PDA

View Full Version : The 4 players making the semis of the YEC are......

Aaron.
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:11 AM
After watching today I am 100% I know who'll be in the semis

Kuznetsova(Nothing wrong with her just so many other players are more talented)

Hantuchova(No Weapons,slow mover she might win another match but she wont be making the semis)

Sharapova(Pretty Average..she played ok today but her fight and will will get her to the semis)

Ivanovic(Will to win...and her current form she is making the semis)

Justine(Number 1 player on a good winning streak shes making the semis)

Jankovic(She could be tired and not high on confidence we'll have to see until tomrrow But Serena and Justine have a mental edge)

Serena(Her form is ok well have to see tomorrow where she's at Same with Jankovic Serena has the serve and the will to win so if her game is decent like Miami,AO,Moscow She will make the semis)

Chakvetadze(Same with Hantuchova but a better mover she has no weapons to hurt Serena or Jankovic I can see her beating a Tired Jankovic maybe but no semis for her)

So semis will be

Sharapova
Ivanovic

Justine
Jankovic

anyone agree :devil:

VishaalMaria
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:19 AM
:S:S You havent seen them all play yet at this tournament! Wait until you've seen ever player play, then make your judgement.

Aaron.
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:20 AM
:S:S You havent seen them all play yet at this tournament! Wait until you've seen ever player play, then make your judgement. everyone has played except Serena/Jankovic

thats why I said Serena/Jankovic will determine the last semi spot

VishaalMaria
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:25 AM
everyone has played except Serena/Jankovic

thats why I said Serena/Jankovic will determine the last semi spot

Oh right! Well yeah. I pretty much agree with that :D

Wiggly
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Umm. Daniela has weapons?

Ntour
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:56 AM
i don't know about maria, i think sveta and ana could both take her out

i mean she only beat dani, lets not get too far ahead

delicatecutter
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:57 AM

:lol: I know, right? I didn't get that part of the post either. I wish I could have seen the Dani/Maria match cause I have no idea what happened there.

MisterMan
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:36 AM
So you picked the three winners today to make it to the semi's.
lol !
And the winner between Serena/Jelena tomorrow will be your fourth.

That's not going out on a limb !! That's almost stating the obvious !

OH, and you don't make it to the YEC with No Weapons on the court.

goldlion
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Red Group: Maria and Ana

Yellow Group: Justine and Serena

BTW, I wanna know if Maria is using her old service motion again?

mckyle.
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Well you picked 5 players so you didn't fully predict it :confused: There are other threads on this.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Let me tell you who will qualify for the SF...

....when they all have played their matches 1st :tape:

switz
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Hantuchova
Sharapova

Chakvedatdze
Jankovic

doni1212
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Yellow:
Serena
Jelena

Red:
Ana
Svetlana

mboyle
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:47 AM
The only person I'm fairly certain about is Justine. I'd say with 90% conviction that she will make the semi-finals. Nothing in the future is certain by definition, and Chakvetadze was her easiest match, so I won't go over 90% certainty, but I'd be pretty shocked if she lost to Jankovic, which is what it would take for her not to qualify at this point.

I can say Ana will qualify with about 75% conviction. Hantuchova has given Ana trouble in every single match, and while Ana is the favorite against Maria, it isn't out of the question that she could lose both to Dani and to Maria. However, I expect Ivanovic to win both matches and qualify. Kuznetsova was always the barometer for me.

I can say Hantuchova won't qualify with 75% conviction. Maria was her weakest opponent, and she didn't even win a set. She has beaten both Ivanovic and Kuznetsova this year, so I have to give her a chance at least, but odds aren't looking good.

The Red Group all comes down to Thursday's match between Maria and Svetlana. Long term, I'm almost certain Maria will be the better player. I think that's evidenced by the fact that Maria's had her worst year on tour and Svetlana her best and yet both have the same rough statistics (but Maria's been injured, which accounts for ranking differences,) and this match is a genuine toss up. Oh did I mention Maria's also two years younger? Anyway, when push comes to shove, I like Maria because this is an indoor surface, and Maria has never lost more than 5 games to Sveta in a YEC match. However, I hear the Madrid court is slow, which aids Sveta significantly. I will be waiting for that match with baited breath.

The Yellow group has a lot more variables. I haven't seen Serena Williams play since the US Open, when she was mediocre (if you were a fan) or a walking McDonalds advertisement (if you were a hater.) She plays Chakvetadze tomorrow right? If she loses to Chakvetadze, bye bye miss American pie, because I just don't think she can recover to beat Jankovic AND Henin. However, I don't think that's realistically going to happen, because the match will always be in Serena's court, and she has enough heart to beat players who can't beat her. If Serena wins in straight sets, she'll probably beat Jankovic and lose to Henin. If Serena wins in straight, dominating sets, she'll definitely beat Jankovic and stands a fighting chance to beat Henin. If it goes three and Serena wins on heart more than game, Jankovic will likely beat Serena. Notice I didn't say qualify. There's this odd dynamic that Chakvetadze has a nearly impeccable record against Jelena. That match is by no means a gimmie for the Serb. Also, it's not completely far fetched for Jelena to pull off the Henin upset (certainly more likely than Hantuchova beating both Ivanovic and Kuznetsova.)

In other words, I doubt that Henin will lose both to Jankovic and Serena, meaning she'll probably qualify, and I don't think Chakvetadze will beat Serena, meaning she probably won't qualify, but not one of the three other matches has any overwhelming favorite in my eyes. Jankovic could go 3-0 or 0-3 just as easily. Ultimately I think it will come down to the Serena vs. Jelena match, but I don't think that match will be as critical as Sharapova vs. Kuznetsova.

Matt01
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Hantuchova has no weapons? :lol:

Some arguments of the haters are really pathetic.

And this thread is totally pointless as well :wavey:

s_j
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Red Group: Maria and Ana

Yellow Group: Justine and Serena

BTW, I wanna know if Maria is using her old service motion again?

Yep. Maria's doing the little right knee bend before the serve and everything. The abbreviated serve is no more. :) Looks a lot better.

Reese_x
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:30 AM
1.Ana
2.Sveta

1.Justine
2.Jelena/Serena

If Jelena beats Serena (fingesr crossed) i reckon its gna be an all Serbian semi final on one half and Justine V. Svetlana on the other side.

cant cut out Hantuchova out completely though, i think shes got what it takes
same for Chak and Maria, anything can happen in Tennis, maybe Jelena will beat Justine tonight :P haha

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I finished reading when I read that Daniela has no weapons...

Beny
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:45 AM
People are really confident in Serena doing well. I think her indoor results and showings were not the best. It was enough to beat some players like...well, the only good win I remember was over Kuznetsova, but Sveta didn't play that well and was nervous in Moscow. There was less pressure on her in Stuttgart and she won in easy two.

I think Justine and either Jelena or Chaky to go to the semis.
Sharapova and Ivanovic from the other group

DownTheLine21
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Red Group:
Henin
Williams

Yellow Group:
Ivanovic
Sharapova/Kuznetsova (currently tied at 3-3)

Aaron.
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I Didnt mean Daniela didnt have any weapons

What i meant was players like Sharapova,Serena,Justine,Ivanovic,Kuznetsova have more firepower and they move better (Well not Sharapova)

Aaron.
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Justine has qualified for the semis

so 1 out of 4 correct

starin
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:46 PM

not according to Davenport

and we have no idea what form Serena is in. So its presumptious to say that she will make the semis cuz she wasn't that spectacular in the Fall season.

frenchie
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Anna C might surprise you!

She owns JJ and we don't know about Serena

Aaron.
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:19 PM
2 out of 4 Correct

Serena dosent count she was injured :ras:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:37 PM
i thought it would be sveta, ana, serena and justine

now im thinking anna will take serenas spot :o