PDA

View Full Version : Henins "Allez" screaming on opponents errors is really annoying and disrespectful

Ingokoer
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:43 PM
It gets more and more that she screams "Allez" when Jankovic is making an unforced error. I think that is really unfair, she can scream so often she wants if she makes a great winner, but benefiting from an error of the opponent loudly is not a sign of respect and fairness for me.

Olórin
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:45 PM
No it's fine, I mean Justine is too polite to do that, for sure.

Serena on the other hand and her "cmons" I mean, what a bitch! :rolleyes:

DragonFlame
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:49 PM
She's only screaming allez when she's doing something well, making a winner, winning an important point or when she defends really well and forces the error from an opponent.

The only one who is annoying here is you.

sonnys
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I would guess that it would make the opponent want to beat her even more...:devil:

pooh14
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM
she is not screaming because of her opponent mistake, she is screaming because she won an important point :)

Dunlop1
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:51 PM
I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about over someone screaming 'allez'. If you want to shut an 'allez' down, do it with your tennis racquet. In other words, win the damn match. If you don't then don't be stupid enough to blame it on an 'allez'. I mean how is it hurting the opponent?

It's not like a grunt, where you are deterred from hearing the sound of the ball on the strings, which can actually affect your preparation. It happens after the point is over. It is allowed and if it psyches out your opponent, you should do it more. Tennis is about skill, but at the highest levels, it gets more mental and if saying 'come on' gives you a mental edge, you better do it.
This is the big leagues.

ALLEZ JUSTINE!!!!!!!!

Mercury Rising
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM
thread nr 895647556213366554... about this... sigh

When the other makes an error you always benefit :rolleyes: she does it only to encourage herself. She does not do it "in your face" style. But whatever...

pancake
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM
It's more annoying to see similiar threads appeared like a million time.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mercury Rising
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about over someone screaming 'allez'. If you want to shut an 'allez' down, do it with your tennis racquet. In other words, win the damn match. If you don't then don't be stupid enough to blame it on an 'allez'. I mean how is it hurting the opponent?

It's not like a grunt, where you are deterred from hearing the sound of the ball on the strings, which can actually affect your preparation. It happens after the point is over. It is allowed and if it psyches out your opponent, you should do it more. Tennis is about skill, but at the highest levels, it gets more mental and if saying 'come on' gives you a mental edge, you better do it.
This is the big leagues.

ALLEZ JUSTINE!!!!!!!!
:worship: so true

shrOOf
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:57 PM
how many threads about that? :rolleyes:

Lulu.
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:58 PM
This match is boring. They should of put Serena on first, I'm gonna miss her match. :fiery:

Princeza
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:59 PM
So sexy :drool:

alfonsojose
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Allez, Jujub*tch :devil:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I don't mind hearing it summore... ALLEZ!!! :)

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:05 PM
umm to the people who say she only does it on important points need to get a fucking clue... cuz i watched the Chakvetadze match yesterday and she said it on like 10 straight points that she won... and that was like in the middle of the second set.. and the match wasnt tense at all ... she is fucking annoying as hell... if i were her opponent.. iwould scream it soo loud if i won a point against her... and im not french

mb011
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM
This thread is just fine, and it is not fair of justine to do this! today she did it on a couple of balls that were going out, and she screamed "allez" even before the ball touched the ground.

she was better today, jelena played badly, but still i've noticed this justine's habit a long time ago. just plain disrispectfull of her oponent. jelena should have used her "ajde, bre" more often oj justine, maybe it would have helped her :)

Dexter
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:10 PM
umm to the people who say she only does it on important points need to get a fucking clue... cuz i watched the Chakvetadze match yesterday and she said it on like 10 straight points that she won... and that was like in the middle of the second set.. and the match wasnt tense at all ... she is fucking annoying as hell... if i were her opponent.. iwould scream it soo loud if i won a point against her... and im not frenchWhat is that supposed to mean? :rolleyes: I bet you don't even know a single person from France.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:11 PM
i meant i dont speak french.. but i would say it anyway cuz that shit is annoying

John.
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:12 PM
This topic is so old - Yes it's annoying, but she ain't going to stop. Just ignore it

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Important point to get the score 0-15? Yeah right :spit: It's just disrespectful. I have nothing against her doing it after winners. But when she does that after her opponent's UE that goes 5m out it's simply disrespectful.

Mightymirza
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:13 PM
allezzzz juju :rocker2:

moby
I think her winning her matches in straight sets is even more annoying and disrespectful. Die, bitch, die! :fiery:

Giovanna
Yesterday make-up on court and now these screaming...she wants to be the next Sharapova

Jakub
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:15 PM
old topic .. but the player is still so annoying with those allez on erros

miss molly
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:17 PM
ALLEZ!!!:lol:

Jakub
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:17 PM
She's only screaming allez when she's doing something well, making a winner, winning an important point or when she defends really well and forces the error from an opponent.

:o :rolls:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:18 PM
When you fave is being hated upon for even the tiniest, little things... you know that they're jealous about her for winning and dominating all the time ;)

Allezzzzz Justine!!!

Tennisstar86
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:18 PM
yeah...its part of the reason i dont like Her or... Serena for that matter... some of their antics "competitiveness" is just too much for me.... allez on errors... Comeon on errors (double faults....) calling your sister a B*tch for hitting a good point.... these antics are just bad in my book...

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:20 PM
When you fave is being hated upon for even the tiniest, little things... you know that they're jealous about her for winning and dominating all the time ;)

Allezzzzz Justine!!!

Always that stupid jealousy argument... Please come up with something else. It is simply disrespectful. Just imagine how you would feel if the person you were playing would scream come on after your every UE. Would you be happy? I guess not.

TLP
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I think her winning her matches in straight sets is even more annoying and disrespectful. Die, bitch, die! :fiery:

Absolutely!! Justine is simply a naughty girl. She makes the other girls cry and her angled cross-court backhand was most annoying today. She is becoming the uber bitch of the WTA and deserves to have her eyeliner confiscated and then she needs to be put in a long time out.

loppy
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:21 PM

You are so right, moby! Her "allez" will not be an issue if she keeps losing :lol:

shap_half
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Always that stupid jealousy argument... Please come up with something else. It is simply disrespectful. Just imagine how you would feel if the person you were playing would scream come on after your every UE. Would you be happy? I guess not.

Dude. I would try to shut the bitch up by playing as well as I can so she won't have anything to cheer about. Unfortunately, ain't no one doing that.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:39 PM
By the way, if you can't stand her Allez... you can choose either one of the following...

a) Don't watch her match at all.
b) Watch her match with the "Mute" button on.
c) Just watch the match and STFU!!!

Your choice. Plain and simple.

Olórin
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Actually, for all the people going on about "jealousy" and shutting her up by beating her:
she's always "allez"-ed and I've always found it annoying. But she's been doing it for so long I can just tune it out now :lol:

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:51 PM
SOUR GRAPES/TROLL THREAD!!! Players who say c'mon, vamos, ajde, allez include Ivanovic like 100 times yesterday, Sharapova over and over, Serena on double faults from her opponents, Hantuchova, Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Roddick, Chakvetadze, Hewitt, Mauresmo, Dementieva, etc. GET OVER IT!!!

Effy
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
ALLEzzzzzzzzzzzzz get over it ppl, time to stop all these :bs: threads.

Lady
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:17 PM
This thread is just fine, and it is not fair of justine to do this! today she did it on a couple of balls that were going out, and she screamed "allez" even before the ball touched the ground.

she was better today, jelena played badly, but still i've noticed this justine's habit a long time ago. just plain disrispectfull of her oponent. jelena should have used her "ajde, bre" more often oj justine, maybe it would have helped her :)

Yeah, and remember Ana's match vs Patty in Berlin? I was there live, cheering for Ana and guess what she did. She screamed "ajde" after her forehand, but not only Patty returned her shot, Patty even won that freaking point a couple of shots later.
Yet I doubt that particular episode made much of impression on who you're cheering for.

dylan24
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:20 PM
i have no problem w/ what henin does
i have more of a problem w/ what screamapova does

Forehand_Volley
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:27 PM

This is the big leagues.

ALLEZ JUSTINE!!!!!!!!
Well said.

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM

:eek: :spit: :haha:
Thanks god she doesn't scream 'allez' after her opponents double faults.
Though maybe someday she begins to do it as well :tape:

Sorry, but it's really not a classy act for world No.1 player.

Just Do It
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:37 PM
It gets more and more that she screams "Allez" when Jankovic is making an unforced error. I think that is really unfair, she can scream so often she wants if she makes a great winner, but benefiting from an error of the opponent loudly is not a sign of respect and fairness for me.

:worship:

Lady
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:38 PM

But it's Ok for a former #1 then?

Rosslyn
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:39 PM
what a thread :music:

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM
But it's Ok for a former #1 then?

Serena never screams 'c'mon' after her opponent's silly UE when she's leading like 4-1 15-0.
It's Ok to scream allez/c'mon after you hit winner, after long rally, saving BP etc. but there is no need to scream it when you're dominating the opponent who can't string two shots together.

thrust
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:46 PM

The only one who is annoying here is you.

TRUE!!

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Serena never screams 'c'mon' after her opponent's silly UE when she's leading like 4-1 15-0.
It's Ok to scream allez/c'mon after you hit winner, after long rally, saving BP etc. but there is no need to scream it when you're dominating the opponent who can't string two shots together.

:tape: :lol: :haha:

Serena screamed come on after Henin doublefaulted at RG. I am yet to see Henin do that. She also regularly does it, even after lame mistakes and during a whole tie break for example against the mighty Milagros Sequera:o

Get your facts right before spewing your biased rot.

Rosslyn

please, she can scream whatever and whenever she wants. there is nothing in the rules against screaming allez !

Wayn77
Not annoying in the slightest.

Justine wouldn't be Justine without her "Allez" :)

What is annoying is Henin bloody winning all the time!!! :lol:

Vlad Tepes
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:49 PM
So sexy :drool:

I don't mind hearing it summore... ALLEZ!!! :)

Oh yeah, it makes me want to scream with her! :lol: :lol:

Lady
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:50 PM

Ok, just wanted to know "the rules" when Justine is allowed to scream "allez".
Serena actually screams "C'mon" after double faults, and from your post I thought that you consider it the worst thing, admitting Justine doesn't do it "yet".
Now I understand that the rules apply to Justine only.

And yeah, sometimes I found Justine's Allez being unnecessary, but when she's playing as bad as she did in the 1st set today, I understand why she was trying to cheer herself up. :)

lightningquick
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Honestly y r u surprised? What is a justine victory without the usual whine frm hateful posters? I mean they cnt pick on her game so lets pick on her clothes her makeup her hair. Her panties.b4 ull know it theyll be cmplaining about the color of her contacts lol

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:56 PM

Serena screamed come on after Henin doublefaulted at RG. I am yet to see Henin do that. She also regularly does it, even after lame mistakes and during a whole tie break for example against the mighty Milagros Sequera:o

Was Serena crushing Henin at Roland Garros? No, she was LOSING.
Was Serena crushing Sequera? No, they were playing TIE-BREAK.

Justine screams 'allez' after her opponents unforced errors even when she is WINNING. It's low from my point of view.

And that's the difference.

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:00 PM

Justine screams 'allez' after her opponents unforced errors even when she is WINNING. It's low from my point of view.

HAHA. That really takes the biscuit in idiocy.

So your ethic principles don't exist when you are losing, but your ethic principles exist when you are winning. And for the record, she was winning the tie break, so what are you going to say now.

bie
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Serena just screamed 'comon' when Ana's ball went out tonight.
Already forgotten, I suppose.

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Serena just screamed 'comon' when Ana's ball went out tonight.
Already forgotten, I suppose.

But she was losing, therefore she was allowed to do it. :lol:

natacha1
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Alleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thrust
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:05 PM
The problem is, Justine hits more shots to shout ALLEZ about than the others. I will never forget her scream after that incredible drop dink volley against Venus at the USO! The scream was more than justified-lol!!

Mercury Rising
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM

Wow now you're making excuses. You're showin your hatred.

A tennis match is won or lost after the last point is played, certainly justine knows this, she won't think "yay i'm winning"...

frenchie
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM
lol

as if it was the first time!!!

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:10 PM
HAHA. That really takes the biscuit in idiocy.

So your ethic principles don't exist when you are losing, but your ethic principles exist when you are winning. And for the record, she was winning the tie break, so what are you going to say now.

I said nothing about ethic principles. I'm only talking about excessive celebrations of your opponent's misfortune.
Anyway, this thread is about Henin. She and ethic principles have nothing in common which is quite sad since she is the world's best player.

athake
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Some posters here see no wrong in grunting during points but have a problem with allez after points, and talking loudly about ethics :)

This's called "reaching idiotic level in paradox" in rationalist soils..

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:31 PM
I said nothing about ethic principles. I'm only talking about excessive celebrations of your opponent's misfortune.
Anyway, this thread is about Henin. She and ethic principles have nothing in common which is quite sad since she is the world's best player.

Ok then to rephrase it: it is classy and acceptable to scream come on after your opponent hits a double fault because you are losing, but it is totally low to do it after your opponent's error when you are winning :tape:

Sorry, but that's just too much. :lol:

As far as the ethic principles of Henin are concerned, I am not sure you are the most appropriate person to judge.

Aaron.
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:32 PM
:yawn:

Of course most of the people here are gonna kiss Justine's ass since she's had a sucessful year

Nice sucking up :wavey:

Beny
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:46 PM
she´s not doing it to annoy wtaworld.com posters. she REALLY cares about her matches,wins,tennis. she is focused on every point and... no need to explain that. i think everyone should understand why she does it..

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Ok then to rephrase it: it is classy and acceptable to scream come on after your opponent hits a double fault because you are losing, but it is totally low to do it after your opponent's error when you are winning :tape:

Sorry, but that's just too much. :lol:

As far as the ethic principles of Henin are concerned, I am not sure you are the most appropriate person to judge.

Notice: I did not say that. Personally I don't like all those screams and grunts on court BUT it's UNDERSTANDABLE (not sure if it's proper word in English) when player does it while trying to get oneself back into the match or while being in tight situation.

As for the second part, I've watched/listened enough of/to Henin and her interviews to form my opinion about her 'ethic principles'. It's just my opinion though.

LoveFifteen
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Before I started playing tennis, I used to get my titties in a twist over "cheering unforced errors", but this is really a tempest in a teapot. When you play tennis, you are fighting to win. Also, you can try to force errors depending on how you hit the ball. This really isn't disrespectful.

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Notice: I did not say that. Personally I don't like all those screams and grunts on court BUT it's UNDERSTANDABLE (not sure if it's proper word in English) when player does it while trying to get oneself back into the match or while being in tight situation.

As for the second part, I've watched/listened enough of/to Henin and her interviews to form my opinion about her 'ethic principles'. It's just my opinion though.

I personally find cheering on double faults or screaming come on after them downright embarrassing. And you implied the same thing in one of your posts. It is not understandable at any point, it is truly horrible.

You are entitled to have your opinion and I agree with you that it is hardly classy to scream when your opponent makes an error (at any point of a match), but what I don't understand is why the use of the double standard?:confused:

bie
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
How disrespectfull of Ana to yell 'comon' when Daniela wacked the ball in the net.
It happened just minutes ago.

I don't think so because most of the girls do it in the heat of the battle. ;)

Floydrose
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:27 PM
:yawn:

Of course most of the people here are gonna kiss Justine's ass since she's had a sucessful year

Nice sucking up :wavey:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Tennisstar86
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:29 PM

ya'll are both wrong.... I have seen both Serena and Henin Allez and Come on when they didnt need to... I love how fans also seem to forget their favs. transgretions....

Its all part of their mental games that they play. you can like it or not. I for one cant stand either one of them when they do it.

Forehand_Volley
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Some posters here see no wrong in grunting during points but have a problem with allez after points, and talking loudly about ethics :)

This's called "reaching idiotic level in paradox" in rationalist soils..
When did that ever stop them?

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:50 PM
ya'll are both wrong.... I have seen both Serena and Henin Allez and Come on when they didnt need to... I love how fans also seem to forget their favs. transgretions....

Its all part of their mental games that they play. you can like it or not. I for one cant stand either one of them when they do it.

Show me where I said that it was OK. You are obviously right, but what I can't stand is the hypocrisy of it all.

AcesHigh
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Is anyone surprised? She does this all the time and after "The Hand" incident and the retirement in the AO final, along with other occassions in the past, it's not hard to see that HEnin often shows a lack of class and respect. All the PR moves and nice quotes she's made have done wonders this year, but on the court, she does whatever she can to win.

Btw, her fans will defend her no matter what so I expected the typical posts about double standards and jealousy.

It's not a huge deal, but it's still disrespectful and unsportsmanliike for the world #1 and 7-time slam champion. You won't find the same behavior much from Hingis, Serena, davenport, Sharapova, Venus or other slam winners.

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:57 PM
You won't find the same behavior much from Hingis, Serena, davenport, Sharapova, Venus or other slam winners.

Here we go again.

Aceshigh, if I were you I would have stopped talking about Justine after those embarrassing predictions during the summer that showed your bias big time :tape:

Forehand_Volley
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Is anyone surprised? She does this all the time and after "The Hand" incident and the retirement in the AO final, along with other occassions in the past, it's not hard to see that HEnin often shows a lack of class and respect. All the PR moves and nice quotes she's made have done wonders this year, but on the court, she does whatever she can to win.

Btw, her fans will defend her no matter what so I expected the typical posts about double standards and jealousy.

It's not a huge deal, but it's still disrespectful and unsportsmanliike for the world #1 and 7-time slam champion. You won't find the same behavior much from Hingis, Serena, davenport, Sharapova, Venus or other slam winners.
Speaking of double standards, its Serena Williams demonstrative court behaviors during and after she wins points (whether by outright winners or errors by her opponents) is no different than Henin's, except you can barely hear Henin's "allez" vs Serena's screaming which you can hear throughout a stadium.

Its no different. If you criticize Henin, you must at least be fair and criticize Serena for doing the exact same thing except Serena is much louder and more boisterous.

While you are at it, let's talk about Venus and Sharapova's grunting.

And speaking of jealously. Well, we all know who is the best player in the WTA and who isn't. Enough said.

Juju4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:00 PM
LOL! That's pathetic, even from haters(who are pathetic anyway). But hey, you should complain about the fact she's hitting tennis balls. That's disrespectful, and annoying. :lol:

Serena-rules-no1
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:03 PM
like Henin ever knew what sportsmanship is :rolleyes:

switz
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:05 PM
i think we got the point long ago where it's clear some people find it unbelievably annoying (myself included) while others don't (generally her fans).

i'm over it now as i'm sure most people are.

AcesHigh
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Here we go again.

Aceshigh, if I were you I would have stopped talking about Justine after those embarrassing predictions during the summer that showed your bias big time :tape:

Embarrassing? I said I didn't think HEnin would defeat an in-form Venus/Serena/Sharapova and she proved me wrong and played the best i've seen her play at USO. Nothing embarassing about that.

bie
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Just tonight Serena yelled a 'comon' while Anna returned the ball out. She doesn't behave like this, does she? :rolleyes: :)
Clearly you didn't see the 'match' or you overlooked it. :tape:

Floydrose
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:09 PM
like Henin ever knew what sportsmanship is :rolleyes:

OK

athake
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:13 PM
:))
then its time to remind Serena's Pironkova match at RG
-its raining, dont u see it, its raining ( means u cant allow her serve it out with the momentum she has)

it's raining men hallelujah...

Rosslyn
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:18 PM
TV on demand is the future. You can choose who's playing, who's winning, choose the dress for the player, also you can control what thye're saying during the match and after. Allow coaching or not, allow raising hands, bathroom breaks or not. You can subscribe for just $19.95

supergrunt
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Well I really can't comment on this considering Serenna. :tape:

shibster
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:23 PM
it is so annoying and disrespectful. so can you guys please tell larry that it should be penalised against? make a rule about, make a law about it.

oh, i feel kinda bad that you guys are upset that justine is winning......i hope somebody can give justine a call or a text to tell her winning draws a lot of hate :S.....she'd be a lot less annoying and respectful once she starts losing every match, and then she can scream allez at anything and everything, cos that's allowed now that she's losing.

bie
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Last Wimbledon...

Hantuchova 2-4 S. Williams: In between games, Williams asked to go to the bathroom. The umpire said she must wait until after Hantuchova's service game. Another trip down memory lane -- Williams pleading to leave the court against Jennifer Capriati.

But then Williams battles to 30-30. After a brief interlude to allow a pigeon to cross the court, Hantuchova's first serve misses badly. But the Slovakian -- proving her own mental resilience here today -- patiently moves the ball around after her second serve and gets to 40-30.

The next second serve didn't go as well, with Williams ripping the return. Hantuchova hits long, and it's deuce. Hantuchova hits in the net in the next rally, and Williams has an improbable break point.

Williams converts as Hantuchova again plunges a shot into the net. And suddenly, Serena doesn't have to use the facilities, even after the umpire reminds her that she just asked to go.

Sportsmanship???

shibster
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:39 PM
And suddenly, Serena doesn't have to use the facilities, even after the umpire reminds her that she just asked to go.

Sportsmanship???

you are wrong, that is allowed and completely sportsmanship like, because by then she doesn't need the bathroom anymore. you are not serena, how would you know if she needs the bathroom or not?

how dare you accuse her of "gaming the system" in hope to break hantuchova's momentum.

if she can retire today and play tomorrow, why can't she ask for a bathroom break but discover she actually doesn't need to the next 10 mins?

it's all perfectly logical.

starin
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Embarrassing? I said I didn't think HEnin would defeat an in-form Venus/Serena/Sharapova and she proved me wrong and played the best i've seen her play at USO. Nothing embarassing about that.

and she didn't beat an in-form Serena or an in-form Venus. Although I will say Venus played well. She didn't give the match away to Henin through massive UE like she almost did against Jankovic. Serena thought played like shite.

anyhoo that's not the focus of this thread. Henin saying Allez is perfectly fair and honestly I never even notice. And you can't criticize her w/out criticizing every other player on tour. Even players like Ivanovic says adje or come on on her oppoonents errors. It's like grunting, if no player complains about it, then why should any of us.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Last time I check the WTA Rulebook, shouting "Allez!" during a match isn't illegal. So does "Come On!", "Vamos!" and "Adje!"

If you haters want to ban it, write a petition to Larry. Don't put some crap in here saying "It's annoying / unsportsmanship / etc." Talk is for wimps.

And if the petition fails, there's always the "Mute" or "Volume Button". Use it. It's not there for decoration purposes.

Tamus
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:53 PM
How could it possibly be unfair. I'll give you annoying and disrespectful even though I don't think it is, but it is in no way unfair.

bie
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:54 PM
She wanted to go to the bathroom before Daniella'service game and was refused to do so.
When it was her time to serve suddenly the urge is gone and she takes a drink instead ... WOW, amazing.

vejh
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:57 PM
The grunting b/w points is way more annoying from men and women; more than annoying, it is distracting. The 'Allez' and 'come-ons' become annoying when the person is winning against your desires. :)

Andy.
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:18 PM
No its not!!!!!!! its all part of the mind games and psychological warfar out there.

supergrunt
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:33 PM
It is not disrespectful but it is annoying.

vettipooh
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I think Jankovic was more annoyed at it than we are...that says something.

AcesHigh
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:03 AM
I think it's funny how all these fans are so defensive. It's not unfair, it's not against the rules.. that is OBVIOUS.

However it IS disrespectful and unsportsmanlike to keep saying "Allez" after your opponents erros in a noncompetitive match. Serena is brought up, but if you look at Serena's record, it is clean in terms of respect shown and the timing of her "C'mons". I have no problem saying it to yourself to pump yourself up even on double faults in a CLOSE match. HOwever, when you win 6-2, 6-2, I think that's going overboard. And this isn't the first time.

AcesHigh
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Speaking of double standards, its Serena Williams demonstrative court behaviors during and after she wins points (whether by outright winners or errors by her opponents) is no different than Henin's, except you can barely hear Henin's "allez" vs Serena's screaming which you can hear throughout a stadium.

Its no different. If you criticize Henin, you must at least be fair and criticize Serena for doing the exact same thing except Serena is much louder and more boisterous.

While you are at it, let's talk about Venus and Sharapova's grunting.

And speaking of jealously. Well, we all know who is the best player in the WTA and who isn't. Enough said.

OMG, grunting and screaming have nothing in common with this subject. Grunting is something some players do naturally and it's been discussed over and over. Screaming c'mon or Allez! in a blowout during your opponent's errors is clearly disrespectful. And if Serena does that, and if you can point it out.. than that is also disrespectful. Unlike many fans here, some of us are willing to criticize our faves.

Junex
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:10 AM

I would want to beat that person badly and show her that i am a better player despite of her "allez"....

sadly no one in the WTA has done that so far, so....:devil:
Honestly, we can whine all we want about any player in the WTA, everyone has their flaws, some even are worst than justine. A lot in the lower tiers of players are more noisy, more dishonest and are crazier in ther antics!!!!

But who cares, we only post threads about these when someone is dominating!

Apoleb
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:27 AM
It's not exactly nice, but competition isn't about being nice. That's what separates the ultra-competitive champions from the rest. They will use every legal opportunity they can to win (taking time between points when they feel they need to slow things down, making looks to other players, screaming allez on unforced errors..). It's only part of match play and a champion should be able to deal with those.

Having said that, I know from my myself that sometimes you shout come on an unforced error without really thinking about annoying the other player. When you're into the match you would encourage yourself however you win the point.

esquímaux
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:27 AM
AH-LAY ZOOSH-TEEN :p

Donny
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:31 AM
I see nothing wrong with it. I do FAR worse when I'm playing basketball or video games with my friends and am beating them soundly.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:36 AM
I see nothing wrong with it. I do FAR worse when I'm playing basketball or video games with my friends and am beating them soundly.

Finally, someone who makes sense... :hug:

AcesHigh
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:41 AM

You aren't a professional at either. Imagine Michael JOrdan hitting a three or a slam and then screaming "c'mon" during a blowout.. not going to happen. It's just about class and sportsmanship.

Junex
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:50 AM

:tape: :death:

that speaks a lot about you...
just stick to statistics will you...

esquímaux
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Serena?

Helaena
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:15 AM
when you do not like someone, you always see the DOT in a piece of white paper.....

:p

historystupid
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:38 AM
she is not screaming because of her opponent mistake, she is screaming because she won an important point :)

Exactly. That's what everybody does, especially when you're facing a player who always keeps you in trouble. Serena did it when Sharapova wasted three match points and overhit a forehand on break point in AO semis. Venus did it when Hingis overhit a smash in US OPEN semis. Ivanovic did when Jankovic made a error on match point in LA this year.

plantman
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:56 AM

Allezzzzz Justine!!!

:bigclap: :bigclap:

Ejective Stop
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:44 AM
First off, I'm a big fan of Henin, not so much of the "unforced error Allez". It doesn't make me like her any less, but it does make me roll my eyes sometimes. Sometimes the people you admire have annoying qualities; it's best not to expect perfection or put your favorite players on a pedestal.

That said, even if the match is a blowout, there's a big difference between shouting "Allez", "Come on" or whatever when you're blowing away some qualifier who is no threat and doing so when you're blowing away someone who's given you many tough matches in the past. Given the number of times Jelena has pushed Justine, I'd say she's well within her rights to encourage herself to stay ahead.

pancake
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:07 AM
You aren't a professional at either. Imagine Michael JOrdan hitting a three or a slam and then screaming "c'mon" during a blowout.. not going to happen. It's just about class and sportsmanship.

And you're really annoying too:tape:.

donniedarko
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:41 AM
yeah,i'm not so much into Wta,but Henin is the most annoying ever.She's deisrespectufll and soooo bad sport.She's the nr 1 so she should know how to behave,obvioustly,she doesn't.

Reese_x
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:36 AM
How disrespectfull of Ana to yell 'comon' when Daniela wacked the ball in the net.
It happened just minutes ago.

I don't think so because most of the girls do it in the heat of the battle. ;)

that was different though, that was match point. This is a huge tournament, i wouldn't expect a player to go about quietly when they have just beaten world number 9. But yes, many players do it in the heat of the battle.

Personally i don't think its right to shout anything out after someone has made an error unless its match point of a grand slam final. But that being said in comparison, Justine says it mostly when she hits a winner as well as many other players so we shouldnt really be critisizing too hard. I know its annoying though, but theres nothing much we can really do about it. Like someone else said, when i watch Sharapova, im so used to it now I don't even notice the shrieks anymore :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:09 PM
That said, even if the match is a blowout, there's a big difference between shouting "Allez", "Come on" or whatever when you're blowing away some qualifier who is no threat and doing so when you're blowing away someone who's given you many tough matches in the past. Given the number of times Jelena has pushed Justine, I'd say she's well within her rights to encourage herself to stay ahead.

But Justine does it in EVERY match. Regardless of her opponent's level or current score - she always does it.
Against Jankovic her 'allez' just exceeded all the limits.

MistyGrey
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:20 PM
ALLEZ!!!
:lol:

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Allez :)

athake
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:24 PM
ALLLEEEEZZZ:kiss:

MistyGrey
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Seriously though, I too dont like her 'Allez' after an unforced error...
I do love it when it comes after she hits a great winner !

lightningquick
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:48 PM
i wonder, why are posters making a big deal of this? LOL. Why are they complaining? Did you hear any wta player complaining or being interviewed that it got into their nerves???? if they are not complaining, why should posters whine when they're not even playing in the games?

oh, btw, ALLEZZZZZZ

Wayn77
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Vamooooooooooooosssssss!!!!!!! :kiss:

thrust
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:56 PM
you are wrong, that is allowed and completely sportsmanship like, because by then she doesn't need the bathroom anymore. you are not serena, how would you know if she needs the bathroom or not?

how dare you accuse her of "gaming the system" in hope to break hantuchova's momentum.

if she can retire today and play tomorrow, why can't she ask for a bathroom break but discover she actually doesn't need to the next 10 mins?

it's all perfectly logical.

LOL!! I am rather glad Justine^s haters have so much reason to hate these days!

Martian KC
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Justine doesn't give a fuck. Allez!

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:05 PM
i wonder, why are posters making a big deal of this? LOL. Why are they complaining? Did you hear any wta player complaining or being interviewed that it got into their nerves????

Most of them are too classy to do it.

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Justine doesn't give a fuck.

I would've understood had Pierre Yves said this. But who the hell are you to claim it? :confused:

Nicolás89
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:09 PM
you made this thread at least 5 years later.

lightningquick
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Most of them are too classy to do it.

or maybe they were not bothered by it, it's just you speculating LOL.

Jenny.C.Fan
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
it is annoying, and disrepectful to the opponent, i think its more annoying that she does it at ridiculous time in the match, like 2-2 15-0, seemingly pointless.

AlexBarrington
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:16 PM
she is the best so she doesnt need... annoying!!!

Groenefelder25
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:27 PM
LOL i remember one time, her and jankovic played a point and henin hit the net, it bounced over, so jankovic hit the shot and went into the net.

henin opologised......... NOT!!!

one big whoopa of an "ALLEZ!!!!"

supergrunt
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM
OMG, grunting and screaming have nothing in common with this subject. Grunting is something some players do naturally and it's been discussed over and over. Screaming c'mon or Allez! in a blowout during your opponent's errors is clearly disrespectful. And if Serena does that, and if you can point it out.. than that is also disrespectful. Unlike many fans here, some of us are willing to criticize our faves.

When Serena does it after and error it is an important point :) . Usually when she plays good defense.

Shepster
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:47 PM
umm to the people who say she only does it on important points need to get a fucking clue... cuz i watched the Chakvetadze match yesterday and she said it on like 10 straight points that she won...
Yep, she does it on 30-15s when her opponent nets, first points of the game, basically every situation imaginable. Allez-ing on non important points when your opponent nets or hits long even with no pressure from Henin on the shot (which Justine does *all* the time and has done numerous times in both her matches this week) is just low class and disrespectful. If it were only on break points or closing out games or in tiebreaks then it would be understandable as purely a release for succeeding in the pressure situation but she does it *so* frequently on non-important points where she doesn't even hit the winner it's truly pathetic. It got to the point yesterday that for prolonged periods there wasn't a UE from JJ she *wasn't* allez-ing on. :tape:

bie
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:08 PM
You'll find it annoying when it isn't your favourite.
Every girl has her own way to deal with the pressure and 'Allez' is Justine's, whether you like it or not.
It's part of Justine's game just as is the grunting and screaming from some other players.
Personaly I like it because it shows her commitment.
The 'comons', 'vamos', the screaming, grunting, long pauses between two services, tying shoelaces when the opponent is at serve, trowing a racket... well it doesn't bother me either, its part of the game as it is played today.