year. She won a major, and lost to Justine at the other 3. And won Miami.
No one else had that good a year besides Justine.

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Anyhoo as "impossible" as it seems now that Serena could dominate the WTA again...it was even more impossible and unimaginable that she could possibly win the AO in 2007.

I disagree with this.

Also, when you look at Serena's last Slam appearance before AO 2007 (she played very well and pushed the #1 player to 3 sets at USO 2006), it was already imaginable that she could do some damage at AO 2007.

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Serena :hug:

It's a shame she won't get to play out the YEC. Without a doubt she was one of the best players in 07.

plantman
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:24 AM
:tape:
Give them hell Chaky!

plantman
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:26 AM

:yeah:

starin
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:38 AM
I disagree with this.

Also, when you look at Serena's last Slam appearance before AO 2007 (she played very well and pushed the #1 player to 3 sets at USO 2006), it was already imaginable that she could do some damage at AO 2007.

are u kidding? No one...I mean no one other than die hard fans thought Serena had a chance in hell of winning the AO this year. And this includes the experts. She wasn't even really considered a dark horse...in fact most people thougth she would lose her first round to Santangelo. Either you weren't paying attention or you just seeing what you want to see. A contagious disease that runs rampant around WTA World.

winone23
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:21 AM
:( :( Serena get well.

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2007, 10:38 AM
are u kidding? No one...I mean no one other than die hard fans thought Serena had a chance in hell of winning the AO this year. And this includes the experts. She wasn't even really considered a dark horse...in fact most people thougth she would lose her first round to Santangelo. Either you weren't paying attention or you just seeing what you want to see. A contagious disease that runs rampant around WTA World.

I should have known before that a reasonable discussion is not possible with people like you.

Renalicious
Nov 8th, 2007, 10:41 AM
So many Serena haters here...all I can say is,

keep on hating. Serena will prove you all wrong once more anyway.

V-MAC
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I loved Serena's pre-match interview with Pam Shriver :lol: :o

Hashim.
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:02 AM
:sad: