PDA

View Full Version : Break The Ice - Britney Spears

Cage
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:06 PM
So it says this is the next single off her blackout Cd acording the Wikki. So i wanna get thoughts. I really thought Radar was better but this song is awsome to.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mt0A8vLprRU

~CANUCK~
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:32 PM
She could have released any other of the songs from the CD and it would be a hit. This CD is fantastic.

hdfb
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:45 PM
This song could have been the lead single with the opening lines where she talks, befitting for someone who's been missing in the scene for a while.

This is a great song, I hope the album has at least five singles.

tennisIlove09
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:26 AM
My personal fave is "hot as ice"
break it downnnn, break it downnnnnnnn, break it downnnnnnnnnnn

abercrombieguy23
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:46 AM
i hate the ending to break the ice....

they're going to make "piece of me" the next single

mckyle.
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:48 AM
I love Break The Ice. A lot. Piece of Me is great, but it's only good with the fans.

There could easily be 6 successful singles off this album, but I doubt Britney will do that much promotion.

mckyle.
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:49 AM
And you can't trust Wikipedia. Fans make fake pages all the time, as if making a fake page saying "This is the next single" will actually make it come true :lol:

BigB08822
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:59 AM
I don't think it really matters what her next single is. The CD is amazing and word of mouth will eventually get around, I hope. However, I don't think ANY of these songs are going to be big radio hits. It is just not that type of CD and that is perfectly acceptable. I love "Toy Soldier" but I don't see it being a radio hit. "Break the Ice" may be the most radio friendly song so that might be a good choice.

Apparently Z100 was doing a poll about whether "Break the Ice" or "Piece of Me" should be the next single so it is possible that it is still up in the air. The poll was worded something like "Pick Britney's next single" so it seemed like the results might actually matter. "Piece of Me" has gotten such good reception so the label may have decided to leave it open to change.

Cage
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:20 AM
And you can't trust Wikipedia. Fans make fake pages all the time, as if making a fake page saying "This is the next single" will actually make it come true :lol:

:lol: I know it could not be true but its still nice to hear feedback if it is true :)

abercrombieguy23
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:21 AM

you're right

thats why i didnt use wikipedia...

my friends in the industry are my source...

besides...check billboard...

:lol: :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 31st, 2008, 05:52 AM
"Break The Ice" is currently the rumored third single to be released off Blackout. It's already getting staggeringly high numbers on the radio.

"Break The Ice" Radio Update (+201 spots)
January 30th, 2008

This week: #91 (new peak)
Last week: #292
Spins: 65 (+20 from yesterday)
Bullet: +61
Audience Impressions: 3,409 million

This is exploding on radio and Jive hasn't even confirmed it. It's already in the top 40 in audience impressions and only 5 major stations have actually started playing it. Gimme More and POM didnt have radio spins nearly this high, this early. BTI has the potential to be a big hit in the U.S. :)

j6O4dC9Z5s4

GoDominique
Jan 31st, 2008, 06:52 AM
Well it won't matter what her next single will be if she's dead. All of them will be huge hits. :)

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 31st, 2008, 06:54 AM
Well it won't matter what her next single will be if she's dead. All of them will be huge hits. :)
Tasteful.

Venus&Serena
Jan 31st, 2008, 06:58 AM
Britney is awesome :inlove:!

GoDominique
Jan 31st, 2008, 07:03 AM
Tasteful.
Thank you. Just as tasteful as big fans of her giving any thoughts to what her next fucking single will be while she's going nuts. Shows how much you care about the person.

I'm 100% convinced that Britney (the person) would be much better off in the long run if her album and singles would be total flops. Fame is what did her in, so the best for her would be to leave all of this behind and stert a new life, but that's impossible if she has to shoot videos and record new songs etc.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 31st, 2008, 07:14 AM
Thank you. Just as tasteful as big fans of her giving any thoughts to what her next fucking single will be while she's going nuts. Shows how much you care about the person.

I'm 100% convinced that Britney (the person) would be much better off in the long run if her album and singles would be total flops. Fame is what did her in, so the best for her would be to leave all of this behind and stert a new life, but that's impossible if she has to shoot videos and record new songs etc.
While I agree that she should not have released this album, she did. And the music is hot. I'll support the music as long as its being put out, no matter what state her life is in.

And my supporting her professional career has no correlation with my lack of concern for her personal well-being. I invest way too much of my energy worrying about whether she's gonna be okay, whether she's gonna die soon, whether she's seeking help for her mental condition, etc, etc. I prefer to focus on the positive as much as I can when it comes to Britney.

You can accuse me of being a lot of things - but being unconcerned for Spears' life is not one of them. Sad as it may be, I care. A lot.

GoDominique
Jan 31st, 2008, 07:39 AM
I prefer to focus on the positive as much as I can when it comes to Britney.
My point was that her music being a financial success is not something positive in regard to Britney, the person, as far as I see it.

If you believe it's positive then you must also believe she should keep making albums and stay in the spotlight.

I mean, let's be honest for a second: Britney has never written a single note of music, that I'm pretty sure of. There has probably been zero creative input from her into this album. And even her voice isn't real, considering the amount of editing they used.
At this point she's nothing but a marionette and money machine for the people in charge, who use her name and personal trouble to sell music that any random woman could have "sung".

So in what way does Britney benefit from her album selling well? If she isn't dumb she has to realised she's blatantly being used. How can she gain any confidence from the success of a product that she had nothing to do with?

This is a wonderful example of what's wrong with today's music industry. If you promote young girls of limited musical talent to stardom then this is what you get. All about money, no morals, no conscience.

And sadly, millions and millions fall for this artificial bullshit, again and again and again.

Paris Hilton
Jan 31st, 2008, 10:35 AM
Yawn.

BTI is hot. Britney is not. I don't care when I'm trippin' at some club.

sfselesfan
Jan 31st, 2008, 01:31 PM
My thoughts...there are clearly a lot of people on this board with awful taste in dance music.

SF

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 31st, 2008, 02:43 PM
My point was that her music being a financial success is not something positive in regard to Britney, the person, as far as I see it.

If you believe it's positive then you must also believe she should keep making albums and stay in the spotlight.
I don't really believe it's positive or negative, really. As I said, I don't think she should have released Blackout during this time in her life. But at this point, she's released the album, so I'm gonna listen to it and enjoy it. And honestly, other than being in the studio to record the songs, she's done pretty much nothing in regards to her music. She doesn't promote, she doesn't perform anymore, she doesn't conduct interviews of any kind, she's NEVER even asked about anything music related. People just don't give a flying fuck whether her album is a success or whether her singles are flops or not (including Britney herself), other than her diehard fans. It's irrelevant as far as Britney's mental health goes. She really doesn't give a shit about music anymore whatsoever. That, along with her mental health, are the main reasons I think she should have held off the release of this album, she doesn't have any passion for the industry anymore. She's had more than enough past success that whether this current album does well or not doesn't really matter much.

I mean, let's be honest for a second: Britney has never written a single note of music, that I'm pretty sure of. There has probably been zero creative input from her into this album. And even her voice isn't real, considering the amount of editing they used.
At this point she's nothing but a marionette and money machine for the people in charge, who use her name and personal trouble to sell music that any random woman could have "sung".
Britney's written songs on her own and co-wrote a couple of tracks on Blackout. And contrary to popular belief, we're talking about someone who can actually carry a tune and has a decent singing voice. She's not some Ashlee Simpson talentless "artist" who was handed everything on a silver platter. Britney was on Star Search as a singing talent when she was 5 years old, before sex, her name, or anything else could sell herself for her. I realize that lots of people find her voice and/or her music unappealing, but that's not to say she's completely inept. It's simply not true. Britney is one of the greatest performers of her generation. She can't belt a note like Whitney Houston, but her creative input as far as concerts and tours go, and her dance moves... that can fill up stadiums.

This is a wonderful example of what's wrong with today's music industry. If you promote young girls of limited musical talent to stardom then this is what you get. All about money, no morals, no conscience.

And sadly, millions and millions fall for this artificial bullshit, again and again and again.
I don't understand what your point is in this closing paragraph. Britney's situation is an example of what, exactly? There are many "factory made" artists so to speak that are successful and don't have the same problems Britney has, they aren't mental wrecks and they aren't on suicide watch, being rushed in and out of mental care units. Britney's situation is an example of a learning how to become a famous performer before learning how to become a normal person. Poor parenting, greediness, and success at too young an age all contributed to that. All about money, with lack of morals and conscience? Sure, there's more than a few artists who could be deemed guilty of that. But that shouldn't necessarily lead your life on the path that Britney is on now.

Anyway, my point above is that this situation is not something that is consistent as far as young artists having international success goes. Britney is kind of in a league of her own here.

As far as the music goes, I can appreciate a timeless vocal talent or a timeless musician as much as the next person. I like to think my range of tastes musically is fairly broad in that respect. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate the brand of music that someone like Britney Spears releases though. Limited vocal talent or not, the music sounds great. It's produced extremely well, and if the person singing it was actually in good health, it could be performed extremely well also.

In The Zone
Feb 1st, 2008, 05:30 PM
THANK GOD.

This has been my song. I am so glad Jive is using their brains and releasing this. This could be the beginning of a new happy trend for Britney ( hopefully :rolleyes: ). Rock on Brit Brit. :D

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 1st, 2008, 05:30 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/phoenixwillrise3/brit-1.jpg

"Break The Ice" - The Official Third Single From "Blackout"

Despite reports that "Hot As Ice" would be released, the official third single from "Blackout" is "Break The Ice," to be released in the UK in April 2008. The single has already been sent out to US radio on promotional CD, featuring the full album version and the instrumental version, and within a day has climbed over 200 places on the US Top 40 mainstream radio airplay chart.

Drake1980
Feb 1st, 2008, 06:14 PM
Very good!!:hearts:

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 1st, 2008, 06:19 PM
I actually prefer Break the Ice than Hot as Ice.;)