PDA

View Full Version : Todays school shooting brought to you by : Tuusula, Finland

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Total count still unclear.
Confirmed one. One critical. My guess about 12 and same amount of wounded.

Looks to be on mainpage of ie. CNN and BBC so not linking as situation is still blurry.
Slightly nutty dude. Wonder where he got the idea...

He posted this just hours before shootings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FErcNl3Tjh0)
His page tells what his motives (http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgeist89) were.

:fiery:

Just Do It
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSuoQSsY1D8

He posted this and no one reacted :fiery:

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Yeah :fiery: Tho it was posted yesterday, so not too much time to react. Even if someone found it.

Shooter is dead. No surprise there. Siege lasted for couple hours. Hope total casualties falls under 10 :sad:
They have changed one to multible now... as expected.

... and now they changed it to over 5... :fiery:

mandy7
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-qdMa8lZA
fuckin hell

Frode
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Total count still unclear.
Confirmed one. One critical. My guess about 12 and same amount of wounded.

Looks to be on mainpage of ie. CNN and BBC so not linking as situation is still blurry.
Slightly nutty dude. Wonder where he got the idea...

He posted this just hours before shootings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FErcNl3Tjh0)
His page tells what his motives (http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgeist89) were.

:fiery:

That might be the understatement of the year so far.

hablo
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Name: Pekka-Eric Auvinen
Male from Finland.

I am a cynical existentialist, antihuman humanist, antisocial socialdarwinist, realistic idealist and godlike atheist.

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM! JUSTITIA SUUM CUIQUE DISTRIBUIT! SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

I am prepared to fight and die for my cause. I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit, disgraces of human race and failures of natural selection.

You might ask yourselves, why did I do this and what do I want. Well, most of you are too arrogant and closed-minded to understand... You will proprably say me that I am"insane", "crazy", "psychopath", "criminal" or crap like that. No, the truth is that I am just an animl, a human, an individual, a dissident.

I have had enough. I don't want to be part of this fucked up society. Like some other wise people have said in the past, human race is not worth fighting for or saving... only worth killing. But... When my enemies will run and hide in fear when mentioning my name... When the gangsters of the corrupted governments have been shot in the streets... When the rule of idioracy and the democratic system has been replaced with justice... When intelligent people are finally free and rule the society instead of the idiocratic rule of majority... In that great day of deliverance, you will know what I want.

Long live the revolution... revolution against the system, which enslaves not only the majority of weak-minded masses but also the small minority of strong-minded and intelligent individuals! If we want to live in a different world, we must act. We must rise against the enslaving, corrupted and totalitarian regimes and overthrow the tyrants, gangsters and the rule of idiocracy. I can't alone change much but hopefully my actions will inspire all the intelligent people of the world and start some sort of revolution against the current systems. :rolleyes: The system discriminating naturality and justice, is my enemy. The people living in the world of delusion and supporting this system are my enemies.

I am ready to die for a cause I know is right, just and true... even if I would lose or the battle would be only remembered as evil... I will rather fight and die than live a long and unhappy life.

And remember that this is my war, my ideas and my plans. Don't blame anyone else for my actions than myself. Don't blame my parents or my friends. I told nobody about my plans and I always kept them inside my mind only. Don't blame the movies I see, the music I hear, the games I play or the books I read. No, they had nothing to do with this. This is my war: one man war against humanity, governments and weak-minded masses of the world! No mercy for the scum of the earth! HUMANITY IS OVERRATED! It's time to put NATURAL SELECTION & SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST back on tracks!

Justice renders to everyone his due.

His poor parents. They're probably wondering. What went wrong?

Anyhow, I've reread his beliefs twice and I'm still don't quite get how he gets to be the natural selector. What gives him that right? What does he mean when he says "The system discriminating naturality and justice."?
And where did he get this "human race is not worth fighting for or saving... only worth killing." ????

mc8114
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:13 PM
cant belive it!
what's going on with thw world? :sad:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:22 PM
cant belive it!
what's going on with thw world? :sad:

Well the reality is, you have to be obcessed about something, if you're going to live in Finland as the weather gets colder and colder and the days get darker and darker.
Instead of being obcessed with cooking bland foods, this kid got obcessed with "natural selection".

Infiniti2001
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:30 PM

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

Oh well!! It seems like other countries are no longer immune from teens picking up guns these days :shrug:

Ilikebigboobies
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:32 PM
What were the videos anyway?

mandy7
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:34 PM
What were the videos anyway?
gun practise etc.

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:10 PM
reuters

"At this moment its seven (deaths) or more, higher," Dr Eero Hirvensalo, the head of the medical response team, told Reuters.

One of those shot was the school principal. "He (the gunman) was moving systematically through the school hallways, knocking on the doors and shooting through the doors," Kim Kiuru, a teacher at the school, said at the scene. "It felt unreal, a pupil I have taught myself was running towards me, screaming, a pistol in his hand."

I´m speacless, I really am :sad: :sad: :sad:
I mean these things used to be news from other countries.
Wanker got his name in historybooks, worst peacetime massacre in Finnish history :fiery:

hablo
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:25 PM
At least 7 dead in Finnish school shooting

MATTI HUUHTANEN

Reuters

November 7, 2007 at 9:44 AM EST

HELSINKI — An 18-year-old man opened fire at a high school in southern Finland on Wednesday, killing at least seven people, officials said. "It's at least seven dead," medical response leader Eero Hirvensalo said. One person was "severely injured" while 10 people had minor injuries, Mr. Hirvensalo said. The gunman opened fire at the school , hours after a video was posted on YouTube predicting a school massacre.
A teacher at Jokela High School told Reuters the gunman was one of its pupils.
The YouTube video, set to hard-driving music, shows a still photo of a school that appears to be Jokela High School. The photo then fragments to reveal a red-tinted picture of a man pointing a gun at the camera.
Several people were wounded in the shooting, according to early reports. One of those shot was the school principal, said Tuula Panula, spokeswoman for the Tuusula municipality, some 60 km from the Finnish capital Helsinki.
"He (the gunman) was moving systematically through the school hallways, knocking on the doors and shooting through the doors," Kim Kiuru, a teacher at the school, said at the scene.
"It felt unreal, a pupil I have taught myself was running towards me, screaming, a pistol in his hand."
The YouTube video is entitled "Jokela High School Massacre - 11/7/2007" and was posted by a user called Sturmgeist89. "Sturmgeist" means storm spirit in German.
Police surrounded the school and a city official announced shortly before 1400 GMT that the siege was over.
"I cannot confirm the exact number of the dead, but there are definitely more than two," Dr. Eero Hirvensalo, the head of the medical response team, told Reuters. "One person in critical condition was brought to a hospital in Helsinki as well."
Junior Constable Olli Laine said police surrounded the building, which houses both a middle school and high school, and had evacuated students.
Mr. Kiuru, who was teaching a grade 8 class when the shooting started, said he helped his pupils escape the building through the classroom windows.
Despite having the third-largest per capita ratio of handgun ownership in the world, violent incidents are rare at Finnish schools. :eek:
According to Finnish media, there have been four stabbings at schools since 1999. None of these caused fatalities.
The last major attack in the country came in 2002 when a young man killed including himself and six others in a bomb blast at a shopping mall in Helsinki.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20071107.wfinland1107/BNStory/International/home

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:38 PM
His poor parents. They're probably wondering. What went wrong?

By looks of things they are probably proud of him :sad: (naturally just an internet rumour, but I go with it...)
8 confirmed. Scores injured. Now they say shooter is critical but alive... I say why bother.

I try to be original and see things I agree with massmurderer...

I am an antisocial (social)darwinist, realistic idealist and atheist.
No, the truth is that I am just an animal, a human, an individual, a dissident.

If we want to live in a different world, we must act.
I can't alone change much

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Despite having the third-largest per capita ratio of handgun ownership in the world, violent incidents are rare at Finnish schools. :eek:

We have .. what ? Violent incidents (involving handguns) are indeed pretty rare here. Before today about one after WW2.
We did produce best sniper in history of mankind. Simo Häyhä "White Death" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4)
Closely followed by Jari Kurri ;)

hablo
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Closely followed by Jari Kurri
I know you are not bringing hockey into this! :lol:

By looks of things they are probably proud of him :sad: (naturally just an internet rumour, but I go with it...)
Are you serious?
Where are you getting this internet rumour from?

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Police information just ended.

8 dead.
5 boys. 2 girls and principle.

Shooter shoot himself in the head. He is in critical condition. Survival chance - very slim

When first police unit arrived, just short of noon. They were eye-to-eye with killer. Who shoot them once and backed off.
Police naturally took cover. Not knowing how many opponents there were etc.

Last shot was heard 12.04... moment when maniac shot himself.
Not knowing what they are up against. Police moved in room by room. Evacuating students at same time.
Not easies of tasks. By my count it took them two hours to clear the building. (450 ppl or so)
Don´t know if that is good or bad. Anyways. Looks like count might stay short of 10, just.
About 20 wounded, none reported critical. Except shooter himself, whome no-one could care less...

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Are you serious?
Where are you getting this internet rumour from?

I´m sure our press will dig everything out of this. I link best parts, ok :)
Regular family, but after these things they are not so normal anymore.
Rumours suck anyways.

Just Do It
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:48 PM
From his words I understood he wanted to kill " popular kids " , right ?

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:16 PM
From his words I understood he wanted to kill " popular kids " , right ?

No idea what he thought but...his last words
It's time to put NATURAL SELECTION & SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST back on tracks.

To my eyes that is exactly vice-versa.
And he wasn´t that bad looking himself either.

I do hope he doesn´t survive :devil:

Police: Next press briefing in 20 hours time... They sure know how to handle hungry press here :lol:

Sanneriet
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM
No idea what he thought but...his last words
It's time to put NATURAL SELECTION & SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST back on tracks.

To my eyes that is exactly vice-versa.
And he wasn´t that bad looking himself either.

I do hope he doesn´t survive :devil:

Police: Next press briefing in 20 hours time... They sure know how to handle hungry press here :lol:

I hope he does survive to spend many years in prison contemplating his ideas and actions. He will certainly get to try out his theories of survival of the fittest there.

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I hope he does survive to spend many years in prison contemplating his ideas and actions. He will certainly get to try out his theories of survival of the fittest there.

Please. We are backward country. Maximum here for massacre is "life". As quite young offender and first timer you probably serve 6-7 years. At tops.

Gotta love finnish media.Youtube took em out.
They put em back in, well one of them ... . Gun practice (http://www.iltasanomat.fi/videot/?cat=1&id=1452522&ap=1) (click "käynnistä tästä")
100.000 or so views before takedown so why not.
Word is that he shot his victims directly to the head. At that range.

juki
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:38 PM
RIP to the victims :sad:

Sanneriet
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Please. We are backward country. Maximum here for massacre is "life". As quite young offender and first timer you probably serve 6-7 years. At tops.

Gotta love finnish media.Youtube took em out.
They put em back in, well one of them ... . Gun practice (http://www.iltasanomat.fi/videot/?cat=1&id=1452522&ap=1) (click "käynnistä tästä")
100.000 or so views before takedown so why not.

Do you really think that is all he would serve if he survives? Do they have anything like consecutive 'life' sentences? I never thought of Finland as being backward, I can't understand why you would say that.

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Do you really think that is all he would serve if he survives? .

He´ll probably be sent to mental institute for rest of his life.
But in "normal" case. That is what you serve in here. Sad but true :sad:
Can´t think of softer nation in Whole world.. well Sweden maybe.

So much frustration in here that it had to show somewhere.
Years of lefties rule. Not my fault... :fiery:

Hah. Other shitpaper decided to post videos as well.
Not sure how to link this so http://www.iltalehti.fi/etusivu/ and
"Jokelan surmista epäillyn kotivideo"
That would be the "Jokela High School Massacre" that he posted hours before doing the actual massacre.
That received some 450.000 hits in couple hours it was up at youtube, lol.
Would have been most viewed for looong time.

.. hilarious. Well he is still just a suspect, thats why black bars.

Rocketta
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:37 PM
sad. :(

:sad:

penkku
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Very sad indeed, never thought something like this happening in Finland :sad:
Shooter also died in hospital a few minutes ago

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Shooter also died in hospital a few minutes ago

Good :fiery:

hablo
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:15 PM
La chaîne de télévision privée MTV3 a affirmé que le tireur présumé aurait exprimé à plusieurs reprises son admiration pour Hitler et Staline.

Apparently he had expressed admiration for Hitler and Stalin.

http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/monde/289793.FR.php

korben
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Apparently he had expressed admiration for Hitler and Stalin.

http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/monde/289793.FR.php

So.... That was top of the news here when situation was about minute long :tape:
Like AlQuida did it. at the moment it happened. Everyone knew who it was. :sad:

Hey idiot, are you happy now ? (looks like a massmurderer, doesnt he ?)

http://www.albaani.org/%7Eilmari/Tuusula/Natural%20Selector%209.png

I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit.

Glad you started with yourself. :bounce: Dork.

alelysafina
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:10 PM
:sad: RIP to the victims

Hachiko
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Terrible. I have a friend who lives near there. My condolences to the families of those who died.

moby
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:50 AM
http://www.heetmail.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=151&Itemid=1
His "manifesto".

How full of himself he must be to presume that he's the only one in the world to have existential crises.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Sounds like Nazism to me...

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:25 AM
This is really sad what happened.

I have to agree with him though that human society is overrated.

Scotso
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:13 AM
:sad:

That's totally unnecessary to say in a thread like this.

propi
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:48 AM
This is really sad what happened.

So is Peter Jackson and his LOTR trilogy and no sane person would attempt to murder him :rolleyes:
My condolences to all victims' families, in such a safe country like Finland it must have been a national shock

*JR*
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:40 PM
On the one hand, it might have been useful had he survived long enough 2B questioned about any possible links to other neo-Nazi scum he associated with. (Though their simply sharing his philosophy isn't a crime).

On the other, if he had gotten out in 6 or 7 years it would have been an outrage. Another question is whether he honed his shooting skills on the kind of video games that the 2 Columbine shooters in the US back in about 1999 did. (Their accuracy with head shots was uncanny).

I normally oppose governments banning expression, but would classify something like these "games" as the equivalent of bomb making manuals, which I think its justifiable to ban (whether Jack Roark likes it or not).

Sort of like the noose link ad with the clear statement about "No Jews" and other pretty clear incitement to violence (not merely approval of it , like "it would be justified if somebody...") on websites like http://www.halturnershow.com :spit:

fioredeliberi
Nov 9th, 2007, 05:39 AM
All this wouldn't happen if they just made a couple of trained teachers or administrators in every school carry firearms to protect the children. People are really silly when they object to such practical measures. I'd want my kid to be protected like that.
Sad that the police took so long to go in. Scared of their own lives, obviously.
In these school shootings, time is of the essence, and you must make entry as soon as you can. Delay is failure.

Timariot
Nov 9th, 2007, 10:38 AM
On the other, if he had gotten out in 6 or 7 years it would have been an outrage. Another question is whether he honed his shooting skills on the kind of video games that the 2 Columbine shooters in the US back in about 1999 did. (Their accuracy with head shots was uncanny).

I normally oppose governments banning expression, but would classify something like these "games" as the equivalent of bomb making manuals, which I think its justifiable to ban (whether Jack Roark likes it or not).

Video games are totally and completely useless if you want to learn how to shoot. That's like saying that playing Super Mario teaches you how to jump over stuff.

No, this guy, just like Columbine attackers learned how to shoot in old-fashioned way - shooting. Plus, they fired from very close range so they did not need marksman level skills anyway.

*JR*
Nov 9th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Video games are totally and completely useless if you want to learn how to shoot. That's like saying that playing Super Mario teaches you how to jump over stuff.

No, this guy, just like Columbine attackers learned how to shoot in old-fashioned way - shooting. Plus, they fired from very close range so they did not need marksman level skills anyway.
I don't mean the kind one plays on a PC (I agree that those would be worthless) I mean the kind in video arcades where you have to take aim @ a moving target. (The investigators of Columbine said those 2 were more accurate than cops with many hours on shooting ranges, even when not @ close range).

I agree that cops have to go in quickly (unlike @ Virginia Tech, for example) but would say that the pay gap between those (like lawyers and executives) who get to flee danger and first responders (inc. firefighters) who we expect to approach it is far too large. (As are the payment to families of those whose lives are lost in events like 9/11).

Regarding armed teachers, I guess so if they're willing, emotionally stable, and won't panic. Plus can accept that there's some possibility that they might miss the shooter and kill or severely injure an innocent kid. Whether it should be known who the armed ones are is a question with 2 sides (alerting a shooter whose room to avoid vs. alerting the other kids who's armed).

Of course if such a teacher flips out and goes on his or her own shooting rampage, we're back to square one I guess.