PDA

View Full Version : Amazing first day at YEC! Don't you agree?

DragonFlame
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I absolutely loved this fine evening of tennis.:worship:

First justine keeping her streak alive and showing why she's #1 in the tiebreak keeping it together mentally.

Then maria showing why she's a champion and can win even when she's rusty and not playing that well.

Then a blockbuster of a match between ana and sveta. Ana playing godlike tennis for a set and a half and then a titanic battle with great rally's and a deserving finish.(except for that last game:tape: )

What a great start of the YEC it was today! Lets all hope all other days are just as good as this one. It would be great if justine,maria, ana and (serena/jelena) make the semi's. What a great atmosphere that would give.

Here's to day1 of the YEC! :clap2:

Slutiana
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Im too pissed off to comment about it but i suppose from another person's POV it could have been OK :ras:

Dexter
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Tell me more about it... I wish Danka won instead of Maria, but guess what I can take it. ;)

goldenlox
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:58 PM
The last match was good. At least Sveta has tomorrow off. She needs to win out and it won't hurt if Dani beat a tired Ana tomorrow.

Rod the Bama
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I thought today was a good day in Madrid. I was very pleased that Ana pulled out a win in a tough match against Kuzzie and that Maria and Dani had a good competitive match.

Wayn77
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Yea good start and its gonna get even better. :)

I was pleased Chaky showed in brief passages, just how good she can be.

Maria showed impressive fortitude in her match.

Ana v Sveta was a cracker.

Now if Jelena can beat the Belgian Bruiser tomorrow ...... :kiss:

friendsita
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Amazing???

Well one of my favs won (Masha), that's good, Kuzy and Ana had a competitive match, that's good too, but I wish it goes better and better.

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Would have been a whole lot better if Daniela had beaten the screach :o

Matt01
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:23 PM
The Ana-Sveta match was indeed very nice for the most part.
Maria-Dani was ok but the wrong player won :p
The Justine-Chaky match was quite ugly from what I've seen :tape:

mboyle
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Tomorrow's matches don't excite me as much. The only one that should be any good is Justine vs. Jelena. The other two will either be blowouts (with Serena/Ana winning) or error fests.

Hoping Ana wins in straights so that Sveta knows she has to beat Masha to stay alive...

MisterMan
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I didn't think today was anything special.
The first two matches were won by the overwhelming favorite, in straight sets no less.
The third match could've went either way - and the score showed that to be true.
All in all, a hohum day with expected results.

Bring on 'rena. Now there's some drama at least !

DownTheLine21
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't say it was an "amazing" day, but it was entertaining. The second set of the Henin-Chakvetadze match was great, as was the entire Ivanovic-Kuznetsova showdown. However, the Hantuchova-Sharapova match was embarassing.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:37 PM
it was great that Masha wins , I know from first that Anna'll lose , sad that Sveta lost .

Sefo
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:51 PM
All three matches were strong. No one was moping with no one.
From these six who played I think Henin and Maria has the best shot to the semis. I can't see Masha not winning one more match. I hope the shoulder will keep up, though. She owns CBETA and Ana is too slow minded IMO.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Amazing day? I'm glad I watched some practise instead of see Anna lose. The results speak for themself ;)

tennis_lover89
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I wouldn't say it was an "amazing" day, but it was entertaining. The second set of the Henin-Chakvetadze match was great, as was the entire Ivanovic-Kuznetsova showdown. However, the Hantuchova-Sharapova match was embarassing.
Only because maria won?:rolleyes:

stevos
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:04 AM
I agree.
I love optimistic threads like these, and I've made a few myself. Of course there will be a bunch of posters coming in, bitching about how their favourite lost, matches were "ugly" (so cliché), or some other hating on tennis.

Plus, we are getting great livestreams this tournament, Nouf's videos are amazing quality and size, and Maria won. :p
I'm in a good mood. :shrug:

plantman
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Congrats to Justine :bounce: :bounce:
Great fight from the Glamour Girl Maria.:bounce:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Well..... to say it's an amazing day...

Justine won against Anna.
Maria won against Dani (both my faves, what can I do?)
And Ivanovic defeating Sveta.

Yeap. An amazing day indeed. And I won VCash in all matches ;)

faboozadoo15
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:34 AM
It was a promising start. All three maches had ups and downs and some entertaining stuff for sure. Hopefully the level stays up and gets better with each day.

Juju4ever
Nov 7th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Yeah I agree, fantastic 1st day. Especially the third match, that was amazing. :worship:

Also it's nice to see Maria winning again. :)

I love the YEC! :hearts: