GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:50 PM
omfg

LoveFifteen
Henin just won the YEC!

Slutiana
fuck. Unless the tape is irritating her or something this is fucking unreal.

Olórin
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Why did Serena have to have knee surgery, it's ruined her career. :sobbing:

BuTtErFrEnA
indeed...if serena's knee is gone jh definitely is winning

starin
not surprising seeing as she came into the match completely strapped up.
How many times have we seen a player come in completely strapped up and a call a trainer and then cal a trainer and/or retire.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM
yea she will never be the same after that surgery

ce

so true :sad:

Poova
Henin just won the YEC!
Like there was any doubt before anyway. :p

Slampova
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
She should have withdrew before the tournament began and let Marion play.

A Justine fan wants Marion in her group :o? :lol:

treufreund
Henin just won the YEC!
first of all, justine has won nothing yet. She will take 1 match at a time. There are tougher players to deal with than Serena. Serena is not the player to beat. Hope she is ok though. :)

Dodoboy.
BE QUIET!
i dont mean that!!
just very emotional!!
looks sooo bad!! worry in the eyes of a champion!

mdterp01
Justine was already winning this tournament regardless of this development. Justine is simply head and shoulders above the rest of the field right now.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Ok people lets not be that dramatic. The injury doesn't look good, she says she is in "alot of pain.....hasn't felt that kind of pain since knee surgery". So i think her chances at the YEC might just be over, but the off season is coming up, she can recover! lets be positive.

Slampova
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Neither Maria or Serena can seem to catch a break with injuries this year :sad:

ce
she is still playing :unsure:

BuTtErFrEnA
this isn't cool in the least....sigh...

John.
Well she's playing again - Hope it isn't serious

Jenin fan
This really sucks. I thought she had said that she was fit and ready to compete again. It sucks seeing players struggle. Get well, Serena.

BuTtErFrEnA
she's not retiring??

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:55 PM
well remember you can feel good until you actually play a match...

Helaena
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:56 PM
serena injured?

Slutiana
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:56 PM
is she ballbashing now? (Please say she is..)

serenafan08
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:57 PM

That's it in a nutshell. She hasn't been the same since that surgery.

@Sweet Cleopatra
so sad and dissapointed I hope she'll be healthy and it's only a cramp ,

ce
but i think she is going to withdrew
just so sad

mdterp01
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:59 PM
She has never recovered from that knee surgery. I think she came back too quickly from it and it will be an issue for the rest of her career. Its truly ashame. Very disappointing.

BuTtErFrEnA
yup serena withdraws

ce
shde is gone
:sad:

John.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM
:rolleyes:

williams.i.am
oh snap... poor serena...

serenafan08
She just withdrew.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:01 PM
next :o

Dodoboy.
Dumbass

Pureracket
Yeah, Serena is evil. If I were you, I'd stop writing about her. She's not worth your time.

By the way, isn't that Mauresmo in your avatar?

...just askin'....

mdterp01
She had knee surgery you retard!! It is something she has never fully recovered from and something that I said a couple years ago would probably affect her the rest of her career. Its ashame to see her struggling like that. If knee surgery and rehab are not done right, you are basically screwed. I really think this is bad for the future. I hope not but man..this is tough. I hate to see this happen to such a great champion.

starin
she gave it her all. She probably didn't expect to be as much pain as she is in. at least she let Chavketdaze finish out the set.

supergrunt
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Serena :hug:

Congrats Justine :rolleyes:

xr6turbo
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Are you kidding!! Serena is an EMBARRASSMENT to WTA tour. She starts losing AGAIN and of course its an injury. BOO HOO. Get fit or dont play! There are plenty of other girls on the tour who would have welcomed the opportunity to play the YEC. She was moving fine - just getting all she could handle from Chakvetadze.
This is round robin..its unfair to the tour, the players, and the fans to show up here knowing you have to play at least 3 matches and not be ready to give it your all. RIDICULOUS!!
Jealous much that Mauresmo isn't playing? Just because Amelie has completely lost the plot, doesn't mean you have to be bitter towards Serena :lol::rolleyes: Do whats right for you Serena, look after that knee, if you need to withdraw from the tourney, do it.

griffin
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Are you kidding!! Serena is an EMBARRASSMENT to WTA tour.

Do the rest of us Mauresmo fans a favor - either find another avatar and username, or stop being an ass.

Or both.

griffin
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Poor Serena. I give her credit for trying.

Wayn77
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Sorry for Rena and all her fans ..... downer :(

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM
She looked really worried. I hope she withdraws from the tournament. This is exactly why the tour needs to shorten the season. I'm already thinking of the Aussie Open next year. It would be sad if she had to miss it due to a possible knee surgery. I hope she just needs to rest it.

The Fall Season has never really been good to both Williams Sisters. They are usually tired and withdrawn from the tour itself. I'm proud that they both played more during the Fall, but I wish they would rest their bodies for the next 2 months.

IndyMauresmoFan
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Do the rest of us Mauresmo fans a favor - either find another avatar and username, or stop being an ass.

Or both.

Umm I will do neither...Mauresmo would feel the same way. I am mad as a tennis fan, we are looking forward to the YEC and Serena should not have even tried to play. It is unfair to viewers!! Props to Venus for knowing she wouldnt be able to compete and decides not to play.

Bijoux0021
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Are you kidding!! Serena is an EMBARRASSMENT to WTA tour. She starts losing AGAIN and of course its an injury. BOO HOO. Get fit or dont play! There are plenty of other girls on the tour who would have welcomed the opportunity to play the YEC. She was moving fine - just getting all she could handle from Chakvetadze.
This is round robin..its unfair to the tour, the players, and the fans to show up here knowing you have to play at least 3 matches and not be ready to give it your all. RIDICULOUS!!
:lol:

Serena always puts up a fight. She wouldn't retire if she felt that she could finish the match.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:17 PM
The problem with Serena isn't the length of the season, she hardly plays half of it anyway.

This bloody injury needs to be stopped. Serena use to explode into her shots, literally jump off the court and pounce on her forehands ( i remmeber Pam and Mary Jo analyzing this in Miami 02) and now it's so different because she doesn't trust her legs.

:( Rena. Recover!

griffin
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Umm I will do neither...Mauresmo would feel the same way.

Mauresmo would be an unsympathetic, catty b*tch?

I don't think we cheer for the same Mauresmo.

Mightymirza
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Henin just won the YEC!

she won it even before it started ;)

Bijoux0021
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Umm I will do neither...Mauresmo would feel the same way. I am mad as a tennis fan, we are looking forward to the YEC and Serena should not have even tried to play. It is unfair to viewers!! Props to Venus for knowing she wouldnt be able to compete and decides not to play.
I guess you forget Mauresmo's long history with injuries, huh?

Forehand_Volley
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Justine was already winning this tournament regardless of this development. Justine is simply head and shoulders above the rest of the field right now.
Very true. I never felt that S. Williams presence in Madrid was a threat to the continued Henin domination of the sport at the present time.

That knee of Williams. She took off eight months after it was operated on which was a long time. If it requires surgery again, she will most certainly be forced to retire from the sport. Her knee has plagued her career for years.

Bijoux0021
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:25 PM
She looked really worried. I hope she withdraws from the tournament. This is exactly why the tour needs to shorten the season. I'm already thinking of the Aussie Open next year. It would be sad if she had to miss it due to a possible knee surgery. I hope she just needs to rest it.

The Fall Season has never really been good to both Williams Sisters. They are usually tired and withdrawn from the tour itself. I'm proud that they both played more during the Fall, but I wish they would rest their bodies for the next 2 months.
Serena doesn't play that many tournaments to begin with, so shortening the season wouldn't make a difference. She has always shortened her own season.

MisterMan
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:26 PM
...if serena's knee is gone jh definitely is winning

Yes, because Justin has had so much trouble playing Serena lately :lol:
Justine was jumping for joy when she saw Serena in her group !:bounce:
and this turn of events proves it.

hablo
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:27 PM
She tried to play and was in too much pain. You're the one being ridiculous! :rolleyes:

How the hell would you know?
It's not like Serena is retiring during a match because of a stomach ache...

Olórin
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Yes, because Justin has had so much trouble playing Serena lately :lol:
Justine was jumping for joy when she saw Serena in her group !:bounce:
and this turn of events proves it.

I'd just thank god Justine doesn't have your attitude otherwise her domination would end tomorrow and she'd have 0 slams to her name.

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM
She tried to play and was in too much pain. You're the one being ridiculous! :rolleyes:

How the hell would you know?
It's not like Serena is retiring during a match because of a stomach ache...

Always great to see human hypocrisy at its best. :lol:

Olórin
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Very true. I never felt that S. Williams presence in Madrid was a threat to the continued Henin domination of the sport at the present time.

That knee of Williams. She took off eight months after it was operated on which was a long time. If it requires surgery again, she will most certainly be forced to retire from the sport. Her knee has plagued her career for years.

I don't think so, I've spoken to people who have had knee surgery, who have said that it took as long as 5 years for their knee to feel anything like normal again. 8 months was pretty quick to come back to a competetitive professional sport. By coming back early Serena may have permanently stunted a full recovery, and she could well be getting these painful inflammations in her knee when she's long retired from tennis.

PatrickRyan
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Get better Serena :hug:

chloe-l
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM
She has never recovered from that knee surgery. I think she came back too quickly from it and it will be an issue for the rest of her career. Its truly ashame. Very disappointing.

Agreed. Sad for Serena.

Lulu.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I hope its nothing serious and she'll be fine for next year.

Sinnet
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I think the word "retirement" is becoming more and more appropriate. I'm not saying it out or disliking, but because her body is aging and cannot keep up any more, primarily the knee (obviously).

It would be smart for Serena to retire after this year and not put her body through any more of this.

By the way.. the new smileys (probably not that new but to me they are) are hideous. What happened to their pigment? :p

Radix2
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM
If she said we has never been in so much pain since her surgery, I think it must be bad. Let's hope things improve for her In January. I really want her to defend her Aussie Open title but if she is hurting, she should not play.

serenus_2k8
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I think to persuade anyone to retire in the same year they and their sister each claim a grand slam (and in glorious style) would be near impossible if that someone has Serenas personality!!

I think the best plan is to rest and do her best at AO. You never know - it didnt effect her back then so a month and a halfs rest could change her! She has pushed herself too hard lately!

j-fan
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Hope the injury is not too serious. The game needs competition and at this time none is more compelling than Justine vs Serena, two of the greatest players of their generation.

May there be more matches like those three at the GSs this year.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

friendsita
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Henin just won the YEC!

let me get a beer to celebrate :rolleyes:

Jasmin
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah I don't see how Serena can ever be the same with such an injury and the pressure that she has to put on her knee.

I guess with Venus and Serena being ill or injured I've pretty much focus on the men for now.